Cold Warrior's Gran Turismo Sport Event Archives

7:30 EST or 6:30 CST is the start of qualifying, correct?? I thought I was on time to qualify for the last race but I must have been late.

Last edited:
PS_App_20210221_035506.jpeg

Race 5 Results

Race Winner: fastone371

Pole Award: TheColdWarriors

Fastest Lap: fastone371

List Penalties:

*Fastone371 Multiple Pit Speeding Violations -5 Points

*TheColdWarriors Pit Speeding Violation -2 Points

*Jarkulary Multiple Pit Speeding Violations -5 Points

Points standings update coming soon.

Last edited:
Next Race

Race 6 - March 27th, 2021
2 Hours of Lago Maggiore II

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - GP II
2 Hours, Conditions 18:15 Afternoon, Clear
Grid Start
Tires x4 Fuel x2
Fuel At Start 94%
Corner Penalties Strong
Qualifying Time: 11 minutes​

View attachment 993028
Race 5 Results

Race Winner: fastone371

Pole Award: TheColdWarriors

Fastest Lap: fastone371

List Penalties:

*Fastone371 Multiple Pit Speeding Violations -5 Points

*TheColdWarriors Pit Speeding Violation -2 Points

*Jarkulary Multiple Pit Speeding Violations -5 Points

Points standings update coming soon.

I forgot about that fricken pit speed thing and never practiced it, its especially hard here because of the 5 minute lap time. I was learning on the fly, if we could adjust the gear ratios I would set up first or second gear to hit the rev limiter at 100 MPH.

I forgot about that fricken pit speed thing and never practiced it, its especially hard here because of the 5 minute lap time. I was learning on the fly, if we could adjust the gear ratios I would set up first or second gear to hit the rev limiter at 100 MPH.
I try to remind everyone before the race starts. I think you came in after I posted it. You could have spent a qualifying lap to test out pitting.

I was expecting a lot pit penalties for here and Tokyo East race later in the season anyways. Do to the high speed pit entries.

I had to start braking at the first yellow pit sign in order to slow down enough. I missed the first sign on lap 11 and sped. That's how I got my penalty.

That's part of the challenge of no tuning. Gear ratios may be inconvenient for the circuit. Though the default 2nd gear limiter is 96 mph.

I try to remind everyone before the race starts. I think you came in after I posted it. You could have spent a qualifying lap to test out pitting.

I was expecting a lot pit penalties for here and Tokyo East race later in the season anyways. Do to the high speed pit entries.

I had to start braking at the first yellow pit sign in order to slow down enough. I missed the first sign on lap 11 and sped. That's how I got my penalty.

That's part of the challenge of no tuning. Gear ratios may be inconvenient for the circuit. Though the default 2nd gear limiter is 96 mph.

The real challenge is going to be the next race at Maggiore II, thats a track that just should not be run in reverse. It will be especially bad with these high powered cars on hybrid car tires because most braking areas are on curves, this track requires extensive trail braking. These cars on these tires do not trail brake well, I may have to adjust in game settings to turn tire squealing off, it becomes very annoying after awhile.

The real challenge is going to be the next race at Maggiore II, thats a track that just should not be run in reverse. It will be especially bad with these high powered cars on hybrid car tires because most braking areas are on curves, this track requires extensive trail braking. These cars on these tires do not trail brake well, I may have to adjust in game settings to turn tire squealing off, it becomes very annoying after awhile.
I choose the reverse layout over forward layout for this series. Because of lack of runoff room in turn 1 and the pit exit issues of the forward layout. Which I thought would be a bad idea with these

I like Lago Maggiore a lot. It's one of my favorites of the new original circuits. One of creative layouts they can up with in years. With some unique corners that don't exist on any real life circuit that I know of. With the of my highlights being turn 5 of the forward layout. A corner that is both decreasing and increasing.

My only 2 complaints about the Circuit. Is the bad pit exit of the forward layouts. Which has caused so many collisions. And the lack of runoff room in turn 1. One the heaviest braking zones on the circuit.

The pit need to exit after turn 1 on that short straight or maybe even to the outside of turn 2.

As for the lack of runoff room. That can move that wall closer to turn 3 and either pave it or add a gravel pit. You even shouldn't be pointing at that turn 3 wall for the forward layout. And reverse entry turn 3 is a much slower than turn 1 entry. So turn 3 can spare the runoff room.

