Sim Racing Madness [SRM] simracingmadness.comPS4 

View attachment 853382

View attachment 853383

Taking it back to an old favorite we ran last in pCars1. We'll run this standard SRM 3 Week Series format with these additional settings:

Mandatory Pit, Visual / Mechanical Damage, Accelerated Tire Wear, Fuel Usage On.

In the event of a severe mechanical failure (example, tire puncture) and you can't control your car, I'm allowing the Safety Car rule used as in past series. You can read about that at the bottom of post #1.

October 8
Hockenheim Classic

13 Laps | Summer | 4PM | 5X Time | Medium Cloud, Light Cloud, Hazy

Oulton Park GP
15 Laps | Spring | 10AM | 5X Time | Medium Cloud, Fog, Medium Cloud

October 15

Indy Road Course

15 Laps | Autumn | 7PM | 5X Time | Clear, Light Cloud, Clear

Bathurst
13 Laps | Winter | 2PM | 10X Time | Snow, Heavy Cloud, Medium Cloud

October 22

Nurburgring Combined

3 Laps | Summer | 2PM | 2X Time | Clear, Overcast, Light Cloud

Zolder
14 Laps | Spring | 6AM | 2X Time | Fog, Med Cloud, Rain​
The bear will be there.

Yes!! Looks like I would be free this weekend. 👍 And to be certain (I feel so out of it) @sgohsixthree this is the GT3 enduro this coming Tuesday? And if anyone has a setup for the M1 they wouldn't mind sharing - it was a handful last time I raced [with Aero and Lobban] it. TIA!!

Yes, Enduro this Tuesday, M1s the following week.

Any updates on the other weather slots? My left front is burning up. :banghead:

October 1
Algarve

Summer | 12PM | 15X Time
Clear | Medium Cloud | Rain | Heavy Fog

45 Min practice Race Sunday 9/29 @ 5PM EST, Lobby Opens @ 4PM - Unless i forget :lol:
  1. @sgohsixthree - Confirmed
  2. @mexxifrieboy
  3. @SGETI - Confirmed
  4. @CB_racer - Confirmed
  5. @Hanable - Confirmed
  6. @Luckymouse71 - Confirmed
  7. @bigtimedave - Confirmed
  8. @coltsjugg - Confirmed
  9. @Stanc03 - Confirmed
  10. @HazardLvL4 - Confirmed
  11. @The__Camel - Confirmed
  12. @Rednose58 - Confirmed
  13. @barryf1fan - Confirmed
  14. @Eh Team - Confirmedish
  15. @yogi bear - Confirmed
Reserves
  1. @Esspugo1
  2. @Mike Lobban

:gtpflag: RACEDAY ALERT!!! :gtpflag:

Tonight we continue the GT3 Limited Enduro Series at Algarve. Rain and heavy fog is in the forecast in the middle of this HOT day, which will turn into night and early morning. Hope to see you all there!

You still got room in the M1 series? When is the drop dead date to confirm for that?

No need to confirm for our standard series nights, just show up, you won’t have an issue getting in. Good to hear you might make it!

Almost forgot to mention.

Happy 4th Birthday SRM!!

4 years ago today, @mphile77 posted up the first of our Tuesday Night Events. Been a ton of fun and have had a bunch of cool dudes join us along the way. I started putting together all the results ever into a spreadsheet you can view below. This only takes into account series totals, not from individual races. But still neat to look at. A few interesting facts from it:
  • We've had 84 different drivers over the course of 67 Total Series.
  • @SGETI is the winningest SRM member, with 13 total One-Night and Series Victories.
  • @coltsjugg @bigtimedave and @Eh Team have been racing since the first night and are still (somewhat) active.

Ideally I'll go through and separate out the one-nights, series, and enduro series results. Maybe in the future I'll use that information for something.

SRM Master Scoring_Attendance - Sheet1.png

Link to Google Sheet

Great race last night, I was kinda confused about the caution rules, so we weren't allowed to catch up to the lead pack and it was 55 MPH wherever you were?

Great race last night, I was kinda confused about the caution rules, so we weren't allowed to catch up to the lead pack and it was 55 MPH wherever you were?

