Cold Warrior's Gran Turismo Sport Event Archives

Race 2 Results
PS_App_20201213_040941.jpeg

I’m okay with pushing the start time if we have to order to accommodate Fastone371

I appreciate it guys, I wasn't watching the forum though otherwise I would have let you guys know that I wouldnt make it at a reasonable time.

Drivers Standings

10 of 14 races count.

Current Standings

1st. Jarkulary 28 pts
2nd. TheColdWarriors 27 pts
3rd. fastone371 10 pts
4th. son_love_u_moms 6 pts​

We have company coming over Saturday evening, I'm thinking it would rude of me to ignore them and race so unfortunately I won't make it.

We have company coming over Saturday evening, I'm thinking it would rude of me to ignore them and race so unfortunately I won't make it.
Sorry you can't make it. I'm glad I chose to make this 10 of 14 races.

I thought this could happen with this race. It was the only date left. I tried my best to avoid major holidays, big race weekends, and my family's birthday. That last one is why we only have one race in February. Both my parents are February babies.

Merry Christmas, Merry Xmas, and or Happy Holidays whatever you prefer and Happy New Year's.

See you January 2nd for the first race for Rinsky's MSN Endurance Series and January 9th for Race 4 of Supercar World Speed Contest.

Standings are updated.

Drivers Standings

10 of 14 races count.

Current Standings

1st. Jarkulary 45 pts
2nd. TheColdWarriors 39 pts
3rd. fastone371 10 pts
4th. son_love_u_moms 6 pts

@Jarkulary
@fastone371

Important!

*changes made

Do to recent family health issues. And the very high probably that if GT7 comes out next year. There's already more rumors of delays which wouldn't shock me at all.

It's highly likely GT7 won't be released until next year's holiday season. If they get it out by. PDI hasn't made a deadline in the last several Gran Turismo entries. Both PDI and Sony pride themselves on using Gran Turismo games to showcase the maximum capabilities of the current PlayStation Console. And it sounds like GT7 won't be a exception.

Always I've decided to stretch out the season to about 1 race a month for the rest of series except for May. With the last race now being scheduled for October 16th, 2021. This will allow more flexibility races for both this series and Rinsky's MSN Endurance Series that I also host. And make everything less hectic for everyone.

*Our new next race for this series is January 23rd. A 125 Miles at Blue Moon Bay Infield A.

*The race at Tokyo Central Outer and Lago Maggiore II have been rescheduled to later dates in season.

*The Blue Moon Bay Speedway and Tokyo East Outer races have been swapped in order

*Also the full race schedule in the main form has been moved to just above the driver sign ups list. And has been reorganized to be more reader friendly.

Thank you and please enjoy your holidays. See you January 23rd.

Last edited:
I hope we can get more people to join in on this series. It is a blast even with just Cold Warrior and I out there!
I've been looking for people. So many don't like a challenge. Fastone371 should be racing. There no FIA race so son_love_u_moms might too.

I've been looking for people. So many don't like a challenge. Fastone371 should be racing. There no FIA race so son_love_u_moms might too.

I should make this race, I just don't care for the high HP SS tire thing. I have run series that race on SS and its was a blast but never with this kind of power. And if you dont use the LaFerarri you pretty much don't have a chance either which really isn't my thing. I like being the odd duck and using the less popular cars when possible and if not I like using different cars than everyone else. On weekends I usually race in lobbies, if its a GR3 or GR4 lobby I use a different car for each race, most people use the Porsche race after race, its just not my thing. In this series I just can't get close to the lap times in any other car that I can get with the LaFerarri. I have tried a lot of N cars for this series, I just can't find one that will run close to the LaFerarri which I didn't even try until last weekend, its WOT off of the corner because of 4 wheel drive then start braking about 1 mile before the turn, I just don't find that entertaining, if I use any other car I will be running laps alone. If there were at least 6 competitive cars this could be a fun series. I also don't understand the SS tires, the cars we are using are essentially road legal race cars, if this were a real life series Im sure they would use a much stickier tire.

