SRM has moved over to the pcars2 section, see ya on the other side!PS4 

• Thread starter mphile77
  • 4,511 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
so mad people could drive slow enough to take 1 pitstop and mphile could drive fast enough and never change his tires
Let me know? But this could be before your time :lol:
IMG_0587.PNG

I tried to do the same thing but clearly took it too far. I was a second a lap off where I wanted to be and was getting blown away on the straights. (I swear I was flat out and not just babying the car)

Also, unless we are going to rerun an event does it make sense to have the winner share the tune?

I tried to do the same thing but clearly took it too far. I was a second a lap off where I wanted to be and was getting blown away on the straights. (I swear I was flat out and not just babying the car)

Also, unless we are going to rerun an event does it make sense to have the winner share the tune?
We do it just for guys who may want to save it. Then they can slaughter peeps in a public room with it or something :D

if i can think of anyway to make it pits and b's im trying... mphile. im considering open wheel but thats too simple

It would be great to have an endurance where there are different tire compound options. The last two cars have only had one tire. Perhaps I'll just buck up and start testing cars and tracks for a good fit.

It would be great to have an endurance where there are different tire compound options. The last two cars have only had one tire. Perhaps I'll just buck up and start testing cars and tracks for a good fit.
find a tire compound mphile has to change within an hour... wish he changed tires like his team changes quarterbacks

:gtpflag:FEEDBACK TIME!:gtpflag:

What did you guys think of the Totally Radical Series? Specifically the Practice/Practice/Qualifying Races for the tracks that do not have sessions? Did you like it? Too confusing? I'm trying to find ways to incorporate track variations we haven't raced on and am hoping something like that is the right way to go about it. Just curious.

:gtpflag:FEEDBACK TIME!:gtpflag:

What did you guys think of the Totally Radical Series? Specifically the Practice/Practice/Qualifying Races for the tracks that do not have sessions? Did you like it? Too confusing? I'm trying to find ways to incorporate track variations we haven't raced on and am hoping something like that is the right way to go about it. Just curious.
I absolutely hate the car with no tuning, and only because it sucks not being able to select proper wheel rotation settings :banghead:. Other than that i would say it was nice to race on different tracks 👍. Maybe we could do a no tune event/series with a gentleman agreement to just allow wheel and ffb adjustments, just a thought :confused:

I absolutely hate the car with no tuning, and only because it sucks not being able to select proper wheel rotation settings :banghead:. Other than that i would say it was nice to race on different tracks 👍. Maybe we could do a no tune event/series with a gentleman agreement to just allow wheel and ffb adjustments, just a thought :confused:

I'm not a fan of default tunes either. Especially in pCars where the other things that kinda rely on it (like FFB) is jacked up. Sometimes it's cool though. I think we have gotten to the point where we can enable Realistic Driving Aids for most all races. At least it's a option instead of default tunes.

Are you able to cut significant time off your laps by tweaking those settings?

The Radical was super oversteery for me in that series, I needed to be able to slow the aggressiveness out and i think i would have been better. Tires last longer, and you wont scrub speed, so yeah i would say faster :D

i did tweak those settings, the car almost got better... BUT i only had like 5 minutes to notice / re qualify because some people cant be trusted with sitting still. But i did get the holeshot from 4th!

The Radical was super oversteery for me in that series, I needed to be able to slow the aggressiveness out and i think i would have been better. Tires last longer, and you wont scrub speed, so yeah i would say faster :D

Sounds like there's some tricks I still need to learn. Which settings are you tweaking? There are a bunch in there.

Sounds like there's some tricks I still need to learn. Which settings are you tweaking? There are a bunch in there.
The only thing in the radical series you could of changed was the fuel... you either had enough or you were mexi with 30 litres less than everyone in the last race when fuel got turned off again

The only thing in the radical series you could of changed was the fuel... you either had enough or you were mexi with 30 litres less than everyone in the last race when fuel got turned off again
Oh I was just talking in general, not about the Atom series. I have a general FFB that I use for the wheel, but haven't tuned specific cars before.

Do you guys have a good base for the T300 and a rundown of the car specific stuff you tweak (when permitted)?

Oh I was just talking in general, not about the Atom series. I have a general FFB that I use for the wheel, but haven't tuned specific cars before.

Do you guys have a good base for the T300 and a rundown of the car specific stuff you tweak (when permitted)?
We have a ffb link in the very first post of page one, oscar something, you will see it. I tune my wheel for every car, its super important to do that for this game! You cant just run a single base tune for your wheel for every car, you wont get proper feel. I will help you and show you how to do it one night, not a problem at all. Once you learn it uou will love it!

Added: here is the link http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/cars
I use curbs minus 66 in the configuration, then you must be on most current version. I will walk ya through it .

We have a ffb link in the very first post of page one, oscar something, you will see it. I tune my wheel for every car, its super important to do that for this game! You cant just run a single base tune for your wheel for every car, you wont get proper feel. I will help you and show you how to do it one night, not a problem at all. Once you learn it uou will love it!

Added: here is the link http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/cars
I use curbs minus 66 in the configuration, then you must be on most current version. I will walk ya through it .

