Spintires: Mudrunner

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by imported_rik19, Aug 20, 2017.

1. VXR

VXR

Bought it again, this time on PS4 with American Wilds included. Nice to have the quicker F150 to roll over/get stuck etc.

2. wolfsburgraz

wolfsburgraz

For how excited I was for this expansion I haven't given it any proper time yet. I absolutely love driving around in the Blazer though. Trying to go as quickly as possible on the paved roads without it ending in a cataclysmic accident has been my highlight so far.

3. Dairyworker

Dairyworker

The blazer gave new life to the game for me. Not sure why but i never really had that "i wonder if i can get up there?" Mentality in the Soviet vehicles.

VXR likes this.
  4. Gr4ndy

Gr4ndy

Some news from the "What's next de Focus" event.

New cargo types: barrels, bricks
    Some sort of visual vehicle customizations and upgrades inside a 3D garage
    Redesigned HUD
    Licensed vehicles
    The map on the screenshots is called "Smithville Dam", so USA maps are present in the game
    Snow maps

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

alp, L8 Apex, XJ40 and 7 others like this.
  5. MMX

MMX Premium

Been looking forward to the second game. Can't wait to play it.

6. Moglet

Moglet Premium

The snow looks very impressive! So does the shallow mud with the water resting in it, visually it already looks like an improvement on the first game.

7. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

Awesome! I hope the new engine allows for larger maps.

MXH and Gr4ndy like this.
  8. Gr4ndy

Gr4ndy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/0...mud-runner-2-at-focus-homes-whats-next-event/

"We were shown how to navigate through roads that were mostly dirt and mud, flooded areas, snow-covered terrain, and icy patches. We were shown the different jobs you can take on as you help people out and fulfill contracts. We were shown the fast-pass version after you’ve done a job enough times to make future trips easy. We saw hidden vehicles you can rescue from being stuck somewhere and can use later for special jobs."

9. Dairyworker

Dairyworker

I love mudrunner and had no idea a new one was coming. I am instantly excited for this. The pics and limited info you guys have shared is already sounding/looking sweet

10. MXH

MXH Premium

I love the first one and MR2 is certainly also looking like a day one purchase so far.

I just hope that the jobs/contracts have far more variations.

11. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

Yeah, more gameplay variety and RPG-like elements will go a long way with the foundation of the simulation and mechanics. It sounds very promising. :)

MXH and Dairyworker like this.
  12. Gr4ndy

Gr4ndy

doblocruiser, MXH, zargdin and 3 others like this.
  13. zargdin

zargdin

Delighted to hear about this.

I loved the first game. Didn't know crawling through mud at a snail's pace could be so addictive!

Jtheripper, gabrielradu, alp and 4 others like this.
  14. TheNuvolari

TheNuvolari

Maaan that surely looks impressive. I know this and ETS2&ATS isn't really comparable but I surely hope this will give SCS a push. The difference in the visuals is a whole universe.

15. Joey D

Joey D Premium

Michigander here. That's not a thing :lol:

Dairyworker and Gr4ndy like this.
  16. Kitten

Kitten

I just hope this is good... Because they basically ditched the original Spin Tires, and barely supported MudRunner, it was basically a re-polished, original spin tires, with features removed.

ca18detsilvia likes this.
  17. Moglet

Moglet Premium

I don't think its fair to say that the people who ditched SpinTires are now barely supporting MudRunner because they're different studios and publishers. They are 2 separate titles despite sharing content and gameplay.

However SpinTires has gone back into development recently with the original studio working on it again adding things like weather effects.

EDIT: Not long after I posted this they announced the next (free) DLC for MudRunner! Arriving April 30th on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Switch, it contains 2 new trucks and a new map "The Rocky Hills".

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/37742/announcing-free-dlc-old-timers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  18. MXH

MXH Premium

I’m happy to see them still supporting the game.

I’ve recently finished all maps on Casual difficulty and have moved onto Hardcore after dicking around with the Hummer forever :O

Just 4 more of the original maps to go now.

Should keep me busy until the 30th.

19. EngieDiesel

EngieDiesel

Being originally from Da U.P. (eh), I can say there's some moderately hilly and rocky terrain as you get close to Wisconsin, but nothing that would qualify as a mountain. I guess they just saw Iron Mountain on the map and said "oh, hey!" :idea:

That said, there is a vast amount of swampy forestland in that region that is mostly the domain of logging trucks and drunk snowmobilers, so it's still suitable terrain for a game like this.

20. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy Premium

I need to get back into this game.

21. L8 Apex

L8 Apex

I'll be curious to see how close they get to the real Detroit Diesel sound on the GMC. There's a reason they're nicknamed "Screaming Jimmys."

Griffith500 likes this.
  22. alp

alp

These guys are on the right track to make an impressive offroad series.

23. gt_fan

gt_fan Premium

Just tried this on xBox one with a Fanatec CSW 2.5 - no FFB at all. Tried the Gamepass version - not a "worth buying" for me.

My 2 cents.

24. GTguy88

GTguy88

Sweet! Excited to see a Mudrunner 2 in the works! Didn't expect this...

On the other hand...can someone tell me how the hell I can drive the Hummer in the game? Which map is it available on? I've played the latest maps for hours and still cannot drive the Hummer H1.

25. Joey D

Joey D Premium

Do you have the American Wilds expansion?

26. GTguy88

GTguy88

Yes

27. Moglet

Moglet Premium

This is something that other Fanatec users have reported in Mud Runner on Xbox. It's worth trying it with a controller though, it's a very fun game with a controller

28. Populuxe Cowboy

Populuxe Cowboy Premium

I use a controller, and yes, it is a lot of fun.

Jtheripper likes this.
  29. Jtheripper

Jtheripper

I never knew they were making a 2nd game. Did they say if its coming to consoles too? I was so impressed with the 1st one on ps4. Love to mess around trying to get out of a jam using different vehicles and tools. Very immersive even more with a wheel plus a controller.

30. Gr4ndy

Gr4ndy

@Jtheripper Yes, MR2 is coming to pc and consoles. (PS4, XONE, no word on the switch for now)

Jtheripper likes this.