Sim Racing Madness [SRM] simracingmadness.comPS4 

Not sure I mentioned it. But my old Club the "Spinning Arrows Club" is going to try and do one last night of racing in GT6 for anyone interested let me know. :dunce::D

:gtpflag: RACEDAY ALERT!!! :gtpflag:

Hey hey, it's Lambo time again! Tonight we go to the fabulous Laguna Seca for an early morning ride, followed by a sunset romp at Zolder. Scope the tracks and see what you want to drive where! Some of you might use your last picks tonight, so look ahead to the final week as well so your choices line up!

See you tonight.:cheers:

:gtpflag:SRM Presents :gtpflag:

konight-jpeg.700685

Knockout Night V
Colt's GTR Smash'emupmumblemumble
2/27/18 8:00pm EST

GTR_KO.jpg

Tentative Tracklist:
Azure Circuit
Barcelona GP
COTA GP
Hockenheim Classic
Monza GP
Silverstone GP
Dubai Club

-The Rules-
The only cars allowed to be knocked out of the races are the top 3, so basically if you're in a podium position you can be taken out at any time! (2nd & 3rd position can take the leader out as well, along with each other). From 4th on back you must respect each other the best you can, try and keep it clean, but anyone of you can take out the leaders at any time, and by cutting the track if necessary, but try not to take others out in the process if they are not in top 3. Top 3 spots must drive the correct course at all times, so if your in a podium position no track cutting! Now here comes the crazy part, once you enter the last lap of the race it becomes a full on wreck fest, free for all and anything goes, anyone can be taken out no matter what your position. The final lap we also allow the leaders to now be able to track cut, this all plays into strategic positioning as the race unfolds. A winner will be crowned at the end of the night, so I need everyone to please finish these races, so you can be properly scored!

I want everyone to keep an open mind for this night and just have fun and blow off some steam, this is what its designed for, so enjoy and don't get all bent when you get wrecked! If you come into this room expecting to do well, then ummm, its not the right room for you, we will get ya, haha!

-Regs and other info-
Lobby and invites out at 7:30EST per normal. The MADNESS will start at 8EST, a little earlier than normal for us, just to be sure we can get a decent amount of tracks in. Weather will be sunny and clear, so no snow tires to worry about.

5 min Qually, 10 min Races. Be warned, there may be a few tracks in rotation without the qually option so we'll hop right in.

Forced Default Setups, Realistic Aids, Tire wear / fuel OFF, damage visible only, no penalties, no pit stops, Racing License OFF.

First come first serve for this event, I'm sure we will have room for everyone! Pick any livery and join the madness!

Last edited:
Xwife calls.

Police with our son.

Our son is not hurt, (yet)

Son's best friend and total meathead, decided good idea to enter

abandoned house in neighborhood.

This friend entered house alone then returned with two guns. BB guns thank godness.

Guns in car they go to friends house.

Local neighbor saw everything called police

Police go to house and knock. Not knowing BB guns.

Smart teenagers decide not to answer door.

Now house has numerous Police in position and very bright lights.

Police notice guns still in car. They holster their guns.

Kids, stupid immature little pathetic carbon life form come out of house.

Friend arrested , hope they through away the key.

Son released to me. Future charges not sure.

Things could have gone south very fast,

Love him still , gave him a big hug and then a bigger kick in the ass.

See you next week.

Hope everything is good. Kids make bad decisions sometimes. I'm sure your pissed. Been there done that. Son spent some time in jail. Have some faith in him.

Xwife calls.

Police with our son.

This friend entered house alone then returned with two guns. BB guns thank godness.

See you next week.

Holy crap dude! You're right, in today's climate especially, could have been very south. Glad to hear everything went (semi) alright. I'm sure your son will wish he'd went with the boys in blue after you're done with him.

I'm hung up on that, if it was abandoned why should said neighbour care? Stupid thing to do, stupider that someone should care but maybe I'm crazy.

If the house next to or near mine was abandoned and I saw people going in and out, you damn well bet I'd care about any shady 🤬 going on near my home.

Wowza! Sorry about the technical issues tonight. Screwed a couple guys out of races... and we could have used all the drivers available! Sorry to @Eh Team because I really wanted him back on track with us, but the game had other ideas. Big thanks to everyone else for sticking it out. Saw some excellent bumper to bumper racing and wished I could have been involved!

