Spintires: Mudrunner/snowrunner

Too bad I missed out on this :(

Physical copies of the game are relatively cheap on UK Amazon. £21.99 for the console versions and £18.39 for the PC. Not sure what that is in euros...
I'd imagine there's even cheaper prices to be had on other sites.

Physical copies of the game are relatively cheap on UK Amazon. £21.99 for the console versions and £18.39 for the PC. Not sure what that is in euros...
I'd imagine there's even cheaper prices to be had on other sites.
Since Amazon UK stopped free shipping to Belgium, it’s not cheaper anymore than other stores unfortunately. This one would translate to about €35 including shipping, which is the same as some of our local webshops.

I just got this for a break from GTS. My God, it's slow going! I'm quite enjoying it and I knew it would need patience, but didn't think it would be quite like this.

Spent the best part of an hour dragging some logs half way across the map, including towing it through a marsh with another truck, then managed to roll it and lose the load about 200m from the lumber yard! Will be picking a better route next time :)

Are the other maps after The Bog any less sticky?!

I folded and went with the PSN version after buying a discounted wallet top up.
So far, a mix of really fun challenges and "throws controller at tv" type of frustrations :D

It depends on the trail and where you place your wheels. Some trails are plenty solid, and you'll generally have less trouble on fresh ground compared to a thoroughfare that's already torn up and muddy (but then you're liable to tear up your new path too!).

Care and strategy take you further than impatience and a lead foot, certainly. :)

I just got this for a break from GTS. My God, it's slow going! I'm quite enjoying it and I knew it would need patience, but didn't think it would be quite like this.

Spent the best part of an hour dragging some logs half way across the map, including towing it through a marsh with another truck, then managed to roll it and lose the load about 200m from the lumber yard! Will be picking a better route next time :)

There are some maps with paved roads but with checkpoints on them, that won't let you through if you're carrying logs. So you'll have to detour by an off-road route to get past them.

P.S. Looks like you play as an illegal lumber. :D

Specs say it has native triple screens. Anyone played it on triples and what kind of frame rates did you get with which card?

Care and strategy take you further than impatience and a lead foot, certainly. :)
Indeed. I discovered that the 8x8 beast is pretty much unstoppable with a crawler gear and a gentle throttle. Hard to thread it between tight trees though!

Nice to approach it the way you would approach a city building game, more than a traditional driving game: set up another garage with a better location, take a fuel truck to a point on the supply route, find the path with the least damage risk. It's quite addictive.

Satisfying managing to get your stricken truck out of a fast flowing river without resorting to a rescue too!

There are some maps with paved roads but with checkpoints on them, that won't let you through if you're carrying logs.
If you're hauling another vehicle with logs, then it lets you go through but the cargo magically disappears as soon as you cross the line. I learnt it the hard way when hauling a B130 with the E7310 for the "Old still Good" trophy. Arrived at the mill and saw no B130 (and no trailer) behind me :lol:

You can, however, take another truck with a crane, pick and throw the logs across the blockpost, load them again and then pack everything.

Decided to finally buy this game considering it's on sale on Xbox. What really strikes me right off the bat is just how small the game is. Only a gigabyte. Surely is a far cry from some other games I have downloaded that are nearly 70 GB (Doom 2016 springs to mind instantly)

Also cannot back up a trailer to save my life. Strange too considering my dad is a truck driver in reality. :lol:

The trailers act wonky in the game for some reason. I can back up a trailer all day in real life, but in the game they over correct way too easy. Maybe it's just how the Soviet stuff was though.

Been awhile since I've done anything in the game other than just explore but I can't recall having too many issues backing trailers up. I do know some of them have tongues and front wheels that pivot so those are quite difficult if not impossible to back up. Also irl I've never backed a trailer that was attached with a 5th wheel so could that cause them to turn or over correct quicker? Are you guys using wheels or controllers? I can see how some difficulty may be added using a controller just because of the way the steering works and how it doesn't auto-center or turn as quickly as one might expect it to. Anyway, I would often just use the winch anytime I had issues backing trailers so it might be worth a try for those who haven't.

Decided to finally buy this game considering it's on sale on Xbox. What really strikes me right off the bat is just how small the game is. Only a gigabyte. Surely is a far cry from some other games I have downloaded that are nearly 70 GB (Doom 2016 springs to mind instantly)
Yeah, the maps are all actually pretty small, but you travel across them reeeeaalllyy sllloooowwwwwlly!

