Sprint Cup Asia (Season 2) SEASON FINISHED.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 657 comments

Are the pitstop success penalties adding anything to the series? Should they be removed?

• Yes I think they add to the races. Keep them.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No they are not working. Get rid of them.

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cheers. I made this one especially for the Mitsubishi vs Subaru 250km Teams Race at Fuji last month.

And whilst the one I've been running since Round 2 is certainly a stunning design (if I do say so myself), this one plays more into the venue we are racing at.

Cheers. I made this one especially for the Mitsubishi vs Subaru 250km Teams Race at Fuji last month.

And whilst the one I've been running since Round 2 is certainly a stunning design (if I do say so myself), this one plays more into the venue we are racing at.
I love that livery too but the white "rally themed" wheels a bit strange to me :) . And... I love the '99 Oreca Viper so the problem is probably with me :D .

Yeah, it was a tough choice between the throwback WRC Tarmac styled rims from the Evo 5 and 6 era, or the street Evo 10 rims when I did the other design. However as I wanted to run white rims the WRC rims won out as they looked better under the car.

It's a nice itasha... just a shame it's on evo and not an STi :P. Now where did I put that telescope, tonight's a lovely night to look at Pleiades.......

Edit: Maybe something like this:

Subaru_Itasha.jpg

Last edited:
Mate same, I only did a very small practice session on wedsnday (i think?), but thats it. Watching every single minute of the Le Mans practice sessions is more important haha

Definitely! I watched the full 4hour practice session last night instead of my Fuji practice session :lol:

So thanks to everyone who participated in Season 3. It was a belter!

I think we've got a real great bunch of drivers here now which forms the backbone of the series.

Can't wait for next season.

As I said in the race lobby I'll update the final standings after the weekend.

Roll on Sprint Cup GT World Challenge

:gtpflag:

It's been great fun in the series and rounding off the season with a win in Am class is a fantastic way for me to close the book on my long history in console racing leagues.

I'll now be actively looking at rebuilding myself in the world of PC racing after plotting the move for months. Hoping I may see some of you over on PC in the future...

I had to restart. @Invisigoth had made the effort to get up at silly hour! Glad people agreed :cheers:

Much appreciated! Again I apologise for being late :embarrassed:. I woke at 3:30 and figured I'd just close my eyes for a bit and get up at 4:30. When I opened my eyes again it was 4:50!!!!! I turned on the PS and hoped that my clock was wrong. Couldn't find the lobby, dashed out to the computer to see the post "start in 5 mins", posted 3 minutes ago! "great, I still have 2 mins to copy the stupid long lobby ID and punch it into the PS."... "Oh CRAP!!!! Qualifying has already started!!! This is Bathurst from the previous season all over again ! :irked:".

I was very surprised to find my pace, whilst still the slowest of everyone, was only a few seconds off, instead of the usual 5-10s off :lol:.

I think we should create a championship where finishing P2 would give the most of the points :lol:

@Lost Sheltie had a great pace, It was hard to keep up. The second stint was very good, just less than a tenth slower than him. The gap was pretty small (2secs iirc) until a mistake on the last sector before the last lap. But still, consistency was there, only a few mistakes and I'm happy for that:)

Time to learn how to drive the Ferrari

Today was one to forget for me.

Had decent pace in the opening stint and tried the undercut to get in front of @AudiMan2011, however didn't have the pace in the second stint. Opted to bolt another set of tyres on with 5 to go, with the plan to use the tyre grip to haul in the difference. However the pace didn't return.

That's it for me, last GTS race.:cheers:
@paoloevans you have a great format here, and a good core of drivers, well done mate.
Enjoyed every season, and every race (apart from the last 2, Fuji went a lot better I suppose :lol:), but the difference in physics between ACC and GTS is to big for me.
It was a pleasure sharing the track with you guys, clean, respectful and fun racing.

Congrats to my homie (:P) @Totalrose for the overall podium and Silver Cup title this season.
(Paolo, better kick him into the the big puddle with the big fishes now.:D)

Moving to ACC on PS4 (hopefully PC in the not so far future), I have an endurance league starting soon, if any of you play, or make the move to ACC, any if you are more than welcome. Thanks to Paolo for allowing the blatant plug.👍

https://www.facebook.com/groups/340573490241196/?ref=share

https://discord.gg/YQQgKSQ

Merci!

@Lost Sheltie had a great pace, It was hard to keep up. The second stint was very good, just less than a tenth slower than him. The gap was pretty small (2secs iirc) until a mistake on the last sector before the last lap. But still, consistency was there, only a few mistakes and I'm happy for that:)

And I was there to see some of it....as I was being lapped! :lol:. For a change I wasn't lapped by the whole field, just you two :crazy:. I almost had a glory moment where I could have for a very brief moment unlapped myself. @Lost Sheltie passed me on the start/finish strait shortly after the final corner of the track (I went wide on the corner exit). I was in the draft and starting to position for a pass, realised that there was no point to it, so just eased off the throttle, sat behind, then braked early for T1 so I didn't run up the back of him. I went wide at another corner when I saw you on the radar.

At least for a change I could actually see another car in front of me (not always the same one) for the whole race :rolleyes:. I was sitting there waiting for this mythical spin at the no-chicane corner that @Kuraudo kept insisting was imminent. It never happened. Instead the smug bugger was up to P10 at one stage (or was it 9?):P.

That's it for me, last GTS race.:cheers:
@paoloevans you have a great format here, and a good core of drivers, well done mate.
Enjoyed every season, and every race (apart from the last 2, Fuji went a lot better I suppose :lol:), but the difference in physics between ACC and GTS is to big for me.
It was a pleasure sharing the track with you guys, clean, respectful and fun racing.

Congrats to my homie (:P) @Totalrose for the overall podium and Silver Cup title this season.
(Paolo, better kick him into the the big puddle with the big fishes now.:D)

Moving to ACC on PS4 (hopefully PC in the not so far future), I have an endurance league starting soon, if any of you play, or make the move to ACC, any if you are more than welcome. Thanks to Paolo for allowing the blatant plug.👍

https://www.facebook.com/groups/340573490241196/?ref=share

https://discord.gg/YQQgKSQ

Merci!

Thank you!

Was a pleasure having you race with us @skivit76. Thanks for being loyal to the series 👍

Good luck in your new ACC Career mate.
:gtpflag:

Back