Star Wars Battlefront ;)

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 898 comments
Had time for a quick MP 20 on 20 match. This is gonna be a fun game!

Think Battlefield 4, but on an ice planet, with a Star Wars theme, with blasters, AT AT's, and energy shields.

If they can keep the cheaters and wankers from ruining the game, it should provide lots of entertainment.

There is also a campaign mode that you can run through with a buddy. I haven't tried this yet.

I would love to post some pics or vids but I would like to keep my Origin account so that''s not gonna happen.

Last edited:
WYikGOk.png

That is all....

I hate you.

Hopefully they have an open beta before release :)

Nice shots, Pako are you able to change the appearance of your character? Storm troopers probably not but I heard you have a variety of characters for the rebels... Also is the game much more demanding on hardware than BF4?

Nice shots, Pako are you able to change the appearance of your character? Storm troopers probably not but I heard you have a variety of characters for the rebels... Also is the game much more demanding on hardware than BF4?

Character options are not available in the Alpha. I will say it runs really smooth, comparable to BF4. All settings on high with a 780, not s problem. Yesterday I got to fly Y Wingd, drive AT ATs, and even a Walker. Good times. :)

Character options are not available in the Alpha. I will say it runs really smooth, comparable to BF4. All settings on high with a 780, not s problem. Yesterday I got to fly Y Wingd, drive AT ATs, and even a Walker. Good times. :)

Any issues with pop in? and how do you like the HUD so far?

No issues. Stable gameplay, simple HUD. Seems farther along than Alpha. It's got a mature feeling in its development. Not sure how the skill tree will work as there isn't a lot of detail there. Weapons are unlocking as I level up.

From the footage I have seen it looks like the game chooses a random rebel character for you, which makes sense otherwise everyone could choose the same one. Have you driven the AT STs? Are they easy to use?

Last edited:
From the footage I have seen it looks like the game chooses a random rebel character for you, which makes sense otherwise everyone could choose the same one. Have you driven the AT STs? Are they easy to use?

This is true, you just get a random character as a rebel. I was surprised at something related to this actually. Playing on the empire side, everyone has helmets on so it makes you feel more expendable. Being on the Rebel side feels different in a subtle way; everyone around you looks different and you get a definite sense of being a united group of so many different races.

Feels awesome, makes me want to play as rebels a lot more and this is coming from an empire fan.

Everything in the game feels really good, except the X-Wings, which need work to be able to fly and have more fun with. TIEs are the funnest thing to control for me, they're so fast and nimble - the sound is epic too. Just need to get used to shooting lasers instead of bullets xD.

AT-STs control exactly the way you'd expect. Not much in the way of innovation there, besides the cool multi-shot ability it has I guess.

I love being a grunt way more than I expected though. I'm kind of a vehicle whore when it comes to BF games, but SWBF, so far at least, has motivated me to stay infantry because of how much fun it is. Thermal Detonators D:

I hope they give the AT-STs a bit more armour, they seem to last about 30 seconds before being destroyed from what I have seen. Lots of balancing tweaks will be done before release no doubt, either way the game looks amazing :D

I have to ask, for those in the alpha, are mines/landmines basically overpowered like they were in Battlefront 2?

Multiplayer info
2luz1h0.jpg

EA
Blast Mode: Team Deathmatch

When you’re hungry for a classic, challenging game mode within the Star Wars universe, there is one obvious choice: Blast.

Star Wars Battlefront’s Team Deathmatch mode, Blast, pits the Rebel and Imperial factions against each other with intense 10 vs 10 battles. If your team reaches 100 kills, or are ahead when the 10-minute round is over, you’ve won. Immediate, addictive, and exciting until the very last kill; that is our ambition with Blast.

Blast offers a lot of variety both in terms of gameplay and the unpredictable nature of the opposing team. Actual levels within the mode also happen to hold great variation as well.

Our Lead Level Designer Dennis Brännvall tells us about breathtaking sights within the mode that Star Wars fans will come across:

“One battle you’ll be fighting within interior levels on Endor or Sullust. In the next battle, you might find yourselves among Tatooine’s dusty canyons, or inside the undeniably cool Ice Caves on Hoth. My favorite is the verticality of Tatooine, fighting by the Sandcrawler.”

To keep the action dense in this close-quarters mode, the Blast maps are not as vast as in other game modes. You should know that they are all specifically designed for the specific game mode in mind; in other words, these aren’t just smaller versions of maps used elsewhere. Brännvall notes that this variation is crucial and something that can be noticed in other ways too:

“Say you've just played Walker Assault mode on Hoth and then switched to Blast, still on Hoth. Thanks to variations in lighting and time of day, you'll definitely see a difference.”

As in other Star Wars Battlefront game modes, the key to success is choosing a hand with a weapon layout that suits you and the battle conditions. Also, you'll find weapon pickups strewn across the map, and since there are no vehicles or Heroes & Villains joining the fight, the strategic value of these pickups is quite high.

“Whether you pick up a Droid scanning for nearby enemies or a turret that’ll control a zone for you, the pickups can really turn the tide of a Blast match,” says Brännvall. “They are not around every corner though, so keep your eyes peeled.”

