Sprint Cup Asia (Season 2) SEASON FINISHED.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 657 comments

Are the pitstop success penalties adding anything to the series? Should they be removed?

• Yes I think they add to the races. Keep them.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No they are not working. Get rid of them.

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Invisigoth any lap times so far? :)

None so far. Any practice will have to wait till next week. I have 300km of Group C at Monza to deal with first :crazy:.

I heard rumours he posted a 5m:03 in order to secure last place on the grid :P

Haha nice try. I could post a 10m qualifying time and *still* start 2nd last. @Kuraudo never qualifies. He starts in last place, waits for me to 🤬 up in a catastrophic manor, then cruises past the wreckage with a laugh and a smile :P.

None so far. Any practice will have to wait till next week. I have 300km of Group C at Monza to deal with first :crazy:.

Haha nice try. I could post a 10m qualifying time and *still* start 2nd last. @Kuraudo never qualifies. He starts in last place, waits for me to 🤬 up in a catastrophic manor, then cruises past the wreckage with a laugh and a smile :P.
Comment of the year :lol::lol::lol: !

Okay guys, TV coverage is now available for all to enjoy. I've included some of the new graphics for this round. They are still a work in progress, however your feedback and possible ideas on new graphics would be most helpful.

Okay guys, TV coverage is now available for all to enjoy. I've included some of the new graphics for this round. They are still a work in progress, however your feedback and possible ideas on new graphics would be most helpful.

Really great job mate. The text on the grid walk and during the race is a really nice touch!

Was amazing seeing all the different battles in the race. The racing was really hard and fair :):D

Great job @Raptor013

Yesterday I've run a short "test" with two cars - the F-Type and the Viper. A little practice for the GT Challenge :D . Strange because the Jaguar feels so much faster (and has a whole different gear ratio) but I was faster (-0,6) with the Viper :S .

Yesterday I've run a short "test" with two cars - the F-Type and the Viper. A little practice for the GT Challenge :D . Strange because the Jaguar feels so much faster (and has a whole different gear ratio) but I was faster (-0,6) with the Viper :S .

Yeah, it's strange. I have the same experiences in the Gr.4 class. The TT Cup is a faster 1 lap car by over a second compared with both the Lancer and the M4. Yet they both make for a better race distance car.

Yeah, it's strange. I have the same experiences in the Gr.4 class. The TT Cup is a faster 1 lap car by over a second compared with both the Lancer and the M4. Yet they both make for a better race distance car.
Can't avoid it ... have to do a full race time trial with both cars :D :D :D .

Started practising. I was doing 1:39s consistently. Changed my brake balance. Started doing 1:38s consistently, but with my driving, I don't see that changing much. I'm guessing the rest of you will be doing 1:32s

Last edited:
Started practising. I was doing 1:39s consistently. Changed my brake balance. Started doing 1:38s consistently, but with my driving, I don't see that changing much. I'm guessing the rest of you will be doing 1:32s
38-39? Sounds good to me. I practiced only offline yet, so your time looks interesting for our season ending mega-brutal-awesome-etc clash ;) :cheers:. And if you spin out, no worries. The no-chicane corner is a killer to me :ill:.

38-39? Sounds good to me. I practiced only offline yet, so your time looks interesting for our season ending mega-brutal-awesome-etc clash ;) :cheers:. And if you spin out, no worries. The no-chicane corner is a killer to me :ill:.

Yeh, I had another crack today. Mostly 38s with a single 37.7. Did have a few outliers. The no chicane corner, whilst having the potential to go wide just slows me down a bit when it happens. Getting a rear tyre over the edge of the curb on the exit to T1 and hitting the throttle with the car even slightly turned results in a spin. Hitting the throttle on the exit just that little bit too soon and again putting a rear tyre over the curb on the exit to 100R results in a spin. Balancing the throttle to stay on the track there is a bit of a knife edge I find :scared:.

Yeh, I had another crack today. Mostly 38s with a single 37.7. Did have a few outliers. The no chicane corner, whilst having the potential to go wide just slows me down a bit when it happens. Getting a rear tyre over the edge of the curb on the exit to T1 and hitting the throttle with the car even slightly turned results in a spin. Hitting the throttle on the exit just that little bit too soon and again putting a rear tyre over the curb on the exit to 100R results in a spin. Balancing the throttle to stay on the track there is a bit of a knife edge I find :scared:.
I'm slower - as you know :) - but the only spinning danger to me is that stupid corner. That curb :crazy:. And now because of this post, I'll spin every single lap at least once XD .

I'm slower - as you know :) - but the only spinning danger to me is that stupid corner. That curb :crazy:. And now because of this post, I'll spin every single lap at least once XD .

Yeh, but I'll probably spin at two corners a lap, so you will *still* finish ahead of me! I just feel sorry for the poor buggers at the front who will have to deal with the two of us doing Swan Lake in the middle of the track as they go to lap us :lol:.

Yeh, but I'll probably spin at two corners a lap, so you will *still* finish ahead of me! I just feel sorry for the poor buggers at the front who will have to deal with the two of us doing Swan Lake in the middle of the track as they go to lap us :lol:.
I'd like to think they see as like this when we race:
tumblr_inline_mms2l0F3R01qz4rgp.gif

Spins are cool :D .

Last edited:
Hi everyone. It's the usual raceweek shout out for the final round of the Championship this Friday.

If anyone can't make it please let me know.

Good luck to all, let's round off the season in style!

Thanks to every driver who has been involved in Season 3 of the Sprint Cup :cheers:

@Spinerkopin @skivit76 @Mark blacky @Lazybike @Totalrose @Raptor013 @WanganGhost @PTLobo2 @AudiMan2011 @Autograss_Mad @Lost Sheltie @si_berian_tiger @Kuraudo @Invisigoth @Philtaylor17
This is gonna be an awesome weekend :) ! Sprint Cup Season final (ready to go :cheers:) and the next day Le Mans 24h :D:bowdown:.

Back