Cold Warrior's Gran Turismo Sport Event Archives

Don't worry we get to make these long 2 breaks if you race in both series. After this it's another 3 weeks until our next MSN race on April 17th at Lago Maggiore GP with Gr.3. Then the following week is are first wet race at Tokyo Central with Supercar cars. And then a week after that is our MSN race at Goodwood with Gr.4.

Next 4 scheduled races

March 27th Supercar
April 17th MSN Gr.3
April 24th Supercar
May 1st MSN Gr.4​

Thats more like it.

Just started practicing for our next race. This track in reverse is... difficult. Especially if you use the bumper view like I do. You can’t see over the hills, blind corners. Very strange track in reverse. Tons of tire spin in the LaFerrari. Gonna be a fun one.

Just started practicing for our next race. This track in reverse is... difficult. Especially if you use the bumper view like I do. You can’t see over the hills, blind corners. Very strange track in reverse. Tons of tire spin in the LaFerrari. Gonna be a fun one.
I'm usually the hood camera. So that not a much of an issue. Yeah all the hills and elevation changes makes this weird to run in reverse. The reverse layout also cuts the speed on the straights down make it even more of a technical track. I'm curious how Peppers McLaren F1 will perform. It doesn't have the brutal acceleration of the big three. It's lightweight, has great brakes, and good drive off for the 26 year car model. It's a much more forgiving car than even Huayra. That should he shouldn't tire out as fast.

I did a lot of practice last weekend, and I got more comfortable with the car at Maggiore. It's a lot of braking early, but not too hard, and really trying to keep the car flowing and balanced throughout each lap. Two hours will be mentally tough to stay concentrated. I still struggle with Turn 1. I'm probably playing it too safe and braking too early because I'm paranoid of running wide into the grass, so I still hope to find some consistency there.

Tire wear and fuel mileage were pretty good. I can go 14 laps on fuel, and tires get pretty dicey after 10 so will be important to try and stay smooth. At least the 100mph pit road speed limit shouldn't be an issue. I don't know about the LaFerrari, but I can't even get up to 100mph before the pit road entrance :).

I did a lot of practice last weekend, and I got more comfortable with the car at Maggiore. It's a lot of braking early, but not too hard, and really trying to keep the car flowing and balanced throughout each lap. Two hours will be mentally tough to stay concentrated. I still struggle with Turn 1. I'm probably playing it too safe and braking too early because I'm paranoid of running wide into the grass, so I still hope to find some consistency there.

Tire wear and fuel mileage were pretty good. I can go 14 laps on fuel, and tires get pretty dicey after 10 so will be important to try and stay smooth. At least the 100mph pit road speed limit shouldn't be an issue. I don't know about the LaFerrari, but I can't even get up to 100mph before the pit road entrance :).
Good getting use to the braking distances is very important for these cars. I takes a lot of patience and discipline to learn how to race these cars. Something so many players GT Sport players are too lazy to learn unfortunately. It's what I liked about the original series in the first Gran Turismo. A series that forces you to learn to your sports car as is.

By the way so you are aware that there is a ban on blocking for this series. I'm sure you noticed these cars can't adjust easily under braking. Along with acceleration differences between car models. I thought last second blocks would be a bad idea to allow.

I'm not sure if the Laferrari can get to 100 mph. I haven't tested myself. I know the Huayra can't. The Laferrari does have a lot of wheel spin. So you wouldn't be able to go to full throttle immediately after exiting the last turn.

3 laps in and my tires are significantly worn. I lose 1 sec per lap. After 3 or 4 I’m almost 5 sec slower.

cannot hit 100 before pit. Gets close though!

Its not the car, its the track, it shouldn't even be in the game in this configuration. Even with all of the laps I put in there recently and I now know it in my sleep I still hate the reverse track.

Its not the car, its the track, it shouldn't even be in the game in this configuration. Even with all of the laps I put in there recently and I now know it in my sleep I still hate the reverse track.
It's the car. I thought this wouldn't be good track for the Laferrari. The wheel spin with the consecutive slow corners at the end. I'm sure it murdering he rears. The Huayra is fairly good on it's tires here too my surprise. I should to run the full fuel load.

And no the Blue Moon Infield B is a configuration that shouldn't exist. Even the the Gr.1 Nation Cup didn't lighten my opinion of the layout. It didn't even race as well as I hoped. The only good places to make a pass are dangerous to use. If you want a track with only to 2 braking zones. Just run the oval.

