Sport Truck Race

• Thread starter wc420pro
  • 67 comments
Here are the laptimes needed to win, catch the rabbits:

Daytona 59.0 - buy the custom trans and set for 170 or higher mph
Deep Forest 1: 31.2
Laguna Seca 1 :42.6
Eiger 1 :15.6
Liege 1 :22.1 - the French like pickup truck racing? Is this a GT6 track?

SSR, Ford, Tacoma all about the same, Dodge 4wd better in the dirt, thanks all for that tip. Not the most thrilling Seaonal.

Before I took off weight (3rd stage reduction) for the dirt track I tried restarting a few times to see if there was a slower bunny however the Tacoma always came up on pole, sometimes 1, 2 or 3 of them in order.

Sure. I can't claim this as my own. I can't remember where I got the tune from. I haven't used the car for ages and this is how it was set up. It could be one of Praiano's as that's where I usually go when I'm in need of a good tune.

Ride Height -36 -23
Spring Rate 8.4 13.8
Ext 7 7
Comp 4 4
ARB 2 5
Camber 3.0 1.0
Toe -0.12 - 0.05

LSD
12 17
21 28
5 5

Torque splitter 40/60

Transmission
1st 3.416
2nd 2.491
3rd 1.914
4th 1.537
5th 1.289
6th 0.956
Final 3.5

Parts added
ECU
Engine tuning - Stage1
Sports intake manifold
Racing filter
Sports exhaust manifold
Sports cat
Titanium racing exhaust
Supercharger
Twin plate clutch
Racing flywheel
Carbon prop shaft
LSD
Torque splitter

Ballast 200kg -50
Power 100%

543HP
468PP

I adjusted the top speed and brake balance to suit the track. BB 5/5 except for the Eiger where I biased it towards the rear, 5/7 I think. Good luck.

Thanks for the valuable setup.

With due respect to your setup, I could add 1 or 2 things that could help even further.

Your suspension, LSD & Gear ratios were a big help. As per the parts fitted, I just added Twin plate clutch, Racing flywheel, Carbon prop shaft, LSD, Torque splitter, ECU & Sports exhaust manifold. Didn't install any ballast, Racing filter, Sports intake manifold, Sports cat, Titanium racing exhaust & Supercharger.

The transmission I set as per your numbers, except 1 thing. When I kept the maximum speed at 220 km/, as per your transmission dials, I wasn't able to pass the Tacomas when reaching upto them in the final lap.

I made 2 IMPORTANT changes.

I set the maximum speed to 210 for better acceleration & instead of keeping the torque differential at 40-60, I changed it to 50-50. (50-50 was the best addition for TT 72 as well). The result was much better acceleration & grip through the corners. I was able to constantly put in fast laps at 1:32, 1:30.9, 1:29:8, 1:29:2 & 1:28.9.

My adjusted gear ratios were:-
1st 4.091
2nd 2.929
3rd 2.218
4th 1.754
5th 1.449
6th 1.249
Final 3.5
Max Speed 210
The reason why I didn't add any racing exhaust or filter was to keep the PP as low as possible. My PP is 418 only. Doing so to earn maximum due to the Performance gain advantage.

I won 1.5 million Cr & 150466 xp.

This is just a feedback for the Deep Forest.

Last edited:
Thanks for the valuable setup.

With due respect to your setup, I could add 1 or 2 things that could help even further.

Your suspension, LSD & Gear ratios were a big help. As per the parts fitted, I just added Twin plate clutch, Racing flywheel, Carbon prop shaft, LSD, Torque splitter, ECU & Sports exhaust manifold. Didn't install any ballast, Racing filter, Sports intake manifold, Sports cat, Titanium racing exhaust & Supercharger.

The transmission I set as per your numbers, except 1 thing. When I kept the maximum speed at 220 km/, as per your transmission dials, I wasn't able to pass the Tacomas when reaching upto them in the final lap.

I made 2 IMPORTANT changes.

