Special Stage City '90s / '00s (aka. Route 16 / 5-11)

Philippines
Quezon City, Philippines & Las Vegas, NV
GTP_VanishingBoy
Vanishing Boy
-> I'm shocked that not even a soul nominated this would-be-epic city track! Took me a while after nominating 3+ tracks here...

BT -> What if you combine GT's most venerable city track, Route 5 '90s/'00s. Then combine it to the most epic original city track in the history of GT, Route 11 '90s/'00s?

SpecialStageCity1.png

Credit: Shirakawaa

-> Heres what I've said in the past:

Me
The SSR5/CSR5 '10s and SSR7 are connected in some odd ball in a way. It's not sure which exit ramp on SSR7 leads toward SSR5/CSR5 though.

There is not way in hell that SSR7, SSR5/CSR5, and SSR11 are all connected each other in any way shape or form. Here's the formula that me, SHIRAKAWA, and Nero9 had come up months ago:

SSR5 '10s/CSR5 '10s [GT5] -OK- SSR7 [GT5]

SSR5 '90s / '00s [GT1/2/3/4/TT/PSP] -OK- SSR11 '90s / '00s [GT1/3]

SSR5 '90s / '00s [GT1/2/3/4/TT/PSP] -X- SSR7 [GT5]

SSR5 '10s/CSR5 '10s [GT5] -X- SSR11 '90s / '00s [GT1/3]

CSR5 '90s [GT1/2/4/TT/PSP] -X- SSR11 '90s /'00s [GT1/3]

CSR5 '90s / '00s [GT1/2/4/TT/PSP] -X- SSR7 [GT5]

SSR11 '90s / '00s [GT1/3] -X- SSR7 [GT5]

:)

Last edited:
it would be astonishing track even if it would be just a bonus for completion the game or so.

Last edited:
Did some research earlier on SSR5, and had a look at the place where SSR5 and SSR11 meet. If you try to take a photo in the replay you can look over the barrier in the way but all you see behind it are shoddy and missing textures with no evidence of SSR11 being there. If SSR11 comes as DLC, then SSR5 will have to have the background edited to show some existence of it.

-> ...
Problem being that overpass isn't there anymore:

It seems its orientation changed dramatically from GT4 to GT5/6:
^ That is why I split the two versions of SSR5 to '90s (GT1-GT4) & '10s (GT5-GT6). Similar application to Fuji Speedway in GT4.

The highway looks like it's going to SSRX
^ Um, no. Its a different section of the freeway.

^ Yes I do observe that as I was digging the connection of DPRX & SSR5 '10s. But I finally conclude back then that there is no way that SSRX is close by any city proximity anywhere...plus the '10s version SSR5 is a track of its own...

^ Yes I do observe that as I was digging the connection of DPRX & SSR5 '10s. But I finally conclude back then that there is no way that SSRX is close by any city proximity anywhere...plus the '10s version SSR5 is a track of its own...

Thats what I'm saying. Proving that this IS NOT SSRX. Because thats literally in the middle of nowhere.

Also SSR11 is right next to SSR5 and thats why I'm saying this IS SSR11.

-> ...
Route 5 and route 7 ARE connected!! Look at the signs in the tunnel on special stage route 5. They point to an off-ramp to ROUTE 7
^ The Route 5 is somewhat connected to Route 7. But it's not connected in anyway within the confines of the track themselves.

-> If you ever replayed Route 7, as you noticed that there were no substantial exits that leads to any Route highways. Sure they were a toll gate and some barricaded walls. But other than that, the Route 5 exit towards Route 7 is located at a different area somewhere in the highway but not within the confines of the track. ;)

^ I did this research two years ago when I was doing the missing track debacle.

Route 5 and route 7 ARE connected!! Look at the signs in the tunnel on special stage route 5. They point to an off-ramp to ROUTE 7

Edit: shocking spelling
To me, I think it would be nice if they'd bring it all together for like an all new mode

If you included Route 7 on this, it would be a track worthy of giving the Nürburgring a challenge... Extreme brute speed section followed up by a gruelling technical section. Would be enough to keep most people on their toes. Imagine a 24h endurance race on THAT :D

I think that with just a few edits to both of the tracks' details to make sense of the layout and we would be able to combine them for a well needed city layout track.

I didn't know this track idea got it's own thread but I have to support it now I know it's here. I don't really think it matters at all if either track was actually proximate to the other because these are fictional tracks. The picture in the original post of the track layout seems like that would be the best way to do it. However I would want the track(s) to adhere separately as 90's and 00's versions so that Route 11 has the underpass and crazy chicane. Throw in weather/time and lots of glitzy lightning and boom. If Route 11 came back on its own that would be absolutely marvellous and if the two were combined (Route 16?) that would be...beyond words I guess.

Considering original tracks don't have licensing issues (bar what sponsors are on billboards etc.) I don't understand why this track has been left for dead

Latest Posts

Back