Sprint Cup Asia (Season 2) SEASON FINISHED.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 657 comments

Are the pitstop success penalties adding anything to the series? Should they be removed?

• Yes I think they add to the races. Keep them.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No they are not working. Get rid of them.

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS UPDATED.

So the overall title will go down to the final round (just) but today @Totalrose has been crowned the new Silver Cup Champion!

Huge congratulations mate you deserve it:cheers:.

Also apologies to @Autograss_Mad for not adding your point to the standings from Autopolis!! I have now corrected that!:boggled:

Photos from R5 to follow. Cheers everyone for another great race.

Last edited:
CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS UPDATED.

So the overall title will go down to the final round (just) but today @Totalrose has been crowned the new Silver Cup Champion!

Huge congratulations mate you deserve it:cheers:.

Also apologies to @Autograss_Mad for not adding your point to the standings from Autopolis!! I have now corrected that!:boggled:

Photos from R5 to follow. Cheers everyone for another great race.

Congratulations @Lost Sheltie on the win and @Totalrose on the Class win. Was really trying to match you guys today to give myself a chance at a podium but you were both in a different zone today.

Congratulations @Lost Sheltie on the win and @Totalrose on the Class win. Was really trying to match you guys today to give myself a chance at a podium but you were both in a different zone today.

I was too far behind to watch all the action. I was sorta hanging with @Mark blacky till the end of Conrod, then every lap he crept a couple of seconds ahead. I saw a glimmer of hope when @WanganGhost was pitting just ahead of me... yeh... he took off pretty quick and I watched the gap growing every lap... I was loosing a lot of time creeping round Forest Elbow cause I was terrified of hitting the wall... but did manage to hit it once. I was expecting to just graze it, but PD physics had me virtually coming to a stop :crazy:. The other place I was bleeding time was at the end of Conrod. I was braking in time, but not turning in early enough and hitting that inside curb at the apex. <cries> (they realy *need* a crying smiley added to GTP).

On the plus side, home track advantage did help and for the first time this season I didn't spin! Sorry @skivit76 , @Kuraudo :P.

So voting has closed on next seasons calendar and the runaway winner is the Sprint Cup GT World Challenge with 7 votes to 0.

Look forward to taking the series in a new direction (and getting back to Brands :D).

New thread for Season 4 will be up within the next week or 2.:cheers:

@paoloevans :cheers: Wow! That was tough. I think I forgot to blink for whole laps...
@Totalrose Congratulations for the championship! :)

@Lost Sheltie Thank you for not lapping me XD . If I survive Fuji without getting a lap... that would be a flawless "victory" to me. Just sayin'. Please...:rolleyes:

@skivit76 sorry for hitting you in the qf :( . Stupid late auto drive ghosting :( .

@Invisigoth congratulations :D ! Nice run!

@paoloevans :cheers: Wow! That was tough. I think I forgot to blink for whole laps...
@Totalrose Congratulations for the championship! :)

@Lost Sheltie Thank you for not lapping me XD . If I survive Fuji without getting a lap... that would be a flawless "victory" to me. Just sayin'. Please...:rolleyes:

@skivit76 sorry for hitting you in the qf :( . Stupid late auto drive ghosting :( .

@Invisigoth congratulations :D ! Nice run!

Yeh that was one of the toughest races I've had. I was on my limit the entire time and still couldn't keep up with the guys ahead!

The pace of everyone in that race was mega! :gtpflag:

Have to say, I prefer Fuji without the Chicane.

Sure the heavier braking for the Chicane opens up another passing spot. But it ruins the flow of the circuit in that part of the layout.

I prefer No Fuji! To me it's just a series of places to get rear ended!

I prefer No Fuji! To me it's just a series of places to get rear ended!

Monza and Nurburgring are just as bad. But I know what you mean. I had a Nations Cup race there season just gone in the Gr.2 cars, I entered the braking zone in 10th and left the turn in 1st thanks to someone just behind me opting to do the massive dive bomb through the middle.

Sorry for the delay.

Round 5 photos Part 1: (I threw some black and whites in there this time!)
8296269342891312640_0.jpg
8142579609641157128_0.jpg
8143142557983965696_0.jpg
8286694795703747072_0.jpg
8152149758985635336_0.jpg

Back