Sprint Cup Asia (Season 2) SEASON FINISHED.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 657 comments

Are the pitstop success penalties adding anything to the series? Should they be removed?

• Yes I think they add to the races. Keep them.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No they are not working. Get rid of them.

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@paoloevans thank you for hosting :) . It was fun - the F-Type is a brutal tire killer :) . Congratulations for the winners and everybody :) :cheers:
@WanganGhost I'm sorry for the sloppy race re-entry :( . My radar wasn't on :( .
@Raptor013 : Suzuka replay. If you'd like to make another awesome movie :) .

My English is still not the best so...
Before start...
JoyousFabulousHypacrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

After 3 laps...
tenor.gif

The rest of the race...
HollowPositiveAnophelesmosquito-size_restricted.gif

After the race...
giphy-16.gif

ROUND 2 - SUZUKA

Winner - Lost_Sheltie
Pole Position - spiner-kopin
Silver Cup Winner - Totalrose
Fastest Lap - spiner-kopin

Congratulations to all.

CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS UPDATED

Don't forget that Pole Positions and Fastest Lap are 1point as well.

Its so close in both classes.

Love it! :cheers::gtpflag:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200522234846.jpg

1cm was enough to ruin my performance on my best track:lol:

Qualy was surprisingly good. When I've done the same time, the hour before I thought it was not great, but now I think I just underestimate my performances too much.

I knew the sliptream was still a thing, so I decided to fuel save as much as I can during the first laps (the M6 feels OP on fuel since April's update). After my "little incident", I went flat out trying to get the fastest laps, and tried to undercut the cars in front (actually my strategy was to not pit at the same time to the others). Turns out my undercut was more powerful as expected and managed to pass @PTLobo2 through T1. Managed to reduce the gap between me and the lead but it was not enough. Again congrats to @Lost Sheltie for being the most consistent here:cheers:
Kyoto and Autopolis are not my strongest tracks so i'll try to maximise my chances at Mount Panorama

@Drex124 sorry mate. Couldn't restart once qualy was underway.
Actually you can but It's a bit tricky : when qualy or race starts, ask everyone to leave the track and cancel their entry, and you should be able to cancel the session

View attachment 923255

Qualy was surprisingly good. When I've done the same time, the hour before I thought it was not great, but now I think I just underestimate my performances too much.

I knew the sliptream was still a thing, so I decided to fuel save as much as I can during the first laps (the M6 feels OP on fuel since April's update). After my "little incident", I went flat out trying to get the fastest laps, and tried to undercut the cars in front (actually my strategy was to not pit at the same time to the others). Turns out my undercut was more powerful as expected and managed to pass @PTLobo2 through T1. Managed to reduce the gap between me and the lead but it was not enough. Again congrats to @Lost Sheltie for being the most consistent here:cheers:
Kyoto and Autopolis are not my strongest tracks so i'll try to maximise my chances at Mount Panorama

Actually you can but It's a bit tricky : when qualy or race starts, ask everyone to leave the track and cancel their entry, and you should be able to cancel the session

Made that mistake a few times in practice... Its painful indeed...

And regarding that last part:
Telling everyone to exit the race will indeed cancell the session.
Iirc, the proccedure is to just take a photograph of the qualy results and then select that same order using a manual grid.
I would recommend practising this once or twice until the next round, but i also believe its doable. My only issue is that it would take a bit of time, and if some guys have to race right after this series, it might create some problems with that.

PS: Regarding quali, i think your time was very good. Nonetheless, i could have been much closer to it, as i messed up my last 3 fast laps.

I was really looking forward to Suzuka - it's a great circuit and one I often use to compare cars.

The latest round of BOP changes have really strung the Atenza. Beforehand, what it lost in straight line speed could be made up with the handling. The extra weight has had a big impact, so what is lost on the straight is not made up in the turns.

View attachment 923255

I didn't want to cancel the session as I didn't want to disrupt other drivers evenings and to be honest I didn't know about the manual setting.

May i just add that the removal of the success penalties has been a tremendous success, in my eyes? This round, we got some really great close racing after the pit stops, something we hadnt really ever gotten last season. And it makes the pit stops themselves more important strategy-wise, with the undercut being a much more valuable and interesting possibility.

I'm already here :) . This will be my worst track - simply I just don't get it. I'm good at the straight and that's it :D . (OK, I'm always last, but this time I'll be LAST :lol:)

ftypesca2.jpg

My bad :( . This is a picture from yesterday - I'm working right now :( . But if we can sometime run a few laps it would be awesome because it's hell of a hard track :( .
That's ok I'm at work today as well. May run some laps tonight. Will post a lobby here :cheers:

Was certainly a great race. Was really happy with my pace throughout. Don't think that the BoP changes have done that much to the Gr.3 Lancer (despite killing the Gr.4 Lancer which already had a severe lack of top speed before the changes).

Looking forward to the next one as I've had some decent FIA races there.

I'm currently recording the fourth set of replays and will start to compile it all together tomorrow night.

However I'm attaching a link to another series I've been invited to join in over the past two weeks whilst real world racing is awaiting a restart here in Australia.

It's a one make series using the rFactor platform and the iconic HQ Holden and quite a number of the top line drivers from across the country are competing here also including several National Champions.

For those interested I'm driving the #013 here as well.

Was certainly a great race. Was really happy with my pace throughout. Don't think that the BoP changes have done that much to the Gr.3 Lancer (despite killing the Gr.4 Lancer which already had a severe lack of top speed before the changes).

Looking forward to the next one as I've had some decent FIA races there.

I'm currently recording the fourth set of replays and will start to compile it all together tomorrow night.

However I'm attaching a link to another series I've been invited to join in over the past two weeks whilst real world racing is awaiting a restart here in Australia.

It's a one make series using the rFactor platform and the iconic HQ Holden and quite a number of the top line drivers from across the country are competing here also including several National Champions.

For those interested I'm driving the #013 here as well.

Nice I'll give it a watch 👍

Practice lobby at Kyoto up.

Will be here for 30-40 minutes

👍

0475-4340-1107-3689-9140

ROOM NOW CLOSED

Last edited:
Thanks for the Invitation mate... missed it...not been around here for a while...

Seem to have lost track of space and time...actually feels like I'm trapped in a repetition of the last day of a holiday somewhere abroad...not quite sure what to do or where to go...

Sounds like you guys had a good race...

Enjoy.
Stay Safe.

Thanks for the Invitation mate... missed it...not been around here for a while...

Seem to have lost track of space and time...actually feels like I'm trapped in a repetition of the last day of a holiday somewhere abroad...not quite sure what to do or where to go...

Sounds like you guys had a good race...

Enjoy.
Stay Safe.

Hey no worries mate. Hang in there. We can see this out 👍

Back