SRF GT-MES Season 15: Finished

Germany
Kassel, Hesse, Germany
Nilsemann2002
header.png

Welcome to SRF GT-MES Season 15!
For this season we have some major and big changes when it comes to cars and categories: Gr4 will return for the first time since season 8 in late 2019 and the new top class is going to be Gr3 - This switch allows us to return to tracks like Mt. Panorama and Kyoto!
If you have any questions about the series, our organizers @sota59, @deluck4 @Emilius_73 and @Nilsemann2002 are there to help! Feel free to post them below or send us a DM! :)

Last edited:
calendar.png

The SRF GT-MES is a championship with 8 races per season, with the races being hosted on a weekly basis. It features Gr3 and Gr4 cars, competing in 40-minute* endurance races. Gr3 is meant to be the class targeted at the most competitive drivers, while Gr4 will be the category perfectly suited for drivers that are trying to get more experienced. As missing races is very likely, only points from the 5 best finishes will be counting towards the championship and Extra points are going to be awarded for the final race.
While balance of performance will be off, all cars will be subject to manually adjusted power/weight settings. After a race, point and weight adjustments will be distributed to the drivers, with more of each going to the higher-placed competitors. A maximum of 2 drivers can race with the same car manufacturer per class, and manufacturers can only appear in one class.

GT-MES is part of Sim Racing Federation, and follows the SRF guidelines and uses their driver-license system.
GT-MES adjustments and penalties listed later in the document linked below:
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AqAqGgRNcV-oiWGZ6ZyeoxMYqE30
*The last race of the Season will be 60 minutes long.
Race Type: 40-minute endurance race (1h for the final race)
Start Type: In-game rolling start
Tire/Fuel settings: 5x/5x
Mechanical damage: Heavy
Visible damage: On
Tuning: Allowed
Tire Selection: RM-RS-RSS (see TYRE RULES!)
tyres.png
Corner cutting penalties: Weak
Flags and other penalties: On
Boost: Off
Slipstream: Realistic
Countersteering Assistance: Not Allowed
To get on the entry list, please dm me, @Emilius_73, @deluck4 or @sota59

You should tell the following information:
-Car (make sure it’s available)
-Category
-PSN
-Number
  • September 25th Nurburgring - GP (Morning 8:00)
  • October 9th Kyoto - Yamagiwa (Noon 11:30)
  • October 16th Mount Panorama (Night 18:15)
  • October 23rd Interlagos (Sunset 19:15)
  • October 30th Blue Moon Bay - Infield A (Morning 8:30)
  • November 6th Spa-Francorchamps - WET (Dusk 20:30)
  • November 13th Sardegna Road Track - B (I) (Morning 7:00)
  • November 20th Le Mans* (Afternoon 15:00)
*Final race of the season, 60min and 1,5x points
All times given are in GMT - Clock change in October 31. 7.00pm -> 8.00pm

7:00 PM - Lobby opens and Qualifying begins
7:25 PM - Qualifying ends, and short Warm Up starts
7:30 PM - Race begins
8:10 PM - Race ends
  • Technical details are being checked, the race result will be confirmed and points given shortly after the race
  • 1 hour time period to report accidents to admins, accidents will be reviewed
Gr3 Cars:
  • Black official window-decal
  • Black GT-MES number plate on sides and front - Special for champion
  • Yellow headlights
  • Race number on roof of the car, personal style
  • SRF-logo’s in rear- and front-bumpers, clearly
Gr4 Cars:
  • White official window-decal
  • White GT-MES number plate on sides and front - Special for champion
  • White headlights
  • Race number on roof of the car, personal style
  • SRF-logo’s in rear- and front-bumpers, clearly
Single livery restriction, small changes (15%) allowed

Gr3 Numberplate: https://www.gran-turismo.com/de/gts.../activities/decal/1310715/8142513695318081560

Gr3 Numberplate (Champion): https://www.gran-turismo.com/de/gts.../activities/decal/1310715/8142513703908017176

