Sim Racing Madness [SRM] simracingmadness.comPS4 

Me or someone who is on the reserve lists for these groups should hosa room so everyone can race that way everyone can have fun and get to know each other

Catering a room or club specifically to GTSport converts / new pCars players is an awesome idea!

:gtpflag: RACEDAY ALERT!! :gtpflag:

Tonight we hit our first Oval with the Indy cars. Texas is our first destination, remember I changed it to our first race so we would have some time to learn the corners and practice passing and drafting. Afterward we go to Watkins Glen and Dubai, most should be familiar with those.

Most of the new guys should be able to get in if you sent me a friend request. No promises though if some regulars show up who were not there last week.

Also start thinking about your pick for the World Enduro Round at Road America in a couple weeks. I’ll post up details later this week.

See you all tonight!

I will be making a practice room in 30 minutes.

Check back here for the room ID. However, I may just make it where it's friends only. Either way, I'll post on it here.

Edit: Practice Room is open.
Room ID: (All Capital letters) GCF2J19P86YN

Edit:
New Room at Dubai Room ID: VVYKDDLGC7DV

Edit:
Current Room ID at the Glen: TKPS3VXHGTGN

Last edited:
Soooooo. Ovals, at least Texas Oval, get :censored:ed. What a cluster. And not even talking about the race. That was the most hectic and frustrated I've ever been tying to set up a lobby. @The__Camel (Currently in 1st) is right, that track is BORKED TO FARK! Sad too, because the race went as expected for the most part, but could have been much better if it had let us all practice without some sort of issue. I think everyone had to pit for damage, and let Ms. Daisy himself @Mike Lobban take the victory. Well done though sir!!

Things settled down once we hit the road tracks and the lobby was smooth from there. However, I was so disheveled trying to get the first race going that I didn't get to setup my stream. :ouch:

I don't think I've ever heard more *Sighs* and *Grunts* as when performance impacting damage is on during these shorter races. :lol: More than one of you had their panties in a bunch... so don't deny it. Remember, no one is taking the other out on purpose. We are driving 200+ MPH in our homes where concentration can be lost, distractions occur and 🤬 happens. Take your pit, fix your 🤬, grab a beverage while waiting, get back out there and try your best! Participation Trophies will be handed out at the end of the race, so its win-win!

Going to try and set aside some time this weekend to make sure Indy Oval will work, if not, I'll update the schedule.

HUGE thanks to everyone who stuck it out, seriously, nothing gets me more flustered than rooms and races not working and guys backing out. So thank you, I hope you had fun, it was worth your time, and you'll be back next week.

Enough jabber... to the points!

SRM - PCARS2 Series Results - Indy2.jpg

Attachments

• SRM - PCARS2 Series Results - Indy2.pdf
    168.6 KB · Views: 12
Props goes to you Smcinnis. It's your league and your lobby and you got crapped on for the first hour. I would have been absolutely pissed had I been you. Sorry the first race was **** like it was. Thanks for hanging in there and making it to where all of us got to race and enjoy the night

Props goes to you Smcinnis. It's your league and your lobby and you got crapped on for the first hour. I would have been absolutely pissed had I been you. Sorry the first race was **** like it was. Thanks for hanging in there and making it to where all of us got to race and enjoy the night

I think he froze twice/thrice and put the wrong cars on a few times, + mikes beauty public lobby, and square that with you cant kick people in public lobbies anymore?
It's stupid how some settings save but others don't.... lobby settings, car settings, pit settings.

Thanks for hosting it must have been frustrating dealing with that first race having to recreate the room so many times! It was fun and I actually had fun leading that race for a while! Can’t blame anyone but me for the disaster after the pit though :banghead: 🤬. I am really enjoying it and I def have some learning to do with PC2 ! Gotta learn to tune and work on pit strategy!! Thanks again, don’t let the grumbles bother you as they are just outward expressions of frustration we all succumb to. I still have carbon fiber in my butt!! Lol!! Great group and glad to be a part.

After all the issues got straightened out, it turned into a fun evening.....except for The Glen.....my favorite track, where I got nailed from behind on lap 2 turn one. I don't know who it was and I don't want to know, but it would have taken ten minutes to return to the pits for repairs, so I parked it.
I love ovals, even with a pit stop to repair some small damage, I was able to lap the whole field. Unbelievable. I'm really enjoying this series.

Gotta say, if we're to ever give out a Dumb___ of the Season Award I gotta be leading..

First race, I decided to sit it out and watch you guys because I was pissed after testing and practicing and setting up the Honda for hours and not be able to drive it.

No problem, second race I qualify 6th and within lap 3-4 Im in 4th place and things are going good. Then a commotion on the air waves and I lose my concentration for a moment and into the wall to have to pit. I limp to the pits and of course my pit crew decide to keep me going with a missing front wing, right a-arm and god knows what else.. I decided to back out right then and there because, I would have caused an accident if I decided to limp all the way around the track (damaged) to pit again and that's the last thing I wanted to do was to be a hazard on track.

