Sprint Cup GT World Challenge. SEASON FINISHED.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 990 comments
Ok mate cool:).

The reason I ask for your driver rating is that it determines which class you score points in. So in this series it's not really irrelevant 👍
I'll opt out of the Silver cup thing if that's ok, I've had every letter on the DR list apart from S and I don't think it's a great measure of how fast people actually are. Apologies if I'm being obtuse here.

I'll opt out of the Silver cup thing if that's ok, I've had every letter on the DR list apart from S and I don't think it's a great measure of how fast people actually are. Apologies if I'm being obtuse here.

Ok, I'll leave you as a non scorer.

I seriously considered making everyone use the GTWC number plates but then thought back to one of the reasons why I started up the Sprint Cup and that was to be relaxed without to many rules and regulations so I decided against it in the end.

However yeh if people wanted to that would be cool! :cheers:

I went with a Le Mans 24h plate and AM stickers 👍.

Not happy with the danger noodle?

Edit: oops! For some reason I thought you had been running the Viper. I was never close enough during the season to see :crazy:.

Last edited:
I went with a Le Mans 24h plate and AM stickers 👍.

Not happy with the danger noodle?

Edit: oops! For some reason I thought you had been running the Viper. I was never close enough during the season to see :crazy:.
Actually I can't decide between the Viper (my all time love, favourite, etc...) and the F-Type (my go to car). The time is short, so it'll be a tough choice.

Actually I can't decide between the Viper (my all time love, favourite, etc...) and the F-Type (my go to car). The time is short, so it'll be a tough choice.

If I wasn't already happy enough with the 'vette, I'd be more inclined to have a go with the AMG GT3 or the Aston Vantage. For a long while the Vantage was kinda my fav to drive, so it would be the last car I'd drive for the week when I did the dailies. (I drive a different car each day for the dailies). The Jag always seemed a bit too difficult to get to change direction for my driving style.

If I wasn't already happy enough with the 'vette, I'd be more inclined to have a go with the AMG GT3 or the Aston Vantage. For a long while the Vantage was kinda my fav to drive, so it would be the last car I'd drive for the week when I did the dailies. (I drive a different car each day for the dailies). The Jag always seemed a bit too difficult to get to change direction for my driving style.
I drive only a handful of cars (Viper, F-Type, NSX, 650s) so I don't have a wide range of experience :( . The Viper has (IMHO) very good traction and brakes but the F-Type is better with the corners. Maybe a few laps around Suzuka or Laguna Seca will help to decide.

I agree with you on that one. I've raced against some ridiculously quick E and D players and equally, some really slow S and A rated players
What we if organised a 'grading' session where people set their best 3 laps and then drivers were classified from there?

I drive only a handful of cars (Viper, F-Type, NSX, 650s) so I don't have a wide range of experience :( . The Viper has (IMHO) very good traction and brakes but the F-Type is better with the corners. Maybe a few laps around Suzuka or Laguna Seca will help to decide.

Make some laps with the BMW M3. It’s pretty stable and user-friendly... :cheers:

Part of the problem I've found is that the characteristics of the cars keeps changing with updates. I've been a bit of a fan of the Corvette from IMSA and the LeMans 24h (and mainly because I wanted to see GM kick FORD's arse :lol:). What I found was that much to my disappointment, I could never seem to do better with the Corvette than with the Viper. Eventually after a number of updates, things changed and what I find now is that I do better with the Corvette in Gr3, and better with the Viper for Gr4. The only real life race where I have seen the Viper in action was N24, but it was disqualified for making too much noise! The only other place I've seen one was the Crazy Swede in the American drift series, so I always associated it with being *very* tail happy.

I agree with you on that one. I've raced against some ridiculously quick E and D players and equally, some really slow S and A rated players
What we if organised a 'grading' session where people set their best 3 laps and then drivers were classified from there?

That's an idea I have considered. My thoughts were that it would be tricky to have a cut off of what times go into what class? Also people may be sandbagging in the session.

I don't know really. :guilty:

I just thought it would be a quick and easy way to determine the class using the in game rating system even though its not perfect. :rolleyes:

@GTP_Guido Thank you, but I don't like BMWs:rolleyes:. To me the most user friendly car I have ever tried is the AMG GT GT3. That thing is so smooth...