Gr4 Numberplate: https://www.gran-turismo.com/de/gts.../activities/decal/1310715/8142513694915429392

Gr4 Numberplate (Champion): https://www.gran-turismo.com/de/gts.../activities/decal/1310715/8152083841976107024

The mandatory number font can be found on this profile: https://www.gran-turismo.com/de/gtsport/user/profile/1310715/gallery/decal

SRF-Logo
https://www.gran-turismo.com/de/gts.../activities/decal/9516165/8440405408756039680
Position/Points
1st/20
2nd/15
3rd/12
4th/9
5th/7
6th/5
7th/3
8th/2

1 point for the fastest lap in each category (Doesn't apply if the car in question got lapped by the leader in it's category)
1.5x points for the final race at Le Mans, which will have a distance of 60min instead of 40min
At the end of any race, drivers need to adjust the weight of the car (driver’s choice) to accommodate to all skill levels across a particular class and will be applied as follows:
Place in category/ticks
1st: +5
2nd: +3
3rd: +2
-
8th: -1

Success Ballast stays for drivers next 3 race starts. Maximum ballast is +15%
  • Ballast reduction will not be given for drivers that have won race or scored 2 podiums during the season
  • If driver finishes on position to be given negative ballast, they will not receive ballast reduction if they get fastest lap
  • If a driver gets a time-penalty, they cannot earn more negative ballast. But drivers moving up position will earn negative ballast as per their new finishing position.
  • Stewards hold the right to not to give ballast relieve to drivers that might have earned them under suspicious circumstances
Participants are expected to report accidents or cheating within 1 hour from the race finish.
Admins may review accidents even if not reported.
Each accident will be judged by stewards, and they will give penalties they see fitting to crime. Previous accidents during the season will work as preferences as the season goes on. Repeating crime will mean harsher penalties.
  • Warning
  • Qualifying ban
  • 5 second-penalty
  • 10 second-penalty
  • Drive Through-penalty
  • DSQ from the race
  • DSQ from the championship

• Running more BHP or less kg than in BoP given to them, the driver will get straight DSQ from that race.
  • Failing to use all 3 tyre compounds will also earn the driver straight DSQ from that race.
  • Unsporting behavior will earn driver harsh penalty, deliberate crash will earn driver DSQ from race and the championship + ban to all SRF events
  • Failing to show up to race without notification will earn you Warning -> Drive through penalty -> etc
  • Rage Quiting will also be penalised.
If Drive Through penalty cannot be served, it will become -3 point penalty

TIRE RULES:
  • Driver must use all 3 tire compounds (Medium, Soft, SuperSoft) during the race.
  • Supersofts cannot be used during qualifying.
tyres.png
DRIVE THROUGH PENALTY: Penalty will be served during drivers next race after penalty was given. It must be served end of the first lap, tyre and refueling is not allowed. Failing to serve it, will multiply the penalty

SLOW DOWN PENALTY: Penalty cutting corners, must be served before the race finish, and will be served off the racing line, in safe spot.

LAPPING CARS: As per SRF rules, penalty for a lapping accident will fall normally for lapping car. Do not force yourself past slower car, and do not block faster car. Gr3 drives on his own racingline.

RACE RESTARTS: If admin decides race cant continue after the race start, he will call restart. If race cant be restarted within 30 minutes, race will be postponed to next week, or shortened.

BYE WEEKS: Drivers will only obtain points from their 5 best finishes from 8 races, allowing some drivers to miss the race. Unless driver does not inform conductors about missing a race, he will be given penalty.
It is also considered good sport to inform about missing the race early as possible, atleast day before, and informing only hour or less before session, will result in penalty.

MANUFACTURER CHAMPIONSHIP: Manufacturer will get points from its best result in class race, and unlike drivers championship, manufacturer will get points from all 8 races.

