Special Playstation 5 Gran Turismo Edition Console

United States
United States
First I hope Sony reads this.
With the short supply of Playstion 5 consoles, its is a little silly to think of a Gran Turismo limited edition PS5 console at this time.
But GT7 is probably not going to be released until the fall, and by that time PS5 supply should be available in every Walmart.
I am only getting a PS5 to play one game, yup Gran Turismo 7!
So if I am waiting for a PS5 until GT7s release why not get a limited edition PS5/GT7 console.
Go back 4 years when PS4 was released in a limited edition GT sport console.
But the PS4/GT sport console never made it to the United States.
What happened there?
Does any one know why Sony snubbed the good old USA?
USA doesn't have enough GT players?
Why not bundle a new Thrust Master wheel and pedal system with it also (or not for everyone who already has a rig).
Let me know what you think.
ps4-bundle-2017-gran-turismo-sport-limited-edition-1400px-01.png

Australia
Melbourne
Nicky-Boy_7
Same boat as you, Keith; only buy consoles for one game - GT.

My biggest hope as far as console design is concerned 'though is that I'll be able to buy one in black. White ain't gonna sit pretty in my dark corner with all the other "invisible" black hardware.

Of course, if a GT version of the PS5 is the only one that's black, I'll be all-in.

Last edited:
Australia
Melbourne
Nicky-Boy_7
Update:

There are now options for aftermarket coloured panels and black is one of them, so I'll be sorted.

Yippee! 😃

Australia
Melbourne
Nicky-Boy_7
Not if the game gives you years of serious fun.

I've done this since GT3 and have never felt short-changed.

Racing_Miku

I will lead us to victory!
Premium
Scotland
Dundee, Scotland
Not wanting to dent hopes but I haven't seen anything on Sony saying that they will make 'limited' panels for the PS5.

Given the system has no desktop themes as such and has only ber'sen available in white since launch I do not see that changing any time soon unless they can do so with the 'lighter' model that's coming on market in 2022.

Me I am probably just gonna put some 'sticker's' on my console to make it more like a 'limited release' version.

At least you can now buy coloured panels so that should help with custom 'looks'.

Australia
Melbourne
Nicky-Boy_7
Yeah, it doesn't matter if Sony makes any or not mate.

The 3rd-party ones will be fine; just snap the old ones off and on with the new. When selling you can revert if that's what the buyer wants.