SRF GT-MES Season 11 | FINISHED

Germany
Kassel, Hesse, Germany
Nilsemann2002
D72009CC-6D9C-4615-82F2-6BA6F63F68AD.jpeg

Welcome to the SRF Gran Turismo - Mixed Endurance Series!
After our second season with Gr.3/Gr.2 cars, we‘ve decided to continue with this kind of multiclass racing for our 11th season!
With „we“ our organisers @sota59, @Emilius_73 and @Nilsemann2002 are meant and if you’ve questions about the series just post them here or dm us and we’ll try to answer them :)

Last edited:
The SRF GT-MES is a 8-race weekly series including cars from the Gr2 and Gr3 classes, competing in 40-minute endurance races. As missing races is very likely, only points from 5 best finishes will count in championship. Extra points awarded in final race.
While balance of performance will be off, all cars will be subject to manually adjusted power/weight settings. After a race, point and weight adjustments will be distributed to the drivers, with more of each going to the higher-placed competitors. A maximum of 2 drivers can race with the same car manufacturer per class, and manufacturer can only appear in one class.

GT-MES is part of Sim Racing Federation, and follows their rulebook. GT-MES adjustments and penalties listed later in this document.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uaTn6fRmuowSnW2tXn0ZuX8wAAAZ2foPiL0DjenDPu0/edit

Race Type: 40-minute endurance race (1h for the final race)
Start Type: In-game rolling start
Tire/Fuel settings: 5x/5x
Mechanical damage: Heavy
Visible damage: On
Tuning: On
Tires: RM-RS - You need to use RM at least once per race, does NOT apply to wet races (For more have a look at explanations)!
Corner cutting penalties: Weak
Flags and other penalties: On
Boost: Off
Slipstream: Realistic

To get on the entry list, please dm me, @Emilius_73 or @sota59

You should tell the following information:
-Car (make sure it’s available)
-Category
-PSN
-Number

Round 1: Nürburgring GP (Noon 12:00), 27.06.2020
Round 2: Suzuka (Sunset 18:45), 04.07.2020
Round 3: Laguna Seca (Afternoon 14:30), 11.07.2020
Round 4: Interlagos (Daytime 13:45), 18.07.2020
Round 5: Barcelona (Dusk 20:00), 25.07.2020
Round 6: Monza (Noon 12:00), 01.08.2020
Round 7: Spa-Francorchamps (WET! Dawn 6:30), 08.08.2020
Round 8 (1.5x Points / 60min): Circuit de la Sarthe (Sunset 22:00), 15.08.2020

All times are in GMT
7:00 PM - Lobby opens and Qualifying begins
7:25 PM - Qualifying ends, and short Warm Up starts
7:30 PM - Race begins
8:10 PM - Race ends.Penalties given, Race result confirmed and points given shortly after the race

All Gr.2 Cars:
Only Honda, Lexus, and Nissan are allowed (2016 cars)
Black window-sticker, black number plate, white front lights,number on roof, SRF-logos on rear and front bumper

All Gr.3 Cars:
Only BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, Audi, and Mazda are allowed
White window-sticker, white number plate, yellow front lights, number on roof, SRF-logos on rear and front bumper

Gr.2 Numberplate: https://www.gran-turismo.com/de/gts.../activities/decal/1310715/6134563581109208080

Gr.2 Numberplate (Champion): https://www.gran-turismo.com/de/gts.../activities/decal/1310715/6125556372727661584

Gr.3 Numberplate: https://www.gran-turismo.com/de/gts.../activities/decal/1310715/6134563574129885208

Gr.3 Numberplate (Champion): https://www.gran-turismo.com/de/gts.../activities/decal/1310715/6134563582854037528

SRF-Logo
https://www.gran-turismo.com/de/gts.../activities/decal/9516165/8440405408756039680

Helpful video regarding livery making by @sota59

Position/Points
1st/20
2nd/15
3rd/12
4th/8
5th/6
6th/4
7th/2
8th/1

1 point for the fastest lap in each category
1.5x points for the final race at Le Mans, which will have a distance of 60min instead of 40min

At the end of any race, drivers need to adjust the weight of the car (driver’s choice) to accommodate to all skill levels across a particular class and will be applied as follows:
Place in category/ticks
1st: +5
2nd: +3
3rd: +2
-
8th (Gr.3) / 6th (Gr.2): -1
All ticks represent weight added.
Ticks stay for next 3 races started.

