Spintires: Mudrunner/snowrunner

MXH
I hope that this will make the ''muH LiFtEd tRuCk'' crowd shut up for a while. :lol:
I look forward to driving any lifted cars we might get. Scout class is the best class. :)

DSC_0702.jpg

I look forward to driving any lifted cars we might get. Scout class is the best class. :)

View attachment 903029
Don't get me wrong, I absolutley love the inclusion of being able to lift our vehicles.

I'm just hoping that the constant & tiresome comments about them on FB and elsewhere will now stop.

:P

MXH
Don't get me wrong, I absolutley love the inclusion of being able to lift our vehicles.

I'm just hoping that the constant & tiresome comments about them on FB and elsewhere will now stop.

:P
Now I get you. For some reason I thought you were talking about showing up those truck guys with a lifted car, like the trucklet in the GIF. :dunce:

Clearance and tires (and four-wheel thrust) are all you really need. :)

New game looks good, but i wont be getting it if its has the same annoying things as the one i have now on ps4pro

*Time advances too fast, always pigging dark.....grrrr why cant we just choose a time of day...

*Cannot remove HUD

Edit***Found how to use wheel and pedals, pretty good like that...

Last edited:
New game looks good, but i wont be getting it if its has the same annoying things as the one i have now on ps4pro

*Time advances too fast, always pigging dark.....grrrr why cant we just choose a time of day...

*Cannot remove HUD

Edit***Found how to use wheel and pedals, pretty good like that...
Those two things really annoy me too, also the camera is a pain in the arse.

That's an ambitiously rocky Michigan, but still I suppose I could see it tucked away somewhere in the Upper Peninsula. Based on the gas station's name, my guess would be it's somewhere around Ontonagon which is near the Firesteel River.

That's an ambitiously rocky Michigan, but still I suppose I could see it tucked away somewhere in the Upper Peninsula. Based on the gas station's name, my guess would be it's somewhere around Ontonagon which is near the Firesteel River.

Maybe they're insinuating the Houghton and Hancock area... motel in the video is named Holtlen.

Hello SnowRunners!

We're here to give you a glimpse into the future of SnowRunner in our Season Pass Trailer. SnowRunner will continue to grow after launch through its massive Season Pass, which adds new maps, features, vehicles, mission types, and more. Watch the Season Pass & Premium Edition Trailer to get a complete overview of what Season Pass and Premium Edition owners can look forward to.

Four phases of content
The Season Pass content will be delivered in four phases, each with its own theme and new region: Search and Recover; Explore and Expand; Locate and Deliver; with a massive Expansion as the fourth phase. With each step, players will receive brand new vehicles and be able to explore vast new regions, including the great white north of Canada, a beautiful new location for the franchise. New regions set in Russia and Wisconsin will also arrive for players to explore alone or with friends.
Even those without the Season Pass will receive new content for free, including new activities, more extreme cargo, skins, trials, and more.

New ways to play
The post-launch plan for SnowRunner goes beyond adding more maps, vehicles, and content. Modding support will continue to be refined and expanded, and new types of missions and activities will take players on new kinds of off-roading adventures, such as the hunt for the lost wreckage of a World War II bomber.
Stay tuned, as SnowRunner will continue to improve with new and wild locations, iconic vehicles and brands, and exciting adventures.

SnowRunner launches April 28 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store. The Season Pass is available as part of the Premium Edition, featuring new vehicles, maps, activities, and much more over several phases in the months following release. Pre-orders and their exclusive bonuses are available via the official store.

I'm a little sad that Snowrunner's an Epic Game Store exclusive. And now I'm trying to decide if I want it on PC or Console.

You'll still be able to mod it on the PC, it just won't be as easy as it would be on Steam thanks to its Workshop feature. If you just want to play the base game, I'd say go with a console, but if you want to mod it, you'll just need to bite the bullet and get it on the Epic Store. I have a strong dislike of the Epic Store because it feels half-assed, but I still do have it installed on my computer because I like free games. I'll probably breakdown and just buy it because I'd rather play it through a launcher I dislike than wait a year or whatever to play it on Steam.