I choose the reverse layout over forward layout for this series. Because of lack of runoff room in turn 1 and the pit exit issues of the forward layout. Which I thought would be a bad idea with these

I like Lago Maggiore a lot. It's one of my favorites of the new original circuits. One of creative layouts they can up with in years. With some unique corners that don't exist on any real life circuit that I know of. With the of my highlights being turn 5 of the forward layout. A corner that is both decreasing and increasing.

My only 2 complaints about the Circuit. Is the bad pit exit of the forward layouts. Which has caused so many collisions. And the lack of runoff room in turn 1. One the heaviest braking zones on the circuit.

The pit need to exit after turn 1 on that short straight or maybe even to the outside of turn 2.

As for the lack of runoff room. That can move that wall closer to turn 3 and either pave it or add a gravel pit. You even shouldn't be pointing at that turn 3 wall for the forward layout. And reverse entry turn 3 is a much slower than turn 1 entry. So turn 3 can spare the runoff room.

In the reverse layout I think turn 3 is going to be a problem because the wall is right beside the track. Its the last left before the banked horse shoe. Plus like I alluded to earlier it seems like most braking zones here are during curves which is horrible for these tires. I am guessing there will be a lot of offs during this race, we will see, maybe its just me because I hate the reverse layout so bad, it has absolutely no flow.

In the reverse layout I think turn 3 is going to be a problem because the wall is right beside the track. Its the last left before the banked horse shoe. Plus like I alluded to earlier it seems like most braking zones here are during curves which is horrible for these tires. I am guessing there will be a lot of offs during this race, we will see, maybe its just me because I hate the reverse layout so bad, it has absolutely no flow.
I was counting down the reverse layout. Not sure how most racing facilities would count turns if the track was races in reverse. Since most race tracks are not designed bi-directional. The only real life tracks I know that do are Willow Springs' Streets, Horse Thief Mile, and Indy's Road Course before it was reconfigured.

I do know the most racing facilities that have a shorter version of the course. Will just skip the used corners instead of recounting for the short track. I personally think it lazy but, I don't own a race track. So not my call.

Gran Turismo counts 17 turns for the full layouts. If counting up for the reverse layout. I so believe turn 3 is the would be the first left. The banked hairpin would turn 7.

I was saying that the turn 3 / 15 wall needs to be moved to give turn 1 / 17 more runoff room for the forward layout.

Sending these cars into the heavy braking zones of flat turn 1 would be a bad idea. Especially with that pit exit issues too. All you need is someone to exit the pits when you're already committed to the corner.

Anyways shouldn't you put your focus on the Streets of Willow Springs. Which is next for either series.

This next also the last race before something I hate. When the clock changes for Daylight Savings. It's just a source of confusion to everyone twice year. Also since not everywhere practices Daytime Savings or changes their clocks the same weekend. Just makes things worse.

Last edited:
@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

Here are the current drivers standings. Please note that since series scores is best 10 of 14 races. fastone371 is behind by 2 races and rhcpeppers is behind by 4 races. Once Jarkulary and I reach our 10 races things will balances out.

Drivers Standings

5 of 14 races, Best of 10 races count.

1st. TheColdWarriors 62 pts
2nd. Jarkulary 61 pts
3rd. fastone371 21 pts
4th. redhotcpeppers 8 pts
5th. son_love_u_moms 6 pts

Also on another note. Our next race for this series will take place after Daylight Savings is reapplied to my area. If your area does not practice Daylight Savings or does not change on the same weekend as the US. Races will start 1 hour earlier for you.

Eastern Standard Time (EST) UTC-5
Nov 1st, 2020 - Mar 14th, 2021
Nov 7th - Mar 13th, 2022

Eastern Daylight Savings Time (EDT) UTC-4
Mar 14th, 2021 - Nov 7th, 2021

Last edited:
Anyways shouldn't you put your focus on the Streets of Willow Springs. Which is next for either series.

This next also the last race before something I hate. When the clock changes for Daylight Savings. It's just a source of confusion to everyone twice year. Also since not everywhere practices Daytime Savings or changes their clocks the same weekend. Just makes things worse.

I had to try something else, I have my 500+ laps in at Streets of Willow already, I have been putting in 50+ lap sessions since the Sunday after St. Croix. Not racing dailies and FIA gives me a lot of focused practice time.

Last edited:
I was counting down the reverse layout. Not sure how most racing facilities would count turns if the track was races in reverse. Since most race tracks are not designed bi-directional. The only real life tracks I know that do are Willow Springs' Streets, Horse Thief Mile, and Indy's Road Course before it was reconfigured.

