SRF GT-MES Season 11 | FINISHED

Round-3.jpg

AMERICA!

Last week we visited Suzuka, Japan, and saw very exciting race for both classes, what was decided by consistansy, with many mistakes.
Traffic was issue for both classes, and now as we head to tight, and short circuit, you can expect it to be even bigger issue. Winner has to get good feeling and momentum for the race, time pitstops well and hope bit of luck with traffic.
Couple drivers have had great start to their championship-campaigns, some need big result to restart their season.

Gr2

Honda returned winning ways, as G4 Rotary took win from pole. It was not straight forward though, as many drivers behind him were faster, but he kept the car on the road unlike others, and now is in lead of the championship. Honda was running 1-2 for first half of the race, de-luck4 even took lead after first pitstops. Accident while lapping backmarker eventually dropped him down the field, and finished 6th. Championship leader G4 Rotary now has heaviest car, but is optimistic ahead of the race in his favorite track, were he won in Season 9, so he is one to watch yet again: ''The race will be decided by who deals with the traffic the best and who can create a strategy around that''. Last season he lead half the race, but ended up 3rd after pitstop error. de-luck4 has least heaviest car in the class right now, and his speed was good last weekend, and he enjoys Laguna Seca. If he can have clean race, he will contend for podium, or even win.

Lexus might not have won this time, but second place by Hatton93 was excellent results. There was potential for more though, but couple mistakes cost him dear. Round 1 winner Spookyluki was struggled in Japan, and finished 5th. More positive ahead of this weekend though: ''It's gonna be a challenge of not getting caught up in traffic or getting damage, so I probably won't be the fastest but I may be the most consistent''. Both cars should contend atleast for podium this weekend.

Honda went to Suzuka with small expectations, but ended up with solid 3rd and 4th, maybe potential for the win without mistakes: ''Podium was a surprise, but overall race was disappointment for us both, because we had keys to win the race with either car, but silly mistakes cost us.'' said sota59 who took his second podium of the year. Last seasons champion jonimestari91 has not been on podium this season yet, but has one of the lightest cars as a results. sota59 hopes to repeat his victory from last season, but his teammate might be man to beat.

Gr3

Porsche been the team to beat in Gr3 for several seasons now, and they opened their win-account for this season as y_bearr_ won in Suzuka. Started from pole, almost lost the lead in opening laps, fell to second after first stops, but strategy worked and found himself in the lead in last couple laps, to take his first GT-MES win. That form might carry out to Laguna Seca, with consistansy will be key: ''The car feels good, not as fast as i expected, but consistent. Podium still possible''. NS_Mika_46 had to miss last weekends race, but should be back for Round 3.

Mazda was strongest car in Round 1, and they continued their strong form in Japan, with double podium. RLH_Wesley99 got to start this time without technical issues, and even challenged for the lead in opening laps. But there was contact, damage meant that he was jumped during first pitstops, and was running from behind for most of the race. osully14 instead took the lead after first pitstops and held it for while, but lost out in the end, and was in the end overtaken by his teammate and had to settle for third. This results keeps him in the championship lead though, has heaviest car as a result, but still expect good race: ''Keep the consistency going. Car is feeling heavy now with ballast but confident of a good result''. RLH_Wesley, who won here last season: ''Hoping to get some good points again, not my favourite track but I think I can get a podium''.

Audi has not maybe had start to the season they had hoped for, but everything is still possible. Ryslan Zharinov had to retire from podium battle last weekend due technical issues, while Nils again had big crash, but managed to recover to 4th place. 3-time champion, who won in Laguna Seca is hopeful of better luck: ''I'm hoping, and I mean I'm really hoping, this weekend will be an improvement compared to the last 2 weeks. Laguna Seca is easily my least favorite track of the calendar, especially after last season, but I had a good GT500 race there a couple of weeks ago, so I'm hoping this can be repeated tomorrow''. Zharinov in other car is hoping for clean race, and finish the race, unlike last weekend.

Ferrari had weekend to forget, GTS_BOCA_SAFFA that had started the season with podium, could not start the race and GTO250GTO finishing 5th after struggling.
German is more optimistic ahead of Laguna Seca though: ''I like Laguna Seca so I'm moderately optimistic, which doesn't mean much because I lack pace''. If no technical issues for his teammate, you can see GTS_BOCA_SAFFA fighting for the win.

BMW struggled, amuda74 could not start the race, John Wanderin made his debut but finished far behind others, and had some accidents, earning him penalty for this weekend. amuda74 was fast last season here, so he could surprise us here.

Round-4.jpg

Hitting midseason!

