Watkins Glen Short - 20 Laps

7/14

COTA National - 13 Laps
Laguna Seca - 15 Laps

Last edited:
Tuesday June 23rd
7PM - 10PM EST

SRM ACC Lobby Surfing

Anyone brave enough to get Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS4 is invited to join us and see if we can take over a few lobbies. Guaranteed to be a cluster, but could be fun. I'll have a PSN party chat open everyone is welcome to join so we can communicate what lobby we will be entering as we cannot (yet) create our own.

Just a heads up, if you have a Best Buy nearby, you can get a $10 Gift Card for preordering from them.

Hope to see some of you there!

@mexxifrieboy
@Eh Team
@coltsjugg
@Mike Lobban
@SGETI
@Rednose58
@GTLehman
@davidt33
@etcetera_997
@aerolite
@steph67
@oldguy58
@CB_racer
@The__Camel
@yogi bear
@HOBBZ
@Blackmagic60
@XxGrimxX
@Herimopp89
@Riggy
@slthree
@Canita
@HazardLvL4
@GUTTERBOY3007
@Gr8_Lakes
@Alex ONeill
@potvinsuks
@bigtimedave
@ONESPACE
@Stanc03
@Senna94f1
@swjaxon
@Hanable
@Luckymouse71
@cesar_alfetta
@Wilo28
@TheGaul22
@Bruno Gallo
@fordlaser
@FabesL
1st.

:gtpflag: RACEDAY ALERT!!! :gtpflag:

Tonight we begin the Boss 302 Series! Rolling around these Mustangs should be a lot of fun. Long Beach and Sonoma Short should prove to be excellent with these.

Hope to see you tonight!:cheers:

:gtpflag: RACEDAY ALERT!!! :gtpflag:

Tonight we begin the Boss 302 Series! Rolling around these Mustangs should be a lot of fun. Long Beach and Sonoma Short should prove to be excellent with these.

Hope to see you tonight!:cheers:

Ima be taking a break this week il lsee evryone on track next week. I actually really like this car might try to sneak one race in before I get yelled at by Ms stance

Hey guys! It was great racing with you all. Here is the incident between me and @SGETI that happened at Long Beach. I know I was late on the brakes but I was hoping we would have space for both of us in the turn. In hindsight, I shouldn't have made the move and again I'm sorry SGETI. I did feel that we would have the room. What do you guys think - could we have made it if he left me a little more room? Or was it a stupid divebomb on my part. No hard feelings I hope. Just trying to better myself as a clean and fast racer.

No hard feelings I hope. Just trying to better myself as a clean and fast racer.

No hard feelings on my end. You are young and have much to learn. :lol::crazy:;) School in season. If you rewind your video about 15 seconds to the previous left hand turn, turn #6, you will observe proper braking and over taking. That move actually took a few laps of watching when and where would be my best chance of passing cleanly.

We have all been "that guy". I'm Guilty. No one tries to take any one out in the corners. These things happen from time to time. Please remember if you do cause an accident the proper move is relinquish any position gained. You will get better, just ask @coltsjugg king of the torpedo move. :cheers:

Hey guys! It was great racing with you all. Here is the incident between me and @SGETI that happened at Long Beach. I know I was late on the brakes but I was hoping we would have space for both of us in the turn. In hindsight, I shouldn't have made the move and again I'm sorry SGETI. I did feel that we would have the room. What do you guys think - could we have made it if he left me a little more room? Or was it a stupid divebomb on my part. No hard feelings I hope. Just trying to better myself as a clean and fast racer.

Bit of a divebomb if you ask me, no worries all of us have been there. Except me just ask @SGETI, he is the reason I always end up wrecking.

Looking at you @SGETI, get good bro :lol: :cheers:

No hard feelings on my end. You are young and have much to learn. :lol::crazy:;) School in season. If you rewind your video about 15 seconds to the previous left hand turn, turn #6, you will observe proper braking and over taking. That move actually took a few laps of watching when and where would be my best chance of passing cleanly.

