Cold Warrior's Gran Turismo Sport Event Archives

I hate the GT Planet update.

What exactly is the penalty for hitting the wall in this race?? Racing is about going as fast as you can without damaging your car, in this race there is basically no penalty for hitting the wall, thats not racing, thats an arcade game. If we are keeping it realistic by using these unrealistic tires there needs to be a penalty for wall contact, heavy damage is not a penalty unless you have to stop immediately after it happens. I could live with that rule too.

Which brings me to a point that I have been wanting to make about these Sports tires and how unrealistic they are. A couple of weeks ago I installed a fuel system on a 2020 Mustang Shelby 500. The car is over 1,000 HP with tuning and aftermarket parts but a stock block and heads. I got to drive the car after I was finished, if real tires were anything like the Sport tires in the game I can assure you that this car would not have been drivable on the street with original tires. The owner has a youtube page that I will see if I can find if you are interested, apparently this particular car is a big deal in the Ford world.
I like this update so far. The text is larger and better spaced makes it easier to read on my phone. They added some color and simplified other aspects. It is a bit clunky though.

I don't like using Wall penalties because it's not realistic. No real racing series that I know gives out penalties for hitting the wall. As it's supposed to be self-punishing. It's not my fault Gran Turismo didn't do a good enough job. However if I catch anyone taking advantage of these flaws or any glitches that give them an advantage they will be severely punished after the race. The only time I would consider using wall penalties. Is if I can't use heavy damage for the event.

I have been made well aware by many other sources that Gran Turismo's tire model need works. This sports soft tires are an upgrade since all N class cars are defaulted to sports hards. Expect the Asume S2000 tuner which is defaulted to sports softs.

Most likely the tires on said Mustang are not stock tires but high-grade street tires with just deep enough grooves to still street legal. The lap time set by production cars on race tracks around the world are set by with the car on their production tires. I know this because I can beat many of the real Nurburgring times with the car that set it on racing tires. And I'm a low B rated driver in GTS. Not a professional manufacturer test driver.

Last edited:
I like this update so far. The text is larger and better spaced makes it easier to read on my phone. They added some color and simplified other aspects. It is a bit clunky though.

I don't like using Wall penalties because it's not realistic. No real racing series that I know gives out penalties for hitting the wall. As it's supposed to be self-punishing. It's not my fault Gran Turismo didn't do a good enough job. However if I catch anyone taking advantage of these flaws or any glitches that give them an advantage they will be severely punished after the race. The only time I would consider using wall penalties. Is if I can't use heavy damage for the event.

I have been made well aware by many other sources that Gran Turismo's tire model need works. This sports soft tires are an upgrade since all N class cars are defaulted to sports hards. Expect the Asume S2000 tuner which is defaulted to sports softs.

Most likely the tires on said Mustang are not stock tires but high-grade street tires with just deep enough grooves to still street legal. The lap time set by production cars on race tracks around the world are set by with the car on their production tires. I know this because I can beat many of the real Nurburgring times with the car that set it on racing tires. And I'm a low B rated driver in GTS. Not a professional manufacturer test driver.
The tires on the Shelby GT500 are what they came with right from Ford. The guy owns several Ford dealerships in the area. Besides, if its a SS soft tire is that basically not the definition? Not a regular 50,000 mile tire but a soft compound tire for hi performance use? There are also what are basically race tires with grooves and DOT ratings, thats probably not what a SS tire is but it probably shouldn't be far off otherwise what is a SS tire? Other than race tires I have never been offered compound choices before on street tires.
As far as the damage that is exactly the problem, its not anymore realistic than wall penalties. Have you ever seen suspension damage not require a pit stop? At minimum it should slow you down, a lot, in this situation it really doesn't slow you down at all, where is the realism in that??