So does anyone know if this is ever coming to Steam? if this is an epic exclusive ill buy on console, but if it comes to steam in 6 months or a year like Borderlands 3, Ill happily wait and get the deluxe for half off, the same way i did for BL3

Get behind the wheel, SnowRunners, there’s work to be done!

Today we are talking about visual improvements in SnowRunner! During the course of development the team has updated practically every visual aspect of the game.

Our first goal was to make the terrain in SnowRunner bigger and better. First of all we increased the maximum area of the map to 2x2 kilometers, which were limited to 1x1 in MR maps, while also improving terrain mesh resolution. We also dramatically increased view distance and added farplane objects to improve the map’s sense of size.

But we still saw a lot of room for improvement - we increased the number of terrain texture layers from 2 to 4 and added a special snow layer where we blended 4 additional normal maps to create a great looking snow surface. A new special snow shader helped to improve the overall look of the snow surface, complementing the improvements and additions to the physics engine in order to provide the best possible feeling when driving through snow.

One of the biggest visual improvements in SnowRunner came with the introduction of Physically Based Rendering. All the assets in the game were created using PBR materials, so all material shaders were reimplemented and lighting ranges were adjusted to work well within the PBR model. Also correct HDR effect with filmic tonemapping and modern bloom was added to work well with the extended lighting ranges and PBR materials.

As you probably remember from the previous game, only vehicles had dynamic shadows, while all other objects were using lightmap based shadows. In SnowRunner we introduced shadowmap shadows for all objects around the camera.

Having proper anti-aliasing is considered the de facto standard for every AAA game nowadays. Previously, the franchise has featured the fast approximate anti-aliasing (FXAA) filter, which, being a post-processing effect, is unable to remove shimmering in motion that is especially noticeable on foliage. We implemented temporal anti-aliasing (TAA) to make sure players can enjoy smooth and stable images without jagged edges. To combat blurring which is inherent to all TAA algorithms, we added Contrast Adaptive Sharpening from AMD’s FidelityFX package. For gamers with powerful PCs who prefer raw, sharp visuals, multisample anti-aliasing (MSAA) was also implemented. FXAA is still available and can now be used in combination with TAA or MSAA.

In the first game - atmospheric effects played a big role in setting the proper mood in the game. Recognizing the importance of weather in the game, we implemented a new weather system, improved skyboxes, added clouds and light shafts, improved rain effects, and added snow as well.

In order to support large levels with dense vegetation we updated our vegetation rendering system, updated Level of Detail (LOD) for trees and grass, and introduced advanced billboards that look indistinguishable from real trees at a very close distance. We redid all the vegetation assets in the game to take advantage of the new shading and vegetation rendering system.

There were also a few technical changes done for consoles and PC. We implemented texture streaming to support high resolution textures (up to 4k). On consoles, we added a dynamic resolution scale algorithm to balance GPU load with render resolution.

We hope you’ve found this deep dive into the engine of SnowRunner interesting, and enjoy all the improvements we’ve brought to it when you play the game! We’ll see you soon in the wilderness on April 28!

Im waiting to see if you can totally remove the hud etc this time....and stop the time cycling before getting this one...

Got the game on preorder and played it a bit last night. Don't know about the hud query. There is a time cycle alright but this can be advanced. I found this very handy as I quite quickly got stuck in the mud in the dark, and was able to advance to daylight with a touch of the button.

Other first impressions: same basic gameplay as previous version (which is good) but with a lot more intricate tasks. Graphics improved - much better colour. Previous game was a bit grey. Vehicles as good as previous. The first truck I got was a rear-wheeled drive flatbed, which was a nightmare to drive and a joy at the same time.

Back