Sprint Cup GT World Challenge. SEASON FINISHED.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 990 comments
Yesterday I did my first (:scared:) clean (no cutting or overshoting) laps. Eau rouge and Blanchimont => have to lift off in both corners :( . The time? Dreadful :D . But the laps were clean at last :D :D :D .

And that's how you have beaten me on many occasions. Consistently staying on the track. Once you come off the track, it tends to form a chain of offs due to dirty tyres and loss of focus.

I can run Eau Rouge no lift but it's hairy, so I feather the throttle at the bottom down to around 50% throttle and then back on it as soon as the car changes direction. In Blanchimont I can't get the car to stay on track at the exit without lifting but it's a super fast lift just before turning. I'm sure I'm bleeding a few tenths in those corners but running wide or collecting a penalty is more than a few tenths!

If I don't lift at the bottom I don't have time to go the the right to start turning to the left correctly - whoa, this sounds really stupid XD . There are many strange corners but this takes the crown to me...

That's kinda what I do. I get over to the left as far as I can get away with at the bottom, lift just before the kerb, turn right, and as soon as the car starts to turn right, turn left :lol:.

Small adjustment to the entry list.

@si_berian_tiger has been removed as I'm not sure if he's still on the forums here?

@WhiteFlight1 has his full time space.

Final space is going out to GTPlanet.
@paoloevans
I have taken another look at the calendar, and with these being around 35-40 min races, I'm confident I could make more races than originally anticipated. If willing, I would like to be considered for the final full time slot.
Thanks in advance,
II-NOVA-II

I watched a little of this years Le Mans for inspiration (they finally released the race on YouTube) since I couldn't watch it live... I couldn't get my browser to play nice with Eurosports to view a single event.:rolleyes: ) . After the first 4 hours it dawned on me that watching Spa might be better. Sadly I couldn't find the actual event itself, just stuff leading up to it, but I was able to find this years 6 hour. @paoloevans , are you sure you don't wanna make this a wet race? The impression I get from what little I saw of the pre 24 hour and the 6 hour commentary is that it *always* rains when there is a race on :lol: !

I watched a little of this years Le Mans for inspiration (they finally released the race on YouTube) since I couldn't watch it live... I couldn't get my browser to play nice with Eurosports to view a single event.:rolleyes: ) . After the first 4 hours it dawned on me that watching Spa might be better. Sadly I couldn't find the actual event itself, just stuff leading up to it, but I was able to find this years 6 hour. @paoloevans , are you sure you don't wanna make this a wet race? The impression I get from what little I saw of the pre 24 hour and the 6 hour commentary is that it *always* rains when there is a race on :lol: !

My mate went to the WEC Spa 6 Hours last year (I think) and they had rain, sunshine and even heavy snow!!!! :eek:

As we are quite close to the race I don't want to change it now as people have been practicing etc but if I do another season on GT Sport I promise I'll make Spa a wet race 👍

EDIT - When GT7 comes out and I am in a position where I can get a PS5 (honestly not sure when this will be) I plan to hopefully continue running the Sprint Cup Series.

Dynamic time and weather is top of my GT7 wish list, along with the livery editor. Imagine the possibilities open to us! :cheers:

Last edited:
Wet Spa would be AWESOME! But totally understand the people who have already practiced already in the dry would be getting their work wiped out unfairly. We should do a reverse grid one after the race or something for half points :lol:

Last edited:
Wet Spa would be AWESOME! But totally understand the people who have already practiced already in the dry would be getting their work wiped out unfairly. We should do a reverse grid one after the race or something for half points :lol:
Actually I'm working on a... race with interesting settings. The wet is one of the "compontents" :evil maniac face: .

Back