Special Stage City '90s / '00s (aka. Route 16 / 5-11)

Discussion in 'Tracks' started by The Vanishing Boy, Jan 21, 2014.

1. The Vanishing Boy

The Vanishing Boy Premium

-> I'm shocked that not even a soul nominated this would-be-epic city track! Took me a while after nominating 3+ tracks here...

BT -> What if you combine GT's most venerable city track, Route 5 '90s/'00s. Then combine it to the most epic original city track in the history of GT, Route 11 '90s/'00s?

[​IMG]
    Credit: Shirakawaa

-> Heres what I've said in the past:

:)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  2. Alexandros

Alexandros

Good idea...:tup:

BJahalt88 and Racedriver117 like this.
  3. The Vanishing Boy

-> Just think of it! This would be a Nurburgring equivalent within the city limits! Imagine doing a 50 lap endurance race with time change!!

4. karelpipa

karelpipa

it would be astonishing track even it would be just as a bonus for completion the game or so.

5. Roflwaffle

Roflwaffle

Did some research earlier on SSR5, and had a look at the place where SSR5 and SSR11 meet. If you try to take a photo in the replay you can look over the barrier in the way but all you see behind it are shoddy and missing textures with no evidence of SSR11 being there. If SSR11 comes as DLC, then SSR5 will have to have the background edited to show some existence of it.

6. The Vanishing Boy

^ You mean this?

SSR5 '90s from GT4
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

SSR11 '90s from GT3
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

^ Took me about 4 hours to compile a comparison between SSR5 '90s, '10s, & SSR11 '00s. ;)

7. true_kiat

true_kiat

Problem being that overpass isn't there anymore:

[​IMG]

It seems its orientation changed dramatically from GT4 to GT5/6:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. DJTHEKING

DJTHEKING

Special Stage Route 5_1.jpg The highway looks like it's going to SSRX
    Special Stage Route 5.jpg

9. The Vanishing Boy

-> ...
    ^ That is why I split the two versions of SSR5 to '90s (GT1-GT4) & '10s (GT5-GT6). Similar application to Fuji Speedway in GT4.

^ Um, no. Its a different section of the freeway.

10. Logoncal21

Logoncal21

I don't even think that SSRX is connected to the other tracks. Would look very funny since Route X is Test Course GT3/4 up to eleven.

Racedriver117 and ZedMan1996 like this.
  11. ZedMan1996

ZedMan1996 (Banned)

You can only see these cranes in SSR11 and the ones in SSRX have a very different design structure.

So in other words these are the only signs of SSR11 still existing in later Gran Turismo games:

6560655575_bfde59b0c5_z.jpg

12. The Vanishing Boy

^ Yes I do observe that as I was digging the connection of DPRX & SSR5 '10s. But I finally conclude back then that there is no way that SSRX is close by any city proximity anywhere...plus the '10s version SSR5 is a track of its own...

ZedMan1996 and JulesJackson like this.
  13. Zooleg

Zooleg

Why not just connect the SSR tracks in some way, fill the middle in, then eliminate the walls into the inside of the city

ZedMan1996 and Urbanliner like this.
  14. Nurburgthing.

Nurburgthing.

SSRX is a fictional track.

Would be nice to have SSR7 connected to R11 and R5.

15. ZedMan1996

ZedMan1996 (Banned)

Thats what I'm saying. Proving that this IS NOT SSRX. Because thats literally in the middle of nowhere.

Also SSR11 is right next to SSR5 and thats why I'm saying this IS SSR11.

16. steebz

steebz

Route 5 and route 7 ARE connected!! Look at the signs in the tunnel on special stage route 5. They point to an off-ramp to ROUTE 7

Edit: shocking spelling

17. JulesJackson

JulesJackson (Banned)

They have to do this. This would be epic.

18. The Vanishing Boy

-> ...
    ^ The Route 5 is somewhat connected to Route 7. But it's not connected in anyway within the confines of the track themselves.

-> If you ever replayed Route 7, as you noticed that there were no substantial exits that leads to any Route highways. Sure they were a toll gate and some barricaded walls. But other than that, the Route 5 exit towards Route 7 is located at a different area somewhere in the highway but not within the confines of the track. ;)

^ I did this research two years ago when I was doing the missing track debacle.

ZedMan1996 and Harsk100 like this.
  19. The Vanishing Boy

-> Updated the OP and fixed the map image of SSC. Thanks!

ZedMan1996, ToyGTone and Neddo like this.
  20. ToyGTone

ToyGTone

This is going to be one of the best track ever if they added it.

ZedMan1996 likes this.
  21. ZedMan1996

ZedMan1996 (Banned)

Glad to be close to this thread for a year now! ^_^

Hobson likes this.
  22. MBeattie

MBeattie

Don't mean to bump an old thread, but I'm so in love with the idea of a dual Special Stage :D

23. DaBRZBeast

DaBRZBeast

I in favor of combining and expanding older tracks

BJahalt88 likes this.
  24. DaBRZBeast

DaBRZBeast

To me, I think it would be nice if they'd bring it all together for like an all new mode

25. Munckeyz

Munckeyz

If you included Route 7 on this, it would be a track worthy of giving the Nürburgring a challenge... Extreme brute speed section followed up by a gruelling technical section. Would be enough to keep most people on their toes. Imagine a 24h endurance race on THAT :D

BJahalt88 and ZedMan1996 like this.
  26. RoadRunner36

RoadRunner36

I think that with just a few edits to both of the tracks' details to make sense of the layout and we would be able to combine them for a well needed city layout track.

BJahalt88 likes this.
  27. RagingDaemon

RagingDaemon

I didn't know this track idea got it's own thread but I have to support it now I know it's here. I don't really think it matters at all if either track was actually proximate to the other because these are fictional tracks. The picture in the original post of the track layout seems like that would be the best way to do it. However I would want the track(s) to adhere separately as 90's and 00's versions so that Route 11 has the underpass and crazy chicane. Throw in weather/time and lots of glitzy lightning and boom. If Route 11 came back on its own that would be absolutely marvellous and if the two were combined (Route 16?) that would be...beyond words I guess.

Considering original tracks don't have licensing issues (bar what sponsors are on billboards etc.) I don't understand why this track has been left for dead

28. SnakeOfBacon

SnakeOfBacon

Well, they don't have to be directly connected, you could always throw in a new part.

[​IMG]

Castrol96, ProjectF and BJahalt88 like this.
  29. The Vanishing Boy

^ No, just no. :yuck:

Castrol96 likes this.
  30. SnakeOfBacon

SnakeOfBacon

I wasn't suggesting the connecting bit look like the squiggle I did. Yuck as well, that would be like the worst part of Twin Ring Motegi, that's why I drew a question mark in the middle, just saying there could be something in between.

ZedMan1996 likes this.