Last edited:
The tires on the Shelby GT500 are what they came with right from Ford. The guy owns several Ford dealerships in the area. Besides, if its a SS soft tire is that basically not the definition? Not a regular 50,000 mile tire but a soft compound tire for hi performance use? There are also what are basically race tires with grooves and DOT ratings, thats probably not what a SS tire is but it probably shouldn't be far off otherwise what is a SS tire? Other than race tires I have never been offered compound choices before on street tires.
As far as the damage that is exactly the problem, its not anymore realistic than wall penalties. Have you ever seen suspension damage not require a pit stop? At minimum it should slow you down, a lot, in this situation it really doesn't slow you down at all, where is the realism in that??
You usually don't get a compound choice in real life because tires made for sports cars are specifically made for that cars abilities. The comfort and sports tires in Gran Turismo Sport are likely general versions of various compounds Michelin makes for different manufacturers.

The wall penalties are overly sensitive and can give out penalties for minor contact that wouldn't even cause damage. It's not too hard to tell the difference between intentional wall riding and unintentional contact. I have no reason to believe Jarkulary or rhcpeppers would intentionally use wall riding to gain an advantage. And I will choose to govern that myself if really necessary.

Care to share rain practice times to date??
My Saturday's are booked until the 17th. And Sunday's I like to watch the professionals drive in circles. If I were to host a practice session. It would have be a week day of which I don't know who can all attend.

Oh since you drive the Huayra too. For turn 1 use the set of orange cones on the left side of the as your cue to start braking. As for the hairpin I've started braking as soon as the road straighten. out. As for exiting the hairpin. Half throttle until you exit the sharp following kink. Be on guard at the next kink too. The car may slip there. Becomes more likely on worn tires.

Gran Turismo doesn't count it as a turn. I disagree with that call. It's a relatively sharp corner the only reason you don't have to brake for it is because of it immediate following one of the slowest corners in the game.

My Saturday's are booked until the 17th. And Sunday's I like to watch the professionals drive in circles. If I were to host a practice session. It would have be a week day of which I don't know who can all attend.

Oh since you drive the Huayra too. For turn 1 use the set of orange cones on the left side of the as your cue to start braking. As for the hairpin I've started braking as soon as the road straighten. out. As for exiting the hairpin. Half throttle until you exit the sharp following kink. Be on guard at the next kink too. The car may slip there. Becomes more likely on worn tires.

Gran Turismo doesn't count it as a turn. I disagree with that call. It's a relatively sharp corner the only reason you don't have to brake for it is because of it immediate following one of the slowest corners in the game.
I was asking what your lap times have been when you practice. Even though its raining some parts of the road are pretty dry (other than in the tunnel) you can actually hear tires squealing.

I was asking what your lap times have been when you practice. Even though its raining some parts of the road are pretty dry (other than in the tunnel) you can actually hear tires squealing.
I getting better at not hitting things. I'm not really running consistent times yet. I my best time was a 2:27 something against AI. The AI are shockingly fast at this track. Funny they're terrible at the Tokyo Central layouts.

I getting better at not hitting things. I'm not really running consistent times yet. I my best time was a 2:27 something against AI. The AI are shockingly fast at this track. Funny they're terrible at the Tokyo Central layouts.
I was running 2:17 in a lobby I have set up.
I thought rain physics are different in arcade??? I ran a career rain race for the heck of it and the cars seemed to have much more traction. It was the VGT Series Championship and I used the Etron Audo and forgot to remove Race Softs, it was Tokyo in rain and lots of grip, especially for race slicks. Custom races must be different physics yet again, who knows with Polyphony??

I was running 2:17 in a lobby I have set up.
I thought rain physics are different in arcade??? I ran a career rain race for the heck of it and the cars seemed to have much more traction. It was the VGT Series Championship and I used the Etron Audo and forgot to remove Race Softs, it was Tokyo in rain and lots of grip, especially for race slicks. Custom races must be different physics yet again, who knows with Polyphony??
I was on Sports Hards for the race. Yes you read correctly. The AI only use the car's default tires in Custom races except rain races with race cars or dirt races. As a close as possible comparison for how the car drives in traffic. The was the my clearest lap but, was it was still impeded by AI traffic.

I was on Sports Hards for the race. Yes you read correctly. The AI only use the car's default tires in Custom races except rain races with race cars or dirt races. As a close as possible comparison for how the car drives in traffic. The was the my clearest lap but, was it was still impeded by AI traffic.
And that's why I think the wet physics are way off in arcade.