Season has got to good start, 3 different winners in both classes, and multiple potential winners still contending. But those who had slower start to the season, need to pick up results quickly. This is critical race for many, championship leaders are on height of their ballast, this basically should be their toughest race of the season. This is also last round of the season, that wont give ballast to last round, Le Mans Finale.
Last 2 races were really tough, technical tracks and we saw lot of mistakes. Interlagos is also technical, but there should be more room for error.

Gr2

Lexus
won again, when their reserve driver TSR_JoeToGuy dominated from start to finish. This increases their advantage in manufacturers battle, but it was not good weekend for their drivers title hopes. Hatton93 had to miss race due technical issues, while Spookyluki once again had difficult race. Round 1 winner is struggling to adjust to ballast, but it should start to comeback to his favor. Meanwhile his teammate Hatton93 is excited to be back: ''Glad to be getting back racing, its gonna be tricky with strategy but hopefully we can get back on the podium and fight for the race win''. He could indeed be one to watch this weekend.

Nissan was on podium once again, with their drivers finishing second and third. sota59 was about to take championship lead with second place, but small mistake dropped him behind his teammate jonimestari91 in closing stages. It was also first podium of the season for reigning champion jonimestari91, and he needs to keep getting points, to be able to defend his title in Le Mans. sota59 commented: ''It was disappointment not to be able to challenge for win last week, but we are confident going in to Interlagos, track were i have personally done well, and joni should be strong with his lighter car. We need to get win soon''. Last time either of the drivers did not finish on podium, was Season 9, Round 6, 13 races ago.

Honda had difficult weekend, after highs of Japan. Championship-leader G4 Rotary qualified surprise second, but made several mistakes and struggled with tyres, finishing 4th. de-luck4 had problems in opening laps, ending up 3 laps down after first 5 minutes. He has now quite significant ballast advantage, so pressure to get results start be big. He needs to keep his car on the road first. G4 Rotary told us though that teams pace is not strong according to testing.

Gr3

Mazda has been team to beat this season. Championship-leader osully14 was set to win his second race of the season, but was taken out, still finishing stong third. RLH_Wesley99 took the win in the end with smart tactics. Both cars are starting to be quite heavy due ballast, but both drivers looking for a win or atleast podium this weekend. ''I’m out to win this one. Going to do everything I can to get the best result'' said osully14. Win indeed would give him quite a strong hand in title battle for rest of the season.

Audi returned to podium after difficult Japan-trip. Ryslan Zharinov started on pole, but was overtaken at the start. He returned in to lead after osully14's accident, but ended up second in the end. Nils had another difficult race, third at the start, but spin dropped him off, ended up finishing 5th. Even after tough start to the seasom, he is positive ahead of Interlagos: ''Interlagos is clearly one of my favorite circuits and I still have no ballast in my car. If nothing unscheduled happens, I'm hoping for a podium!''.

Porsche could not repeat Japan-success, y_bearr_ had good pace, but mistakes dropped him from podium fight, to 4th. He is positive though for Brazil, hoping to win: ''I am always good at Interlagos and my car is fast also, the track layout favor mid engined car so yeah let see if I can win it''. His teammate NS_Mika_46 had to miss last 2 races due personal reasons, let see if he can make this one.

Ferrari has had difficult start to the season, that continued in USA, with GTS_BOCA_SAFFA retiring, and GTO250GTO finishing 6th. GTS_BOCA_SAFFA needs to start getting results, to keep up with leaders and he sounds positive of his chances: ''Feeling good, the training race I had with GTO last night went well, tire wear is coming down and stability is going up!''.

BMW is hoping for better luck this weekend, amuda74 has failed to start last 2 races, he hopes problem solved for now. John Wanderin has pulled out due several on track accidents.

Round-5.jpg

Vica el Espanol!

We start second part of SRF GT-MES Season 11 in Barcelona, Spain. Barcelona will be bit different compered to previous circuits, so it might favor different cars and drivers. Long straight, so fast corners, but also some slow corners. It will be evening race, so drivers must get used to low light and grip.
As we head for final part of the season, some drivers are looking for big result, to set their place in title fight in Le Mans. Some hope to get good momentum from here, to get back some points lost earlier this season.

Gr2

Honda returned winning ways, with de-luck4 driving smart race from start to finish to take his first win in GT-MES. G4 Rotary struggled, and only finished 5th, but he is still in championship lead, and now has less ballast, so he is hoping to return to the podium after couple hard races. His teammate de-luck4 will be missing this race, and considering he is already 15 points behind his teammate, his title chances are slim when he returns, even with only 5-results counting.

