Spider and Roadster Pro in the VX220

• Thread starter TurboSmoke
  • 6 comments
This car is a good choice for this race....when tuned it wil easily beat the competition with a healthy margin..

in the trial mountain stage my line up was

1. MS Elise
2. ZZS(J)
3. Elise 190
4. RUF 3400s
5. S2000 type V(J)
6. Vauxhall VX220

the biggest threat here is the MS Elise so i use the settings here with a fairly wide gear set up and T5 tyres in order to pit in after the 5th lap and catch the leader (if nessesary) with the remaining 5 ....

its very common to get the TVR 500 in this group in place of the ZZS in which case the TVR is you main rival.

the VX220 is an excellent handler with stock settings but i gave the NA tuning all i could throw at it because the MS Elise seems un-naturally fast in this race....

with the T5s the handling is much improved and the car is stable and by the end of the 5th lap you should have a 20+ second lead on the Elise so i pitted in and came out about 2 seconds behind the Elise, who seemed more determing than ever to thwart my attempts to win...it took a lap and a half before i passed him and he stuck to me like glue for the next lap...but i though he would pit in...(he never did)

the rest of the field were way back my this time and i was gaining 15 second advantage on the elise and on the 7th lap the s2000 and Ruf pitted in....so i was cruising when just after T2 on the 8th, i was feeling a bit cocky and cut the sharp right hander with the small grass verge...i spun backwards like a bowling ball on vaseline and came to a sudden halt....i reversed and handbrake-skidded forward to get into the race again when the elise over took as i was gaining speed...

i spent lap 9 and 10 gaining a small advantage on this to win the race by 6+ seconds...this would have been over 25 seconds if i didnt spin...

so its easy to win using this car and i even pitted when the second fastest didnt didnt...if i changed my strategy and didnt pit i would have a 50+ second lead on this race....

end results..

1st Vauxhall VX220 15'29.967
2nd MS-Elise +0'06.138
3rd ZZS(J) +0'15.857
4th Elise 190 +0'16.675
5th RUF 3400S ....Still Running
6th S2000 V(J) ....Still Running

i am about to attempt cote d'zur and this should be funnnn...its one of my fave tracks...:)

Spin-to-win! Good work, and a good writeup. I'm not quite sure which turn you spun on, though. Right at the top of the hill, just before the downhill run?

cheers mate...

okay the turn:

on Trial Mountain forward you scream along the long straight under the tunnel, hit a big left hander and go up the hill to a very easy chicane, then you hit a 90 degree right hander with a little bit of grass....right there...

the VX220 hates the red and white edging....it grabs the front tyres and spins you backwards violently and does the same if your in the elise...

also i forgot to mention, if using the 220 you have to race very cleanly...stay away from anything thats not tarmac and dont hit the sides....

i dunno how to edit a post and insert an image...

so heres a new post..

heres the corner.

Attachments

• trialmtn.gif
    trialmtn.gif
    15 KB · Views: 67
Originally posted by ving
well written.
I know that corner well :)
I hate that corner when going in the other direction.

cheers bud...

when i can be arsed i might add the cote stage to this thread...the 220 seriously whips the bastads in this stage... :)

Back