We have all been "that guy". I'm Guilty. No one tries to take any one out in the corners. These things happen from time to time. Please remember if you do cause an accident the proper move is relinquish any position gained. You will get better, just ask @coltsjugg king of the torpedo move. :cheers:

What he said. But remember, you should always take out @SGETI when you have a chance. :D

@yogi bear, sorry for wreck. I re-watched it and it was my fault

Last edited:
Well idk what to do evry time I update my ps4 I get this message saying something is wrong system won't update and acc needs new system update to install new update. I guess I'll be seeing evryone on ps5 if l can't get this to work today

Well idk what to do evry time I update my ps4 I get this message saying something is wrong system won't update and acc needs new system update to install new update. I guess I'll be seeing evryone on ps5 if l can't get this to work today

Do you have enough room on your HDD? When a game won't update for me, (COD Modern Warfare) it is because there isn't enough room on the HDD for the game to perform the "Copy" function.

Solution = delete some other games to make room. (if this is the issue of course)

*The copy function requires (2x) HDD space be available in order to update. This is because the update is downloaded, then it re-installs the entire game completely, before dumping / overwriting the previous update/game file. This is how SONY mitigates the risk of a corrupted file.

@sgohsixthree, I should be back next week, just wanted to extend the break a little longer.

And the fact that Road America wasn't selected as a track this season is blasphemy!

Dude I was so close to putting it in.... I still might if next week goes as well as yesterday and people still like the car. Kinda liking the idea of 6 sprints and 1 Enduro format Series... like we did in the M3 and LMP3. :dopey:

Do you have enough room on your HDD? When a game won't update for me, (COD Modern Warfare) it is because there isn't enough room on the HDD for the game to perform the "Copy" function.

Solution = delete some other games to make room. (if this is the issue of course)

*The copy function requires (2x) HDD space be available in order to update. This is because the update is downloaded, then it re-installs the entire game completely, before dumping / overwriting the previous update/game file. This is how SONY mitigates the risk of a corrupted file.

Damn dude, that’s high level knowledge. I’m pretty sure @yogi bear would like to see a resume for potential employment at BearTek.:lol:

Yes I agree your overtake was much better than mine. The reason my move wasn't as planned as yours was because this was lap14/15, and when you overtook me I felt a sense of urgency. You were definitely faster than me so I benefitted from using my track position to fend you off. When I saw you brake early on the next turn, I saw it as a chance to best-case scenario overtake, and at least be 2 wide for the next right-hander where I would have the inside line. If the scores aren't official I would like to swap positions so SGETI would be third and me fourth. Wasn't thinking about returning the position at the time but now I know. I felt we would be able to get through with enough room for both of us, but I understand that since I wasn't side-by-side with you (my front wheel was around where your door handle is) you were not required to leave me room. Will definitely try to get less excited next time lol.

What he said. But remember, you should always take out @SGETI when you have a chance. :D

Your field of view looks very small. Have you experimented with having a wider view? I find it helps me with finding braking points and seeing where my car is in relation to the track limits. Also, I would say if @yogi bear saw you, there would be enough room for both of you. You were definitely side-by-side. Before that point, the burden is on the overtaker for making the move safely. Once side-by-side, the burden is then shared by racers for safely navigating the situation. Just my 2 cents :)

This is what I get when the playstation restarts after the update. Then when I go back in to check if it did the update it didn't take it

Attachments

• 20200701_101450.jpg
    20200701_101450.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 14
I think your optical drive may be going out. :(
Time for a new (Facebook marketplace) ps4.
My blue ray died last year so Ive just been downloading games instead of using disc. But for the system not to update because of Blu ray not reading is pretty stupid. Disc reader shouldn't have to do anything with hard drive update I've updated system 2x already since blue ray died.

And I don't even wanna spend money on a cheap ps4 right now. With new one coming in less than 4 months

My blue ray died last year so Ive just been downloading games instead of using disc. But for the system not to update because of Blu ray not reading is pretty stupid. Disc reader shouldn't have to do anything with hard drive update I've updated system 2x already since blue ray died.

And I don't even wanna spend money on a cheap ps4 right now. With new one coming in less than 4 months

Okay, just googled your code... Looks like you replacing you op drive (or Blu-ray) is the problem.

PS4 CE-35888-2 Error Code fix
Error code CE-35888-2 is a fairly common fault code on PS4 game consoles. Many times it occurs after the optical drive is replaced or repaired. A lot of people think that they can just replace their blu ray drive with another used one from Ebay or somewhere else. Unfortunately this is not the case.

Okay, just googled your code... Looks like you replacing you op drive (or Blu-ray) is the problem.

