Special Stage Route X 'Oval' is 30km in Length!

• Thread starter JRayWRX
  • 630 comments
Let's play KART on Route X :dopey:

^ This is the 2012 GTP award quote it has to be! Oh too soon :ouch:

I would seriously do that.

Well the Nascar series on GTP will have a new track. The Route X 300, 17 laps of in your face blurring by satellites mayhem. Oh and with the new tire model five pit stops to boot! That will be some race.

-> Hmm, so much hate for this track... :indiff:

-> I too was dissapointed too, (wishing) for something even a better track. But some people in GTP were contemplating a track that will resemble Ehra-Lessien, Nardo, or even DPTC '00s which was featured in GT4 and this track represents the whole notion of a 'true top speed track'. :)

-> Sure Top Speed, Drag, F1, & Red Bull racers (like my friend [not in GTP]) will definitely have a hoot putting the pedal down for some high velosity hoonage. :sly:

-> SSRX will not cater to guys like me (especially online), but who cares!? GT is always all about 'driving' variety and I have no problem with that! 👍

Is it kind of confirmed that it will be "only" an Oval? I remember Complex Strings with all those insane turns, that was fun. I can't believe it's going to be a 30km Oval and nothing else.

There are already a couple of dozen tracks with plenty of corners to choose from let us who wish to do some decent testing have just this one.

Is it kind of confirmed that it will be "only" an Oval? I remember Complex Strings with all those insane turns, that was fun. I can't believe it's going to be a 30km Oval and nothing else.
It looks like it'll be more than a single oval track. The info. "leaker" said One straight would be 12km and X Oval makes it seem like there will be more than just the oval.

There are already a couple of dozen tracks with plenty of corners to choose from let us who wish to do some decent testing have just this one.
Wow, that's not asking for too much.

Its about time we got another nice fantasy track imo.
Ever since Kart Space, I was wondering what the next Original/Fantasy track would be. If it somehow turns out to only be an oval after all this, I'll feel let down, but I think it's unlikely that we've misinterpreted Space Empire's last reply.

That's all good and all, but I'm very disappointed that we're paying for it to begin with. Something like this should've already been in the game. It just seems like a no-brainer that it should've been a basic feature... 👎

Not here too....aren't there a few other threads with an on-going war for that?

At a constant speed of 500 Km/h it would still take 3:36 minutes to make a full lap.
Likely more than 20 minutes with an old Fiat 500.

I meant, they're fast enough to reach and maintain a speed of 500 Km/h, but we'll see if it will be the case when the track gets released (or if videos from the Tokyo Auto Salon Gran Turismo booth get shared on the internet).

Agree with you.

The track seems to be nice, you know time changes and stuff... but 30 kms... of straight road and 4 corners, its a bit lame isn't it?
Are you you sure, that there will be 4 corners? The test course in the last GT titles had 2 banked corners only! ;)

LMSCorvetteGT2

Well the Nascar series on GTP will have a new track. The Route X 300, 17 laps of in your face blurring by satellites mayhem. Oh and with the new tire model five pit stops to boot! That will be some race.

We can't wait 👍

Anyone who intends to race the X2010/11 with a g25/g27 on 12km straights, without disconnecting the power, gets a 👍 from me.

Do the electric cars have enough juice to drive that long? 30km? that is way too long and boring, I hope we don't have to drive it's whole distance to get our measurement tests. The Nur at 22km is perfect due to its variance, but a long hollow oval, seems useless to me, unless packed with high speed drifters taking turns , etc, I dunno.

Anyone who intends to race the X2010/11 with a g25/g27 on 12km straights, without disconnecting the power, gets a 👍 from me.

How do these compare to the DFGT (force feedback wise on the straights)? Was doing some arcade test races yesterday on SSR7 and after 10 laps I couldn't feel my arms anymore :)

Will be interesting to see how long they will last on X :D

Test Course never really felt like a proper top speed oval because of how short the straights were (1.6km or so), but that at least meant the races on it didn't drag on. I feel SSRX's 12km straights will be great for testing cars and drag racing, but if any races were to be held there, I'd prefer they didn't last more than 1 lap.

How do these compare to the DFGT (force feedback wise on the straights)? Was doing some arcade test races yesterday on SSR7 and after 10 laps I couldn't feel my arms anymore :)

Will be interesting to see how long they will last on X :D

Two laps at Indianapolis, killed me. 12km straight, me thinks I will be unplugging the power!

Back