Sport Mode Matching in own region only

Australia
Australia
Hi everyone,
I'm new here so sorry if this has been addressed before, but in the car matching in the daily races in Sport Mode, I only seem to get racers from my region. I am from Australia, and I seem to only get racers from roughly my time zone, i.e. Japan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, South Korea, New Zealand, etc. Is there a reason I'm not getting any European or American racers? I know time zones are different, but there still should be some crossover.

I believe it is working as intended?
^ What he said.

The Sport mode depends on your ISP or even your PSN region as far as i believe. In order to make the online race more smoother and stable, they have to make you race against those who aren't that far away. Same goes to any other online games. If you want to race against people from outside the Areas you mentioned then i believe you have to use the Open lobbies instead.

Americans Matchmaking
upload_2017-10-22_4-10-50.png

European Matchmaking
upload_2017-10-22_4-11-28.png

Note: I was playing on the PS4 at the same location but with two different PSN Accounts.

Ah ok that makes sense. This will cause issues for the FIA championships though, won't it? Or are they region based also?

I have to imagine it would all be region based just because of the lag. It'd be impossible to have clean races with car jumping all over the road.

Back