Steam Halloween Sale Brings Racing Game Discounts

Some good deals for sure.

I'd "treat" myself to some of them but I haven't got a "ghost" of a chance of getting them to run on my laptop...

Must confess, I had a bit of a post-birthday splurge as a result. Picked up ACC + DLC, RFactor 2 + a load of DLC and the AMS2 Season Pass.

It's a fantastic driving experience, but did you ever have an 80's home computer where you had to load games from a tape cassette? Well if you did then you're in for a nostalgia trip because that's how long it takes to load some of the tracks, even from an NVMe SSD ;)

Beam.NG is also on sale. Only thing I bought this year is Kokoro Clover.
Already had that one in the library, destructive fun.

It's a fantastic driving experience, but did you ever have an 80's home computer where you had to load games from a tape cassette? Well if you did then you're in for a nostalgia trip because that's how long it takes to load some of the tracks, even from an NVMe SSD ;)
I gave it a quick go last night and yes, the 'ring from my NVMe SSD chugged away loading, but once it did, taking the SR3 around it was just wonderful. Its just such an odd title, the driving is amazing, the mods are a doddle to install, but as a package, the UI and UX seem to have been designed simply to piss people off!

I also (non-racing) picked up Portal, Portal 2 and Deux Ex Human Revolution for under a fiver for all three.

Last edited:
I gave it a quick go last night and yes, the 'ring from my NVMe SSD chugged away loading, but once it did, taking the SR3 around it was just wonderful. Its just such an odd title, the driving is amazing, the mods are a doddle to install, but as a package, the UI and UX seem to have been designed simply to piss people off!

And then some. Honestly I really don't do any time in it these days due to the UI and the loading times. They are working on a new UI which I've not seen yet, but for those that are running the UI beta it's been a mixed bag as far as I can tell

I also (non-racing) picked up Portal, Portal 2 and Deux Ex Human Revolution for under a fiver for all three.

Never did get on with the Deux Ex titles, but the Portal series are an absolute treat - totally fantastic and a masterclass in game design.

Oh and by the way, as you've picked up ACC for PC there's something that you can do with it that you can't on console. And that is MoTeC Telemetry

Go to https://www.motec.com.au/i2/i2downloads/ and you can download i2 pro for free, and then follow the instructions on https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...-telemetry-and-dedicated-acc-workspace.55103/

Even if you don't need it, it's fun to look at the pretty graphs.

And then some. Honestly I really don't do any time in it these days due to the UI and the loading times. They are working on a new UI which I've not seen yet, but for those that are running the UI beta it's been a mixed bag as far as I can tell

Never did get on with the Deux Ex titles, but the Portal series are an absolute treat - totally fantastic and a masterclass in game design.

Oh and by the way, as you've picked up ACC for PC there's something that you can do with it that you can't on console. And that is MoTeC Telemetry

Go to https://www.motec.com.au/i2/i2downloads/ and you can download i2 pro for free, and then follow the instructions on https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...-telemetry-and-dedicated-acc-workspace.55103/

Even if you don't need it, it's fun to look at the pretty graphs.
Ooo telemetry, that’s getting installed

Gonna go on and get Nascar Heat 5 since I was waiting for a substantial discount before buying it :)

Might also get both DLCs for ACC as well.

Last edited:
Ooo telemetry, that’s getting installed

Oh, one more thing that's essential for a PC sim racer, if you haven't got it already - Crew Chief - http://thecrewchief.org/

Just make sure you put "sweary mode" on for full effect. It's simply uncanny how it knows what's happening, it adds a complete new level of immersion, works with just about every PC racing sim, and it's totally free unless you want to donate a beer or two to the developer - which you will want to do ;)

Oh, one more thing that's essential for a PC sim racer, if you haven't got it already - Crew Chief - http://thecrewchief.org/

Just make sure you put "sweary mode" on for full effect. It's simply uncanny how it knows what's happening, it adds a complete new level of immersion, works with just about every PC racing sim, and it's totally free unless you want to donate a beer or two to the developer - which you will want to do ;)
I’ma long time follower of the crew chief dev, used it loads in PC2, even had my weird first name included the name list.

Internet cookie for anyone that can figure it out.

Sort of Steam-related: RaceRoom also has a 20% off for most of their stuff. I’m waiting for Black Friday though to grab the premium pack (all the content) with vRP.

