Spintires: Mudrunner/snowrunner

It's still a huge disappointment this is an Epic Store game. What made the original Mudrunner so appealing was how easy Steam made it to mod the game through the workshop. I hope the Epic Store considers something like this sooner rather than later since it would make the platform way more useful.

The new devs' direction for this franchise is totally on the mark. I'm really glad the turmoil following the first game settled out this well. :)

Having re-installed MudRunner after a several-month hiatus and playing it briefly, I was reminded of just how much fun an off-roading game like this one can be. My dream off-reading game would be like MudRunner, but with a greater variety of environments, and a focus on Western four-wheel drives and trucks rather than old Soviet military surplus. It looks like SnowRunner is that game, so I’m very excited for the end of April to roll around!

I just pre-ordered the deluxe edition on Xbox. I have really enjoyed Mudrunner, can't wait to get stuck all over again.

Premium Edition per-ordered yesterday. Seems like a massive improvment over Mudrunner and can’t wait to play it.

Whatever the future might hold for Mud/Snowrunner, I hope they’ll keep expanding on the current foundations.

Will you brave the wilds, driver?

The SnowRunner experience isn’t only about driving iconic vehicles with authentic off-road physics and environments - it’s also to explore the edge of the civilized world, wrestle the elements, and do the jobs no one else will even attempt. It’s exploration and discovery and struggle.

For this reason, the maps of SnowRunner have been improved drastically in terms of variety, size, and detail, with some being four times larger than MudRunner maps. The size of these maps lends itself very well to co-op, and we’re particularly excited to see what you’ll all get up to in these massive playgrounds.

The three regions in SnowRunner are Michigan and Alaska in the U.S., and Taymyr in Russia. While there is a natural progression to provide you with a stable rise in difficulty, you’re free to explore the regions in whatever order you like. Pick any road - or don’t! Whatever you do, you’ll still find easy tasks in the hardest region and difficult tasks in the easiest region.

Split into a cluster of four individual maps per region (except Taymyr, where it’s three), the regions will provide you with a huge swathe of land to cover, and they’re all crafted to feel fresh and distinct from each other. Map design, sounds and music, and overarching backstory all work together to set the tone for each place.

As you make your way through a map, completing jobs and finding upgrades and vehicles in the wild to expand your fleet, you’ll find that some contracts span across more than one map. To travel between them, you must drive to the edge and use the tunnel that leads to the next. Certain paths might require you to complete a related task in order to pass.

What’s on the other side? Only one way to find out!

Michigan
Michigan is where your SnowRunner adventure begins (but as mentioned, you are by no means obliged to complete it before moving on to Alaska and Taymyr). From forested valleys to marshes rich in oil, you’ll be taking on a variety of tasks for the businesses competing for land.

This is America like many don’t know it - vast, wild, and dangerous. Not completely devoid of occupation, you’ll come across quiet motels, silent border towns, and lone run-down shacks. While there is no shortage of mud and rough terrain, you’ll find somewhat more well-maintained roads here than in Alaska and Taymyr.

Alaska
Welcome to The Last Frontier! In MudRunner you experienced mud, rocks, and rivers - in SnowRunner you will experience more. Deep snow, frosty mountain peaks, and iced over lakes and roads. Chain up your tires or risk sliding right off a narrow mountain pass.

While the natural wilderness of Alaska dominates the landscape, you’ll still find the beginnings of human infrastructure here. A dock, truck stop, and even an airport can be found if you look in the right place. The great Alaskan pipeline stretches for miles on end through every map in the region, and you’re here to make sure it gets done.

Taymyr
The most challenging region in SnowRunner, Taymyr lies in the deep north of Russia, where great swamps and forests hold abandoned Soviet era architecture as it’s slowly swallowed into the ground.

As you rediscover the rugged beauty of these remote forests, you’ll be able to take on (among other things) contracts to find oil using a special seismograph module.

The search for oil will take you to places long forgotten.

Don’t hold your breath looking for asphalt roads in Taymyr, as most of them will be dirt or even mud paths, requiring the right vehicle and wheels. Bogs, lakes, and forests make up the majority of Taymyr.

