Spintires: Mudrunner/snowrunner

Do the challenges first as they teach you handy things that you can use in the single player mode. I jumped straight into single player and struggled a bit to begin with.

And another thing: be prepared to lose a lot of time playing this game!
Thanks. I jumped straight into single player and didnt really know what i was meant to be doing. Then jumped into multiplayer because i had no clue the game had one so thought i would checked it out. Then i tried challenges and realised thats what i need to be doing. Oh and yea, i've been losing a lot of time.
This. Mudrunner isn't a game that likes to be rushed! Slow and steady is usually the best way to make progress; better to crawl through the mud with steady throttle in 1st than to nail it and then have to bring a second truck to tow you out.

Also, the map is invaluable on levels with water. You can use it to plot routes across easily using the red depth markers as a guide.
Yea after a while a while i discovered its better to crawl. In one of the challenges i had to load logs, had no idea what was going on then realised i had to load the logs long ways lol. Also the hill climb challenge is bloody hard, the one you have to do in cockpit view. I just keep flipping it, every single time.

This game is immensely enjoyable. Done a few challenges so far and completed Bog on casual mode. Such pleasure to be taken in completing tasks.
Completely agree. For me it is not just completing the challenges that is enjoyable, but watching the way the trucks move over terrain etc. Really impressed with the game.

I downloaded the Valley DLC having not played this since launch and I found the camera to be much better, with none of the dollying to alter the rotation axis. It worked just like a normal racing game camera.

Definitely a change for the better.

Five of the Spintires vehicles in my 1:43 scale model collection.
Can you name them all? ;)
JbuzhVf2kc4.jpg

A general question: can you add game balance stars so that you can use massive trucks on easy levels? For example I would like to use one of the E series trucks on Crossing or Downhill, but they are 4 star levels and truck is 5. Any thoughts?
Ps4 player

New update. PC players can load community-made maps through Steam Workshop now.
A general question: can you add game balance stars so that you can use massive trucks on easy levels? For example I would like to use one of the E series trucks on Crossing or Downhill, but they are 4 star levels and truck is 5. Any thoughts?
Ps4 player
I thought you can do it but the achievements won't count? But I'm not sure, I'll try it.

Tim - He is a small red boy!
Ivor the depressed 4x4 :(
Sandra the rugged yellow midget
Bruno (he is a big green mean man)
Chantal with the tiny eyes who always wears white but nobody knows why
:sly: I mean identify the models.
And there are some more to join my collection later...
13539.900x0.JPG

11089.900x0.jpg

7799.900x0.jpg

10677.900x0.jpg

20398.900x0.jpg
8729.900x0.jpg
13899.900x0.jpg

Last edited:
New update. PC players can load community-made maps through Steam Workshop now.

This is great news, I loved the few community made maps I got to play in the original game but they could be a pain to get working sometimes.

Got back into Mudrunner, playing with mods again.

Land Rover Series III
by RageRacer48, on Flickr

Land Rover Series III

Lada Niva

Lada Niva

1958 UAZ 450V, a vintage 4x4 minivan. Surprisingly good to rove through the mud, but easy to roll over because of the high mass center. Can carry garage parts.

UAZ 450V

UAZ 450V

...on a community-made map named Siberia.

UAZ 450V

Same map, new truck - Ural 4320 (YaMZ-238 engine).

Ural 4320 late

I looove this cockpit...

Ural 4320 late

I like this game very much but for me it’s lacking in vehicle mods. Seeing all these mods on here kinda ruins it, as I and a few others are missing out on stuff we want to try out. I just wish they’d open it up a bit more for us console players. Not all of us can afford a PC!
I’ve done all the maps including the DLC ones. But to be honest it doesn’t get played much at all these days only when something new comes along (even then it only takes a couple of hours to do the new map)
If you want to keep it interesting let us PS4 & Xbox players have the mods otherwise it’ll just be waste of a game. I honestly don’t see the issue why we can’t

I like this game very much but for me it’s lacking in vehicle mods. Seeing all these mods on here kinda ruins it, as I and a few others are missing out on stuff we want to try out. I just wish they’d open it up a bit more for us console players. Not all of us can afford a PC!
I’ve done all the maps including the DLC ones. But to be honest it doesn’t get played much at all these days only when something new comes along (even then it only takes a couple of hours to do the new map)
If you want to keep it interesting let us PS4 & Xbox players have the mods otherwise it’ll just be waste of a game. I honestly don’t see the issue why we can’t

It is waaaay more difficult to implement mods on consoles, mainly due to each platform holder having their own set of standards that developers must adhere to. Mods open these up to a wider audience and they can't guarantee the quality control on them. There have been mods on console before but it never works well without having a fully open market.