QUALI-SESSION:
  • The qualification period is for all drivers to put in the fastest lap they can to qualify for the race start.
  • All drivers must respect other drivers on track and if they are not on a 'hot lap' must be aware of other cars on the track and make best efforts to move off of the racing line for another approaching competitor.
  • Race conditions still apply - cars may not stop on track with the exception of recovering from a spin and waiting for an oncoming car to pass.
  • If no longer qualifying, please return to the pits - this can either be done through pause>exit or by driving around to the pits.
  • Overtaking of slower cars is to be the sole responsibility of the faster car.
  • Any drivers seen in contravention of the qualification etiquette will be given a warning and may also be given a grid penalty for multiple offences

TECHNICAL ISSUES:
If competitor has issues during stuck check, he is given up to 5 minutes time to reboot.
That competitor and other competitors reported to suffer from internet issues, will be set to back of the grid, to reduce risk to other competitors. If multiple cases, order is decided by admins, worst case starting from last. If there is restart, and competitor has proven not to suffer from issues anymore, he may return to his original position.

DRIVER LICENSE:
Details in SRF Rulebook
Admins will report license point changes to SRF after every raceweek. SRF may give driver race suspension, if his license drops too low. Drivers are not required to use decal’s related to their license.

Last edited:
entrylist.png
Car Availability (A=Available; N/A=Not Available):

Gr.3
Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2013) (2/2) N/A
Subaru WRX Gr3 (2/2) N/A
Mercedes AMG GT3 (2016) (2/2) N/A
Ford Mustang Gr3 (2/2) N/A

Gr.4
Toyota GR Supra (2019 Nürburgring) (2/2) N/A
Lexus RC F Gr4 (1/2) A
Honda NSX Gr4 (2/2) N/A
Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport (2016) (2/2) N/A

Base BoP, applying to all cars (without success ballast)

Gr3:
Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2013): 98% Power / 95% Weight
Subaru WRX Gr3: 102% Power / 99% Weight
Mercedes AMG GT3 (2016): 87% Power / 95% Weight
Ford Mustang Gr3: 96% Power / 89% Weight

Gr4:
Toyota GR Supra (2019 Nürburgring): 85% Power / 102% Weight
Lexus RC F Gr4: 86% Power / 96% Weight
Honda NSX Gr4: 87% Power / 107% Weight
Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport (2016): 86% Power / 110% Weight

Switching cars mid-season isn't allowed
Gr3:
#4 de_luck4 - Subaru WRX Gr.3
#10 Freddude - Subaru WRX Gr.3
#23 TSR_Tomsoft - Ford Mustang Gr.3
#27 crazyjohn_25 - Ford Mustang Gr.3
#27 TSR_JoeToGuy - Mercedes AMG GT3 (2016)
#42 TSR_Swablu - Mercedes AMG GT3 (2016)
#17 Mr.TkS17 - Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2013)
#99 Wesley_VR_99 - Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2013)

Gr4:
#54 amuda74 - Toyota GR Supra (2019 Nürburgring)
#57 thunderpigeon - Honda NSX Gr4
#59 sota__59 - Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport (2016)
#62 Nilsemann2002 - Toyota GR Supra (2019 Nürburgring)
#72 doc-shipman - Honda NSX Gr4
#79 GTO250GTO - Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport (2016)
#73 Emilius73 - Lexus RC F Gr.4
Season 1:
Gr.3 - GT-EAGLE65
Gr.4 - sota59