Thank you for reading our Regions Blog! We can’t wait for you all to explore these places, alone or with your friends. A lot of time and effort has gone into making these locations varied, authentic, and fun to traverse. Balancing a sense of both freedom and progression was a challenge which we believe we have risen to.

We’ll see you in the Snow!

This game is sounding a bit like Xenoblade X, but with trucks and physics-based challenges instead of mecha and RPG combat. :D

Hello SnowRunners!

Developed by Saber Interactive, published by Focus Home Interactive, and coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store on April 28, 2020, SnowRunner takes you deep into the North American and Russian wilderness to tackle the ultimate off-roading challenges. In today’s Conquer the Wilderness Trailer, get a glimpse of the rich landscapes you’ll roar into at the wheel of iconic trucks.

SnowRunner is the ultimate off-road driving experience, set across the vastness of Alaska, Michigan, and Taymyr. Between torrential waters, treacherous mud, snowbanks, and frozen lakes, natural challenges are found everywhere across the huge open environments.

Scout the map from watchtowers, plan out your route and customize or upgrade your trucks with new tire types, suspension, equipment, and engines in the garage. Struggle through the lowest muddy terrains to the highest, snow-covered peaks as you work towards a variety of goals. Stay sharp - treacherous grounds mean you’re always just a slip-up away from derailing your mission.

There’s no need to truck alone. Drive solo or with up to three friends and choose how to tackle the wide range of new missions and challenges, from rebuilding infrastructure, to delivering supplies, rescuing vehicles, or clearing new pathways.

Make sure to drop into the SnowRunner Discord and Reddit to hang out with the community and the team!

SnowRunner releases April 28 and will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store. Preorder SnowRunner or SnowRunner – Premium Edition now for exclusive bonuses! bit.ly/BuySnowRunner

Hello SnowRunners!

It's been a huge month for the team, and we're thrilled with the response we've seen from the community to everything we've released so far!

From here on out, the Community Updates will serve as a summary of everything we've posted that month, complete with links to every blog and trailer. Let's get started with the biggest news:

SnowRunner Releases April 28!
And Pre-orders are live, available here: bit.ly/BuySnowRunner
Keep in mind that PS4 has no digital pre-orders. You will be able to get a digital PS4 copy at launch.

Check out our Release Date Reveal Trailer and Conquer The Wilds Trailer:

We also released two shorter videos on the Alaska Region, and on Gameplay Customization:

On top of all the videos, we have some more in-depth blogs on SnowRunner features:

Visual Customization Blog: https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/43905/visual-customization-blog?page=1

Terrain Physics Blog: https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/43997/terrain-physics-blog?page=1

This Xbox Wire Article goes even deeper into vehicle customization:
https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/02/21/snowrunner-announce-xbox-one/

This week, we also started posting two vehicle presentations per week, on Tuesdays and Fridays. Without further ado, let us present the ANK Mk. 38:

A military classic, the Mk.38 is an exceptional vehicle tuned for ultimate off-road performance. It’s a powerhouse of industrial transportation.

We have plenty more coming in March, and are excited to show you new features, vidoes, and content as we get closer and closer to launch! Thank you for all the positivity!

Make sure you swing by the SnowRunner Discord and Reddit to hang out with the community and the team!

Have a good one!

The customization looks really cool. I'm going to bite the bullet and just buy it through the Epic Games store and hope that mods end up on other sites.

Just got back in to this, its good apart from the time of day advancing too fast, always pigging dark, im sure when i had it on pc you can set time of day etc...also is there any way to remove head up display, on ps4..

If mod support is indeed coming to consoles, the cherry on top for me would be if someone actually sees fit to make a 4WD Subaru Leone of some kind...not only WRC Imprezas with hopelessly exaggerated mod physics for players with short attention spans.

Speaking of physics, at 0:10 I think we already have a glimpse of how the higher-speed physics have been overhauled. Between that and the expanded maps with roads and highways, I suppose rally car mods and various cars will be more viable for inclusion. Although I suppose that also assumes the steering algorithm has been adapted to keep up with higher speeds.

I hope its the same camera position :)
I hope there's both for everyone, but I stick with the original camera. :) It is very adept for the needs of this game compared to a conventional exterior camera.