It’s always been a catch up thing. That’s the whole point of the cautions. The leader slows to 80k/50mph and everyone catches them.

It’s always been a catch up thing. That’s the whole point of the cautions. The leader slows to 80k/50mph and everyone catches them.

Last night though, it sounded like you said everyone slowed to 55m/80k wherever you were at, and only those that were a lap down could overtake. ??

I was a lap down to (I believe) the top 2 or 3, I know Hazard and Camel, but as I was hurrying to catch up to the leader and get my lap back I caught bigtimedave and he and I were in "position" so I slowed and stayed behind. #confused

In the end, it didn't really matter, as my PS4 froze up right after I set my pit strategies. In which it didn't save ANY of the changes, so I struggled all night with getting the wrong damn tires and getting 15 seconds of fuel every frickin' time I pitted. Frustrating going into the pits with 78 litres of fuel only to sit there while they put in more. :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry about leaving yesterday. Reviewing my replay I see I messed up. Wet strategy was set to recommended. Always triple check folks!!!!!!

Tried pitting again, manually changing pit strategy but no, no wet tires. Tried backing out of the pits and going in again but this time I got stuck in my pit box.:banghead::banghead:

Maybe I will have time to learn how to setup my strategy before the next Pcars come out!!:confused::confused:

Last night though, it sounded like you said everyone slowed to 55m/80k wherever you were at, and only those that were a lap down could overtake. ??

I was a lap down to (I believe) the top 2 or 3, I know Hazard and Camel, but as I was hurrying to catch up to the leader and get my lap back I caught bigtimedave and he and I were in "position" so I slowed and stayed behind. #confused

In the end, it didn't really matter, as my PS4 froze up right after I set my pit strategies. In which it didn't save ANY of the changes, so I struggled all night with getting the wrong damn tires and getting 15 seconds of fuel every frickin' time I pitted. Frustrating going into the pits with 78 litres of fuel only to sit there while they put in more. :lol::lol::lol:
That's also what I heard so I slowed down to 55.

People were asking about racing to the line, I said no passing, stay in position. There was like 8 questions being asked at once when the caution went out. I guess I didn’t answer them in the correct order. :lol:

Nobody had a problem doing the cautions the last 3 races so I’m not sure what changed or what the issue was. :confused: I’ll be sure to triple explain next time. And then explain again once it happens. :lol:

People were asking about racing to the line, I said no passing, stay in position. There was like 8 questions being asked at once when the caution went out. I guess I didn’t answer them in the correct order. :lol:

Nobody had a problem doing the cautions the last 3 races so I’m not sure what changed or what the issue was. :confused: I’ll be sure to triple explain next time. And then explain again once it happens. :lol:

I'm not bothered by your explanation last night, good enough for me. I probably wasn't listening well. :lol: I thought we raced back to the line - then got in order behind the leader(s) and maintained caution speed. I should'a just punted BTD off in the weeds and went on by!! :sly::P

I'm old and feeble and my memory comes and goes like a fart in the wind, I was thinking of it being Pitts league that raced back to the line that's why I asked. Please forgive me for being old and feeble. :nervous:

I'm not bothered by your explanation last night, good enough for me. I probably wasn't listening well. :lol: I thought we raced back to the line - then got in order behind the leader(s) and maintained caution speed. I should'a just punted BTD off in the weeds and went on by!! :sly::P
Pls no punterino into the weeds, I feel bad for holding you up now with my feeble old mind. :bowdown::dunce::rolleyes:

Sorry about leaving yesterday. Reviewing my replay I see I messed up. Wet strategy was set to recommended. Always triple check folks!!!!!!

Tried pitting again, manually changing pit strategy but no, no wet tires. Tried backing out of the pits and going in again but this time I got stuck in my pit box.:banghead::banghead:

Maybe I will have time to learn how to setup my strategy before the next Pcars come out!!:confused::confused:

Not saying anything against you CB but I do like when people admit that whatever went wrong in the pits was of their doing. I know the game has its quirks but its had the same quirks for the last 16 months (last update?) and by now everyone should know how to manipulate this game. That's not to say that we can all make a simple mistake here and there.