I do know the most racing facilities that have a shorter version of the course. Will just skip the used corners instead of recounting for the short track. I personally think it lazy but, I don't own a race track. So not my call.

Gran Turismo counts 17 turns for the full layouts. If counting up for the reverse layout. I so believe turn 3 is the would be the first left. The banked hairpin would turn 7.

I was saying that the turn 3 / 15 wall needs to be moved to give turn 1 / 17 more runoff room for the forward layout.

Sending these cars into the heavy braking zones of flat turn 1 would be a bad idea. Especially with that pit exit issues too. All you need is someone to exit the pits when you're already committed to the corner.

We are probably talking about the same green wall, its not a real sharp left hander but its a left kink followed by a right kink then a straight leading to the banked horse shoe in the reverse layout. Maggiore I would only consider just "OK" for an original circuit, in the standard layout I find the early part of the lap kinda mickey mouse like, 90° left, 90° right, repeat and repeat once more, they coulda made the early part of the lap better I think.

We are probably talking about the same green wall, its not a real sharp left hander but its a left kink followed by a right kink then a straight leading to the banked horse shoe in the reverse layout. Maggiore I would only consider just "OK" for an original circuit, in the standard layout I find the early part of the lap kinda mickey mouse like, 90° left, 90° right, repeat and repeat once more, they coulda made the early part of the lap better I think.
I like the layout. I just hope they fix the turn 1 problems for GT7. It's easy to miss judge your braking for turn 1. I have had good friends that wall. I have also been on both sides of the pit exit issues.

I had to try something else, I have my 500+ laps in at Streets of Willow already, I have been putting in 50+ lap sessions since the Sunday after St. Croix. Not racing dailies and FIA gives me a lot of focused practice time.
Now that's dedication. You're welcome to enjoy other parts of the game. Just to make sure. You remember that there's no prizes this year.

I made my Viper livery for this race. It's the latest addition to my snake skin liveries. I also have my Viper liveries for Goodwood and the Nurburgring planned out. I do not have a new idea for the F1 yet.

Now that's dedication. You're welcome to enjoy other parts of the game. Just to make sure. You remember that there's no prizes this year.

I made my Viper livery for this race. It's the latest addition to my snake skin liveries. I also have my Viper liveries for Goodwood and the Nurburgring planned out. I do not have a new idea for the F1 yet.

Nothing is worse than crashing cause you ain't familiar with the track

Nothing is worse than crashing cause you ain't familiar with the track
That's not true. Doing something stupid like missing the pits and running out fuel on track. I did that at last year's season finale.

Gran Turismo nice enough to let you crawl back to the pits. But, man does it stink. Crawling around the track hoping nobody rear ends you.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

A restart policy has been added to the bottom of the form. Above the archives.

Room Reloads / Race Restart Policy

This section contains the room reloads and race restart policies for different points of the race day schedule.

Practice Room Reloads Procedures
I will attempt to reload the room during practice for the following reasons.
*Glitches
*Excessive Disconnections
*Internet Problems
*Console / Games Errors
*Acts Of Gran Turismo
Note: I will treat room reloads during practice as full course yellow. There for will not extend practice for this reason.
Late Entries: I will hold the start for a max of 10 minutes if I have been notified of a late entry.

Qualifying Restarts Procedures

If a restart is necessary. Everyone will asked to exit the track. And attempt to fix the issues will occur. There will be only 1 attempt to restart with Qualifying. If the issues still persist. Qualifying will be cancelled and the room will be reloaded. The grid will then be Set By Host based on the current points standings. New drivers will be set by order of sign ups behind the scores drivers. I may chose to put players with internet issues in the back to prevent issues on the grid.

I will restart Qualifying for the following reasons.
*Glitches
*Single Disconnections
*Mass Disconnections
*Internet Problems
*Console / Games Errors
*Acts Of Gran Turismo
I will not restart Qualifying for the following reasons

Race Restarts Procedures

*Lap Races: If a restart must occur for a lap race. I will restart with how many laps the leader has left to run. Starting fuel load maybe adjusted to an average of where everyone should be a that point of the race. The grid will be set by host of what position your current.

