Sim Racing Madness [SRM] simracingmadness.comPS4 

Dude's logo is in the game, so... take his opinion for what it is worth. (I ain't interested. I don't see how this could be a platform for anything other than single player and sprint racing)

I mean, this looks good. But the actual gameplay is not for anyone craving a realistic sim experience. The fact that the car classes are all mashed up along with the other stuff they mentioned... it might be fun, but it won't be engaging the way pcars2, or even GT6 was. Short way of saying it's not for me.

Am I going to get it? Possibly out of sheer curiosity. I almost feel obligated to get it and report back to you guys. But part of me just doesn't care about this game, as much as a I REALLY want to care! If I want to grind out parts for my cars and race them without worrying about tires, pitstops or what cars others are driving, I'll play Wreckfest.

But part of me just doesn't care about this game, as much as a I REALLY want to care!
tenor.gif

You could post in the General area. This is cool, basically a midrange gaming laptop without the monitor and integrated graphics. Good price point, but after a year with it you’d be wanting/needing more.
so someone like me the casual gamer wouldn't be able to get away with playing on something like that on ACC for PC?

so someone like me the casual gamer wouldn't be able to get away with playing on something like that on ACC for PC?

If you're on a 1080P monitor/tv you could probably run the game at 60fps on medium-low settings.

:gtpflag:Starting Monday August 24 :gtpflag:
SRM Assetto Corsa Competizione Race Night on PC!
The SRM guys who run iRacing on Monday Nights are getting bored with corporate BS and need to loosen up a bit. So we'll be bringing them the tried-and-true SRM race night format to ACC on PC with those guys and some old SRM alums! Be sure to join our Discord Server for more info.

Don't worry, Tuesday nights are pCars2 on PS4 for the foreseeable future. But it might be worth thinking about your plans when it comes to PS5/PC and where you'll want to race.

:cheers:

:gtpflag: RACEDAY ALERT!! :gtpflag:

Tonight we’ll top off the Radical series at Imola and Bugatti. Been a hoot so far, and I hope to see more team strategies fall into place like last week. Hopefully @GTLehman can make it after being abandoned by Lobanaro.:lol: Some vintage stuff in the coming weeks, just for you.:P

See you guys tonight!

It makes me sick seeing all these assets from PCars 1 & 2 created for a proper sim experience with community donated money and the profits from sales, to be used in a NFS Shift / GRID reboot...

I want this to be a sales flop so bad...

It makes me sick seeing all these assets from PCars 1 & 2 created for a proper sim experience with community donated money and the profits from sales, to be used in a NFS Shift / GRID reboot...

I want this to be a sales flop so bad...

It’s pretty sad, and I’m totally bummed about it. They were so close to giving us what we wanted, but turns out we don’t make them enough money.

Another solid night! A bit light on attendance compared to the last few weeks. We can blame Mr. IgottaPCsoIMbetterTHANyou @Mike Lobban for that. :lol: Major shakeup on the podium with 1st and 3rd falling off, allowing @HazardLvL4 to take the top spot and @Luckymouse71 and @Rednose58 to shimmy in! Thanks as always guys, great racing. Wet tires on dry tracks shouldn't work like that... but thanks for the tip. ;)

Next week is 90 Minutes in the Sauber C9 @ Hockenheim Historic. I'll have weather this weekend... or just set it to random and say f-it. :cheers:
SRM - PCARS2 2020 Series Results - Radical33.jpg

Attachments

• SRM - PCARS2 2020 Series Results - Radical33.pdf
    425.8 KB · Views: 11
Yep...all my fault. Put it on me..that’s ok, I have big shoulders to take the abuse. I was just one of the first to make the plunge. Shaun is right, decisions need to be made about what platform you guys are going to upgrade to. Just know, the pc is a far better experience now that I’ve had it for a week. The wide screen monitor is awesome as well. I can finally say I’m happy with my setup, yeah, I spent a lot of moolah, but I can put off the heart transplant for another year.
I know I’m sounding like “that guy”, but the step up has been well worth it. Put it this way...it’s my hobby, I don’t golf or chase women...(they chase me). I definitely got my money’s worth out of the PS4, no regrets there. Also remember, I’m a huge flight sim fan as well and the console was just not enough to run MS2020 they way it needs to be run. Check out some YouTube vids. Then send me your address, I’ll take pictures of your house from the air.

hey guys im going to host a dry run of the historic league today. Lobby will open at 7:30 est and race qualy will start at 8. Weare doing the Lotus 25. The 1963 model f1 car with the 2.0 litre V8. There will be 2 races, 15 min qualy each, and race will last ~30 min. 1st track will be Indy motor speedway road course. Second track will be Snetterton. Lobby is open now.

Well that was certainly a thing last night. The positives! @Rednose58 had a great strategy going in and did well after our black flag period at the start of the race. @Stanc03 made a nice comeback charge after falling a lap down, taking advantage of the very courteous yellow flag periods that helped him to finish 2nd.

Other than that, it was pretty forgettable. Another light turnout, granted enduros are not everyone's favorites. After having a nearly full room a few weeks ago, we hit a wall pretty quickly... almost like the start of the race last night. :lol: Not one of the better nights and has me reconsidering this short enduro series.

Did all the PC talk, a couple leagues not running anymore, and other games coming out thin out the herd? Probably all of the above coupled with summer vacations and overall burnout. Next weeks car is (i think) considered a fan favorite, so we'll hope attendance can turn around get some fools out of their rut. See you then! if not, don't come back. :P (No seriously, come back) :lol:

SRM - PCARS2 2020 Series Results - C9.jpg

Attachments

• SRM - PCARS2 2020 Series Results - C9.pdf
    374.7 KB · Views: 11
Back