Special Stage Route X 'Oval' is 30km in Length!

• Thread starter JRayWRX
  • 630 comments
If thats the only car you've had that problem with then I'd think it to be a car problem, because, like I've said, I don't have this problem, sarthe, daytona, indy, none, I don't have this problem.

No it was just one example out of many. Go test it yourself, then you will have ''had this problem''. As I said though, in a few hrs we'll know what happens on a true straightaway.

BWX
No it was just one example out of many. Go test it yourself, then you will have ''had this problem''. As I said though, in a few hrs we'll know what happens on a true straightaway.

Alright, I just tested the same car on the same track, with the absolute minimum downforce for both the front and back I got to 230 mph by the end of the front straight. Then with Max downforce on both the front and back I only reached 225 mph by the front straight, and if you don't believe me, I will post footage later (but I have to go to my grandparents house to work on my real car right now). So I'm not sure about you, but those results seemed pretty diffinitive to me, I even tried it twice to see if maybe it was the line out of turn 4, but I got the same result. The car didn't want to go over 225.

Here's your elevation change.

routex.jpg

the only disappointment its only 1 track :/
Very true. I'm sure PD could have easily made a couple of variations from it.
A car park with cones, for example? Or a TopGear Test Track-styled course using parts of the straight and the infield? The possibilities are many, and there's plenty of untapped potential for them on SSRX as far as I can see.

But gotta remember next time to maintain very low expectations on new content. We're speaking of PD, after all.

no, it's on the side the NSX is driving. you see it in the video

the other side is flat, you clearly see it in the X2010 video

I think they show clips of both directions in the video.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that bridge is the only spot where it changes.

No because you're staying flat (to whats around i.e. sea level).

While yes you are flat at each point in relation to the ground you are stood upon if you actually layed a 2d plane across any surface it would have elevation at each end of the line with the mounting point in the middle being the only contact point.

The curvature of the earth has a massive effect for ships at sea and their navigation requiring a higher elevation of radar mounts to compensate for over the horizon viewing.

My point is simply if the track was real and laid completely upon a 2d plane what would its elevation be at the ends?

edit- NM a quick bit of very rough maths gives me a measurement of about 20 meters on each end, Or a combined peak of curve of 40m across the length which would only be 130 feet.

Last edited:
Seems too big a number to be feasible, but could it simply be the height differential between the straights and the very top of the banking, which after all is still considered track?

This may be better for the tuning forum, but my X2010 has downforce lowered as far as it can go and tranny raised as high as it can go and I'm still topping out at 310. How does it go higher?

What a great looking track! It does exactly as advertised. Great for testing, however, for actual racing, I can see this only being fun in any kind of race car. Production models, not so much.

Still intrigued by the road to the left coming out of the startline tunnel. It is marked every 100 meters as well and is situated as if it were set for drag racing. At about the 4k mark, it has a turn off curving around and bridging over into the center of the oval...

Still hoping that they have another layout as well as actual drag racing in the future...

On the right side after the pits there is a rather large chunk of the access road missing. I'm starting to think pd really rusher this one out.

Find gameplay on youtube

Blah.

Well I just had my first race online. I guess I will just use this as just a test track. Boring online.

What the hell, I wonder how long they worked on this? It's a joke. Sorry but if they are trying to expand to the online audience this track is not for that purpose.

Last edited:
Back