Season 2:
Gr.3 - sota59
Gr.4 - Nilsemann2002
Manufacturer: Honda

Season 3:
Gr.2 - sota59
Gr.3 - xZePhyR96x

Offseason Cup (December 2018, N100/N200/N300):
Nilsemann2002

Season 4:
Gr.2 - sota59
Gr.3 - xZephyR96x

Mazda Roadster Cup (March 2019, N100)
Nilsemann2002

Season 5:
Gr.2 - sota59
Gr.3 - thunder-pigeon

Season 6:
Gr.3 - xZephyR96x
Gr.4 - thunder-pigeon

Season 7:
Gr.3 - xZephyR96x
Gr.4 - Nilsemann2002
Manufacturer: Porsche

Season 8:
Gr.3 - Kobr4K_21
Gr.4 - Road2FURY

Season 9:
Gr.2 - G4Rotary
Gr.3 - Nilsemann2002
Manufacturer: Porsche

Season 10:
Gr.2 - jonimestari91
Gr.3 - Ryslan_Zharinov

Season 11:
Gr.2 - jonimestari91
Gr.3 - RLH_Wesley99
Manufacturer: Mazda

Season 12:
Gr.2 - Nilsemann2002
Gr.3 - TSR_JoeToGuy

Season 13:
Gr.2 - TSR_JoeToGuy
Gr.3 - TSR_Tomsoft

Season 14:
Gr.2 - TSR_JoeToGuy
Gr.3 - de_luck4
Manufacturer: Toyota

Last edited:
Round-1.png

GT-MES IS BACK!!!

We are back racing this weekend, with lot of changes!
Gr2-class has been replaced, Gr3-class being now Top Class and Gr4 returning to be Lower Class.
Gr3 field has some of the top drivers and it is set to be epic battle, while Gr4 looks also very close.
Lot of cars have also changed, only Subaru has stayed in Gr3.

Nurburgring is hosting season opener like always. It is circuit everybody knows well, so we should have quite equal field. Gr3-drivers can easily compere data to previous seasons, but Gr4 have lot to learn, especially this weekend.
Tyre wear has always been quite significant in Nurburgring, there might be quite difference between order in Qualifying, and in the Race.

Gr3

Mercedes
is returning to GT-MES! They have had up and down adventure in GT-MES, winning first Gr3-drivers title in Season 1, but then long dry spell with next race win coming only in Season 6, and second Gr3-title in Season 8. Then again, they went winless for couple Seasons, before returning strong in Season 12 with another Gr3-title and almost first Manufacturers title. After winless Season 13, they took another season off.
But Now Mercedes is back with bang, signing Season 12 champion TSR_JoeToGuy as one of its drivers. TSR_JoeToGuy won his first title in Season 12 with Mercedes, before moving to Gr2 and winning 2 more titles. He is now looking for his 4th straight title, but is facing biggest challenge yet: ''It'll be a challenging season. The field is full of more fast drivers than ever, so it should be very competitive''.
One of the toughest challengers should be his teammate, TSR_Swablu. He had up and down season in Jaguar in S14, started season as heavy favorite, took couple polepositions but mistakes and bad luck meant he only won 1 race and finished 4th in standings. ''I think last season was a big let down for me personally in terms of results and my overall performance. Going into the new season with a new mindset and a fresh start!''- TSR_Swablu said about his last season and hopes for this season.
TSR_JoeToGuy has won all 3 of his races in Nurburgring, and is favorite to take recordbreaking 4th win, but he knows it wont be easy: ''Nurburgring will be a close race, as the field is as fast as its ever been. I'm hoping that I can get a good qualifying lap and then have a fast and clean first lap, as this should make the race easier and put me in a good position. I'm looking for a podium at minimum, with eyes on the win as usual''.
TSR_Swablu took pole here last season, before slipping up to second during the pitstops, he should be again strong and is looking to start season with bang: ''Im happy with the car and like the way it's driving, even though theres still some setup work to do. I think realistically i should be looking at a podium for nurburgring at the bare minimum but would obviously like to go that few steps further, at this moment of time im feeling as quick as ever and im 100% ready for the title fight!''.
Mercedes was predicted as huge favorite to win their first Manufacturers-title.