I weirdly come like Lago Maggiore Reverse layout better with this cars than with race cars. It's a tricky place for sure though.

Last edited:
3 laps in and my tires are significantly worn. I lose 1 sec per lap. After 3 or 4 I’m almost 5 sec slower.

cannot hit 100 before pit. Gets close though!
Yeah I thought this wouldn't be fun place for the Laferrari. Those slow corners and all that wheelspin at the end I'm sure do wonders on your tires. If I remember the car can spin its tires by just going over that sharp hillcrest after turn 7.

I unfortunately want on tonight like I thought. So I won't able to try a few laps with the Laferrari before the race. I ran a few in the McLaren F1. That masterpiece is wonderful as always to drive even here.

Don't forget traction control is allowed and the real Laferrari is equipped with it. You can save yourself some rubber with it.

Yeah I thought this wouldn't be fun place for the Laferrari. Those slow corners and all that wheelspin at the end I'm sure do wonders on your tires. If I remember the car can spin its tires by just going over that sharp hillcrest after turn 7.

I unfortunately want on tonight like I thought. So I won't able to try a few laps with the Laferrari before the race. I ran a few in the McLaren F1. That masterpiece is wonderful as always to drive even here.

Don't forget traction control is allowed and the real Laferrari is equipped with it. You can save yourself some rubber with it.

I think I will require lowering my fuel ratio and using TC even though I hate using it. The LaFerrari wants you to let the rear loose to drive it correctly. This race is going to require some serious focus for 2 straight hours hahahaha oh man.

It's the car. I thought this wouldn't be good track for the Laferrari. The wheel spin with the consecutive slow corners at the end. I'm sure it murdering he rears. The Huayra is fairly good on it's tires here too my surprise. I should to run the full fuel load.

And no the Blue Moon Infield B is a configuration that shouldn't exist. Even the the Gr.1 Nation Cup didn't lighten my opinion of the layout. It didn't even race as well as I hoped. The only good places to make a pass are dangerous to use. If you want a track with only to 2 braking zones. Just run the oval.

I weirdly come like Lago Maggiore Reverse layout better with this cars than with race cars. It's a tricky place for sure though.

Just to be sure, the track still sucks. Wall is in ridiculous places in a couple of spots.

Just to be sure, the track still sucks. Wall is in ridiculous places in a couple of spots.
Definitely a mixture of both. The car is plainly ridiculous. And yes ColdWarrior the tires spin on that hill even if I bump it up to 6th early I get a little chirp. I could try 7th lol

I think I will require lowering my fuel ratio and using TC even though I hate using it. The LaFerrari wants you to let the rear loose to drive it correctly. This race is going to require some serious focus for 2 straight hours hahahaha oh man.
Definitely a mixture of both. The car is plainly ridiculous. And yes ColdWarrior the tires spin on that hill even if I bump it up to 6th early I get a little chirp. I could try 7th lol
Sounds like a choice of performance vs tire wear. Everytime you allow those tires to spin. You taking rubber off them tires. Good luck with that choice. You're going to have a lot of fun at the wet races with that car.

It the best accelerating N Class car when you can apply full throttle. But, yes would describe that wheelspin is ridiculous. It's the only N class car I will use traction control for.

More runoff room than turn 1 for the forward layout. The walls get much closer next race. Enjoy the separation while you can.

Thats odd because I have absolutely no problem with turn 1 in the normal direction. In the reverse direction turn 1 becomes the last turn and it can stop you in your tracks if you hit it. And the racing line in reverse is right up at the wall, in the normal direction the racing line at turn 1 is farthest from the wall.

Last edited:
Thats odd because I have absolutely no problem with turn 1 in the normal direction. In the reverse direction turn 1 becomes the last turn and it can stop you in your tracks if you hit it. And the racing line in reverse is right up at the wall, in the normal direction the racing line at turn 1 is farthest from the wall.
You really don't think they could take away more runoff room from turn 3 and give some more to turn 1. The forward turn 1 is flat and is arguably the heaviest braking zone on the track. It doesn't much of a lapse in judgement to end up in that wall with race cars. And these cars are far less forgiving. What makes it worse is if anyone exits the pits right when you started to prepare for the corner. I've seen may wrecks all racing classes there because someone exit the pits at the wrong time. And you change your line with those cars under braking. These cars not so much.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

It's race day gentleman. I hope everyone is ready for this long grueling race. It will be interesting to see how this race plays out.