Went all in with that few weeks a go, and I've gotta say it was well worth it even at full price. The AI is uncannily realistic in its behaviour and will capitalise on your mistakes, plus the VR implementation, while not particularly optimised, is pretty damned good once you've got the settings dialled in (tip turn off main shadows, but leave contact shadows active).

A must have for rFactor 2 if you want to create a career or custom championships.

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ffline-and-league-championship-manager.48117/

It's such a powerful tool I actually use it for league management.

Screenshot (12).png

Edit:
Don’t forget to use the new UI, load times and the interface are much improved. They are switching to it permanently next month.

Also, visit the Workshop on the rFactor 2 steam homepage to get lots of great free mods. Just hit subscribe to automatically download.

Last edited:
Took the opportunity to get Nascar Heat 5 in this, been a long while since I've had a Nascar game on hand personally.

Took the opportunity to get Nascar Heat 5 in this, been a long while since I've had a Nascar game on hand personally.

I’m thinking about getting Heat 4 instead for cheaper, not sure whether the double price would justify for me the difference.

A must have for rFactor 2 if you want to create a career or custom championships.

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ffline-and-league-championship-manager.48117/

It's such a powerful tool I actually use it for league management.

View attachment 968631

Edit:
Don’t forget to use the new UI, load times and the interface are much improved. They are switching to it permanently next month.

Also, visit the Workshop on the rFactor 2 steam homepage to get lots of great free mods. Just hit subscribe to automatically download.
Will take a look at the new UI, the marketplace I’ve already hit, lots of fun stuff from it and Race Department (already found Oulton Park, one of my favourites).

Last edited:
No racing games for me - got enough on my plate with Wreckfest, ACC, iRacing and F1.

Picked up that new horror game Phasmophobia, the one nobody seems to shut up about. Yet to play it...

Picked up Assetto Corsa, and wasted too much time to get it anyway near drivable with a controller, i understand the desire to make great sims that peaks with a wheel, but what is stopping the developers from providing even basic support for controllers?

Naturally i am going to refund the game :-/

As well as Steam there are also great discounts on PSN - AC Ultimate Edition is just £8.24. It is well worth getting (if you have a wheel) even just for the Maserati 250F's - for me the standout cars in the game - so impressed that I'm planning an online series - anyone interested please send me a PM.

Seems like new liveries are the only difference. Picked up 4 on the psn sale this week.

Just picked up Heat 4 myself last night, same reasoning. I also picked up the ACC IGTC and GT4 packs, rFactor 2 (just the base game plus a bunch of Steam Workshop mods) and Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 with their Porsche DLC.

Outstanding items on my wishlist waiting for Black Friday:
AMS2 Season Pass
ACC British GT pack
SimBin mega bundle
RaceRoom all content
Few official rF2 DLCs

No racing games for me - got enough on my plate with Wreckfest, ACC, iRacing and F1.

Picked up that new horror game Phasmophobia, the one nobody seems to shut up about. Yet to play it...
I discovered this in the featured section of Steam today. Have you played it yet? From a little bit of research it seems to be a blast to play with friends, not so much solo.

I discovered this in the featured section of Steam today. Have you played it yet? From a little bit of research it seems to be a blast to play with friends, not so much solo.

I've logged about six hours in now and I've definitely enjoyed it enough to recommend it. I paid £9.39 for it, and my usual Return on Investment ratio for recommendations is £1 an hour, so to get over two thirds of that in two weeks is pretty good. It's brilliant with friends, especially a four person party on the big maps, and it works equally well alone, although my heart and sphincter recoil at the thought of another solo game would heartily recommend it if you have any mates with the game

I've logged about six hours in now and I've definitely enjoyed it enough to recommend it. I paid £9.39 for it, and my usual Return on Investment ratio for recommendations is £1 an hour, so to get over two thirds of that in two weeks is pretty good. It's brilliant with friends, especially a four person party on the big maps, and it works equally well alone, although my heart and sphincter recoil at the thought of another solo game would heartily recommend it if you have any mates with the game
Thanks for the reply.

So I went ahead and purchased that day ... impulse!

I couldn't complete the tutorial. Yeah, pathetic.

So I watched some YT videos and went straight to online. My sphincter was MUCH more relaxed playing with others. It was a random party of online, but just seeing other normal humans and having their voice was comforting.

I will be playing this more.

Back