Subaru is only manufacturer to stay in same class as last season, and is looking strong as ever. After missing drivers title for first time ever, they have signed big fish: Last seasons surprise Gr3-champion de-luck4 moves to Subaru, after his S14 car Supra was moved to Gr4 due BoP-issues. It is very different car, and he has lot of work to do to get up to speed again: ''S14 was by far my best racing i did. So its time to step up my driving. With super strong field and different traffic i will have huge challenge. Looking to this as learning opportunity''.
Most interesting driver this season is Freddude from Belgium. He is jumping in to his debut season in GT-MES very late, but he has quite a reputation from other SRF-series. He is one of the favorites for title challenge, but he is not setting himself big targets for debut season and Nurburgring: ''Hope that'll do well in my first season of GT-MES and hopefully score some podiums. As for Nurburgring, we'll just see how the race itself will play out and see where we can gain advantage''.
de-luck4 was dominant last season, but one of the hardest races was Nurburgring and should be again this season: ''Never had good result at Nurburgring (P4 best finish). Despite good speed over 1 lap, i am far off pace needed to fight for podium. Still struggle with car during stint. So, i see myself at the back of the pack this weekend''.

Nissan had great season in Gr2 last time out, winning their 3rd drivers title but failed to win Manufacturers-title yet again. Now they return to Gr3, and are looking to win their first Gr3 race since Season 1. Wesley_VR_99 is great pickup for Nissan, Season 11 champion and 2x Le Mans winner. But Dutchman is coming from hard season that left him winless for first time ever.
In other car is rookie RA-A_MrT17, he could be wildcard to challenge for wins: ''As It’s my first season in GT-MES I have to adapt to the rules and hopefully do some fun racing. Won’t be racing full season so haven’t got any title expectations''. Nissan is maybe trickiest car in the field this season, but has lot of potential to be best car in the grid, if they find setup that suits them.

Ford is making its return to GT-MES for first time since Season 2! And to drive Mustang they have got Season 13 Gr3-champion TSR_Tomsoft. German had hard season in Gr2 that left him 5th in standings despite 1 win. Now he is looking to bounce back: ''I hope to get some wins in this season, should be fairly possible with the Mustang and the constructors title shouldn't be too impossible as well with CJ in the other car. So hopefully we can bag that in. I'm also hoping to not have any dumb incidents like last Season sometimes. For Nürburgring I'm open to everything again, pace looks alright for me, but the other guys could always be quicker, so I'm not setting my aim too high and think I'd finish 4th or 5th, given the strong field. Overall I'm hoping for at least 1 or 2 wins this season and more appearances on the podium''.
In other car is Dstinct_CJohn from Greece. 3 time race winner is now starting his first full time season, and is one of the favorites for title. Will be interesting to see how Mustang performs.

Gr4

Toyota shocked many last season and dominated in Gr3, winning drivers title and Manufacturers-title. With BoP-issue, all parties decided that Toyota would move to Gr4. Despite this, they are looking strong with 4-time champion Nils in the car. Since winning 2 Gr4-titles, he has won Gr3-title and more recently Gr2-title. German is also first in wins and polepositions in GT-MES history. He was considered as huge favorite for Gr4-title, but he does not had lot of expectations on himself: ''It's been a while since I raced in Gr.4 cars, so I don't have high expectations. I hope to have a clean race and perhaps a top 3 for the first round''. Nils is all time wins leader in Nurburgring with 6, so look out for him.
His teammate is amuda54. American is starting to be quite a GT-MES veteran, but still does not have win on his name. But class change could be positive for him: ''I don’t know how fast everyone else is, as this is the first Gr4s race in MES with this BoP. However seeing my pace compared to my teammate I definitely think podiums are on the cards during the season''. amuda54 has always struggled in Nurburgring, it would be important to get good start to his season: ''Nurburgring has never been my strongest track but the Supra handles well here, so we will see''.

