Stage 3 Engine < Stage 2 Engine ('08 Civic Type-R)

• Thread starter tomkat492
  • 6 comments
United States
California
tomkat492
Is my Civic just broken? Or is this supposed to happen? The Stage 2 Engine produces a handful more horsepower than the Stage 3. It reaches peak at a lower RPM too. And it's regardless of what other mods are applied. Has anyone else experienced anything different?

Is my Civic just broken? Or is this supposed to happen? The Stage 2 Engine produces a handful more horsepower than the Stage 3. It reaches peak at a lower RPM too. And it's regardless of what other mods are applied. Has anyone else experienced anything different?
Which parts did you put into you Civic?

This has been a Gran Turismo trait since GT3 - occasionally some cars will make more power with a lower stage of tuning. Nothing is wrong so just enjoy the money savings. But, just to be sure, change your oil (if you haven't done so) and take a second look.

Somehow I've never swooped up one of those cars until now. And I tried it with pretty much every other power mod to offer except for a fresh oil change. It was just weird to be building the car for 450PP, drop down an engine mod and gain power. @_@

So it didn't really save me much haha.

Weird. Did the stage 3 have more torque than stage 2, or a different shaped powerband? Makes me wonder if someone at PD mixed the stage 2 and 3 numbers up!

Most NA engine upgrades in GT seem to have the same shaped powerband despite describing "racing cams" etc. In GT4 I think the old VW beetle changed power curve shape massively with +3 engine, but it was about the only car that did!

Cheers,

Bread

"Fully built" N/A Stage 3 with no oil change: 324hp/209ft-lb with redline at 9600.

"Fully built" N/A Stage 2 with no oil change: 326hp/213ft-lb with redline at 9500.

Power curves look identical. Similar results with all three turbos applied. Similar results with less modification as well.

Back