Cold Warrior's Gran Turismo Sport Event Archives

The McLaren F1's cornering and drive off prevented from stay close enough to try anything. I spent the whole trying to find a way to pass him. I started to consider to use my bumper but, I couldn't get close enough even try that. Plus then I thought I would more likely wreck both of us.

I ran the entire race in fuel mode 2, I found out that the extra power of fuel mode 1 didn't give me any quicker lap times and it was a little less sketchy in the wet. Did you guys always pit at the same time or did you try offsetting stops? Maybe you could have got around him that way too.

I ran the entire race in fuel mode 2, I found out that the extra power of fuel mode 1 didn't give me any quicker lap times and it was a little less sketchy in the wet. Did you guys always pit at the same time or did you try offsetting stops? Maybe you could have got around him that way too.
I rarely use fuel mapping because it's too much of a distraction for me. I went to range of my fuel load because that was just enough to allow me to make the race in 2 stops. The F1 can out range the Huayra but, rhcpeppers still uses automatic shifting. So he loses few laps from that.

By the way. I swear we lose more time the pits than we use too. Did Gran Turismo much needed adjustment to pit stop lengths.

Last edited:
I rarely use fuel mapping because it's too much of a distraction for me. I went to range of my fuel load because that was just enough to allow me to make the race in 2 stops. The F1 can out range the Huayra but, rhcpeppers still uses automatic shifting. So he loses few laps from that.

By the way. I swear we lose more time the pits than we use too. Did Gran Turismo much needed adjustment to pit stop lengths.

At Tokyo there is an awful long pause from the time you pit until the work actually starts. You do know that if you find a fuel map setting that works better that you do not need to change it during the race, right? You only need to change the map at the start.

At Tokyo there is an awful long pause from the time you pit until the work actually starts. You do know that if you find a fuel map setting that works better that you do not need to change it during the race, right? You only need to change the map at the start.
I don't mean just here Tokyo tracks. I mean at all tracks. I feel like you lose more time from your pit stops than you use too.

Yes actually Gran Turismo did adjust pit stop times in the update on February 24th. And it took me this long to notice.

Yes actually Gran Turismo did adjust pit stop times in the update on February 24th. And it took me this long to notice.

I cant say that I really noticed that the stops are now longer but I do remember an update saying that the pit time was lengthened.

I cant say that I really noticed that the stops are now longer but I do remember an update saying that the pit time was lengthened.
I'm glad they did. If they made pit stops long enough. I might consider adding a second tire compound again for the 2022 season for Rinsky's Series.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers
Next Saturday May 15th is our next race for this series. Our second 300 km race at Kyoto Yamagiwa. This place has a slightly lower average speed than Dragon Trail Seaside. So this be our third longest race by time. Estimated to about 1 hour 50 minutes.

Kyoto Yamagiwa is not well designed for these high powered low downforce cars. So it is tricky place to race with these cars. I recommend you get a lot of practice. The good news is the pit entrance is pretty easy here. Just make sure you don't speed.

Last edited:
I've heard this one before. Last time you said this. You won't the race.

Its hard to tell what good lap times are with these cars and tires don't like to last for an entire fuel run. With no BOP things can get tricky too but I gotta admit that I tried the LaFerrari and it is nothing short of awful here. Glad that I didn't choose the LaFerrari, actually I really don't care for any of the Ferraris in the game.

I've done a lot of practice, but really not sure what to expect here. My laps times still aren't very consistent. My tires hold up pretty well, but I can only go 15-16 laps on fuel so will definitely be a 3-stopper for me (maybe more with damage :)). I tried going 21 laps last night to see if I could do a 2-stopper and I had to put it on fuel map 4 in order to do so which made the lap times way too slow.

Its hard to tell what good lap times are with these cars and tires don't like to last for an entire fuel run. With no BOP things can get tricky too but I gotta admit that I tried the LaFerrari and it is nothing short of awful here. Glad that I didn't choose the LaFerrari, actually I really don't care for any of the Ferraris in the game.

lol the LaFerrari is pretty much hot garbage. I’m about to start practicing for about an hour. Will see how it goes.

lol the LaFerrari is pretty much hot garbage. I’m about to start practicing for about an hour. Will see how it goes.

best I could get after an hour was a 01:41.500

the tires are completely useless after just a few laps lol going probably have to play with a little TCS and fuel mapping for less power to get through this one.

Really I didn't find tire wear too bad. N Class BOP stinks anyways. The Laferrari is the only N Class car I use traction control for. The real car is equipped with it. The car can still spin on the first setting.

I like most of the Ferraris cars. I don't like Ferrari's management though. My favorite 330 P4 Prototype It the best of the 60s Prototypes. I know I should be a Ford fan but, the Mark IV drivers like tank.