Porsche is moving down to Gr4 after 7 straight seasons in Gr3, 2 Manufacturers-titles but still looking for first drivers title since Season 2. Big news is that they have their Season 2 champion sota59 back. He has since grown his total to 5-titles, but has had dry spell since Season 5, finishing several times as runner up. After only winning 2 races in 3 seasons, he is moving down to Gr4 to get back to groove: ''After testing all Gr4-cars, i instantly fell in love with Porsche, brand that i have history with. Will be interesting to see if this good feeling transforms to good results, but i am excited for this season, we have great field of drivers''.
His teammate will be 2x Le Mans winner GTO250GTO. German will be looking to grow in to more consistant driver and help Porsche win another Manufacturers-title. He has confessed that start of the season might be struggle, Nurburgring especially where he has never performed well, but let see what he can do as season moves on.
sota59 has 2 wins in Nurburgring, but not since Season 4: ''I have good feeling about the car, but no idea where we are performance wise. Podium is the target''.

Honda is coming from its hardest season sofar, despite winning 2 races, including Le Mans. Used to being Gold-standard they are looking to return to the form, and move to Gr4 might be what they need, where they have won all 5 drivers titles in past.
Their Season 6 champion thunderpigeon is back, and looking to return race winning form, after running in midfield past 2 season in Gr3: ''I'm excited for this season. It's been a long while since I've raced in GR4 and the NSX is good fun to drive. Preseason nerves are with me - the pace of my competition is unknown and I don't know where I will be come race day. I'm excited to race Nils again and it's my first season in GT-MES with Sota in the same class. Those two are the likely championship contenders in my opinion, but I want to be in with a shot of the title for the whole season. Getting my first win since my return is a must for me''. thunderpigeon won in Nurburgring in Season 5 and 6, so he should be strong.
His partner when they won Honda Manufactures title in Season 6 was doc-shipman, and he is also returning to Honda. He has difficult return to racing last season, but was not as far off as many thought and he could surprise many this season: ''Hoping to build on last season to be honest. Everyone's pace has increased since I was racing way back when, so to hold my own and be consistent in my finishing was great. This season I'm hoping to push that more and challenge for some more podiums, maybe even nab a race win. I'm hoping to achieve fewer mistakes. Racing is about how your perform on the day and there were a few races last season where I made silly mistakes. Mistakes that I've made time and time again. This season there's a push, personally, to find the right times to push at 110% and find the right times to push at 90% and remain clean and on the tarmac! I'm the first to admit that me and the Nürb don't get on too well. The Nordschleife is my second home, but the GP just never seems to let me find a flow. That said, I'm happy with the NSX, and it's a car I've driven before so I see it more as a good place to start the season, as my expectations aren't massively high''.

Lexus had their best ever result in Season 14 when they finished 2nd in Manufacturers-standings. Move down to Gr4 will be interesting, they have failed to sign any top drivers for full season, so first driver or Manufacturers-title looks unlikely. But they have picked up some veterans. Emilius73 is making his return for first time since Season 10, he will miss Round 1 but could bring Lexus some positive results along the season: ''I want to start the season off on the right foot with a strong result, and my goal is to finish in the top 4 in the championship. To get there, I'll need to score a few podiums, and a win would help that greatly''.
1-time Gr2-champion G4 Rotary is expected to do some events on Lexus, he could be thread to challenge for wins when he races, but Lexus is still looking for full time driver on that seat.

Round-2.png

BACK IN KYOTO!!!!

GT-MES has visited plenty of circuits in Japan, but Kyoto was first Japanese circuit we visited in Season 1. Recently Fuji, Suzuka and Autopolis have been picked over Kyoto to host GT-MES, but we finally head back this season.
Circuit is known for its highspeed corners that you can take send your car in, just staying on the circuit, but there is also couple slow corners that will require some adjustments in setup and are perfect overtaking opportunities.

Round 1 in Nurburgring was one to remember for both classes, as there were massive battles almost every lap. Ballast and added experience should mix up the playing field.

