Star Wars Battlefront ;)

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 898 comments
I don't know if the pre-order bonus has been mentioned. If it hasn't, the pre-order is the Battle of Jakku. Basically you can "learn" (and I use that term loosely) the events before Star Wars: The Force Awakens. You get 2 maps on Jakku and 7 days early access with the pre-order.

I think the 40 players part is only for the Assault mode within the game (the mode that might've been the one that was featured in the trailer where the Rebels are attacking the AT-AT with the Y-wings).

Space battles are cool, but at least you'll still have ships to fly, just near the planet's surface is all. I don't have a PS4, but I might be willing to get one if this game is looking to be good.

If they're preparing the same DLC extortion model as the Battlefield series, I'll most probably only pick it up once they have a 'complete edition' on shelf. I'm waiting for the same to pick up Hardline.

They're saying you won't have any sights in this game, you just free fire from the hip. But apparently some rifles can equip scopes, so basically they'll be OP and the only thing worth having right?

Doesn't sound very different from the other Battlefront games. It's the case with a lot of 3rd person games, it won't be that bad (I hope).

$69 Deluxe Ed. unlocks 5 in-game items.

1434022716-star-wars-battlefront-deluxe-edition-xbox-one.jpg 1434022716-star-wars-battlefront-deluxe-edition-ps4.jpg 1434034822-star-wars-battlefront-deluxe-edition.jpg

The PS4 footage looked amazing, I can't imagine what it's going to look like on PC.

Probably worse unless your PC is turbocharged.:P
I'm surprised this game isn't getting as much attention on GTP as other games are, for me this was the top game at E3.

Probably worse unless your PC is turbocharged.:P
I'm surprised this game isn't getting as much attention on GTP as other games are, for me this was the top game at E3.
Beacause EA pretty much already ruined it with the extremely limited content

Beacause EA pretty much already ruined it with the extremely limited content

Honestly I don't care about the limited content, previous shoot 'em ups like CoD and Battlefield have always felt fairly limited anyway, they're still heaps of fun. They'll probably add more maps and weapons later on anyway.

Not really into Star Wars but have to say, I'm pretty excited about this, does look cool!
I was thinking the same thing. I have been a long time Battlefield fan and I know most of that started with Star Wars Battlefront. So I will be keeping an eye on this. Especially since it also has a co-op campaign.

Apparently EA started a Closed Alpha for Battlefront on PC. Sadly I think it already closed and no one knows if it'll be open again. Tried signing up the other day and it told me this:

fWeNF6p.png

Don't know why they let you sign up yet it mentions the alpha is available to a "small number of users" :/

They're saying you won't have any sights in this game, you just free fire from the hip. But apparently some rifles can equip scopes, so basically they'll be OP and the only thing worth having right?

There is aiming down sights which we saw in the gameplay trailer, it looks different to regular BF games though. Massively hyped for this game, I'm building a new PC so I can get maximum eye candy.

You ass! Haha

Yes, yes I am. I will probably gloat until the final release comes out, that is if the alpha is any good. Other alpha's I've tested have been crap, riddled with connection issues and sub-par graphics. That is, after all, the purpose of testing is to see how it will perform in a real world environment. still excited to see the one map that they will probably show.

I was rather jealous and mad that you got in. Just seeing someone in it really. First day there was closed-alpha I went on the site and it said I don't have access. Didn't even let me sign-up and try to get in. :irked:

Maybe patience will be more rewarding.

I was rather jealous and mad that you got in. Just seeing someone in it really. First day there was closed-alpha I went on the site and it said I don't have access. Didn't even let me sign-up and try to get in. :irked:

Maybe patience will be more rewarding.

What I thought was odd, even my buddy got in. You can see in the image that "friends who play" also has it. I figured they were passing them out like candy, but I guess not.

Interesting. Do you play any other games on Origin? I thought that might be it as I don't technically have any of their games on PC. Although I do on consoles but perhaps that doesn't count.

Back