I set the maximum speed to 210 for better acceleration & instead of keeping the torque differential at 40-60, I changed it to 50-50. (50-50 was the best addition for TT 72 as well). The result was much better acceleration & grip through the corners. I was able to constantly put in fast laps at 1:32, 1:30.9, 1:29:8, 1:29:2 & 1:28.9.

My adjusted gear rations were:-
1st 4.091
2nd 2.929
3rd 2.218
4th 1.754
5th 1.449
6th 1.249
Final 3.5
Max Speed 210
The reason why I didn't add any racing exhaust or filter was to keep the PP as low as possible. My PP is 418 only. Doing so to earn maximum due to the Performance gain advantage.

I won 1.5 million Cr & 150466 xp.

This is just a feedback for the Deep Forest.

Glad the set-up helped and thanks for the feedback. I'm not surprised the 50/50 torque split was better with no ballast. Even with 200kg on the back this thing is still front heavy so 50/50 may be better with the ballast too. It was set to 25/75 when I started out and I did the first 4 races like that. It was only when I got to Liege and looked at the settings that I changed it to 40/60, which was definitely an improvement and enough to win so I left it at that.

The Dodge is a 4WD, not sure if you knew that or not.
For anyone else, use the Laramie with Prianano's tune, the only truck he has a tune for, set your transfer at 50/50 and stay off the brakes except to feather them a bit. Full acceleration on straights only, much milder on the turns. I didn't drift at all and passed the leader on the second lap near the final straight. He pulls back after that. Laps around 1:19 or 1:20 will win it.
The Tacoma wins the rest, no tune needed, no tranny settings either. I will put both on share if anyone wants to use them. The Tacoma handles beautifully stock, except for the non-PP additions, of course. PN name is the same as here.

Hi Phaeton. What did you add to your Tacoma to get to 470pp.

Thank you sir!

Last edited:
I can't even come close on the dirt track with the Ram or Tacoma. Can anyone give me some pointers ie driving settings and/or just general strategy. I was lucky to take to not finish in dead last place:-)

Thanks in advance!

I can't even come close on the dirt track with the Ram or Tacoma. Can anyone give me some pointers ie driving settings and/or just general strategy. I was lucky to take to not finish in dead last place:-)

Thanks in advance!

This is a tough race to win. I did it in the Tacoma at 470 PP. I geared it pretty low, can not remember top speed. I also won not going below 3rd gear, and not too much acceleration until truck was pointing straight. I found going down to 2nd and accelerating out of the turns ususally ended up with me pointing the wrong way. I think it took me 6 races to win. It will take a few races as the visibility is non existent until you get up to 3rd place, so knowing the track will help. I used all upgrades except weight reductions and engine modifications. I added about 40 kg in weight, then slightly dialed back the power. I did not adjust LSD or Suspension. Others are using the 4 WD truck, and they have written about their setups earlier in thread.

Thanks in advance!

I used the Dodge RAM, 6 speeds gear box, sport chocks, boosted to get 470 PP.

Get the front/rear differential to 50-50. I always use TCS OFF for 4x4 cars, they like spinning.

I was able to keep full throttle on wide turns, releasing throttle a little helps a lot to bring weight on the front when you're wide on a turn. ASM OFF obviously, it's damn slow on dirt. Don't worry if you're a little sideways, just keep steering to the direction you want to go and the truck will eventually respond (keep full throttle whenever possible).

Start your turn very early, because the truck responds very slowly to steering. This is most useful on fast wide turns.

I won at my second attempt, while I had much more difficulties on Eiger. I'm not that good at this game, ranking 20,000 - 25,000 on time challenge seasonals. Living in Canada and having practice driving a real car on snow/ice may help a little ;-)

Good luck,

Yves

Dodge Ram in the dirt.

405PP ..271hp ..1816kg.

$1,949,899 xp188699 ..BL 1:22.0, using mostly Stirling Moose/Uday settings

Dodge Ram in the dirt.

405PP ..271hp ..1816kg.