Penalties are only given if participant reports it to race conductors, and after they have been investigated after the race.
Each accident will be judged by stewards, and they will give penalty they see fitting to crime. Previous accidents during season will work as preferences as season goes on. Repeating crime will mean harsher penalties.
Causing an avoidable engine damage: Drive Through (DT), Point Deduction (PD) + DT
Causing an avoidable engine damage with 2 or more victims: Retirement from the Current Race (RET), PD + RET
Causing an avoidable wreck (no engine damage) with 2 or more victims: 2 Drive Throughs
Causing an avoidable wreck: Warning (W), PD.
Failing to race under weight restriction: W + RET, RET + PD
Unsporting behaviour: W + RET, PD + RET, DQ from the series

MUST USE RM: Drivers must use Racine Medium (RM) tires during the race, failing to do so will result in DSQ, this does NOT apply to wet races
DRIVE THROUGH PENALTY: Penalty will be served during drivers next race after penalty was given. It must be served end of the first lap, tyre and refueling is not allowed. If penalty cannot be served, it will result as -3 penalty points.
SLOW DOWN PENALTY:Standard GTS Penalty for cutting corners, must be served before the race finish and will be served off the racing line, in a safe spot.
LAPPING CARS: Penalty for a lapping accident will fall normally for lapping car. Do not force yourself past a slower car and do not block a faster car.
RACE RESTARTS:. Race can be restarted during first lap: 1) Huge crash because the lag 2) Driver disconnects (allowed once).
If there is a driver causing a restart, he will start last. Also restarts because of a disconnection are only allowed once.
BYE WEEKS: Drivers will only obtain points from their 5 best finishes from 8 races, allowing some drivers to miss the race. Unless driver does not inform conductors about missing a race, he will be given warning. 2nd offense is DT-penalty and 3rd is DSQ or 2nd DT.
MANUFACTURER CHAMPIONSHIP: Manufacturer will get points from its best result in class race, and unlike the drivers championship, manufacturer will get points from all 8 races.

- The qualification period is for all drivers to put in the fastest lap they can to qualify for the race start.
- All drivers must respect other drivers on track and if they are not on a 'hot lap' must be aware of other cars on the track and make best efforts to move off of the racing line for another approaching competitor.
- Race conditions still apply - cars may not stop on track with the exception of recovering from a spin and waiting for an oncoming car to pass.
- Race conditions still apply - Cars must continue around the track in the regulated direction.
- If no longer qualifying, please return to the pits - this can either be done through pause>exit or by driving around to the pits.
- Overtaking of slower cars is to be the sole responsibility of the faster car.
- Any drivers seen in co ntravention of the qualification etiquette will be given a warning and may also be given a grid penalty for multiple offences

Last edited:
Calandar2.jpg

Gr.2 (2016 models):
Honda (2/2) N/A
Nissan (2/2) N/A
Lexus (2/2) N/A

Gr.3:
Audi R8 LMS (2/2) N/A
BMW (All models) (2/2) N/A
Porsche 911 RSR (2/2) N/A
Mazda Atenza Gr.3 (2/2) N/A
Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 (2/2) N/A

Base BoP, applying to all cars (without success ballast)

Gr.2:
Honda NSX CONCEPT-GT: 106% Power / 90% Weight
Nissan GT-R: 106% Power / 90% Weight
Lexus RC F: 106% Power / 90% Weight

Gr.3
Audi R8 LMS: 88% Power / 104% Weight
BMW M6 GT3: 90% Power / 97% Weight
BMW M3 GT: 106% Power / 101% Weight
BMW Z4 GT3: 103% Power / 107% Weight
Ferrari 458 Italia GT3: 96% Power / 105% Weight
Mazda Atenza Gr.3: 99% Power / 99% Weight
Porsche 911 RSR: 101% Power / 102% Weight