I think for the last week we might try manual rolling starts because the slower class being put in front isn't working on starts. Next week should be fun for sure. I'll be posting up what cars each person has left later this week. So if you are not forced to be in one or the other, try and know ahead of time what you are driving. Hope to see everyone, and more, back again. :cheers:

SRM - PCARS2 Series Results - RagingBullReunion2.png

Attachments

• SRM - PCARS2 Series Results - RagingBullReunion2.pdf
    221.8 KB · Views: 10
Trivial information time...some of you said you lost points tonight even though you had a good finish.

I'm curious, did you spin, impact something or someone after you crossed the line and before the race timer ran out? Seems lots of folks do this no matter what group your in.

The points system seems to be active until the timer runs out so screwing around after start/finish can cost you points.

We've tried this in a couple of rooms and made everyone behave that would normally cut up and there scores started to stabilize.

Just a hunch :cheers:

Xwife calls.

Police with our son.

See you next week.
Glad he is fine, hope it scared the crap out of him. Perhaps lesson learned?

Trivial information time...some of you said you lost points tonight even though you had a good finish.

I'm curious, did you spin, impact something or someone after you crossed the line and before the race timer ran out? Seems lots of folks do this no matter what group your in.

Because of the way the grid started in the 2 class race, he (mexi) started 1st and ended up 4th. Though still 1st in his class. I don't remember if he crashed. Camel definately did but I dont know how many points he lost or gained.
I went from 8th to 2nd but either earned about 5, or got 0. (Cant remember if i had 1436 or 1441 before the start of the race.

And no points for race 4. Ill be bringing this up to the race organizers ;)

Last edited:

The points system seems to be active until the timer runs out so screwing around after start/finish can cost you points.

We've tried this in a couple of rooms and made everyone behave that would normally cut up and there scores started to stabilize.

Just a hunch :cheers:

I'm fairly certain it has something to do with the multiclass setting, and the game prioritizing the GTO class over the Trofeos. The same way the game thinks that the GTOs should be in front of the grid even though their qualifying time is slower. It's something I missed when setting this up... but really, it shouldn't be that way anyway.

RXL_logo2.png

The main points:
(you should still probably read the rest)

4 - 15 Minute Races a Night!
1 Qualifying Session before 1st Race
Manual Rolling Starts for races 2-4
Grid set based on previous race results
2nd & 3rd Races have Random Weather
4th race of each night is REVERSE GRID
NO TIRE WEAR
NO FUEL USAGE
DEFAULT TUNES

RXL.jpg

After the first race, there will NOT be a qualifying or practice session. And most of the tracks will likely be unfamiliar. We will do ONE pace lap setting the grid for these tracks and go green at start/finish. If you haven't practiced the tracks, try and pay attention during the pace lap! Most people won't have a clue which track they are on, and I'm hoping that works to the advantage of the guys who actually practice and READ the thread. :sly: But the races are also short, so the complaining should't go on too long. :lol:

Grid orders will be posted in a PSN message on the SRM Race Control Chat! Please pay attention! I'll also try and call them out.

---------- 3/13/18 ----------
Saikitto International

Autumn | Fog | 7AM | 5X

Oschersleben C Course
Summer | Random | 12PM | Real

Snetterton 100
Winter | Random | 10AM | 5X

COTA Club
Autumn | Clear | 9PM | Real

---------- 3/20/18 ----------
Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile

Summer | Clear | 8PM | 5X

Mojave Sidewinder

Nurburgring Mullenbach
Spring | Random | 10AM | 5X

Brands Hatch Indy
Spring | Thunderstorm | 4PM | 10X

---------- 3/27/18 ----------
Hockenheim Short

Winter | Overcast | 12PM | Real

Barcelona Club
Summer | Random | 6PM | 5X

Ruapuna Park Outer Loop
Autumn | Random | 12PM | 5X

Red Bull Ring Club
Snow | Snow | 12PM | Real

27908343_10211171105177709_781758432759908259_o.jpg

27907642_10211171105217710_1323710049838554032_o.jpg

Standard Scoring. No bonus points. Post your livery! May the least sideways driver be victorious!
:cheers:

Just want to confirm what manual rolling starts for 2 and 4 means, us ourselves when we start off, or the game will put us in a rolling start?