Third race I kept trying to get into the room but the stupid game continually disallowed me to enter.

So, there you have it, 0 for 3 for the night, but, but, but, I DID have fun and am sure these things are gonna happen from time to time.

Thanks Sean and sorry about last night buddy.

What a fun car to race!! Love it!!!

Second week in a row my pit crew disappointed. Be careful with the "Automatic by Weather" guys... I think I found the glitch. In the second race my tires got changed even tough I had Automatic... but I took fuel. In the third race my tires were not changed and I did not take fuel. This might be it but needs verification.

@sgohsixthree dude, you're awesome, we would never abandon you when times are tough.:cheers::bowdown:

@SGETI , wish I got the tires, might have been a good race to the finish. At least to keep you honest for second...:rolleyes::lol:

@Mike Lobban, if you don't want to know who took you out at the Glen, don't watch it....:lol::scared::ouch:

Missing the Texas stream... forgot to turn it on.

What a fun car to race!! Love it!!!

Second week in a row my pit crew disappointed. Be careful with the "Automatic by Weather" guys... I think I found the glitch. In the second race my tires got changed even tough I had Automatic... but I took fuel. In the third race my tires were not changed and I did not take fuel. This might be it but needs verification.

@sgohsixthree dude, you're awesome, we would never abandon you when times are tough.:cheers::bowdown:

@SGETI , wish I got the tires, might have been a good race to the finish. At least to keep you honest for second...:rolleyes::lol:

@Mike Lobban, if you don't want to know who took you out at the Glen, don't watch it....:lol::scared::ouch:

Missing the Texas stream... forgot to turn it on.

It's ok to start a race with automatic by weather. I do it all the time and never have issues. Now as far as the pits go.....all pit strategies should be set up with the exact tire you want and never on recommended. All psi should be set to your cold pressures also

It's ok to start a race with automatic by weather. I do it all the time and never have issues. Now as far as the pits go.....all pit strategies should be set up with the exact tire you want and never on recommended. All psi should be set to your cold pressures also

I agree it's best to have the tire selected instead of automatic in pit strategy. But I'm curious as to why it works sometimes when Automatic is selected on the pit strategy, like what happened to me last night.

I had it on recomended also last night and it just gave me a repair i didnt know i needed and no tires. That was my whole point in pitting to change that right front tire lol

I felt the same as @potvinsuks
First race, I decided to sit it out and watch you guys because I was pissed after testing and practicing and setting up the Honda for hours and not be able to drive it.
I had no set-up for the heavy-Chevy and didn't think to ask for one and couldn't keep from spinning out, so rather then getting in everyone's way I retired to the pits. But it was a good day to race. Thanks Seaghán

Gotta say, if we're to ever give out a Dumb___ of the Season Award I gotta be leading..

No problem, second race I qualify 6th and within lap 3-4 Im in 4th place and things are going good. Then a commotion on the air waves and I lose my concentration for a moment and into the wall to have to pit. I limp to the pits and of course my pit crew decide to keep me going with a missing front wing, right a-arm and god knows what else.. I decided to back out right then and there because, I would have caused an accident if I decided to limp all the way around the track (damaged) to pit again and that's the last thing I wanted to do was to be a hazard on track.

Third race I kept trying to get into the room but the stupid game continually disallowed me to enter.

So, there you have it, 0 for 3 for the night, but, but, but, I DID have fun and am sure these things are gonna happen from time to time.

Thanks Sean and sorry about last night buddy.

I felt the same as @potvinsuks
I had no set-up for the heavy-Chevy and didn't think to ask for one and couldn't keep from spinning out, so rather then getting in everyone's way I retired to the pits. But it was a good day to race. Thanks Seaghán

Yeah sorry about that. At that point I was so frustrated I just wanted to start the race. When I reset the room it would keep all the settings the same but change it to one make from same class. :banghead: It even saved the private room setting, which it usually almost always defaults to public.

That’s why I turned off the racing license, so at least you didn’t loose points there. Again, sorry I couldn’t get the Honda’s in the first race.

Hello everyone, most of you don't know me but me and @sgohsixthree and unfortunately @coltsjugg go way back. Anywho, I'm running in a Saturday Indycar series with full length races, and we're on our last race. I'm wondering if any of you are interested in being a wildcard for the event. Setups are default for the series and there is a mandatory compound change so long as there's no rain in the actual forecast (spoiler alert: it won't because it's Laguna Seca). Final practice starts at 3pm EDT, with 15-20 minutes of qualifying following that and then the race, which should take 1.5 to 2 hours.

If this sounds interesting please visit this thread to sign up: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...es-round-09-at-sugo-on-11-august-2018.359973/

@etcetera_997 I know you said you were particularly interested in some probable Saturday stuff some time back.

