Statistically...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 50 comments
GTP's friendliest member suddenly becomes a lot more sinister

As GTP's friendliest member.................... And having GTP's friendliest member.........I support this joke. Statistically speaking of course.

Statistically speaken, what are the chances of me becoming "Administrator" and becoming @Jordan's right hand on the throne of GTP?

Monaco, which has the highest population density for a sovereign state, has the population density 2.45 times as high as Singapore, which is second on the list.

Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

Thus.

hard-facts-about-penis-size-640x637.jpg

I'm Belgian :dopey:

Statistically Vatican City has the lowest birth rate in the word at 0.

Statically you're more likely to die from a pair of trousers than on a BA flight - that's from BA statisticians, of course.

The problem with statistics is, as shown by niky's graph, that they can be made to fit just about anything with the right manipulation.

It reminds me of the way that advertisers use "72% of women agree" type slogans when the amount of women polled is usually just the right amount to produce a high enough percentage.

It also has one of the highest crime rates in the world with an average of 600 crimes per year from a population of 500.

That is an interesting statistic. I would have assumed that being all holy and whatnot would prevent such thing.

How are we addressing 'crime' in this instance? The laws of Italy? The laws of the EU? Or the laws of Vatican?

There is a higher percentage of the population in jail in America than anywhere else in the world at 724 people per 100,000.

The land of the free so they say. :lol:

How are we addressing 'crime' in this instance? The laws of Italy? The laws of the EU? Or the laws of Vatican?

The most frequent crimes are petty offences such as pickpocketing, shoplifting and the like and they mainly happen in St Peter's Square. Under the 1929 Lateran Treaty in which Italy and the Vatican formally recognised each other's sovereignty, Italian police are allowed to arrest and prosecute people for crimes which take place in St Peter's Square because that area is patrolled by Italian police. The Swiss Guards are more like the Church's private guard than a Vatican police force although a civilian gendarmeria does exist.

Wikipedia also chips in:

Vatican City has no prison system, apart from a few detention cells for pre-trial detention. People convicted of committing crimes in the Vatican serve terms in Italian prisons (Polizia Penitenziaria), with costs covered by the Vatican.

---

That is an interesting statistic.

But for fairness' sake, the population of 500 is old news (2002). It's about 800 now.

Thanks for that, @Liquid, I was under the assumption that a crime in the Vatican was separate from Italy's judicial system.

A lot of those things depend on circumstance. A dog is 130x more likely to kill me than a shark because the dogs rarely go swimming in the sea, get into a fight with a shark, and win.

I'm not sure how a shark gets killed playing high school 'football' though.

Back