There is no qualifying. I'll call out starting position, we do a pace lap and go.

View attachment 714608
The main points:

NO TIRE WEAR
NO FUEL USAGE
DEFAULT TUNES

View attachment 714609

After the first race, there will NOT be a qualifying or practice session. And most of the tracks will likely be unfamiliar. We will do ONE pace lap setting the grid for these tracks and go green at start/finish. If you haven't practiced the tracks, try and pay attention during the pace lap! Most people won't have a clue which track they are on, and I'm hoping that works to the advantage of the guys who actually practice and READ the thread. :sly: But the races are also short, so the complaining should't go on too long. :lol:

Grid orders will be posted in a PSN message on the SRM Race Control Chat! Please pay attention! I'll also try and call them out.

Saikitto International

Autumn | Fog | 7AM | 5X

Oschersleben C Course

Snetterton 100

COTA Club

Mojave Sidewinder

Nurburgring Mullenbach

Brands Hatch Indy

Hockenheim Short

Barcelona Club

Ruapuna Park Outer Loop

Red Bull Ring Club

View attachment 714607

View attachment 714606

Standard Scoring. No bonus points. Post your livery! May the least sideways driver be victorious!

I so wish I could be there for that, that looks fantastic.

View attachment 714608
The main points:

NO TIRE WEAR
NO FUEL USAGE
DEFAULT TUNES

View attachment 714609

Saikitto International

Autumn | Fog | 7AM | 5X

Oschersleben C Course

Snetterton 100

COTA Club

Mojave Sidewinder

Nurburgring Mullenbach

Brands Hatch Indy

Hockenheim Short

Barcelona Club

Ruapuna Park Outer Loop

Red Bull Ring Club

View attachment 714607

View attachment 714606

Snow on the Red bull ring....bring your ski's. That's gonna be an interesting exercises. :dopey: Sounds like fun!

Because of the way the grid started in the 2 class race, he (mexi) started 1st and ended up 4th. Though still 1st in his class. I don't remember if he crashed. Camel definately did but I dont know how many points he lost or gained.
I went from 8th to 2nd but either earned about 5, or got 0. (Cant remember if i had 1436 or 1441 before the start of the race.

And no points for race 4. Ill be bringing this up to the race organizers ;)
It's weird when you some what make sense.

It's weird when you some what make sense.

I got it confirmed that GTO is considered a "Faster" class than Super Trofeos. And Project Cars will order the grid by the "Faster" class first, then by time. I asked what the standard for a "Faster" class was, because obviously GTO is all over the place. Haven't heard back and don't expect to... though I might go to the official forums to get spat upon.

So yeah, it's pretty lame that it is done this way with classes not being balanced as it is. And it does affect your rating because you're in a "faster" car and the game thinks you should be ahead of the "slower" class.

I got it confirmed that GTO is considered a "Faster" class than Super Trofeos. And Project Cars will order the grid by the "Faster" class first, then by time. I asked what the standard for a "Faster" class was, because obviously GTO is all over the place. Haven't heard back and don't expect to... though I might go to the official forums to get spat upon.

So yeah, it's pretty lame that it is done this way with classes not being balanced as it is. And it does affect your rating because you're in a "faster" car and the game thinks you should be ahead of the "slower" class.
Lame.

Seems some people are having issues getting the game to load after the new patch. Anyone having issues? TBH I haven't loaded the game up since the patch.... so I very well could be a victim.

It seems fine to me so far. I think the first loading screen before the opening video took a bit longer, but I have had no issues so far.
(I thought you could turn that video off?)

:gtpflag: RACEDAY ALERT!! :gtpflag:

Tonight is the finale of the Raging Bull Reunion! We will go to Imola and Red Bull Ring GP to finish out this series. To avoid any starting grid mishaps due to the way the game handles these 2 classes, we will do a manual rolling start. I'll post up the qualifying results in the PSN chat and also call out.

Remember, depending the class you chose in past races, you may have to drive one car all night. I'll try and post up who has what left later.

Latest Posts

Back