Lexus keeping their impressive run going, Hatton93 took a pole, and just missed out on victory, after going for aggressive 3-stop tactic in Brazil. Spookyluki struggled a bit again, finishing 6th and had accident again, earning himself Drive Through-penalty for this weekends race. He is still confident he can get a result here, and some important points. Spookyluki has now lightest car, while Hatton93 has heaviest, but expect both to be on the pace in Barcelona.

Nissan again yet so close, but so far no victory. sota59 took lead at the start, and was in the lead for most of the race, but had to do extra pitstop due mistake, dropping to 4th behind his teammate jonimestari91. They have been on podium in each race, but start to need winning: ''Frustrating to miss out on victory, right now we both need it and Nissan needs it. If we dont win here or Monza next week, we are pretty much out of the title fight' - said sota59 ahead of this weekends race. jonimestari91 famously won in Barcelona in Season 5, but struggled last season, when track returned to calendar, and it was sota59 who then dominated. Both now in different car, and still looking for first win in Nissan.

Gr3

Ferrari is finally back in top step, with GTS_BOCA_SAFFA taking brilliant victory in Brazil, nailing strategy to perfection. It is big result, after having couple difficult weeks, now he looks like title challenger again. He reacted to this weekends race: ''Barcelona will make for some interesting racing and will suit some drivetrains more than others in certain parts of the track''. Podium again for South African would be big. His teammate GTO250GTO also enjoyed Brazil, his best race by far, even though result does not show it. Will be interesting if he can also keep momentum going.

Audi again big podium, Ryslan Zharinov jumping to fourth to second in last corner of the race in Brazil. Nils started from pole, but again finished outside the podium.
3-time champion Nils has had difficult start to the season, of then had the speed, but no luck. He is still one to watch every weekend, but championship seems difficult without big races. His teammate Ryslan Zharinov says he is as hungry now, as he was last season, to win, and defend his title. He was very fast last season here, so watch out for him.

Mazda still team to beat in Gr3 thought, osully14 yet again fighting for win, only to be collided. Still was able to take his 4th podium in 4 races, increasing his advantage in championship. He now has lighter car than previous round, but Mazda was give slight power decrease. Still, he is one of the favorites to win in Spain, and his rivals have hands full, to narrow the gap in championship. RLH_Wesley99 in other Mazda was hoping to get good result, and get big points, but has to miss the race.

Porsche experiencing difficult season, y_bearr_ only finishing 7th in last weekends race. NS_Mika_46 had to yet again miss a race, and this weekend he is teams only hope, when teamleader y_bearr_ cant race.

BMW driver amuda74 might had his most impressive race last weekend, but due competitive field, only finished 8th. But he is confident, and soon that should turn in to results. He is hoping for podium in Spain, if everything clicks together.

Round-6.jpg

Italy!!!

We go to fast Monza next, with championship battle in Le Mans getting closer and closer. Some drivers have earned their ticket, some still need one results, some need luck.

Gr2

Nissan finally returned winning ways, sota59 taking his first victory for Nissan in Barcelona. He said: ''It was massive win for me and the team, great feeling to know i will have chance for title in Le Mans, until then, pressure off''. jonimestari91 looks more and more unlikely to defend his title, and is set to be playing wing man for his teammate in remaining races.

Honda and G4 Rotary got big result in Spain, with second place, keeping hopes alive in both championships. Season 9 Gr2-champion will miss Round 7, so Monza is his last chance to pick up points ahead of Le Mans, podium would be important. His teammate de-luck4 missed last weeks race, after his win in Brazil. He is pretty much out of the championship fight, and says he is not feeling confident ahead of Monza, but he is hardest working driver in the grid, so dont count him out for podium.

Lexus keeping strong in Manufacturers-battle, and they need to keep results coming. Spookyluki got back to the podium, despite penalty and technical issues. Hatton93 struggled, and he will miss race in Monza. He will return in with tiny chances to get in to championship battle, but Spookyluki seems to be in strongest position in the team.

Gr3

Audi also took their first win of the season, in hands of Nils. It has his first win since Round 1 of Season 10. ''During my second stint I realized what a massive chance I had to win, even though I still had concerns about my final stint on Mediums. My last stint on Mediums felt like an eternity - Saffa was on Softs there and clearly faster with more laps being driven - and traffic didn't make it easier''. His teammate Ryslan Zharinov was crashed out in first lap, and struggled rest of the race. Belarusian now needs to find way to victory in Monza or Spa, to get his chance to defend title in Le Mans, but is not hopeful of his chances this weekend. Nils pretty much needs another win to enter championship battle, but he already has beaten his objective for this season.