I should make this race, I just don't care for the high HP SS tire thing. I have run series that race on SS and its was a blast but never with this kind of power. And if you dont use the LaFerarri you pretty much don't have a chance either which really isn't my thing. I like being the odd duck and using the less popular cars when possible and if not I like using different cars than everyone else. On weekends I usually race in lobbies, if its a GR3 or GR4 lobby I use a different car for each race, most people use the Porsche race after race, its just not my thing. In this series I just can't get close to the lap times in any other car that I can get with the LaFerarri. I have tried a lot of N cars for this series, I just can't find one that will run close to the LaFerarri which I didn't even try until last weekend, its WOT off of the corner because of 4 wheel drive then start braking about 1 mile before the turn, I just don't find that entertaining, if I use any other car I will be running laps alone. If there were at least 6 competitive cars this could be a fun series. I also don't understand the SS tires, the cars we are using are essentially road legal race cars, if this were a real life series Im sure they would use a much stickier tire.
This is based on a combination the Gran Turismo Normal Car Cup and Gran Turismo 3 Polyphony Digital Cup. Regulations more based the GT1 series. Which for that series your not allowed to touch everything on your car. Not even tires. I chose to allow upgrades to SS tires to be nice but, I still wanted a stock road car feel to cars.

I just couldn't bring myself to open another Gr.3 / Gr.4 with so many to complete against. I wanted something different.

Part of the point of this series was to find the best street legal cars you could buy (if a billionaire) in the game. And showcase it's performance flaws and all. The Laferrari has great suspension and is the best accelerating road car in the game. Which gives it a big advantage but, the car is not without it's flaws.

The Laferrari is one of most difficult road cars too drive. The suffers from excessive wheelspin to the point where the cars wheels can break free by just driving over a steep Hillcrest. The required expert throttle control to drive well. The car also poor brakes for it performance. The the Veyron which weights over 4000 lbs and can out brake the Laferrari. And since the hybrid engine is to give the car an acceleration boost in stead of fuel efficiency. So Laferrari has pretty bad fuel range. It's only about 1 or 2 laps better on fuel than the Veyron without. Jarkulary honestly just really good at saving fuel.

And that's where your wrong. This series would never be able to exist as in the real world. Most of these cars are expensive and unrefined to be allowed to race each other as is.

If you wish to change your car. You are welcome to do so. I know you where not use this level of performance so I didn't want suggested anything too difficult. I suggested the McLaren 650S because of your interest in the McLaren MP4 - 12c.

If you want something different but more competitive. I'll suggest the Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 Superveloce 2015. It's a little bit understeery do to the 4WD but, not as bad as the Veneno. You'll lose out in fuel range compared to the McLaren. And the McLaren is geared wider which be better the SSRX race in February. But the Aventador LP750-4 should run better anywhere else.

Yes the LaFerrari is definitely fast as **** but one mistake and the whole thing can be over for you which is easy to do. The tires are gone very quickly if you do not take care of them 100% of the time. You need to constantly throttle control and save fuel. Some tracks it will be extremely difficult to beat it but others like short tight tracks are really bad for it and definitely possible to beat it. I should have lost the last race in this series but managed to barely hold on. No fuel no tires I crept to the finish line. One more lap and Cold would have had me.

Racing Hard or Medium might have been the way to go but we would have needed to up the tires wear rate to match. SS definitely keeps you on your toes the whole time. I’m white knuckles practically the whole race. Unrealistic grip for the cars but it also might be too easy with racing tires.

I have decided to make this the last race with this Qualifying format for this series. I chose this format so I could implement grid penalties before races. Since I've abandoned this penalty due to it being pointless with these small fields.

So starting with next race at SSRX. This series will start using Gran Turismo's Qualifying.

Also I will be synchronizing lobby schedules for with both my other series. Lobbies for regular season races for both series will still open by 6:30pm and Qualifying / Race will now start at 7:30pm EST. Regardless of Qualifying or Race length. All times are Eastern US.

Lobby Schedule and Times

Saturdays Night

Practice Start
Sat 6:30 pm Eastern Standard
Sat 3:30 pm Pacific Standard
Sun 12:30 am Central Europe Standard

Qualifying / Race Start
Sat 7:30 pm EST
Sat 4:30 pm PST
Sun 1:30 am CET

Last edited:
Racing Hard or Medium might have been the way to go but we would have needed to up the tires wear rate to match. SS definitely keeps you on your toes the whole time. I’m white knuckles practically the whole race. Unrealistic grip for the cars but it also might be too easy with racing tires.
As far I know. Lap records for road cars in real life use the highest grade models tire available to purchase for that vehicle.

PS_App_20210124_024114.jpeg

Race 4 Results Jan 23rd.

Winner: fastone371
Pole: Jarkulary
Fastest: fastone371

Notes: fastone371 is under effects of the Car Change Policy and does not earn points for this races. Effects are for this race only.

Last edited:
New Lobby Schedule

Practice Start
Sat 6:30 pm Eastern Standard
Sat 3:30 pm Pacific Standard
Sun 12:30 am Central Europe Standard

Qualifying / Race Start
Sat 7:30 pm EST
Sat 4:30 pm PST
Sun 1:30 am CET

Race 5 - February 20th, 2021
90 Minutes of SSRX