Gr3

Ford
had perfect return to GT-MES. First pole position was followed by first win and first 1-2 for Ford, now in championship lead in Gr3- and Manufacturers-standings. Dstinct_CJohn took pole position in closing seconds of qualifying and but it did not take long for him to drop down to 3rd after the start. Next 30 minutes were Cat and Mouse-game as drivers split their strategies. Dstinct_CJohn was in the lead again one point, but was in 2nd place as we headed for final laps. Epic 5 car battle broke out, but he positioned his car right and made no errors, starting race with win.
His teammate TSR_Tomsoft was only 5th in qualifying, but he was driving smart race. With battle for win and podiums spots kicked off, he was there and with tires that were able to move him up to 2nd place, and got him point for fastest lap.
Like many, TSR_Tomsoft has not driven in Kyoto very much, so expectations are not high: ''Haven't driven in Kyoto since roughly 2 years now nearly, so I don't expect a lot apart from a Podium wish. After Round 1 the car feels very nice so far and better than expected, so Kyoto might suit it''.
Dstinct_CJohn has lot of success ballast after his win, so even if Ford might suit Kyoto, podium could be struggle: ''I'm very happy I got the chance to win the season opener, but I don't feel as confident about the Kyoto race because of the ballast. As a car I think the Ford should be very strong here though. I expect one of the Mercs to win on Saturday''.

Mercedes has positive start to their season, even if they were looking for better. TSR_JoeToGuy was looking for 4th straight win in Nurburgring and heading for another pole, until getting just beaten. That did not matter much though, as he made move for lead quickly and lead Mercedes 1-2 as they headed for first pitstops. Mercedes opted to stay bit longer on mediums, decision that cost them time and they could not gain that back as they ran on fastest tire, SuperSofts as others were on Softs. Luckily battle was back on in final stint, allowing them to join battle for win. But small mistake for TSR_JoeToGuy dropped him back from the group, leaving TSR_Swablu fighting alone for podium spots. And eventually he was able to secure 3rd place, as his teammate crossed line 4th. ''Round 1 went well for me, just a shame we got the strategy a bit wrong and lost some time there. Looking forward to Round 2, hopefully another podium would be nice'' said TSR_Swablu, that has now bit of ballast on him after his podium.
TSR_JoeToGuy in otherhand has no ballast, after missing out on Round 1 win for first time, and not even finishing on podium: ''I think Kyoto will be a fight between me and Fred, given that 3 of the other fast guys now have ballast''. He admits that there might be some rust, after not driving in Kyoto for long while.

Nissan expectedly was not fighting for podium-places in Nurburgring, but there were positives, especially for Wesley_VR_99. Season 11 Gr3-champion was not much off in the qualifying, and during the race he was able run very close laptimes to leaders. He even lead the race for long while, extending his stint on mediums, but admits that ended up costing him time: ''I was happy with my pace in the first race, just the strategy didn't work out as I had planned. So I am looking forward to Round 2 at Kyoto because I love driving there and I think I have the pace to fight for the win''. Nissan indeed has been rumoured to be best suited for highspeed Kyoto-circuit, and good results early in the season could be confidence boost.
RA-A_MrT17 finished 7th in his debut, lack of experience in the car showing. He will miss Round 2, and there is speculation about high profile replacement...

Subaru ended up starting season with shocking result. Freddude had solid start to his debut, running 4th place and moving up to second place after first round of pitstops. He then was leading the race as we were in final stint, then everything went wrong. First small contact sent him running wide, but was given lead quickly back. As result there was 4 hungry cars behind him, and as cars were set to start final lap, atleast podium looked set for his debut. But Freddude had misjudged his fuel on final pitstop, meaning he had to go for splash, leaving him finishing only 6th.
Last seasons Gr3-champion de-luck4 expected tough start to the season in new car, and he ended up finishing last, 8th place.
Going in to Kyoto he has little ballast help, but he is not confident with the car yet: ''Race at Nurburgring just shows how little trust i have on WRX. Still need a lot practice to do, to find a way how to setup car to start feel comfortable and reduce number of mistakes to the minimum. Sadly but this week was very bussy and had only few laps on track. So, my expectations are very low. Will be happy with clean race, no matter the pace''.
Freddude showed his famous speed in Nurburgring, and after disapointmend, he is ready to bounce back. Some of his toughest competitors will also have ballast on them, so expect to see him atleast on podium in Japan.