Ferrari and GTS_BOCA_SAFFA keep on the top form, almost winning again, but ended up getting his second 2nd place of the season. Another driver that will miss Spa next week, so this is his last chance to improve his chances. He does not need big result, but podium would be big: ''Going to be interesting to see the different plans going into the Temple of Speed. Save fuel and overtake in the pits or push and make on track overtakes? Will be very interesting''. His teammate GTO250GTO has kept improving in other car.

Mazda and osully14 still going strong. Caught out by accident again, but still managed to drive home for his 4th 3rd place in a row. He remains in big championship lead, but big result from rival, and his lead for Le Mans is gone. RLH_Wesley99 returns, and he needs big result to get in to championship battle, will be tough, he has heaviest car in the grid due ballast.

Porsche looks like to have toughest season in long while, but y_bearr_ is confident ahead of race this weekend: ''From previous races I was fast but impatient, so I need calm a bit. The car is good, I will try different setup approach, hope I can win it''. Win would be much needed to cut gap to top. NS_Mika_46 had accident last week, but had good speed in quali. He has penalty serve in Monza, but is hopeful for a result.

BMW is set to end their season stronger than they started. amuda74 had impressive race again last week, and is known to be strong in Monza. He is joined by Kristo this week in the team, he will be black horse.

Round-7.jpg

RAIN IN BELGIUM

Maybe most difficult race of the season is here, Spa, in wet weather. Drivers skills will be highlighted, also preparation has been huge for everyone, to get ready for clean and consistent performance this weekend.
This is 7th race of the season, and final chance to enter title battle, or improve your chances in Le Mans. There are couple drivers that could jump in with a big result.

Gr2

It looked like it might not be Honda's day in Monza, de-luck4 struggled for speed and had crashed, G4 Rotary after early lead had dropped bit behind, but going in to final lap he had caught the leading drivers, and ended up exiting final corner in first position, and took his second win of the season, and repeated his victory in Monza from last season. He is now back in championship lead, but wont take part in Spa, NS_Zokeo_9 instead making his debut in Honda. de-luck4 is struggling in testing, and is just hoping to get clean race as possible.

Lexus looked like it had all set for 1-2, but Spookyluki slipped up in final lap from lead, and TSR_JoeToGuy ran out of the fuel. Still double podium, but they now lost Manufacturers lead. Hatton93 will make his return, and even though he has chance for title if he wins this weekend, team's main contender is Spookyluki. Hatton93 is confident for good result, but Spookyluki is struggling with technical issues.

Nissan
had race to forget, not even close to leaders, finishing 4th and 5th, after expecting to even fight for a win. sota59 has set his place in title fight, but is looking to increase his chances, if possible, in Le Mans: ''Second place would be massive, dont think pace is there to win, just focusing on keeping car on the road''. His teammate jonimestari91 does not look to be able to defend his title, and main focus now is help his teammate to title.

Gr3

Mazda
has been team to beat in Gr3 this season, and now is top of Manufacturers Standings, as osully14 won his second race of the season. RLH_Wesley99 finished 3rd, keeping his title hopes alive, but will be bit behind in Le Mans, as he cant secure that 4th podium in Spa. osully14 is in lead of the championship, and is looking to improve his chances even further.

Ferrari and GTS_BOCA_SAFFA staying in top form with another podium in Spa, and now is in excellent spot ahead of Le Mans. He is expecting to struggle in Spa this weekend though. GTO250GTO has been improving, had accident in race, but still finished solid 5th.

BMW had their best race of the season, amuda74 finishing 4th, even fighting for podium. He is confident of his chances in rain, and hopes to take that first podium finally. He is joined by RLH_Shxrt77: ''Looking forward to making my debut this weekend. I’m not too sure what to expect, as I won’t be on my usual rig since my brother is racing in LoE on it on Saturday, so I’ll be using out second rig. Spa in the wet will be a challenge since i’ve never raced in those conditions before (except for in real life) so it will be interesting for sure!''

Audi had nightmare race, Ryslan Zharinov again had first lap accident, finishing only 6th, and Nils finished last. Nils commented: ''I'm hoping for a better race than last weekend, the Audi should be better on this track than last week at Monza, especially with the rain. Let's see what the race brings, but I'm hoping for a top 5!''
Ryslan Zharinov still has small chance for title, big result in Spa would go long way, but is not confident.

Porsche has been one of the top teams long time, but not this season. Y_bearr_ started on pole in Monza, but ended up only 7th, and is looking very unlikely to challenge for title. NS_Mika_46 has had difficult season, but is hoping for better: ''I hope to finally get a good result in after issues last time round and we shall see where we end. I expect a lot of carnage to happen as we are driving in the rain and hopefully i can keep it together and score some good points''.

Back