It is waaaay more difficult to implement mods on consoles, mainly due to each platform holder having their own set of standards that developers must adhere to. Mods open these up to a wider audience and they can't guarantee the quality control on them. There have been mods on console before but it never works well without having a fully open market.

TBH Mods works for Farming Simulator ok so we had to wait a bit before then, but surely with these console nowadays surely it’s possible.

I’ve noticed some of the trucks in this game have jerry cans, wouldn’t it be fitting if they could be used instead of just for show/display.

I’ve noticed some of the trucks in this game have jerry cans, wouldn’t it be fitting if they could be used instead of just for show/display.
The UAZ cars (A-469 and A-3151) have roof addons that allow to carry fuel in the jerry cans on the roof.

Most mod makers also make the jerry cans as addons and they work (can carry fuel for your own or other vehicles).
Like on these two, Land Rover and ZiL 157.

Land Rover Series III & ZiL 157

The UAZ cars (A-469 and A-3151) have roof addons that allow to carry fuel in the jerry cans on the roof.

Most mod makers also make the jerry cans as addons and they work (can carry fuel for your own or other vehicles).
Like on these two, Land Rover and ZiL 157.

Land Rover Series III & ZiL 157

I know the two little 4x4’s have jerrycans on them I fully aware of them! Just saying that there are some “Trucks” have jerrycans on them!

The July Community update is live, containing a bit information on the upcoming US based DLC "American Wilds": https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/26557/spintires-mudrunner-july-community-update

Hello everybody!

Yes, it's that time again - time for the monthly community update, where we let you know what's going on in Spintires: MudRunner behind the scenes.

Firstly, let's start with a thank you! Spintires: MudRunner has sold over one million copies, and we're incredibly thankful to the community for helping us get to that breathtaking number. We wouldn't have gotten there without you!

Now, on to the meat and bones of this update.

In last months update, we told you about some of our favourite mods that we'd played in the office. This month, we'd like to tell you about the MudRunner USA expansion that we've been teasing for a little while.

So, to start - the name. MudRunner USA will actually be called American Wilds, and will be an expansion pack for Spintires: MudRunner, and will be coming to PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch, at a to-be-announced date this fall.

American Wilds will come with many features that you have been asking for, including two new sandbox maps and licensed vehicles. We're not ready to announce what those vehicles are at this time, however, but we very much look forwards to introducing them to you!

Pricing wise, American Wilds will be available in two forms - you'll be able to buy it individually as an expansion pack, or as a full package with the original Spintires: MudRunner, in the Spintires: MudRunner - American Wilds edition. There will be more information about the pricing of this closer to release.

We don't have screenshots to show you of American Wilds at the moment, due to the fact that vehicles are still being worked on. Once we do have them, we'll show them to you here. We thank you for your patience with us on this.

Many thanks, and we look forwards to showing you more about American Wilds as time goes on!

"many features that you have been asking for", could this mean that console mods will be a thing now?

"many features that you have been asking for", could this mean that console mods will be a thing now?

That would be cool! Although supporting mods to the same level as on PC will never happen, sadly. :(

If downloadable maps are allowed on the Switch version but never for the PS4 version, that would be a decent reason for me to buy the game again on the Switch.

I really hope the American maps aren't just Alaska or something really similar to Siberia. Something in the Southwest would be cool with all the red rock and maybe something down south in the swamps of Florida.

I really hope the American maps aren't just Alaska or something really similar to Siberia.

Call me a cynic but this is exactly what i'm expecting from this dlc. Pacific Northwest/Alaska type maps with very similar terrain and features as the originals. Let's hope they conjure up something a little more diverse.

Is there a way of increasing the star allowance? I would like to try the E-7429 on downhill but it's a five star truck on a four star map. Any help would be appreciated. (I'm on PS4)

Latest Posts

Back