Hello SnowRunners,

Step into the garage and craft yourself a monster!

The vehicle customization in SnowRunner is extensive. We’ve made sure you can tailor your vehicle to your specifications, be it cosmetically or for practical purposes. In this article we’ll give you a run-down of all the ways in which you can customize your vehicle to make sure it’s prepared for the wide range of hazardous environments you’ll traverse - and don’t mind the smell of motor oil and the sound of engines, that’s normal here.

Below you will find a list of all the main parts you can customize on your vehicle that have a gameplay impact, but keep in mind that each vehicle has a different set of available modifications.

Engine
The engine is the heart of your machine, and affects a whole range of stats, including speed, torque, durability, and fuel consumption. But as the saying goes, with great power comes great fuel consumption… sometimes!

Climbing a mountain with a 30-ton truck requires some serious juice and a fairly casual hold on sanity.

Gearbox
Switching out your gearbox can gain you additional control. In some cases, such as when off-roading and driving through mud, having additional low gears can be a big advantage. Your gearbox can also affect your fuel consumption.

Suspension
If you’re heading into uneven, rocky terrain, a raised suspension can do wonders for avoiding damage to your vehicle (and your spine). Some larger wheels require a raised suspension.

You can also just watch your car bounce a bit.

Tires
There’s a tire for every terrain. You can also get the all-terrain wheel, a jack of all trades, and when you head into the snow, make sure to get some chains on those bad boys. Tires affect your vehicle’s traction and handling.

Frame Addons
The type of frame addons that are available depend a lot on your vehicle. Scouts often have support equipment, like spare wheels or a fuel and repair kit. Larger tractors have a whole range of equipment, ranging from flatbeds, fuel tanks, and cranes to more specialized equipment like the Seismic Vibrator Module, which allows you to search for oil.

If you look closely, you can see the suspension shifting between the loads.

Differential Lock and All-Wheel-Drive Capability
While some vehicles have Diff. Lock and AWD on by default, and some can switch it on and off, other vehicles require a trip to the garage to acquire this valuable capability. As you may have seen in our weekly vehicle presentations on social media and here on the forums, Diff. Lock and AWD can either be:

• Always On (it’s on there for good)
  • Switchable
  • Unavailable
  • Or Upgradable (meaning it needs to be installed)
AWD means your vehicle can use all of its wheels (no rocket science there).

Diff. Lock is a little trickier. With Diff. Lock off, you will be able to take turns slightly better, while if it is on, you will have an advantage on uneven terrain.

What Diff. Lock does is force or prevent your wheels from turning at the same speed. If your wheels are forced to turn at the same speed, you’ll be disadvantaged in turns because the outer wheel will naturally want to turn more than the inner wheel (it covers a longer distance). This however also allows more power to go into a single wheel if it is the only one touching ground.

Snorkel
Last but by no means least is the snorkel, which allows you to traverse water without drowning your engine. Keep an eye on the top of that snorkel though, don’t let it dip below the surface!

And there you have it - your guide to turning your favorite vehicle into a beast! Remember that no vehicle is impervious or suited to all terrains and tasks. Depending on your goal, you might want to consider specializing. Do you need more power or fuel efficiency? All-terrain wheels, or off-road? Snorkel, or no snor - actually, always go for the snorkel. The snorkel is awesome.

See you in the snow!

Ooh, 3D suspension modelling -- see the different changes in camber between the two suspension heights, as the vehicle bounces, and between the front and rear axles. :) The rear axle might even be showing itself to be a form of trailing arm...I'm not familiar with the vehicle shown.

Brilliant. 👍 I hope gearchanges can be totally manually controlled now; the stick as it is in MudRunner is fun to use, but I'd prefer more control of all the gears, not just reverse and low-/high-range 1st. The "automatic" is such a POS, spending virtually all its time on unwanted gearchanges, shedding momentum without a care.

Suspension
If you’re heading into uneven, rocky terrain, a raised suspension can do wonders for avoiding damage to your vehicle (and your spine). Some larger wheels require a raised suspension.

I hope that this will make the ''muH LiFtEd tRuCk'' crowd shut up for a while. :lol:

The game's looking great though. April 28 can't come fast enough.

Back