Gr4

Porsche
had great start to the season. Qualifying was bit conserning, as sota59 was fastest Porsche, but only 5th. But during first stint, he made his way up the grid to 2nd place, as cars ahead started to battle. After first pitstop, he overcut himself to the lead. Running on mediums, he was able to keep cars with faster tires behind him for long while, and as he went for final stop for fastest tires, he was in great position. But instead of finding himself in lead, he was overcut and was now behind cars with slower tires. After epic battle he was able to get to lead, and run away, winning in Nurburgring for first time since Season 4: ''"I had to make some bold moved to work myself up the field, but i was surprised to find myself in the lead after first pitstop. I then knew win was there to take. Last 6 laps were crazy, but i am glad i could take advantage and win".
His teammate GTO250GTO was predicting difficult race pre-race, and it was. He had to start last due technical issues, and lost time in first half of the race trying to move up the field. Eventually he was only 6th, but took fastest lap of the race, so pace is there for him. Kyoto he is looking for more improvement, starting higher up the grid will be key.
sota59 will be running heaviest car in the grid, but is positive: ''Testing been solid, top 4 is the objective, podium would be huge for my championship''.

Honda did not get the win, but was good start to the season. thunderpigeon was 2nd in qualifying and fighting for win all race. But as field was fighting for positions all race, he ended up losing too much time and win slipped away. But 2nd place to start the season is great, even though winless streak is still going.
His teammate doc-shipman was running 6th place for while, but pace was not good and he ended race in last place. Nurburgring is not his favorite circuit, so expectations are high for Kyoto: ''I'm looking forward to Round 2. Kyoto is a track I very much enjoy and in testing I've had much greater consistency than I have had in previous races. Nurburgring was an expected result for me, never being very strong in Germany. Japan - the home of Honda! With no thunderpigeon around to make up the numbers it rests on my shoulders! The fuel consumption at Nurb was an interesting one, though, with the NSX performing very well relative to the other guys. Add in the fairly good tyre wear I've seen in testing and I think the NSX could be a good car for Kyoto - Just got to hope the driver is up to it as well''.
As he said, thunderpigeon will not be racing in Kyoto, so all weight of Honda is on doc-shipman.

Toyota started their Manufacturers-title defence well. Nils took expected poleposition, but while he kept the lead for while, he was unable to break out from the field. Instead he was left defending hard and this created big fight for win between 5-cars that lastest all race. After first pitstop he dropped down the order, but after second pitstop Toyota was able to overcut others and rejoined with 1-2 lead, amuda54 who had been able to save fuel jumped ahead, leaving Nils to defend. Others were on softer tires, and Nils was not able to hold them for long. But middle of the overtaking, Nils was able to get past his teammate and secure 3rd place, amuda54 finishing behind him in 4th place, after one of his best performances ever.
Nils has least ballast of top runners in Gr4 as we go to Kyoto, circuit he has won before, expect him to be very strong: ''Kyoto has always been one of my favorite tracks, so I'm hoping for a good result despite the ballast! It's going to be a real challenge though, especially after those amazing battles we saw during Round 1''.
amuda54 might miss Kyoto-race, but if he is able to race, he could be one to watch for podium.

Lexus had positive start to the season, even if they did not get great result. Car has potential, G4 Rotary was 3rd in qualifying and during the race he was fighting for lead long while. He faded away in 3rd stint with harder tire and tracklimits issues. 5th place does not tell full picture.RBZ_Orama was in othercar, but technical issues did not allow him to start the race.
Lexus-partipation in Round 2 is in doubt as their only full time driver Emilius73 will again miss the race: ''After seeing that I have a number of personal events these coming weeks, I won't be able to race until Interlagos. Now, my main focus is supporting Amuda and Nils so they are best prepared for each race and obtain the best possible results''.
G4_Rotary will also miss the race, so let see who will we see in the car in Japan...

Back