As for any for follow Nascar fans about the truck race. I sorry about scheduling. I didn't know when race times would be until it was to late change. I must likely would have chosen to run this race on the March 13th instead. I didn't want to move it to last weekend because then I was competing against the end of 12 hours of Sebring instead. And next week Easter of which I sure some of you willing or unwilling have some holidays plans.

Somebody should be running the Zonda, I went 2 seconds faster with it than my Hyura on the one and only flying lap I ran with the Zonda, I wonder what is wrong with it???

Somebody should be running the Zonda, I went 2 seconds faster with it than my Hyura on the one and only flying lap I ran with the Zonda, I wonder what is wrong with it???
The Zonda R is a track only car. And doesn't meet series regulations. The McLaren P1 GTR and Aston Martin Vulcan are out for the same reason. Not sure the is a N Class though.

PS_App_20210328_023704.jpeg

Race 6 Results

Pole Award: fastone371

Winner: fastone371

Fastest Lap: fastone371

Nothing reported incidences

Last edited:
I still hate that track in reverse. I think the walls are worse backwards than standard direction. The wall right after the fast hair pin jumped out at me last night, still not sure how I hit it, I have to watch the replay. There should not be walls that will dead stop a car, especially on a straight. Since it's an original track I wonder why PD created those problems with the walls.

I still hate that track in reverse. I think the walls are worse backwards than standard direction. The wall right after the fast hair pin jumped out at me last night, still not sure how I hit it, I have to watch the replay. There should not be walls that will dead stop a car, especially on a straight. Since it's an original track I wonder why PD created those problems with the walls.
There are few places forward layout you can do if you adventure off track in the wrong place. If you run off at turn 10 there's a wall waiting for you. If they do anything.

As for reverse turn 7. If you exit that corner and get into the grass on exit. The grass will pull you into the wall. I have don't it before.

They have to extend the forward pit exit until after turn 1. It doesn't help with lack of runoff room there at all. Turn 1 is a good passing too. I have yet witness it but, I can only imagine the possibility carnage. If someone exits the pits just as someone else attempts a pass on another car. I don't even like to be 2 wide into that corner.

Don't bother practicing in arcade mode for the wet Tokyo race, lap times will be about 4-5 seconds quicker than a lobby and there is much more wet traction in arcade mode.

So wall penalties will be off at Tokyo? I need to know so I can practice wall riding without damaging my car, there is going to be a lot of it at this track with these cars/tire combo.

Don't bother practicing in arcade mode for the wet Tokyo race, lap times will be about 4-5 seconds quicker than a lobby and there is much more wet traction in arcade mode.
I believe arcade time trial mode use low grip not real. Run custom races against AI. You can choose real grip custom race.

I've always find cars drive different with tire wear on. I wish practice for sport mode race would have tire wear on. I swear it feel like the cars constantly on fumes. I know full tank about 95 kg (209 lbs). You don't feel the weight with fuel consumption off.

So wall penalties will be off at Tokyo? I need to know so I can practice wall riding without damaging my car, there is going to be a lot of it at this track with these cars/tire combo.
I run the Huayra too and I can keep off the walls. Plus the conditions aren't that bad about half the track is. And the wet portions of track aren't even wet enough to create spray.

Just wait for heavy wet race at Tokyo East Outer. The will be a much harder experience.

I run the Huayra too and I can keep off the walls. Plus the conditions aren't that bad about half the track is. And the wet portions of track aren't even wet enough to create spray.

Just wait for heavy wet race at Tokyo East Outer. The will be a much harder experience.

But only Tokyo is just over 2 cars wide with hard borders on each side the entire lap. Its easy to keep the car off of the curbs for a lap or 2, especially when not pushing but it's going to be entirely different racing for an hour and a half.

Last edited:
But only Tokyo is just over 2 cars wide with hard borders on each side the entire lap. Its easy to keep the car off of the curbs for a lap or 2, especially when not pushing but it's going to be entirely different racing for an hour and a half.
For a difficult track in real life. The general advice is. Race the track not you opponent. In some cases it's better the faster cars and stay focused on your own race.

I recommend focus on Qualifying. Were you started will matter here. Passing extra difficult with these cars anyway. You will have to wait for a mistake gain the opportunity to pass on track. Most passing happen by pit stops.

Lap races for this series were set to specific distance. I did not time them out to a specific length of time like I did with Rinsky's series. This will likely be of the shortest races of the series.

Only 200 km (46 Laps) at a track with the high average speed of Tokyo Central. I estimated about 1 hour 15 minutes. Picked a shorter race for that weekend because of Rinsky's races before and after.

Last edited:
Back