Gr.2:
#1 jonimestari91 - Nissan
#59 sota59 - Nissan
#4 de-luck4 - Honda
#32 G4 Rotary - Honda
#93 Hatton93 - Lexus
#21 Spookyluki - Lexus

Gr.3:
#28 Ryslan Zharinov - Audi
#62 Nilsemann2002 - Audi
#54 amuda74 - BMW
#8 John Wanderin - BMW
#14 osully14 - Mazda
#99 RLH_Wesley99 - Mazda
#16 y_bear - Porsche
#29 NS_Mika - Porsche
#79 GTO250 - Ferrari
#33 GTS_BOCA_SAFFA - Ferrari

Season 1:
Gr.3 - GT-EAGLE65
Gr.4 - sota59

Season 2:
Gr.3 - sota59
Gr.4 - Nilsemann2002

Season 3:
Gr.2 - sota59
Gr.3 - xZePhyR96x

Offseason Cup (December 2018, N100/N200/N300):
Nilsemann2002 #62

Season 4:
Gr.2 - sota59
Gr.3 - xZephyR96x

Mazda Roadster Cup (March 2019, N100)
Nilsemann2002

Season 5:
Gr.2 - sota59
Gr.3 - thunder-pigeon

Season 6:
Gr.3 - xZephyR96x
Gr.4 - thunder-pigeon

Season 7:
Gr.3 - xZephyR96x
Gr.4 - Nilsemann2002

Season 8:
Gr.3 - Kobr4K_21
Gr.4 - Road2FURY

Season 9:
Gr.2 - G4Rotary
Gr.3 - Nilsemann2002

Season 10:
Gr.2 - jonimestari91
Gr.3 - Ryslan_Zharinov

Last edited:
Round-1.jpg

GT-MES IS BACK!

After epic Season 10 and Finale in Le Mans, we have taken couple week break.
But Season 11 is now here, many new drivers, but also many returning names. Small rule changes, new calendar.

Nurburgring remains as season opener, for now 11th time. Many drivers have made their debut in here in Germany, for some it has been their first taste of league-racing. As season opener, it is also very popular preseason test-track, testing their new cars, and then seeing how they rank up against others in first race of the season. But often that does not tell full picture. More and more champions do not win in the Round 1. Season is long, ballast and championship system give everybody chance to bounce back later in the season.

Drivers are still regulated to use medium-compound during the race, but tyre wear should be reduced. Fuel instead will play bigger part this season, giving smarter drivers chance to play around in strategy. Performance between classes now bigger than before, and new BoP should even the playing field even more.

Gr2

jonimestari91 finally made it happen, after several seasons, he secured his first championship last season in Le Mans, beating his teammate sota59 by just one point. But drama started right after the season had finished, news broke out that pair had swapped to rival Nissan. sota59 commented chance: ''It was not what we planned for, but we were quite open to prove ourselfs in different car. It is quite a change, lot to learn, but season will be interesting''. 5-time champion sota59 has won in Germany twice before, but not since Season 4, and has recently been outmatched by his teammate in opening round. jonimestari91 has won here once in the past, and kicked off his title run last season with a podium. ''Last season objective was to start the season on podium, 3-4 was positive start, and we are looking for the same. New car is big wild card, we might be off the pace, but experience hopefully gets atleast one of us in to top 3'' - teamboss sota59. Finnish-pair also secured last season their 3rd Manufacturers-title together, and they hope to bring their new team Nissan, its first Manufacturers-title.