Yep, I just set those up for the Atom and ran the race setup from last night. The car was easier to control so I reset the tune I had put on it. Started ripping off low 1:23s lap times and wasn't killing the tires :|

Now I want to try your qualifying setup and see if I can get into the 1:22s

Wheel did start overheating a bit though.

Like it mattered. You crashed like 4 times.

Yep, I just set those up for the Atom and ran the race setup from last night. The car was easier to control so I reset the tune I had put on it. Started ripping off low 1:23s lap times and wasn't killing the tires :|

Now I want to try your qualifying setup and see if I can get into the 1:22s

Nice! Glad that worked for ya!
IMG_0595.PNG

I've never found a tune in this game that is more fun to drive than the base tune in any car. Faster yes, but never more predictable and never more enjoyable. Predictable is always the main thing I look for. I will never use a wheel so not allowing you guys to adjust your settings there is an advantage for me haha. Like I think I've said before, I enjoy adjusting my driving style to a car rather than adjusting the car to my driving style.

I like forcing realistic driving aids though because it puts everyone on a level playing field.

I've never found a tune in this game that is more fun to drive than the base tune in any car. Faster yes, but never more predictable and never more enjoyable. Predictable is always the main thing I look for. I will never use a wheel so not allowing you guys to adjust your settings there is an advantage for me haha. Like I think I've said before, I enjoy adjusting my driving style to a car rather than adjusting the car to my driving style.

I like forcing realistic driving aids though because it puts everyone on a level playing field.
The game was designed for you to adjust and tune the car, its what they do in real life, kinda why this game was built this way. Every bit of this game was designed to have the option to make things feel real, does it all work, hell no :banghead:, but You will never hear a real life driver say "the cars not right but hey guys dont worry about it i will deal with it :lol:" they piss and moan until someone adjusts it and gets it better. I would never own a game with all these options and not try to mess with stuff and figure it out. Each adjustment you make gives you an explanation of what to do, and how if effectively changes the car. It pains me that you settle for just whatever your given :indiff:. Ask us questions, ask for our tunes, anyone of us in this group would help for sure!

The game was designed for you to adjust and tune the car, its what they do in real life, kinda why this game was built this way. Every bit of this game was designed to have the option to make things feel real, does it all work, hell no :banghead:, but You will never hear a real life driver say "the cars not right but hey guys dont worry about it i will deal with it :lol:" they piss and moan until someone adjusts it and gets it better. I would never own a game with all these options and not try to mess with stuff and figure it out. Each adjustment you make gives you an explanation of what to do, and how if effectively changes the car. It pains me that you settle for just whatever your given :indiff:. Ask us questions, ask for our tunes, anyone of us in this group would help for sure!

Real life drivers other than at the local level have experts to help them though.

I am a T300 user as well and over heating will kill your wheel. There are a few ways to reduce the heat and prolong your wheel. @mphile77 went all McGyver and attached a larger fan. :bowdown: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/srm-group-a-series-begins-5-2.335309/page-121#post-11761862

Or you can adjust the wheel so the fan is always on. I have done this and my wheel no longer gets hot. I do not even hear the fan running. http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00156.pdf , page 2.

One more change would be to force feedback , FFB, in the main menu. A lot has been written about needing to keep FFB setting to 100% for the best feel, and just as much has been written stating keeping your wheel at 100% will cause premature failure due to over heating.

I use to run my wheel at %100 FFB until it overheated and broke. I no longer recommend or use %100 FFB. I use between %60 - %75 FFB, along with tire force between %75 - %100.

If you really want to get specific about your FFB, here is a link that offers a computer program which will help you find the optimum setting. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...eel-FFB-Values-Google-Sheet-amp-FCM-Universal

Here are some options to help keep your wheel cool and keep you racing.

I am a T300 user as well and over heating will kill your wheel. There are a few ways to reduce the heat and prolong your wheel. @mphile77 went all McGyver and attached a larger fan. :bowdown: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/srm-group-a-series-begins-5-2.335309/page-121#post-11761862

Or you can adjust the wheel so the fan is always on. I have done this and my wheel no longer gets hot. I do not even hear the fan running. http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00156.pdf , page 2.

One more change would be to force feedback , FFB, in the main menu. A lot has been written about needing to keep FFB setting to 100% for the best feel, and just as much has been written stating keeping your wheel at 100% will cause premature failure due to over heating.

I use to run my wheel at %100 FFB until it overheated and broke. I no longer recommend or use %100 FFB. I use between %60 - %75 FFB, along with tire force between %75 - %100.

If you really want to get specific about your FFB, here is a link that offers a computer program which will help you find the optimum setting. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...eel-FFB-Values-Google-Sheet-amp-FCM-Universal

Here are some options to help keep your wheel cool and keep you racing.
I think im around 40-50% for my ffb, ive been through to many wheels! I was a 100% ffb guy in the beginning as well, as you stated once they break you learn your lesson :D

@SGETI @mphile77 Thanks for saving me some pain and cash. I have the thing cranked to 100 right now. I'll dial it back a bit.

Now I just need to figure out how to upgrade my firmware with a mac. :boggled:
You cannot do it with a Mac, you will have to hook it to a PC somewhere or another that's how I do it. I use my wife's laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back