Yeah, the maps are all actually pretty small, but you travel across them reeeeaalllyy sllloooowwwwwlly!

It's not only that the maps are small; they use a lot of the same assets repeatedly meaning there isn't much disk space needed overall. It's a stunning game visually when you consider the small size!

It's not only that the maps are small; they use a lot of the same assets repeatedly meaning there isn't much disk space needed overall. It's a stunning game visually when you consider the small size!
It is, and I quite like the low-saturation, washed out visuals. Really suits the muddy, exposed-to-the-elements feel of the game. The models look good for it, and there are only a few times the low polygon count has jarred. The interior view is pretty woeful though!

First day of "What's next" is over: Focus Home showcased a few games but no Mudrunner, which should take the spotlight tomorrow.

It is, and I quite like the low-saturation, washed out visuals. Really suits the muddy, exposed-to-the-elements feel of the game. The models look good for it, and there are only a few times the low polygon count has jarred. The interior view is pretty woeful though!
Me too. I also think the lighting engine can do its job pretty well; the look of the dawning sun through the fog is gorgeous.

I'm certainly not bagging on the game for being small, I'm just absolutely amazed at a game of Spintires' size being only a gigabyte. I haven't played many indie games, but I'm certainly betting some of the bigger in scope and size ones probably don't clock in at little over a gigabyte.

I did manage to put some time into the game last night and it's definitely one of the most perfect podcast games I've played since the Far Cry games. It's really easy to slip away and waste a few hours, and it certainly helps that the game often presents you with a problem (trying to brute force up a hill or incline, getting bogged down in a river, etc) and trying to solve it best you can.

I still did wish that the game had mod support on Xbox One at least, because it would certainly benefit from it. Hopefully, this bandied about Spintires USA with real vehicles comes to fruition, because that's what I truly want out of Spintires, but the game currently definitely is a fantastic title.

Fake edit: Does anyone else here play on Xbox? I know @Populuxe Cowboy does, but aside from that, I'd love to see what can happen multiplayer wise.

Hopefully someone leaks the info before the articles come out next week. It's kind of lame they talked about all the stuff today, but need to wait till next week to actually release it

It's been a long time since I've lost hours to a game without noticing, but that's exactly what happened! Was still playing at 10pm when I had to get up at 430am the next day, and couldn't wait for work to finish so I could get back to it. Brilliantly addictive.

Hopefully, this bandied about Spintires USA with real vehicles comes to fruition, because that's what I truly want out of Spintires
Actually, there are real vehicles already. They are just visually modified to avoid licensing (e.g. "C-4320" is Ural 4320 with front grill of ZiL 131). However, some ones look just like real, just the badges are removed. Like the "C-375" (Ural 375D in real life).

ural_375_1.jpg

Or the "A-968M" (ZAZ 968M):
ZAZ 968M? That's something new.

View attachment 673080
zaz968-1.jpg

It's been a long time since I've lost hours to a game without noticing, but that's exactly what happened! Was still playing at 10pm when I had to get up at 430am the next day, and couldn't wait for work to finish so I could get back to it. Brilliantly addictive.

I keep doing the same. "I'll just take this one last load across the map and move the fuel to where I need it." Two hours later...

The Valley DLC will be released on February 13 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One (Announcement and A969 Presentation)

1518188594159-mudrunner_cards_1024x512.png

This is good news. I've got two more maps left to play so good to know more are coming.

Does anyone else here play on Xbox? I know @Populuxe Cowboy does, but aside from that, I'd love to see what can happen multiplayer wise.
I've not yet tried multiplayer, but would like to give it a go. I'm on PS4 though; F41-UK if anybody wants to give it a go.

I'm certainly not bagging on the game for being small, I'm just absolutely amazed at a game of Spintires' size being only a gigabyte. I haven't played many indie games, but I'm certainly betting some of the bigger in scope and size ones probably don't clock in at little over a gigabyte.
It's certainly efficient with its use of space. I imagine that would just be a couple of cars in GTS! It'll be interesting to see how big the USA expansion comes in and whether that has more variety in assets and terrain than the original. Their interview suggested that the success of the title so far was allowing them the resources to push a bit more.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back