Steam Deck, Valve's Answer to the Nintendo Switch, Announced for December Release

daan

Salut Gilles
Scotland
Scotland
GTP_daan
But can it RUN NASCAR?
Probably.

1634570012213.png

neema_t

Bearded Member
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
neema_t
More Deck news:

Valve has announced a compatibility certification system, Steam Deck Verified:

Rock Paper Shotgun had a chat with Valve about it too.

And Half-Life 2 has been updated to add some apparently Deck-specific features including HUD scaling and aspect ratio independence, Vulkan support, fixes for various bugs and a few other nice things like ultrawide support:

GTvsForza

Premium
United States
The Gem State
GTvsForza
GTvsForza
I'm probably going to get one for myself over holiday break. I'll consider it a graduation gift :)

neema_t

Bearded Member
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
neema_t
I'm probably going to get one for myself over holiday break. I'll consider it a graduation gift :)
That's extremely optimistic, given that there's a queue and if you join it now the delivery date is "after Q2 2022"... Unless you meant the holiday break next year!

GTvsForza

Premium
United States
The Gem State
GTvsForza
GTvsForza
Well I thought they would be in stores by then. I didn't think would need to join a queue...

neema_t

Bearded Member
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
neema_t
☹️

Delayed two months. I'm Q2 now so clearly wasn't near the front of the Q1 queue!

Terronium-12

The Man Comes Around
United States
Brooklyn, NY
KR_Viper
I Renown I
☹️

Delayed two months. I'm Q2 now so clearly wasn't near the front of the Q1 queue!

I was coming here to moan about this very thing! :lol:

Just got an email and I won't be getting mine until February. It's sooner than Q2, sure, but a delay is a delay — it still sucks.