After winning Gr2-title in his debut season, G4 Rotary came short defending it. After the season he pushed for the move for Honda, that has won 9-drivers titles and 6-manufacturers titles, he looks to return winning ways. G4 Rotary said: ''First season not in a Nissan, the car feels very different and I don't think we have quite found the sweet spot for setup yet. The GTR was easier to be consistent with but I think the NSX has more potential, and we will unlock that potential as the season develops. It will be interesting to see how the new Lexus-guys deal with strategy and lapping Gr3-cars. I have a feeling that no race will be easy.'' Danish de-luck4 joins him as teammate, after doing couple races together last season. He lacks experience compered to favorites, but is hardworker, that will surely be key for him and his team. He said that his goals for the season are to get used to Gr2-cars, and get clean races under him, but also help his teammate in title fight.''

Lexus has proven to be good car recent seasons, and Spookyluki and Hatton93 look for good debut season. They are up against it, facing 3 drivers that have won last 5 Gr2-titles. Both drivers are looking for good battles in their first season in multi-class racing, consistency and clean races should get them results as season goes on. And rookies could always bee dark horses already in Round 1...

Gr3

Audi was the team to beat last season in Gr3, and it was Ryslan Zharinov that won the drivers title. Effort from Nils almost helped team to reach Manufacturers-title as well, but came short. German-manufacturer is keeping the line-up same, making them favorites in Gr3 once again. 3-time champion Nils commented his chances: ''I'm really hoping to get some Podiums throughout the season and consistent results for the team. I don't expect any wins but a very, very close grid with a lot of racing everywhere you look!'' Reminder that he did not expect wins last season either, but he ended up starting the season with his 5th home win, when Ryslan Zharinov ran out of the fuel couple corners to go. ''The participants are strong and I will try to give them a fight this Saturday!'' said the defending champion.

After just coming short of the title, RLH_Wesley99 was selected driver of the season. 6-race long podium streak, 3 of them wins, including the masterclass in wet Spa. He has made move to Mazda in the offseason, returning manufacturer to GT-MES. ''I'm hoping to have a good season like last season again and hope to clinch the title in this season''. Dutchman starts the season as one of the biggest favorites, but dont count out his teammate osully14, driver that also won race last season. ''Hope to keep more consistent this season. Mazda feels a very good car so want to capitalise on the chances I may have. Looking forward to the new season''. Hopefully he does not have technical issues that he suffered last season.

Ferrari
also returning the series, after one season away. They make good signing with GTS_BOCA_SAFFA, driver that won 2 races last season in Gr2, including one in Nurburgring. He has complained his new car being unstable, but if he can overcome it, he should be one of the favorites. He is joined in the team by GTO250GTO from Germany, will be interesting to see what he is able to do.

Golden Bear Motorsports has been represented by amuda74 last couple seasons, now with teamboss John Wanderin, American team is ready to challenge in BMW. amuda74 has time to time shown flashes of his speed, but inconsistency has kept him away from any major results. ''I’m optimistic going in to round 1; the car feels much better than last season, but we struggle a lot with front tire wear so I guess we’ll have to see how the others are managing it''. He will keep to improve, and you can expect him to challenge for podiums in some races this season. John Wanderin has competed in other SRF-leagues in the past, look out for him aswell.

Porsche has in past 4 season won 12 races, their driver has finished 3 times runner up in championship, and they have secured 2 Manufacturers-titles. They are still looking to win their first drivers title since Season 2, and Nukeshot Motorsport might deliver that. y_bearr_ and NS_Mika_46 might be making their GT-MES debut, but are no rookies in the racing business. ''I hope i can do well. I'm really rusty, as this is gonna be my first full season of racing since NES Season 5. I hope i can score some good points, and maybe with some luck a podium, I am mostly focusing on consistency and see where we can take it. and look where we are in the field Saturday''. y_bearr_ might be the most realistic driver in Round 1 to expect result from, as he has recently performed fell in ARS-championship,

Round-2.jpg

Japan!

After epic season opener in Nurburgring, we leave Europe for while, and head to Japan, and legendary track of Suzuka.
Suzuka is highly technical, narrow track. Small room for error, driver skill and good setup will be big factor. Traffic will be issues in wrong time and tyre wear is something to think about.
We learned much in Round 1, of how everyone is lining up in their class, but expect quite different results, as it was tight in both classes, and ballast changes to top cars.

