Sprint Cup Asia 2019/2020 - Gr.3 Series. Season Finished.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 698 comments

So everyone. As stated I can't host Round 4 @ Suzuka (06/12/19) as stated in the thread.

• Keep race on 06/12/19 with one of you to host the event and send me Qualifying and Race results.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Move the event to 06/03/20 and make it the season finalle meaning no race in December.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move the event to 13/12/19 a week later.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pics R2 part 2
8430756095227625992_0.jpg
8430756103953876480_0.jpg
8431319055383691784_0.jpg
8584441432511645184_0.jpg
8574871283439797760_0.jpg
8584441434258571776_0.jpg
8584441442848507400_0.jpg
IMG_20191005_091403_714.jpg
8430760495421620744_0.jpg

I've set up a vote as to what to do about Round 4.

I am not voting so it's the decision of you guys.

Sorry for unplanned disruption.

The poll lasts for 7 days.

I'm happy to host it, if I'm available for it.

We could even run it as a one off endurance round. Soft, medium, and hard compounds available. 30 laps. Should run just over an hour race time.
I disagree. This is a sprint series. Theres no justifiable reason to change the length of the race and the compounds available just because Paolo cant host it.
Not only that, it would be unfair, as the success penalties would be less impactful in a longer race, which would favour the top 3 of the previous race.
Imo, it should be just like a normal round, only hosted by someone else.

I disagree. This is a sprint series. Theres no justifiable reason to change the length of the race and the compounds available just because Paolo cant host it.
Not only that, it would be unfair, as the success penalties would be less impactful in a longer race, which would favour the top 3 of the previous race.

Very good points.

This exactly...

Thats good to know mate. I was gonna leave you on the full entry list anyways 👍

We'll see what the vote ends up being.

Cheers mate. I'm not sure about which races I'll be able to take part in until the end of each month, so I'll have about a week's notice (ish)

I personally feel like we should not reschedule the race for the following reason:
If any other person could not attend the race, that would not happen.
Despite being massively grateful to @paoloevans for hosting the series, I just dont think that should give you an advantage over other players and by being able to rearrange the schedule not to miss any races, thats exactly what would happen. This would also have implications in the championship, especially in the Gentlemen's cup, which he is leading.
So, when so many other people can host the lobby instead, this option just doesnt seem right to me.

I personally feel like we should not reschedule the race for the following reason:
If any other person could not attend the race, that would not happen.
Despite being massively grateful to @paoloevans for hosting the series, I just dont think that should give you an advantage over other players and by being able to rearrange the schedule not to miss any races, thats exactly what would happen. This would also have implications in the championship, especially in the Gentlemen's cup, which he is leading.
So, when so many other people can host the lobby instead, this option just doesnt seem right to me.

Again a fair point.

Can someone come forward and confirm that they'll host the race for me? (Which is what I originally wanted).

I know @Bivittavus88 said he could do it. Is that 100% mate?

It's important for everyone they know who will be hosting.

Last edited:
Im fairly certain i can also host the race if needed. As Beardo can host the race as well, if one or two more people could do it, it would almost garantee that one of us would not miss the round. I mean, its very unlikely those 2 or 3 people plus myself all could suddenly not be there for some reason. We could even establish an order so that if the guy that would do it has to miss, the job would pass to the first reserve on that list and so on.
So yeah, not 100% sure but i have no intent at all to miss that round unless something really drastic happens in my life.

Going to post this here, as the racing was clean, and it's evident you can all be trusted.

Would any of you be interested in a one off multi class endurance (by GT Sport standards) race? I'd be looking for 8 Gr.1 drivers, and 7 Gr.3 (as I'll take up a Gr.3 spot) I need to decide on the track/settings/date etc. So, it won't be for a while, and I'll make sure it doesn't interfere with this series.

If you're interested, like the post and I'll make notes. I'll tag all interested parties in a new thread when I've worked out said specifics.

If you'd like to discuss it, PM me. That way, we don't take up discussion space in this thread.

Fuji was awesome :), thank you guys again :) . It was a very close finish ( :D ). @HoonigaN96 was right "behind me" but on the last lap he somehow overtook me and took the victory :D :D :D :D :D :D . I was only 1 lap behind, so it was a tough fight :D :D .

Just wow :D . Kyoto M+Y is hard as hell. The Viper is a very stable when braking but here at some corners it likes to slide a little bit. Strange. I already named a few corners Nemesis #1, Nemesis #2, Nemesis #3... :D .

Edit: break and brake also my enemies...

Last edited:
Back