@Invisigoth I'm a Viper guy since the first RT/10 so the Corvette is my arch nemesis :D .
corvette-meme-7.jpg
The Viper has a somewhat bad reputation being a seriel killer, but it holds dozens of lap records and win every possible series :) . GT1, Le Mans, Daytona, N24, Spa, Sebring, ALMS.
I want to drive the Viper but I'm afraid I'll be slower with it than the Jaguar :( .

My peak DR was "C" (but I think it was a glitch XD ). I was 8-9 seconds slower than @Lost Sheltie in Bathurst. That makes me somewhere DR T or DR Z :D .

If I recall corretly there is always a huge gap (2+ seconds?) between the PRO and the Gentleman/Silver/AM racers in every QF. Maybe that could be a helpful thing. Or not.
But faulty or not I think the DR rating is still the best way for the categories.

What about using peak DR? So to avoid the penalty system clouding the picture, you go off what someone's highest DR rating was?

Peak is also not a very good indication of what level a person is at. I just happened to get extremely lucky and had two weeks where the track and car combo just happened to work for me and others were having a hard time. I think it was Spa in the rain for the first time followed by Bathurst. I reached DR/B. That was just a fluke. I'm not at my best and havn't been since I moved back in April, and back then I would say my true level was somewhere between a fast DR/D and a slow DR/C. Anyone here who participates in @Pigems weekly "Daily races with friends" lobby knows what I am talking about. He runs the dailies twice. Qualifying for the first race and a reverse grid based on finishing place for the second. Then there are bonus races which also start on a reverse grid based on the dailies. I have finished last on more races than anyone else. I have also had more pole position starts than anyone else as a result. I have had more last place finishes from pole than anyone else! There are DR/C and B drivers in the mix. Does this realy sound like the performance of a Dr/B driver? :P :lol:

@Invisigoth fair enough. I guess its hard to find an absolutely perfect way. Another possibility would be to rule out people from entering the Silver Cup, so say if you have been DR A/B and above for more than x amount of days you cannot enter, and anyone coming under that mark can choose to enter or not?

Edit - I'm aware that I'm new to this championship so I'm not trying to change anything just to be clear :lol: seems a great setup/championship and I'm just offering an opinion/ideas to the discussion that had already been started about the silver cup.

@Invisigoth fair enough. I guess its hard to find an absolutely perfect way. Another possibility would be to rule out people from entering the Silver Cup, so say if you have been DR A/B and above for more than x amount of days you cannot enter, and anyone coming under that mark can choose to enter or not?

Sounds fair enough to me 👍. Or maybe looking at how long they have been able to maintain their rating prior to entering the series? <shrug> It's @paoloevans 's series, so he can do what he wants :lol:. I think his aim is to keep things as free, open and uncomplicated as possible. Once you start looking at formulas to make determinations you have fallen into the anal retentive rabbit hole :embarrassed:.

Sounds fair enough to me 👍. Or maybe looking at how long they have been able to maintain their rating prior to entering the series? <shrug> It's @paoloevans 's series, so he can do what he wants :lol:. I think his aim is to keep things as free, open and uncomplicated as possible. Once you start looking at formulas to make determinations you have fallen into the anal retentive rabbit hole :embarrassed:.

I think you've summed up my feelings @Invisigoth

I don't have loads of free time really to start getting into formula's and the serious stuff. That's why I also keep it at one race every month as it's a family house and I work in a Hospital so my hours can be an issue.

I think keeping it simple is the way that works best for myself. I know its not perfect but it'll have to do and to be fair I haven't had a race in the last 2 seasons that I think has not been fun and enjoyable.

It's nice however to see people care for the series and do want to make it better in anyway possible.

Maybe after Season 4 I may relinquish control of the series to someone who can fancy it up and make it more professional and for the better.

We'll see :)

Hi all.

So we now have a full entry list! I have never had an entry list fill up so quick. That was unbelievable. Thanks to all of you! :cheers:

As it stands we only have 1 AM Cup entry so I've made the decision to scrap the AM Cup Championship. (No one wants a class with 1 car in it:boggled:)

I have edited the original post.

So @Kuraudo you'll be back running in the Silver Cup has you have been the past season's mate 👍.

Again thanks everyone for signing up and roll on Monza:cheers:

Back