Special Stage 11 in Gran turismo 6?

• Thread starter luffe98
  • 120 comments
luffe98
tumblr_mmusxvkp981s9q3pyo1_250.png

So i watched the GT6 trailer and i noticed something familiar at 0:32

Is that Special Stage route 11?

Nice spot! 👍 I knew we were going to have some people look at that part of the video. Nothing wrong with it, thought about it myself but didn't feel like investigating. :P

I wonder if there are others hidden in that globe of tracks.

I think they might put both. For example a "chicane" and a "no chicane" variation. It's not like they exclude each other in the map layout.

If it´s not the GT1 version i will be terribly disappointed. That underpass was awesome.

:bowdown:

Its funny how when I just started playing the game I HATED that turn. But once I got the rest of the track down, I saw how great that chicane was. Really fun License test there, I think in the Griffith 500 :drool:

Jerome

That would be such a hectic track to drift on, would remind me of the Japanese style underground drifting scene.

The Grandaddy of all the original tracks, it always seem to be forgotten
by PD on the complete versions GT on their respected platforms GT2 & GT4.
This time hopefully we get the best of a polished game and my favorite track.:)

What's wrong with the one in GT3?

It doesn't have the dangerous chicane. I don't care which version of the track is put in, to be honest. It would be cool to see both layouts included though.

Speaking of which, I MISS the old Rome track.

I think the hope was that if they ever brought the SSR11 back they would implement to chicane option.
The chance to have GT3 version back is better than none, still is challenging.

That circuit alone might be good enough to spare PD from all their sins... :drool:

But we need more than just a returning circuit... 👎 I still see nothing more than an expansion game...

That circuit alone might be good enough to spare PD from all their sins... :drool:

But we need more than just a returning circuit... 👎 I still see nothing more than an expansion game...

Well, we might not be flooded with new tracks. But there's also a new renderer, new physics, adaptive tessellation, improved course creator, completely reworked (and improved, hopefully) UI and new online community features.

My hat certainly hasn't fallen off with the announcement on the number new tracks. I'm really hoping that there aren't 10+ more tracks ready and finished (and that is what the hat statement was based on) and they're being held back for the DLC programme. That would be awful.

tumblr_mmusxvkp981s9q3pyo1_250.png

So i watched the GT6 trailer and i noticed something familiar at 0:32

Is that Special Stage route 11?

Unfortunately that's the GT3 version. That hairpin in the GT3 version is nasty and totally kills the flow of the racetrack, not to mention it removed a lot of the undulation. Did not get my blood pumping.

EDIT: The GT1 version chicane would admittedly be utterly disastrous in GT6.

Last edited:
With SSR5 already in the game, this track wouldn't count as one of the new ones, would it? Its the same location. Which means we are basically getting 8 new tracks.

With SSR5 already in the game, this track wouldn't count as one of the new ones, would it? Its the same location. Which means we are basically getting 8 new tracks.
It doesn't share any track portion with those tracks, plus it's on a completely different environment, although similarly looking, so it counts as a different track.

These tracks are regarded to share the same "location":

Nuerburgring Nordschleife / Nuerburgring GP
Cathedral Rocks Trail / El Capitan
Eiger Nordwand road / Eiger Nordwand

Never liked either one, but if given the choice, the GT3 version of SSR11 was more tolerable (the GT1 version seemed like fumbling around in an unfamiliar house at night with a power outage). I think I lost too many GT1 races/events there (except the twin enduros) to enjoy it much.

Back