$1,949,899 xp188699 ..BL 1:22.0, using mostly Stirling Moose/Uday settings

Dalone, I'm no expert but when racing on a track & making changes up & down, the difference is instantly realised.

Appreciate your appreciation & words.

Dalone, I'm no expert but when racing on a track & making changes up & down, the difference is instantly realised.

Appreciate your appreciation & words.

All good Uday.

400PP ..259hp ..1816kg.

$2,052,200 ..xp198600 ..total time 4:07.7. (was that (4077) MASH platoon # or field hospital #?)

edit...$2,154,500 ..395PP ..259hp ..1932kg ..total time 4:09.523.

Last edited:
@promptus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polsixe
Liege 1 :22.1 - the French like pickup truck racing?
Liège is - as far as I know - located in Belgium...

Perhaps, but the part of Belgium where they speak Francais?

greetings all, newbie to the forum here, so g'day. Truck races are super cool, very enjoyable. First three are very easy, but I have to say , it took me a while on the eiger. Must have been second by 1-2 secs maybe 50 times, but eventually got the ballast right. Found the Liege gravel track a real blast. Did it in the dodge, won it on second try, then had another go and over took the leader at the end of second lap. Most laps 1-20 which gives you a comfortable win. A good trick on the gravel is to keep off the brake as much as possible and use deft throttle control, stops you spinning out. Look forward to seeing you all on line, cheers croozer

@croozer_63. Yes Eiger was tough, I found the extra second needed by tweaking the rear end ratio and adding more and more camber, need more oomph out of corners and to get around the four hairpins with the Toyota.

I won fairly easily the first four tracks using the Dodge Ram, but struggled on Liege, could not get closer than 10 seconds from the lead car. Then I followed Phaeton One’s advice of setting the ABS to off, and suddenly in my first attempt, I won easily on Liege, so thank you Phaeton one for that advise.

All good Uday.

400PP ..259hp ..1816kg.

$2,052,200 ..xp198600 ..total time 4:07.7. (was that (4077) MASH platoon # or field hospital #?)

edit...$2,154,500 ..395PP ..259hp ..1932kg ..total time 4:09.523.

Great PP ! I cant even get close :cheers:

It's unreal how much easier the dirt race is with the Ram than the X-Runner... I was gaining basically no time or sometimes losing time per lap in the X-Runner, then switched to the Ram and beat it the first time no problem, even though I set the transmission max speed too low.

I ran the X-Runner and won the first 4. Liege was a bit trickier, but after reading the posts here I removed ABS completely and won it the first try after that. For fun, I ran the Diatsu Midget, fully tricked out and rocking 111 HP. While I did come in last, my gap was still 15 seconds so they didn't pull away from me either!!!

Fantastic feedback guys! Smashed first 4 races with the Ram but hit the wall with Liege. Thanks to Moss, Uday and yvesf. Nuff respect!

Two questions:
1 - What truck do I use to win Eiger Nordwand Short Course, and tune up if needed
2 - Same question but for Liege (Gravel) 310A

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I ran the X-Runner and won the first 4. Liege was a bit trickier, but after reading the posts here I removed ABS completely and won it the first try after that. For fun, I ran the Diatsu Midget, fully tricked out and rocking 111 HP. While I did come in last, my gap was still 15 seconds so they didn't pull away from me either!!!
If you want a clue on how the game is setup ie "rabbits", do a replay and select the leader to ride with and rewind to the start. (It was an eye opener for me! LOL) The car is often geared way too hi with the AI hitting the limiter quite early in the faster sections. You are actually racing against AI's leisurely riding around vs what you have to do to overtake them. While we call them "rabbits" they are indeed "turtles" spotted a huge lead on lap 1.

No one to help?!
I got through it with the "Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Hemi Quad Cab '04" as I recall. Liege (Gravel) 310A did take a bit to master though. I'll need to look up the tune when next in the game.

Here is the tune I used

Attachments

• IMG_20131126_010100.jpg
    IMG_20131126_010100.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 17
Back