If you’re a fan of deadly matches between two teams, or if you want to enjoy the core of the game’s multiplayer mode, jump into Blast when Star Wars Battlefront releases across the galaxy November 17th.

Fighter Squadron mode looks awesome. The content might be limited, but this game will be so much fun!

Am I the only one not impressed by this showcase?

The gameplay is likely to be great, but something in my head spoils the fun of it. Everything looks like a reskin of Battlefield 4, even the game modes (dogfighting mode is really like the helicopter battle mode that BF4 has, traditional rush seems to be there, as well as conquest modes), battles have the look and feel of a BF4 match (which is not bad on itself, but is not what Battlefront is about).

Not trying to hate on it, it looks great, but this is a no buy for me. Not sure if someone feels the same way as me, but the whole point of the Battlefront series was Galactic Conquest (managing resources, sending fleets to iconic planets, having the space battle and the sque-table game), that game mode made this franchise, and I feel DICE is missing the point (again, as with this gen, is more about spectacle than substance).

I'm going to make a small comparison (in this case with Metal Gear, to be precise the jump between Peace Walker and MGS V:TPP), Kojima productions realized that the best improvement they could do was both gameplay and "meta gameplay" (the whole mother base concept), they had the resources for this and they expanded the game on both sides. Meanwhile DICE just took the Star Wars Licence and made a Battlefield game, again. DICE is not designing a Battlefront game, but rather a Battlefield game, and it sucks because is the same old formulaic thing that Activision has been doing with COD franchise since quite a while

Am I the only one not impressed by this showcase?

The gameplay is likely to be great, but something in my head spoils the fun of it. Everything looks like a reskin of Battlefield 4, even the game modes (dogfighting mode is really like the helicopter battle mode that BF4 has, traditional rush seems to be there, as well as conquest modes), battles have the look and feel of a BF4 match (which is not bad on itself, but is not what Battlefront is about).

Not trying to hate on it, it looks great, but this is a no buy for me. Not sure if someone feels the same way as me, but the whole point of the Battlefront series was Galactic Conquest (managing resources, sending fleets to iconic planets, having the space battle and the sque-table game), that game mode made this franchise, and I feel DICE is missing the point (again, as with this gen, is more about spectacle than substance).

I'm going to make a small comparison (in this case with Metal Gear, to be precise the jump between Peace Walker and MGS V:TPP), Kojima productions realized that the best improvement they could do was both gameplay and "meta gameplay" (the whole mother base concept), they had the resources for this and they expanded the game on both sides. Meanwhile DICE just took the Star Wars Licence and made a Battlefield game, again. DICE is not designing a Battlefront game, but rather a Battlefield game, and it sucks because is the same old formulaic thing that Activision has been doing with COD franchise since quite a while

Dice aren't trying to make this game like the previous titles, they are making their own version. Yes it's basically Battlefield star wars, so if you don't like battlefield you probably won't like this either.

Yeah I have no problem with how this game is being made so far. It's already going to be a lot of fun. Can you expect more? Always, but then you constantly feel disappointed with the game you get.
BTW, I can't wait to jump in the A-Wing, it was always my favorite Star Wars star fighter.

Yeah I have no problem with how this game is being made so far. It's already going to be a lot of fun. Can you expect more? Always, but then you constantly feel disappointed with the game you get.
BTW, I can't wait to jump in the A-Wing, it was always my favorite Star Wars star fighter.

Hey Paulie, are you still playing on console?

I'm not even a star wars fan and I'm excited about this game, I am however a bit of a Battlefield fan.

So, after originally being announced as a 500GB console pack, it appears the Star Wars Battlefront game bundle is now a 1TB console, which is what I'm now going to be getting. I'm actually kind of excited to get some of the old Star Wars Classics games with it. One is Star Wars Racer Revenge, an old pod racing game I always wanted as a kid but never got. Fulfilling childhood aspiration FTW!

211335_detail_v2.jpg

This bundle contains:

• Fully Customised PlayStation 4 Chassis featuring Darth Vader
  • Full Customised DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller
  • Star Wars™ Battlefront™
  • 4 Star Wars Classics on Voucher
    • Super Star Wars
    • Star Wars: Racer Revenge
    • Jedi Starfighter
    • Star Wars Bounty Hunter
  • Unlock five extra in-game items:
    • Inflict more damage on enemy vehicles with the Ion Grenade.
    • Lock on and ravage your opponents’ vehicles with the Ion Torpedo.
    • Become the ultimate scoundrel with the DL-44 blaster, made famous by Han Solo.
    • Get electrified with the Ion Shock emote.
    • Celebrate your win in style and pump your fist in the air with the exclusive Victory emote.

So, after originally being announced as a 500GB console pack, it appears the Star Wars Battlefront game bundle is now a 1TB console, which is what I'm now going to be getting. I'm actually kind of excited to get some of the old Star Wars Classics games with it. One is Star Wars Racer Revenge, an old pod racing game I always wanted as a kid but never got. Fulfilling childhood aspiration FTW!

I used to love playing Racer Revenge a lot back on the PS2. Fun (and frustrating) times!

Back