And that's why I think the wet physics are way off in arcade.
Arcade Time trial physics way off because you can't change grip or slip stream to realistic settings. You can change the those settings for custom races that's why I generally use that for practice instead. I also earn more credits from races than time trials. Not that I really need it anymore. I have at least one of every car model you can buy.

Arcade Time trial physics way off because you can't change grip or slip stream to realistic settings. You can change the those settings for custom races that's why I generally use that for practice instead. I also earn more credits from races than time trials. Not that I really need it anymore. I have at least one of every car model you can buy.
You really should set up a lobby and run some laps then run a few more with damage to verify my complaint about this race.

You really should set up a lobby and run some laps then run a few more with damage to verify my complaint about this race.
I guess I'll have to if I find the time to do so. Any ideas of how I intentionally give myself aero damage without causing other damages.

Last edited:
I guess I'll have to if I find the time to do so. Any ideas of how I intentionally give myself aero damage without causing other damages.
That I'm not sure about, it seems that if you hit a wall lightly you may get aero damage before suspension. Kind of like engine damage, hit the wall moderately and you get suspension damage, knock the wall over and you get suspension and engine damage. It seems like the damage you get in game is relative to force, it goes aero, suspension, engine from light to hard.

That I'm not sure about, it seems that if you hit a wall lightly you may get aero damage before suspension. Kind of like engine damage, hit the wall moderately and you get suspension damage, knock the wall over and you get suspension and engine damage. It seems like the damage you get in game is relative to force, it goes aero, suspension, engine from light to hard.
I did some testing Thursday. It's amazing just the grip difference between SH and SS. Anyways did some laps with and without damage. I was slower with damage. Though car damage seems less effective than in custom races for some reason. It possibly you just like the way the car drives better with the damage. You're allowed adjust brakes so you know.

I did some testing Thursday. It's amazing just the grip difference between SH and SS. Anyways did some laps with and without damage. I was slower with damage. Though car damage seems less effective than in custom races for some reason. It possibly you just like the way the car drives better with the damage. You're allowed adjust brakes so you know.
Brake balance, fuel map, TCS are all adjustable.

Brake balance, fuel map, TCS are all adjustable.
By the way I couldn't figure how to intentionally get only aero without suspension damage. My damage testing was with front aero and left suspension damage. The car strangely drifted to right. Usually it drifts to the duration of the suspension damage.

By the way I couldn't figure how to intentionally get only aero without suspension damage. My damage testing was with front aero and left suspension damage. The car strangely drifted to right. Usually it drifts to the duration of the suspension damage.
Interesting. You use a DS4?? I usually don't notice that unless I hit a wall very, very hard. If you just slide up high a little a glance the wall in a slow it should just cause aero damage

Interesting. You use a DS4?? I usually don't notice that unless I hit a wall very, very hard. If you just slide up high a little a glance the wall in a slow it should just cause aero damage
Yes I'm DS4 unfortunately. I'm an unfunded team. Can't afford the good stuff. I even tried to roll gently into the turn 12 hairpin wall beyond cones. With straightest angle possible and still got suspension damage.

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

Next Race

Race 10 - July 17th, 2021
90 Minutes of Tokyo Expressway East

Tokyo Expressway - East Outer Loop
90 Minutes, Conditions 18:00 Twilight, Rain (Heavy Wet)
Grid Start
Tires x4 Fuel x2
Fuel At Start 93%
Corner Penalties Strong
Qualifying Time: 12 minutes

@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

Race Results
PS_App_20210718_032627.jpeg

Pole Award: fastone371

Race Winner: fastone371

Fastest Lap: Jarkulary

Race Incident Reports

Fastone371: Given warning for blocking

Cold Warrior: Receives a 2 point penalty for pit speeding violation

Drivers Standings

10 of 14 races, Best of 10 races count.