As far as the confusion under caution.......I've tried to run cautions in my league and all sorts of other leagues. It seems that everyone always wants to use Nascar rules for the cautions......which doesn't make sense in any type of racing other than Nascar or Oval racing. I've seen countless people who havent the slightest clue about the cautions.....I can only imagine what would happen if a league tried to run cautions the way F1 or a lot of other disciplines run them. I've never been a fan of cautions (although I do wish the game had a way to actually regulate everything during a caution and then my thinking towards cautions might change) but with the bull **** handling car I had last night I could have used one more caution. I did everything in my power to keep Hazard, Sgeti, and Eh Team behind. I feel lucky to have gotten a podium finish and I'm not looking forward to the Sonoma race as I'm almost certain the Nissan is gonna struggle more there than it did at Algarve.

Pls no punterino into the weeds, I feel bad for holding you up now with my feeble old mind. :bowdown::dunce::rolleyes:

@bigtimedave Hahaha!! You didn't hold me up, quite the opposite. I couldn't have screwed my race up anymore if I had tried - but hadn't run in awhile and was enjoying just being "out there" with you guys. Didn't think to recheck my pit strats after the freeze up, and was just trying to make sure I had my tune loaded (which was bollocks anyway, obviously) before the start. Still had fun.

But yeah, in no way shape or form did you hold me up (except under the caution :lol::lol:). Fun racing last night - and I will say that for as much hind-tit that the Caddy sucked in the dry, it was a baller in the wet. I was dang near enough turning wet laps within about 1.5"s to my dry lap time, course, was already two laps down by then, but did get a few of y'all back. :sly: Looking forward to the carnage at Sonoma!

Not saying anything against you CB but I do like when people admit that whatever went wrong in the pits was of their doing. I know the game has its quirks but its had the same quirks for the last 16 months (last update?) and by now everyone should know how to manipulate this game. That's not to say that we can all make a simple mistake here and there.

As far as the confusion under caution.......I've tried to run cautions in my league and all sorts of other leagues. It seems that everyone always wants to use Nascar rules for the cautions......which doesn't make sense in any type of racing other than Nascar or Oval racing. I've seen countless people who havent the slightest clue about the cautions.....I can only imagine what would happen if a league tried to run cautions the way F1 or a lot of other disciplines run them. I've never been a fan of cautions (although I do wish the game had a way to actually regulate everything during a caution and then my thinking towards cautions might change) but with the bull **** handling car I had last night I could have used one more caution. I did everything in my power to keep Hazard, Sgeti, and Eh Team behind. I feel lucky to have gotten a podium finish and I'm not looking forward to the Sonoma race as I'm almost certain the Nissan is gonna struggle more there than it did at Algarve.
Gtr for the win is what I think you mean for Sonoma lol.

It's going to be terrible lol

Really fun race last night! Well done @HazardLvL4 leading the majority of the race, and @SGETI making a strong 2nd half push! I was happy with my pace and how the car performed in the rain after such a stiff car in practice. Thanks again @Luckymouse71 for the tune!

After Round 4 we have a tie for the lead with the GTRs of @mexxifrieboy and @The__Camel leading. Here's to hoping Sonoma can slow them down.:D

See you guys next week for the start of the M1 Procar Series! :cheers:

SRM - PCARS2 2019 Series Results - GT3Limited4.jpg

Attachments

• SRM - PCARS2 2019 Series Results - GT3Limited4.pdf
    80.5 KB · Views: 12
Really fun race last night! Well done @HazardLvL4 leading the majority of the race, and @SGETI making a strong 2nd half push! I was happy with my pace and how the car performed in the rain after such a stiff car in practice. Thanks again @Luckymouse71 for the tune!

After Round 4 we have a tie for the lead with the GTRs of @mexxifrieboy and @The__Camel leading. Here's to hoping Sonoma can slow them down.:D

See you guys next week for the start of the M1 Procar Series! :cheers:

View attachment 855008
Camel and I have the same results just ones backwards lol

Back