Spintires: Mudrunner/snowrunner

Where is the information about consoles in 2021? I've only seen 2020 as date for epic store, ps4 and xone.

Hmm maybe that's my fault. I thought I'd seen it in the announcement but it isn't there. Keep 2020 for now. Will report back if I find it.

Edit: definitely my error. Confused it with the release of Everspace 2 :dunce: Don't know why I mixed up those 2 :lol:

Hmm maybe that's my fault. I thought I'd seen it in the announcement but it isn't there. Keep 2020 for now. Will report back if I find it.

Edit: definitely my error. Confused it with the release of Everspace 2 :dunce: Don't know why I mixed up those 2 :lol:

I didn't even check the dates when I replied to you :lol: So it's still likely to be current gen in that case.

1569491778882-snowrunner-template-vehicules_1040x584.jpg

This ex-military U.S. truck is a beast offroad, able to face some truly rugged environments thanks to the Stock All-Wheel-Drive. It's even featured in the game's key art!

Every week, we will present another vehicle that you'll find in SnowRunner on launch. Each vehicle has a range of stats that will affect gameplay, but for the time being, we've limited ourselves to presenting those that are least likely to change.

As in the image above, the stats we will present are:

• Model
  • Length
  • Width
  • Fuel Capacity
  • All-Wheel-Drive
  • Differential Lock
  • Role
In SnowRunner, we want to go beyond MudRunner and feature fully modeled interiors, complete with functioning Speedometer, RPM, and simulated Temp. As a true simulation experience, we want you to be immersed in your surroundings and a fully modeled interior is integral to that experience.

" The SnowRunner wilds await you! Explore and overcome vast expanses of nature in Russia and the US. Which area do you look forward to exploring most? "

EFyxAudXYAATeSM.jpg:large

EFyxAueXUAA7FbC.jpg:large

EFyxAugWwAA94vX.jpg:large

EFyxA-4XoAEx-rH.jpg:large

"Flat tires will be a thing in SnowRunner."

Last edited:
My main issue with Mudrunner was the longevity and replayability of the game. I love(d) the game, but there just isn't enough for me to keep going back to it. I hope the new missions, customaztion and vast maps will change that with Snowrunner.

Really looking forward to this regardless.

From Spintires, to Mudrunner, to Spintrucks. :)

I hope there are further refinements to the (relatively-)high-speed physics.
Like having the steering return to center on its on. That is the only real complaint I have about the old game, so frustrating sometimes.

MMX
Like having the steering return to center on its on. That is the only real complaint I have about the old game, so frustrating sometimes.
The way it is now is a good feature for off-roading and logging, but they could implement the option; maybe even just having it come in at higher speeds.

Great isn't it? Perfect game for when you want to play something but cant find anything chilled enough for your mood.

Yes, it is different. Manouvering slowly through difficult terrain. The trucks, the terrain, the maps, the atmosphere is very well done. Caméra and cockpit are a bit an issue but I knew that beforehand. Looks great, plays great and very enjoyable with a controller.

Hello SnowRunners!

October is here, and we’re excited to bring you some insight into the development of SnowRunner, looking at what the team has been up to, and share some brand new screenshots, including a new vehicle presentation!

To celebrate the Fall Season, we’d like to show off some shots of Michigan, one of the three regions that you will explore when SnowRunner launches early next year. Each Region in SnowRunner is huge, spanning multiple maps, each of which is several times larger than the average MudRunner map.

Let’s go on a little journey!

Take a leisurely drive down the picturesque Black River map.

A tranquil town next to a lake waits for supplies.

Bring supplies to the broken bridge to repair it and cross the river.

On top of being much larger, these maps are physically interconnected by tunnels. Exploration is an essential aspect of SnowRunner, so to pass from one map to another, you must drive to the edge of the map and use the gateway that leads to the next. Occasionally these will only unlock after you complete certain missions.

A whole new world!

The map waits to be explored.

A lot of work has gone into map design and how players explore the wilderness in SnowRunner. Each region has its own flavor, music, and overarching backstory, which the player discovers over time as they complete tasks to repair, build, and resupply remote and untamed locations.

In Michigan for example, you will find tranquil border towns enveloped by a fireworks display of autumn leaves, flooded plains and bogs, and rocky mountains full of treacherous paths.

The team has also been working hard on the music of SnowRunner this month. You can expect the familiar, warm and weather-worn strings of blues guitar, but also regionally specific music and instruments that contribute towards making each area feel unique.

The Azov 64-131
Of course, it wouldn’t be a monthly community update without at least one new vehicle presentation, so feast your eyes on the powerful Azov 64-131:

And in case you missed it sliding by, take a look at this sweet slippery GIF with the Don 71:

The season of spook has arrived, and nothing says Halloween like driving through a field of pumpkins.

EINlhz2W4AAcUDz.jpg:large

Damn! I couldn't be more hyped about this game! It's looking like a huge improvement over SpinTires/MudRunner. After spending more than 400 hours in SR&MR, I will definetely spend huge amount of time in SnowRunner. :drool:

Last edited:
Awesome! This all sounds like exactly the sort of direction I was hoping the game would take. :) Really, really looking forward to this now.

I love the idea of linking the maps, that's a very nice addition. The graphics look like they've been improved quite a bit too, especially in the night time screenshots. Very excited for this one.

The "Kolob" seems to be an MZKT (Volat) heavy tractor designed for pull heavy semi-trailers such as tank carriers.

And the "Azov" is apparently the KamAZ.

Why don't they get the licenses for Russian and Belarusian vehicles? I remember that RaceRoom has licensed Ladas (Granta and Vesta WTCC) and the first DiRT had a KamAZ rally raid truck. Dakar 18 also has the license of MAZ, which is a relative to the MZKT.

Why don't they get the licenses for Russian and Belarusian vehicles? I remember that RaceRoom has licensed Ladas (Granta and Vesta WTCC) and the first DiRT had a KamAZ rally raid truck. Dakar 18 also has the license of MAZ, which is a relative to the MZKT.
This is a smaller game with a smaller budget. They've been able to get US licenses, so maybe the US companies are cheaper and/or easier to deal with.

Back