Gr2

Lexus starts yet again season on top, with Spookyluki winning in Germany. He jumped to lead just before first pitstop, and made himself nice gap in traffic and new tyres. But issue with fuel cost him plenty of time, and only just made it to the finish line. ''Underfuelled at the end and had to fuel save but race was very fun, and very happy to start with a win''. His teammate Hatton93 made his way up to 4th in opening stint, but struggled with medium in the end. Spookyluki has been hit by heavy ballast due the win, but Hatton93 is positive about teams chances this weekend: ''I'm confident, the Lexus feels great around Suzuka and hopefully I'll be quick, aiming for a podium this time''.

Nissan had big chances during offseason, but it was great start, as sota59 started the season with second place. He swapped places with his teammate jonimestari91 at the start, climbing in to 3rd and then up to 2nd before pitstops. He failed to take advantage of fresh tyres, and could not keep up with the leader, but in final stint in mediums, he almost caught him in the end. jonimestari91 started on mediums and struggled, dropping from 3rd to 5th. He made time back in soft-tyres, but in the end laps ran out. ''Overall it was great start to the season with second place, after being bit confused by new car. Suzuka will be a struggle for both, and main goal will be to keep cars on the road'' sota59 commented their chances this weekend.

Honda also seen some changes, but G4 Rotary looked strong. Pole and clean start, but mistake dropped him to 3rd. Strong stint in mediums looked like big comeback was on, but in the end, he only just missed out on possible win, after setting red hot pace end of the race. But he showed his potential, and looks strong ahead of Suzuka: ''I'm hoping my rivals will struggle. Spookyluki is carrying a lot of extra weight and sota59 is reporting issues at Suzuka. I like the circuit and have been fast in Gr3 cars there before. But its very easy to let small mistakes turn into big crashes with the grass being so close to the track through the high speed sections''. Round 1 was struggle for de-luck4, including warning for accident. More learning coming in Japan, and he is hoping to just get clean race.

Gr3

Mazda returned GT-MES with a bang, 1-2 in Quali for osully14 and RLH_Wesley99. Technical issues meant RLH_Wesley99 could not start the race for second season running, but osully14 took the point to home. Clean start from pole, fastest lap and race win. Winner commented: ''Mazda felt like it was on rails all race. I knew I had a bit extra pace compared to the rest but not by that much. Shame about Wesley, it would have been a close race between us''. RLH_Wesley99 has no ballast unlike his teammate and closest rivals, so you can expect him to be red hot favorite in Suzuka, but watch osully14 getting good result again.

Ferrari also had strong start to their season back in GT-MES, GTS_BOCA_SAFFA finishing second in his return to Gr3. But there was potential for maybe more, after getting major damage in first lap accident, dropping down to field after pitstop. He quickly made his way back, securing important points. His teammate GTO250GTO was at times fighting for fourth place, but ended up 6th: ''My overall pace wasn't great and I had to make 3 stops because my tire wear is awful. Also I had a very bad headache yesterday which didn't help with focus. Considering that it was a good race. I kept the car on the track.''. German is not expecting much from Suzuka, but his teammate GTS_BOCA_SAFFA should be back fighting for podium.

Audi had a bit mixed homerace. Nils was running 4th after the start, but accident ahead wiped him out, and struggled to get feeling afterwards, finishing 7th. Ryslan Zharinov made his way in to 2nd after first lap mayhem, but pace was quite there, and dropped to third. Good start for reigning champion anyway, and word is that he is on the pace in Suzuka, with small rivalry sparking between him and osully14 this week. Nils should also bounce back.

Porsche was hoping for bit better start, y_bearr_ was running 3rd before accident, and but could make his way back to 4th, beating his teammate NS_Mika_46, who finished 5th. NS_Mika_46 cant make the race due personal reasons, but y_bearr_ is looking to fight for podiums, and have clean race.

BMW had tough start, amuda74 was running as lone driver, could not keep up with the others. Weight cut should get him in to the fight, but podium fight might be out of the reach. John Wanderin will be making his debut.

Back