I've done a lot of practice, but really not sure what to expect here. My laps times still aren't very consistent. My tires hold up pretty well, but I can only go 15-16 laps on fuel so will definitely be a 3-stopper for me (maybe more with damage :)). I tried going 21 laps last night to see if I could do a 2-stopper and I had to put it on fuel map 4 in order to do so which made the lap times way too slow.
The pits aren't very long here and you want traction new tires. It would just do a 3 stop if you have to save that much.

The Laferrari is a difficult car to drive but, you have done very well driving that beast. Watch the hillcrest before the chicane. The Laferrari wants to spin there.

The Laferrari is a difficult car to drive but, you have done very well driving that beast. Watch the hillcrest before the chicane. The Laferrari wants to spin there.
It actually does a wheelie on that downhill before the left chicane! As soon as the front tires drop I slammmm on the brakes to slow for that chicane haha

It actually does a wheelie on that downhill before the left chicane! As soon as the front tires drop I slammmm on the brakes to slow for that chicane haha
Yeah I noticed that when I took a few laps in an Laferrari. The Huayra has higher top speed down the hill because of that wheelspin over that hillcrest. I tried the F1 too. Drives great here like always. Only issue is it geared too wide for this track.

If you guys are going for a 3 stop it will be very, very interesting to see how the race pans out.

Last edited:
best I could get after an hour was a 01:41.500

the tires are completely useless after just a few laps lol going probably have to play with a little TCS and fuel mapping for less power to get through this one.

Thats a very solid lap time, I think a 1:41.3 is my absolute best here so far to date. I always run in a lobby though, if you run in arcade mode I think lap times will be a little quicker. Late weekend mornings and early lunch hour I almost always have a friends only lobby open for Superstock practice at the upcoming track.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

The race lobby has opened early. I need to test out some of my old controllers. The left stick went to complete stinky in 2 days for the controller I've been using. So I'm trying out some of my older controllers to see which is the best substitute until I can buy a new one.

Thats a very solid lap time, I think a 1:41.3 is my absolute best here so far to date. I always run in a lobby though, if you run in arcade mode I think lap times will be a little quicker. Late weekend mornings and early lunch hour I almost always have a friends only lobby open for Superstock practice at the upcoming track.
Yeah I don’t do arcade, I don’t think I’ve even tried it outside of VR

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers
PS_App_20210516_024831.jpeg

Race 8 Results

Race Winner: Jarkulary

Pole Award: Jarkulary

Fastest Lap: Jarkulary

Penalties

fastone371 -2 pts Pit Speeding Violation

Cold Warrior -5 pts Multiple Pit Speeding Violations

Last edited:
Yeah I don’t do arcade, I don’t think I’ve even tried it outside of VR
If you run Custom Arcade Races with Real Grip you'll get close to Lobby physics. It will allow you to get feel for your car around other car. And you may be able to develop a pit strategy.

Note for some reason you can't set fuel or tire above x10 for tarmac tracks except the Nurburgring Nordschleife and Nurburgring 24h. For those you can only set fuel to x2 and tires to x3.

Last edited:
I've heard this one before. Last time you said this. You won't the race.

I told you I couldn't go very fast here. For some reason I just couldn't get more lap time out of this car, I pretty much lived in the 1:43's at this track, the LaFerahooptie was untouchable. I noticed when playing with it even on fuel map 3 with the LaF that it still had enough power to run in the 41's.

I told you I couldn't go very fast here. For some reason I just couldn't get more lap time out of this car, I pretty much lived in the 1:43's at this track, the LaFerahooptie was untouchable. I noticed when playing with it even on fuel map 3 with the LaF that it still had enough power to run in the 41's.
When I made this race. I honestly thought this would be one of the bad races for the Laferrari. I'm surprised how it was here with the wheelspin out of the hairpins and over that hillcrest. The Laferrari was able to make up for it on the short straights.

Do you when you got your Penalty?

When I made this race. I honestly thought this would be one of the bad races for the Laferrari. I'm surprised how it was here with the wheelspin out of the hairpins and over that hillcrest. The Laferrari was able to make up for it on the short straights.

Do you when you got your Penalty?

I'm guessing he had the LaF on fuel map 3 or 4, it doesn't lose much acceleration and increases fuel runs. These cars are so overpowered for the inadequate tires that they are often faster when reducing power.
I wasn't aware of my penalty.

I'm guessing he had the LaF on fuel map 3 or 4, it doesn't lose much acceleration and increases fuel runs. These cars are so overpowered for the inadequate tires that they are often faster when reducing power.
I wasn't aware of my penalty.
Your 2nd stop is what did. You slow down that for some reason sped up to 104 mph before the AI took over.

Sadly I got my Penalties because despite doing a mock pit entry in practice. I forgot about my own rule during my first stop. Then I did again for my second stop. I remember for my third and fourth stops. Though already know I acquired the multiple occurrence speeding penalty. I could have just sped my last 2 stops but, I felt it was unsportsmanlike to do it on purpose.

Back