SR's and wfooshee's Track Day Gallery (Updated 7/18/2006)

7/14-7/15 2006:

AudivsR1vsGT.jpg

GTvsR1.jpg

hondavsmazda.jpg

R1vsGT.jpg

R1vsGT2.jpg

7/16/2006:

GTvsR13.jpg

AudivsR1vsGTvsNSX.jpg

7/17/2006:

zx10rvrx8vslegacyvsnsx.jpg

carsvsbikes2.jpg

7/18/2006:

z4vszx10r.jpg

Very cool 👍 Next time try moving the exposure up a few notches, it'll bring out the colors a lot better.

Alright, they seemed fine to me, but I guess my TV and laptop's brightness is high to the point where everyone elses seems to be low.

Sorry about that folks.

so did you edit the motorcycles into the GT4 pics? or did you get the camera set up in the exact same place on both games and do a double exposure kind of thing?
oooooor, is there some way to upload TT replays into GT4?

Some of these kind were posted in the GT4 gallery Multiple Cars thread including a few I did myself, look at posts after April 2006. There were some folks there confused by the bikes, had never heard of TT, so maybe the TT galleries are a better place for car/bike pics. Here's a redux of mine:

And my busiest pictures, some BMWs at various parts of the Nurburgring:

As for the pictures being dark, they're always too dark right out of the PS2, use RGB Levels or Brightness/Contrast (I prefer levels) to bring them out a bit.

LOL ... lots of bimmer there 👍
great job on taking similar angles from both games

I took this picture from the BMW LM made with the Cockpit View technique from this thread,

and this picture and made this one:

I decided it was boring and started over. I'll do this as a how-to, because even though most of the people in this forum are Really Really Good with Photoshop, there are many who view the pictures wondering how they were done.

I started with the same pictures, cut the car out of the first one, saving it in another new file for later. I applied a motion blur to the fence and greenery background that was left, and pasted part of the bike picture onto it as a new layer. Here's what I have so far:

Obviously the perspective on the bike doesn't match at all. Here's why I kept so much of the background from the bike picture, rather than pasting the bike only: I made the layer partially transparent and used the Skew and Distort functions from the Edit Transform menu to end up with this. Notice how the bike picture's fence posts line up with the background's motion-blurred posts:

Now I made the layer fully opaque, and carefully erased anything from the layer that was not bike. Then I applied a small motion blur to the bike:

Now it's just a matter of pasting the car back in, and I applied 2 even smaller motion blurs in different directions to the car, hopefully to simulate a small camera shake.

Finished picture, MUCH more interesting than the first effort above, which was built exactly the same way, just no motion blurs applied:

If you haven't seen it already, there's a nice collection of Photshop how-to's here.

Wow thats cool (sorry I didnt respond earlier, didnt notice it)

I use a similar method. The only difference is say if I wanted to paste the bike in the picture of with car, I actually just cut the bike out completely along with the shadow.

I'll get to a certain point after using a eraser in PS, I smudge all the colors that surround the bike and rider and that results in getting rid of an outline. More pictures to follow soon.

Yeah, what you're doing is what I did in the pictures higher up, cutting bike, shadow and all. I still take enough background with the bike to match up the scale and perspective, then erase it out with the quickmatte screen. Obviously this pic didn't need a shadow, but it had a definite need to layer the sections for clean overlap.

Latest Posts

Back