Sprint Cup GT World Challenge. SEASON FINISHED.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 990 comments
Nevermind, wound up looking at some footage on YouTube. I'm definitely going with the 'Vette:

Looks like that is from a Lemans race , and in 2010 and 2011 when I was down waching it live , the best thing about the cars competing , was when the corvette came flying by , you could hear them coming from far away :cheers: ........

Have decided to bring the Lancer out to play for another season. Have made some minor adjustments to the design with Shell and Michelin coming on board as sponsors for the new season.
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20200927174523.jpg

@Raptor013 the test pictures (made with photoscape) of @paoloevans are the right height/width or it needs to be adjust... somewhere :) ? The pictures of the racers are easy, but for the cars I need a picture of the livery from the gallery - the most simple solution is to share it so I could see them, or anyone who wants to work with them :) .

Hey Peepz, just wanted to say, as I am a bit pressed for time I'll open up a quick test lobby to do my pre-season car testing and decision next Wednesday, 7th October. Practice will start at 19:00 CET / 18:00 BST and we can do a 9 lap test race around Monza at 20:15 CET / 19:15 BST. It's gonna be friends only, so shoot me a request. I hope I'll have the time to practice test 3 cars at least and than race the best of these. We'll see...

In previous seasons, we had to pit once for fuel. You simply didnt have enough to go to the end without stopping even if yoy wanted to. I would expect that to stay the same. We would also take tyres.

As @PTLobo2 said mate. You'll need to do 1 stop 👍

Thanks guys :cheers:

Look forward to the Wednesday lobby @R_Goldstreiff 👍

Just a random thought, with the possibility of GT7 by Christmas, Is there a risk of people dropping out mid series if they transition over? I would stick around and just run both games, but I'm wondering ( and I totally hope this comes across just as thinking out loud which it is rather than a newcomer coming in and trying to change things :lol: ) if its worth condensing the calendar a bit?

Its pretty spaced out atm and isn't finishing until next year, whereas making the gaps between races a little closer meaning the season would be completed earlier maybe increasing the likelihood of full grids all the way through?

Either way, really looking forward to getting started this week :dopey:

I don't think we need to worry at all about GT7. The first round of PS5 pre-orders is already sold out, and even though Sony are promising there will be another drop around December it's very unlikely that there will be enough PS5s on the market that people in this series will even get their hands on one.

And that's still assuming that GT7 drops around Christmas (would be a smart move by Sony and PD, but their track record speaks against them here :P), and that people aren't willing to run both GTS and GT7 side-by-side for the series.

Thanks guys :cheers:

Look forward to the Wednesday lobby @R_Goldstreiff 👍

Just a random thought, with the possibility of GT7 by Christmas, Is there a risk of people dropping out mid series if they transition over? I would stick around and just run both games, but I'm wondering ( and I totally hope this comes across just as thinking out loud which it is rather than a newcomer coming in and trying to change things :lol: ) if its worth condensing the calendar a bit?

Its pretty spaced out atm and isn't finishing until next year, whereas making the gaps between races a little closer meaning the season would be completed earlier maybe increasing the likelihood of full grids all the way through?

Either way, really looking forward to getting started this week :dopey:

Yeh interesting point :)

I had in my head when I arranged this season that it would "probably" be the last on GT Sport. However I really don't think that GT7 will be with us anytime soon. :crazy:

Plus I'm not sure when I would be in a position to get a PS5???!!!! Also I limit the races to 1 a month as I have a job which can have random hours and a Mrs to negotiate with! :lol:

If it does all happen before the end of the season and people want to leave then that's their decision and I'll respect it.:cheers:

I really hope GT7 keeps the livery editor feature :scared:

Back