Sprint Cup GT World Challenge. SEASON FINISHED.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 990 comments
Unfortunately there is a space opened up for a full time spot on the entry list as @SRT DK Racing has decided to withdraw from the series.

@Drex124 @Autograss_Mad @Lost Sheltie @WhiteFlight1 @llNovall

This space is being offered to all the reserves. Please let me know if you want to make the jump to a full time spot. It will be allocated in the order you are on the reserve list. If none of the reserves take the space I'll put it out to GTPlanet :dopey:

Also I will give @si_berian_tiger a couple of weeks to get back to me to let me know if he wants to still race in the series (as he is a longterm driver with us) before offering his space :)

@SRT DK Racing as I said you are always welcome back :cheers:
Sorry for the delayed response. I'd like to remain on the Reserve roster as I know i would only be an intermittent availability.

It sounds like the gap between the back and the front is not great. You guys had better be mindful of the penalties, because @Kuraudo and I are only a second or two behind, and last season @Kuraudo may not have been the fastest, but he was *very* consistent during the races. :P
:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Headstart :D ?

Congratulations for everyone, looks like it was an awesome race :) !

Congratulations for everyone, looks like it was an awesome race :) !

It was . I haven't been enjoying my racing lately because I've been so much slower than everyone else in other events, but even though I came last, and the gap was getting wider with each lap (@Autograss_Mad seemed to be getting faster in the last 5 laps). I was still in the mix for a large chunk of the race. I suspect that had you been there, you and @Autograss_Mad would have been battling it out :dopey:.

It was . I haven't been enjoying my racing lately because I've been so much slower than everyone else in other events, but even though I came last, and the gap was getting wider with each lap (@Autograss_Mad seemed to be getting faster in the last 5 laps). I was still in the mix for a large chunk of the race. I suspect that had you been there, you and @Autograss_Mad would have been battling it out :dopey:.
We had great races at Fuji but the only reason finishing in front of him is my (unlimited :D ) luck => R1 he spun out, and if R6 is longer with 1 more lap, he overtakes me easily.

Ya no idea what I did in last 5 laps, but my pace was much better.

Ya no idea what I did in last 5 laps, but my pace was much better.

When you were behind me, the gap was fairly constant. Once you got past me (not hard considering I was parked in the sand :lol: ) you were increasing the gap by about a second a lap, then it suddenly went to 2 or 3 seconds a lap! My lap times were still fairly consistent. I think you were just sandbagging for most of the race :P.

Any Spa lap times? :D
And somebody please tell me how to take the Eau Rouge :banghead::crazy::confused::grumpy:... I watched youtube videos and... nope. I'm hopeless and clueless there. It's really "pedal to the metal" with RM/RM, BoP, standard setting?

And somebody please tell me how to take the Eau Rouge :banghead::crazy::confused::grumpy:... I watched youtube videos and... nope. I'm hopeless and clueless there. It's really "pedal to the metal" with RM/RM, BoP, standard setting?

I'm averaging 2:20's - 2:21's with a best of 2:19.5xx in a race simulation. I can take Eau Rouge flat in the 458 :dopey: (on a good lap that is, it doesn't always come out right the other side of the corner :lol:)

Last edited:
The usual suspects (Mistah, Kie, even David Perel) all have Gr3 lap guides for Spa up on YouTube.

I haven't tried *every* car, but Eau Rouge is a flat out corner for all that I've tried. You need to cut the left hand kerb just so and get over on the right without touching the right hand kerb and you're fine.

But remember: Lifting a bit to lose a few tenths down Kemmel is better than snagging a 0.5s penalty.

I'm averaging 2:20's - 2:21's with a best of 2:19.5xx in a race simulation. I can take Eau Rouge flat in the 458 :dopey: (on a good lap that is, it doesn't always come out right the other side of the corner :lol:)
So that'll be a 2:25(?) to me - I'm not very familiar with this track :( .
@kungtotte_ yes, I've watched Mistah's Supra(?) lap and my face was like this: :drool::confused:. My main problem is with the "start" of the corner. I just can't start the "zig-zag" in time from left to right and I always cut the left side of the top corner or hit the barrier :( . So if @Invisigoth goes there with full throttle I have no chance to beat him :D .

You know what I would do? Just practice hitting Eau Rouge right (the bottom). Forget about cutting at the top, just focus on having the right line at the bottom and turning your wheel right at the correct place to end up over by the right curb going up. Cutting on the left or running wide doesn't matter at this point, just getting the bottom correct.

Once you nail that the rest is easy, because the car will want to stay on the proper line. If you turn too late or too soon at Eau Rouge, or you're cutting too little or too much, that's when you run into problems up at Raidillon.

I gave it a bit of a go. In the dark the 'vette's lighting isn't the greatest. It didn't take me many laps before I had had Jack of it. I think I did about 7 laps... only managed two without penalty. Best lap was 1:25.???. Need to practice more, maybe when the cat isn't driving me up the wall!

@kungtotte_ Almost got it right :D ! 1 out of 5 ... :scared:. I think my hand doesn't believe to my brain. Just freezes and I run off at the top. (@paoloevans) These cuts bring up the "when/where rid of it"? I'm sure I'll have a good amount of penalty thanks to eau rouge.
@Invisigoth 1:25?? I'm sure it's a 1) SLOW DOWN penalty! 2) You have to change from the Tomahawk to a GR.3 car :D .

@Invisigoth 1:25?? I'm sure it's a 1) SLOW DOWN penalty! 2) You have to change from the Tomahawk to a GR.3 car :D .

OK, 2:25.??? BTW dood, if you pick up the Eau Rouge penalty (or is that la femme rouge? :embarrassed:), if you run the rest of the lap as per normal, unlike la Sarthe, you won't loose it. I think most of the time when I picked up a 1.5s penalty it was still 1.2s at the end of the lap. I was still picking up penalties with lifting :lol:. The night time lighting doesn't help either... I want some rally lights! Oh, and the best car for this circuit is the Kart.. heck the best car for *any* circuit is the Kart! (yes, I have a Spa in the rain kart lobby saved) .

@kungtotte_ Almost got it right :D ! 1 out of 5 ... :scared:. I think my hand doesn't believe to my brain. Just freezes and I run off at the top. (@paoloevans) These cuts bring up the "when/where rid of it"? I'm sure I'll have a good amount of penalty thanks to eau rouge.

Regarding penalties I'm happy for you to get rid of them when and where you see fit. We are a sensible lot so I trust it to be in a safe place :lol:;)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back