*Timed Races: If a restart must occur for a timed race. The race will restart at the closest time setting I can adjust too. Starting fuel load maybe adjusted to an average of everyone should at that point of the race. If the race most be restart to orginal length then. The Grid will be set by host in Qualifying order. If the race is restarted at any other time. The Grid will be set by host based your current position.
Note: I unfortunately cannot recover any race progress or rewards. Should a restart occur.

I will restart the Race for the following reasons.
*Mass Glitches
*Mass Disconnections
*Internet Problems
*Console / Games Errors
*Acts Of Gran Turismo

I will not restart the race for the following reasons.
*Single Player Disconnections
*Single Player Glitches
*Late Entries
*Car Damage
*Controller Issues

*Note: Any single player disconnections or glitches will be treated as mechanical failures. Your welcome to chose what your mechanical failure is.

Last edited:
@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

Yeah I'm not sure how I didn't realize that scheduled Lago Maggiore GP back to back between both series. Though it will be the reverse layout for this series. Well if you'll get bored of duration. You can practice the other.

Not a problem. Maggiore II is such an oddball it doesn't even seem like its the same track as Maggiore. At least the forward version is a good track unlike the reverse direction.

YEAHHHH I definitely was speeding every time I entered that pit. The one time I remembered about the speeding violation I just couldn't slow down in time! haha. Thats definitely rough on the points! Gotta be better! Shoooot.

Last edited:
@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

Daylight Savings Time is now in force for most of the US and Canada. If your area has not changed yet or doesn't Practice Daylight Savings then our races will start 1 hours earlier for you.

Lobby Schedule and Times

Saturdays Night

Lobby Schedule

Practice Start
Sat 6:30 pm EDT
Sat 3:30 pm PDT
Sun 11:30 am CET

Qualifying / Race Start
Sat 7:30 pm EDT
Sat 4:30 pm PDT
Sun 12:30 am CET

Time Zone Key
EST = Eastern Standard Time UTC-5
EDT = Eastern Daylight Savings Time UTC-4
PST = Pacific Standard Time UTC-8
PDT = Pacific Daylight Savings Time UTC-7
CET = Central Europe Time UTC+1
CEST = Central Europe Summer Time+2

These lobby times are for all race unless specified otherwise.

All times are basic for the US Eastern Time Zone. Daylight Savings is Practiced in my area.

Eastern Standard Time (EST) UTC-5
Pacific Standard Time (EST) UTC-8
Nov 7th - Mar 13th, 2022

Eastern Daylight Savings Time (EDT) UTC-4
Pacific Daylight Savings Time (PDT) UTC-7
Mar 14th, 2021 - Nov 7th, 2021

Central Europe Time (CET)
October 25th, 2020 - March 28th, 2021

Central Europe Summer Time (CEST)
March 28th, 2021 - October 31st, 2021

Last edited:
@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers
Next Saturday the March 27th is our 6th race of this challenging series. The race will be a Lago Maggiore GP II (Full Course Reverse). It will 1 if of our 2 hour race challenges. Meant to test your endurance with your chosen ride.

Since this series as a loose comparison of GTS's available top of the models. This race will be not pay extra points in order to prevent giving the cars that suit to this track an unfair advantage in the standings.

Don't forget about the clock changing to Daylight Savings. The race will start 1 hour earlier for this who don't change clocks.

Good Luck and l'll see you in week next Saturday.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers
Next Saturday the March 27th is our 6th race of this challenging series. The race will be a Lago Maggiore GP II (Full Course Reverse). It will 1 if of our 2 hour race challenges. Meant to test your endurance with your chosen ride.

Since this series as a loose comparison of GTS's available top of the models. This race will be not pay extra points in order to prevent giving the cars that suit to this track an unfair advantage in the standings.

Don't forget about the clock changing to Daylight Savings. The race will start 1 hour earlier for this who don't change clocks.

Good Luck and l'll see you in week next Saturday.

It seems like we have had a long time off.

Just a reminder in case nobody has noticed but not is next weekend our next race but it also kicks off the 2021 F1 season . Don't forget to set your DVR'S.

It seems like we have had a long time off.
Don't worry we get to make these long 2 breaks if you race in both series. After this it's another 3 weeks until our next MSN race on April 17th at Lago Maggiore GP with Gr.3. Then the following week is are first wet race at Tokyo Central with Supercar cars. And then a week after that is our MSN race at Goodwood with Gr.4.

Next 4 scheduled races

March 27th Supercar
April 17th MSN Gr.3
April 24th Supercar
May 1st MSN Gr.4​

Back