Spintires: Mudrunner/snowrunner

Bought it again, this time on PS4 with American Wilds included. Nice to have the quicker F150 to roll over/get stuck etc.

For how excited I was for this expansion I haven't given it any proper time yet. I absolutely love driving around in the Blazer though. Trying to go as quickly as possible on the paved roads without it ending in a cataclysmic accident has been my highlight so far.

The blazer gave new life to the game for me. Not sure why but i never really had that "i wonder if i can get up there?" Mentality in the Soviet vehicles.

Some news from the "What's next de Focus" event.

New cargo types: barrels, bricks
Some sort of visual vehicle customizations and upgrades inside a 3D garage
Redesigned HUD
Licensed vehicles
The map on the screenshots is called "Smithville Dam", so USA maps are present in the game
Snow maps

D3yNa6LWkAEdcTG.jpg:large

D3yWxmrWAAAoVJA.jpg:large

D3yUeElXsAAgcta.jpg:large

D3ytDA3XoAEHx3Q.jpg:large
1554977859415-12121-resized.png

MudRunner-2-Offscreen-3.jpg

Sa3xwqP.jpg

The snow looks very impressive! So does the shallow mud with the water resting in it, visually it already looks like an improvement on the first game.

mud-runner-2-preview-3.jpg

mud-runner-2-preview-4.jpg

mud-runner-2-preview-2.jpg

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/0...mud-runner-2-at-focus-homes-whats-next-event/

"We were shown how to navigate through roads that were mostly dirt and mud, flooded areas, snow-covered terrain, and icy patches. We were shown the different jobs you can take on as you help people out and fulfill contracts. We were shown the fast-pass version after you’ve done a job enough times to make future trips easy. We saw hidden vehicles you can rescue from being stuck somewhere and can use later for special jobs."

Maaan that surely looks impressive. I know this and ETS2&ATS isn't really comparable but I surely hope this will give SCS a push. The difference in the visuals is a whole universe.

I just hope this is good... Because they basically ditched the original Spin Tires, and barely supported MudRunner, it was basically a re-polished, original spin tires, with features removed.

I just hope this is good... Because they basically ditched the original Spin Tires, and barely supported MudRunner, it was basically a re-polished, original spin tires, with features removed.

I don't think its fair to say that the people who ditched SpinTires are now barely supporting MudRunner because they're different studios and publishers. They are 2 separate titles despite sharing content and gameplay.

However SpinTires has gone back into development recently with the original studio working on it again adding things like weather effects.

EDIT: Not long after I posted this they announced the next (free) DLC for MudRunner! Arriving April 30th on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Switch, it contains 2 new trucks and a new map "The Rocky Hills".

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/37742/announcing-free-dlc-old-timers

These grizzled old veterans can’t wait to show you what they’re made of. And who said you can’t teach old dogs new tricks? As a scout vehicle, the Chevy Napco 3100 brings two brand new attachments: the loaded cart log (exclusive to the Rocky Hills Map), and the scout trailer.

And if you're looking for versatility, look no further than the GMC DW950. The king of attachments, the GMC is able to equip a ton of different attachments to suit your needs.

1555508320083-mudrunner_old-timers_04.jpg

1555508348805-mudrunner_old-timers_03.jpg

Last edited:
I’m happy to see them still supporting the game.

I’ve recently finished all maps on Casual difficulty and have moved onto Hardcore after dicking around with the Hummer forever :embarrassed:

Just 4 more of the original maps to go now.

Should keep me busy until the 30th.

Michigander here. That's not a thing :lol:
Being originally from Da U.P. (eh), I can say there's some moderately hilly and rocky terrain as you get close to Wisconsin, but nothing that would qualify as a mountain. I guess they just saw Iron Mountain on the map and said "oh, hey!" 💡

That said, there is a vast amount of swampy forestland in that region that is mostly the domain of logging trucks and drunk snowmobilers, so it's still suitable terrain for a game like this.

I'll be curious to see how close they get to the real Detroit Diesel sound on the GMC. There's a reason they're nicknamed "Screaming Jimmys."

Just tried this on xBox one with a Fanatec CSW 2.5 - no FFB at all. Tried the Gamepass version - not a "worth buying" for me.

My 2 cents.

Sweet! Excited to see a Mudrunner 2 in the works! Didn't expect this...

On the other hand...can someone tell me how the hell I can drive the Hummer in the game? Which map is it available on? I've played the latest maps for hours and still cannot drive the Hummer H1.

Sweet! Excited to see a Mudrunner 2 in the works! Didn't expect this...

On the other hand...can someone tell me how the hell I can drive the Hummer in the game? Which map is it available on? I've played the latest maps for hours and still cannot drive the Hummer H1.

Do you have the American Wilds expansion?

Just tried this on xBox one with a Fanatec CSW 2.5 - no FFB at all. Tried the Gamepass version - not a "worth buying" for me.

My 2 cents.

This is something that other Fanatec users have reported in Mud Runner on Xbox. It's worth trying it with a controller though, it's a very fun game with a controller

This is something that other Fanatec users have reported in Mud Runner on Xbox. It's worth trying it with a controller though, it's a very fun game with a controller
I use a controller, and yes, it is a lot of fun.

I never knew they were making a 2nd game. Did they say if its coming to consoles too? I was so impressed with the 1st one on ps4. Love to mess around trying to get out of a jam using different vehicles and tools. Very immersive even more with a wheel plus a controller.

Back