Hello everyone, most of you don't know me but me and @sgohsixthree and unfortunately @coltsjugg go way back. Anywho, I'm running in a Saturday Indycar series with full length races, and we're on our last race. I'm wondering if any of you are interested in being a wildcard for the event. Setups are default for the series and there is a mandatory compound change so long as there's no rain in the actual forecast (spoiler alert: it won't because it's Laguna Seca). Final practice starts at 3pm EDT, with 15-20 minutes of qualifying following that and then the race, which should take 1.5 to 2 hours.

If this sounds interesting please visit this thread to sign up: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...es-round-09-at-sugo-on-11-august-2018.359973/

@etcetera_997 I know you said you were particularly interested in some probable Saturday stuff some time back.
How dare you go behind mcinnis back and post this lol

Road America Enduro Settings updated. Surprise.... NO RANDOM WEATHER! :D It's based on a 3-hour race, so decided to try and be realistic. Scope it on page 1.

Current driver list is below. Driver priority is 1st given to those who raced last race, 2nd to those who have raced the series and are returning, and 3rd to new drivers to the series. If you are unable to make the race or you want to be removed from the list, please say so.

Start looking into you picks!

Next to your name is your remaining available picks Group A / Group B (Might be a little off, it's kinda confusing, and I had a long day. :lol:)

LMP2 (Group A)
GTE (Group B)

Drivers
  1. @mexxifrieboy 3 / 2
  2. @SGETI 2 / 3
  3. @CB_racer 2 / 3
  4. @Alex ONeill 2 / 3
  5. @HazardLvL4 3 / 3
  6. @TVV0_ 2 / 3
  7. @The__Camel 2 / 3
  8. @oldguy58 4 / 1
  9. @bloodyboyblue 3 / 3
  10. @2pfspiff 2 / 3
  11. @bigtimedave 3 / 2
  12. @sgohsixthree 4 / 1
  13. @Mike Lobban 2 / 3
  14. @coltsjugg 3 / 2
  15. @potvinsuks 2 / 3
  16. @Xradkins 2 / 3

Reserve Priority
  1. @etcetera_997 3 / 3
  2. @aerolite 3 / 3
  3. @dret7277 3 / 3
  4. @1LBgummybear 3 / 3
  5. @yogi bear 2 / 3

Reserve
  1. @Esspugo1
  2. @Defiant1776
  3. @Yrak76
  4. @Rvgracer

Road America Enduro Settings updated. Surprise.... NO RANDOM WEATHER! :D It's based on a 3-hour race, so decided to try and be realistic. Scope it on page 1.

Current driver list is below. Driver priority is 1st given to those who raced last race, 2nd to those who have raced the series and are returning, and 3rd to new drivers to the series. If you are unable to make the race or you want to be removed from the list, please say so.

Start looking into you picks!

Next to your name is your remaining available picks Group A / Group B (Might be a little off, it's kinda confusing, and I had a long day. :lol:)

LMP2 (Group A)
GTE (Group B)

Drivers
  1. @mexxifrieboy 3 / 2
  2. @SGETI 2 / 3
  3. @CB_racer 2 / 3
  4. @Alex ONeill 2 / 3
  5. @HazardLvL4 3 / 3
  6. @TVV0_ 2 / 3
  7. @The__Camel 2 / 3
  8. @oldguy58 4 / 1
  9. @bloodyboyblue 3 / 3
  10. @2pfspiff 2 / 3
  11. @bigtimedave 3 / 2
  12. @sgohsixthree 4 / 1
  13. @Mike Lobban 2 / 3
  14. @coltsjugg 3 / 2
  15. @potvinsuks 2 / 3
  16. @Xradkins 2 / 3

Reserve Priority
  1. @etcetera_997 3 / 3
  2. @aerolite 3 / 3
  3. @dret7277 3 / 3
  4. @1LBgummybear 3 / 3
  5. @yogi bear 2 / 3

Reserve
  1. @Esspugo1
  2. @Defiant1776
  3. @Yrak76
  4. @Rvgracer

I’ll do GTE this time, so I’ll probably be doing some agricultural racing

At the start of the series with 8 races yes, but there are 5 races left now. The idea is to have even picks between group A and B. There are only 5 races left, so it goes to 3/3 max, depending on what was chosen before for the guys who joined mid series.
Gotcha....so if I only have 2 choices left in a Group A car I can go ahead and tell you that those choices will be a GT3 car. I'm done with the dumbass front wheel drive cars. Just something a noob would drive or need to learn to race with. The series you ran back in November was fun because of the competition. Sgeti, Onespace, Mexi, and myself had one hell of a race at Laguna Seca. 30 minutes of 4 cars within a second of each other. I still have that replay saved to this day. Problem was we never had to let off of the gas and that just isnt fun to me. Anybody can do that...hence why I say that's a car someone can learn to drive in. I'll stop rambling now....there are two races with the GT3/TCR combo so I'll use my two Group A choices in those races

Back