1st. TheColdWarriors 111 pts, 10 of 10 races
2nd. Jarkulary 101 pts, 8 of 10 races
3rd. fastone371 96 pts, 7 of 10 races
4th. redhotcpeppers 48 pts, 6 of 10 races
5th. son_love_u_moms 6 pts, 1 of 10 races

Cold Warrior has reached the 10 race limit and may only points from this point on by beating a previous score.​

Last edited:
@Jarkulary @fastone371
@rhcpeppers

Race Results
View attachment 1068331

Pole Award: fastone371

Race Winner: fastone371

Fastest Lap: Jarkulary

Race Incident Reports

Fastone371: Given warning for blocking

Cold Warrior: Receives a 2 point penalty for pit speeding violation

Drivers Standings

10 of 14 races, Best of 10 races count.

1st. TheColdWarriors 111 pts, 10 of 10 races
2nd. Jarkulary 101 pts, 8 of 10 races
3rd. fastone371 96 pts, 7 of 10 races
4th. redhotcpeppers 48 pts, 6 of 10 races
5th. son_love_u_moms 6 pts, 1 of 10 races

Cold Warrior has reached the 10 race limit and may only points from this point on by beating a previous score.​
Do you recall which lap I was guilty of blocking??

It's hard to believe how fast the Laferrari is on the straights, if I didn't have at least 2 seconds on Jark he would blow right by, if it was dry he probably could make the pass from 2.2-2.4 seconds back, that thing is a missle on the straights, the downside is that it appears Jark can never put his foot down where the tarmac is wet.

Last edited:
Cold Warrior, I was just perusing thru the list of events that you have held so far, I raced in the ones I knew about but I never knew about all of those other races you held. Can't you do one of those notification things that will alert people who have already raced with you that you have an upcoming event or is that too much effort?? I don't know how the GTP alerts work but if I knew about the other races you held I know I would have raced many of them.

Do you recall which lap I was guilty of blocking??

It's hard to believe how fast the Laferrari is on the straights, if I didn't have at least 2 seconds on Jark he would blow right by, if it was dry he probably could make the pass from 2.2-2.4 seconds back, that thing is a missle on the straights, the downside is that it appears Jark can never put his foot down where the tarmac is wet.
Somewhere around lap 2, 3, and 4. Entering turn 2 you reacted to Jarkulary turning inside of you pinched him against the inside wall.

Cold Warrior, I was just perusing thru the list of events that you have held so far, I raced in the ones I knew about but I never knew about all of those other races you held. Can't you do one of those notification things that will alert people who have already raced with you that you have an upcoming event or is that too much effort?? I don't know how the GTP alerts work but if I knew about the other races you held I know I would have raced many of them.
You mean my archives. They are all past events I held. They were either advised through PSN or on Rinsky's series forum with his permission of course. I don't remember why you you didn't race any of them. I haven't hosted anything extra takeover Rinsky's MSN and starting Supercar WSC series. Which the Supercar series started last November.

Somewhere around lap 2, 3, and 4. Entering turn 2 you reacted to Jarkulary turning inside of you pinched him against the inside wall.
I will have to take a look, I'm sure I didn't intentionally squeeze him, either it was my normal line or the car got loose, another problem racing in the wet with these tires/cars. I also passed him unintentionally on lap 2 or 3 trying to be defensive. Hit him early in the race too at the last corner, he was high and sideways and I was on my normal tight line and we came together.
As I suspected I drove much of the race with damage, just 1 corner but it really didn't slow me down.

Last edited:
I will have to take a look, I'm sure I didn't intentionally squeeze him, either it was my normal line or the car got loose, another problem racing in the wet with these tires/cars. I also passed him unintentionally on lap 2 or 3 trying to be defensive. Hit him early in the race too at the last corner, he was high and sideways and I was on my normal tight line and we came together.
As I suspected I drove much of the race with damage, just 1 corner but it really didn't slow me down.
It really looked like a block to me but, for the benefit of a doubt why decide to just give I warning instead of a penalty. Though I should point out that I drove entire without TCS and had no control issues exiting turn 1.

Yeah damage not effecting you is busted. You any where between 2 and 2.5 seconds slower a lap with car damage. I could also tell you had damage during the race because I would gain a lot time on you on the straightaway. Which driving the same car normally be slight gain or loss depending on who got the better exit.

Back