Special Stage Route X 'Oval' is 30km in Length!

• Thread starter JRayWRX
  • 630 comments
Gtuned
US PS Blog says tommorow, the update's tonight at 11PM EST Time.

Right!!! Software update does not equal DLC purchased in the PSN store.

The DLC will be available when the store for your particular region typically updates. Unless PD will be gifting us all a car.

End of confusion .

Does anyone know when the store updates for EST time? Maintenance doesn't really mean anything to me :lol:.

CAM
Does anyone know when the store updates for EST time? Maintenance doesn't really mean anything to me :lol:.

From my observations they do it at random times. Some days it's early, others in can be 5 or 6 before they update the store. :crazy:

I wonder if PD will fix the screwed up aero in GT5 for this update?

You know, how you can max out the downforce on a car and go just as fast on a straightaway? That's always been a huge error in GT5 physics, now would be a perfect time to fix it once and for all.

BWX

You know, how you can max out the downforce on a car and go just as fast on a straightaway? That's always been a huge error in GT5 physics, now would be a perfect time to fix it once and for all.

I don't know about you, but downforce has always seemed to affect my top speed wherever I go, though, it might be something else, but I'm pretty sure it's affected my top speed many times before.

I don't know about you, but downforce has always seemed to affect my top speed wherever I go, though, it might be something else, but I'm pretty sure it's affected my top speed many times before.

Yep, same here. I can hit 500 in my X2011 comfortably with no downforce, I add downforce and Im bumping the limiter way earlier at near 470-480... Not sure what the BS is about aero not affecting top speed..

Nismo34
Yep, same here. I can hit 500 in my X2011 comfortably with no downforce, I add downforce and Im bumping the limiter way earlier at near 470-480... Not sure what the BS is about aero not affecting top speed..

Yea a wing on a street car lowers top speed quite a bit. This guy must be clueless.

Yea a wing on a street car lowers top speed quite a bit. This guy must be clueless.

I will admit, there could be a bit more of a speed sacrifice put in place with aero... But as is, there is a definitive drop in top speed.

Nismo34
I will admit, there could be a bit more of a speed sacrifice put in place with aero... But as is, there is a definitive drop in top speed.

Oh yes look at the viper ACR. IRL it's top speed is 179 versus an srt10 coupe which stands at 202mph.

Ok, so correct me if im wrong but isint the reason a wing drops your top speed is partly because of drag?
And also i hope pd fixed things like on the C5 premium vette, the little lip spoiler gets as much downforce as the others, i dont feel thats possible

Ok, so correct me if im wrong but isint the reason a wing drops your top speed is partly because of drag?
And also i hope pd fixed things like on the C5 premium vette, the little lip spoiler gets as much downforce as the others, i dont feel thats possible

Its all about coefficients and such. A higher angle on a small spoiler will have the same coefficient as a larger spolier at a shallower angle.

Try it on an oval. It's wrong in GT5, I thought that was common knowledge.

BWX
Try it on an oval. It's wrong in GT5, I thought that was common knowledge.

If your talking about nascars while drafting going around daytona, that might be the cause (the darfting in gt5 is extremely overpowered). Also, you seem to be the only person with this problem, I've never seen anyone else with this problem, so, no, I would not figure it to be common knowledge.

Last edited:
Thanks!!!

So it seems that with G-force they are referring to acceleration, not cornering:
gran-turismo.com
... Selecting "Begin Measuring Acceleration Capabilities" will allow you to record your acceleration time, sector time, and maximum G-force ...
Another possibility: this is a full lap, and the system measures cornering G. That's just speculation though, on pretty thin ice.

The track is a classic oval with long straights, full speed curves and a narrower section at the start-finish-line, no mention of extra sections like a skidpad.

Last edited:
image01.jpg

Garages on the left side look like those from Vettel Special introduction movie.

Quote from te US GT site:

The surface is fully flat, and because the curves are large in radius they can be driven at full throttle. The only thing you have to watch for is the start/goal section which is a narrow square tunnel.

So no dragracing...

After seeing that im more excited about this dlc I have alot of favourites I will be testing from the x2011 down to a toyota sera cant wait

I'm also very content with the DLC!
All I wanted was some accurate testing.

Sure, I would love to have dragracing an a "complex string", but I also would like to have Porsche... ;)

BWX

Downforce do affect top speed, and has done so scince day one. For an extreme test where it's clearly obvious, try the X2010 with max downforce and with minimum downforce. With minimum downforce you nearly reach 500 km/h, with max downforce you barely reach 400 km/h.

Or, you can just download the new speed test pack and get more exact data :)

After seeing that im more excited about this dlc I have alot of favourites I will be testing from the x2011 down to a toyota sera cant wait
I'm looking for the track actually not for be testing my cars, just for some free laps with time change, so i can watch the track environment while listening to my songs and driving the new DLC cars. You know just relax while driving around this long track for some laps.

looks pretty good, how we can use that rack online will be the deal breaker. otherwise i think it will lose its novelty after a few attempts...

Back