PS4 CE-35888-2 Error Code fix
Error code CE-35888-2 is a fairly common fault code on PS4 game consoles. Many times it occurs after the optical drive is replaced or repaired. A lot of people think that they can just replace their blu ray drive with another used one from Ebay or somewhere else. Unfortunately this is not the case.
As stated above the blue ray died last year and was never replaced I haven't had any issues downloading updates until last psn update so evry, game that released an update after that I can't play, online now

Edit
I do remeber buying, this ps4 second hand because my first 2 slims had died possible previous owner replaced it but this blue ray died around December of last year and this nonsense started today

Your field of view looks very small. Have you experimented with having a wider view? I find it helps me with finding braking points and seeing where my car is in relation to the track limits. Also, I would say if @yogi bear saw you, there would be enough room for both of you. You were definitely side-by-side. Before that point, the burden is on the overtaker for making the move safely. Once side-by-side, the burden is then shared by racers for safely navigating the situation. Just my 2 cents :)
Yes, I use a narrow FOV based on TV size and my distance from it. I have used wider FOV but I prefer this way.

I'm confused to where you disappeared that 2nd race. Im sure you'll turn up somewhere lol

Great friggin night dudes! I was pretty happy with being up toward the front... even though I pooched it at Long Beach. :lol: We saw the return of @mexxifrieboy who quickly returned to form. We saw SRM newcomer @ssternko rub elbows with the top of the grid, placing a respectable 3rd and 4th! What do those guys have in common? They're on controllers and smoking everyone else. I love it. If only we had @HazardLvL4 @Stanc03 and @coltsjugg join us, would been a respectable sized room! Maybe next week? I know you're tired from work. :D

I think this car is a winner, a ton of fun. Lets do it again next week. And I might have to extend the series. ;)

SRM - PCARS2 2020 Series Results - 302.jpg

Attachments

• SRM - PCARS2 2020 Series Results - 302.pdf
    232.6 KB · Views: 9
Great friggin night dudes! I was pretty happy with being up toward the front... even though I pooched it at Long Beach. :lol: We saw the return of @mexxifrieboy who quickly returned to form. We saw SRM newcomer @ssternko rub elbows with the top of the grid, placing a respectable 3rd and 4th! What do those guys have in common? They're on controllers and smoking everyone else. I love it. If only we had @HazardLvL4 @Stanc03 and @coltsjugg join us, would been a respectable sized room! Maybe next week? I know you're tired from work. :D

I think this car is a winner, a ton of fun. Lets do it again next week. And I might have to extend the series. ;)

View attachment 936718
I'm good for pcars watched some of the @CB_racer stream long Beach had a interesting finish lol

I don't think so, CB, it was just hard racing. My spotter was too slow telling me. And even then all He told me was watch your mirrors.. at the same time we made contact. No worries, we had fun, and it wasn't really a wreck. Just a spin without damage. My pit crew just buffed the tire mark off.
Which by the way is a testament to the realism.. my car was not dented, (which it shouldn't have been, the rub was that light)

I don't think so, CB, it was just hard racing. My spotter was too slow telling me. And even then all He told me was watch your mirrors.. at the same time we made contact. No worries, we had fun, and it wasn't really a wreck. Just a spin without damage. My pit crew just buffed the tire mark off.
Which by the way is a testament to the realism.. my car was not dented, (which it shouldn't have been, the rub was that light)
Hey Bear. Just so you know the proximity indicator is way better than the spotter. It is in real-time and tells you exactly when you're clear of a car and not. There is a lag with the spotter and he is not always accurate. When I made the switch to the prox indicator I was shocked by how much more accurate it is. Highly recommend switching to it.

View attachment 936718
Thanks for the shoutout lol I had a lot of fun too! Looking forward to next week. I really like TMS Rd course. Watkins glen is good fun too. That mini-Eau Rouge leading to the long straight and the bus stop chicane makes for some crazy racing and some broken hearts lol.

Hey Bear. Just so you know the proximity indicator is way better than the spotter. It is in real-time and tells you exactly when you're clear of a car and not. There is a lag with the spotter and he is not always accurate. When I made the switch to the prox indicator I was shocked by how much more accurate it is. Highly recommend switching to it.

Remember, you're talking to a BOB there. Pretty sure indicators, or any on-screen guides are considered "assissies" :lol: Although, technically brakes are an assist... but try and explain that to these old farts.

Back