Sprint Cup Asia (Season 2) SEASON FINISHED.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 657 comments

Are the pitstop success penalties adding anything to the series? Should they be removed?

• Yes I think they add to the races. Keep them.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No they are not working. Get rid of them.

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
giphy.gif

I dont really know how to feel about this round. Im definetely quicker than in last season's race but really, who isnt? And suzuka is just such a difficult track to be consistent, every turn is constantly trying to kill you, god i hate the astroturf here so much. And im really not that confident i can make the entire race without some stupid mistake... Hopefully, its the same for the other guys haha, but it will be a very challenging race, thats for sure.

I dont really know how to feel about this round. Im definetely quicker than in last season's race but really, who isnt? And suzuka is just such a difficult track to be consistent, every turn is constantly trying to kill you, god i hate the astroturf here so much. And im really not that confident i can make the entire race without some stupid mistake... Hopefully, its the same for the other guys haha, but it will be a very challenging race, thats for sure.

I'm sure I'll be making mistakes a plenty :lol::lol:

50/50 at the moment, mate. I'll jump in with zero practice if I can, and there's a space.

Should be able to give the mid pack a good race if I can make it

Ok mate cool. As I said keep an eye out here. If I haven't posted here by 19:45 then the grid is full :cheers:

Can confirm, the M6 is very unstable around Spoon and especially at the hairpin : the car have too much power on 1st gear but the 2nd gear is too long. Because of this I loose 2 tenths to every other cars on this section

Last edited:
Finally got things going here, but I'm gonna apologize in advance if things go pearshaped tonight.
I went from a 4mm loadcell, to a full travel one, if I get in the road of anyone, I'll drop to the back.:guilty:

Finally got things going here, but I'm gonna apologize in advance if things go pearshaped tonight.
I went from a 4mm loadcell, to a full travel one, if I get in the road of anyone, I'll drop to the back.:guilty:

Hopefully you'll be ok mate 👍

Weird race tonight from my perspective. Pretty sure I was 3rd in pace, not by much but enough, and because @Spinerkopin and @PTLobo2 were feeling nice they both made little mistakes that gave me victory. I sat behind Spiner for a couple of laps at the start just trying to hold the slipstream, and then he put a wheel on the grass going into the chicane and suddenly I was in the lead. Then I had PTlobo behind me for another couple of laps (tried to break clear but just didn't have the speed) until he ran wide at the 1st corner. Both really tiny errors that ended up costing them quite big.

I ended up with a 5 second lead coming out of the pit stop and managed to hold it to 3.5 seconds at the end, had a little off at 130r that cost me a second, but it was really just time trialling from about lap 5 onwards and keeping an eye on the fuel. I tend to be quite solid at Suzuka, so will be interesting to see what happens at the next races.

Thanks as always @paoloevans for organising :)

I very much agree with your assesement, i believe kopin was the fastest in pace, then me and then you, although it is important to say it was all very close.
However, both me and kopin made a stupid mistake on track that costed us a lot of time, which proved very costly at the end.
I also think i did the wrong thing by pitting on lap 9 only, the original plan was to pit at the end of lap 8, but i had fears of being held up by the rest of the field.
Looking back though, that decision cost me a position to Kopin, which was also due to my slight overfuel.
Ultimately, im disapointed with 3rd ngl, but i cant deny Sheltie deserved to win based on consistency and that kopin simply was slightly faster than me. I did have my chances of fighting for 2nd at the end, but some tiny erros here and there sealed 3rd as my finishing position, which i think is only fair looking at my performance.

Cant wait for kyoto now, and i'm eying a good comeback, since i do feel quite confortable at that track actually.

Back