STORAGETRUNKS GT3 SERIES - SLS AMG - 90 Minute Race Series- Monday Nights 19:00 UK- FREE SPOTSFinished 

A picture of @DrAug going past me thru the 2nd hairpin, showing amazing pace as usual:bowdown:

25910122723_79327e1fc6_b.jpg

A picture from DrAug's car with tire marks indicating direction of travel just before armco impact:ouch:
25912864853_b6c9e65281_b.jpg

^^^^Not an ideal direction of travel, but I guess someone else had already shown the way!:eek:

:cheers:GTsail

Hi,
Congratulations to all who have come to the finish.
My race was from beginning to end exciting. Initially Ben made pressure. At the end of the race I was always slow, almost had me then even
GTsail290 overtaken. In I think two more laps, he would have overtaken me.
My car already wae 12000 Km old and I had made an oil change before the race. At the end there were missing some PP.
Many greetings and thanks for your work Stephan.

(Sorry for the bad english)

Last edited:
It's taken several hours to go through the replay. Worked through it as fast as I could since getting home this evening.

Here are the only incidents which involved me directly.

Lap count is from the perspective of the first named driver.

GTB2012 and aughablo then BenMillard and then gu1tar3rich
Lap: 1
Turn: Start finish line, just before start of lap 1

johnhepburn and BenMillard
Lap: 21 (N.B. BenMillard is lap 22)
Turn: Double apex left, exit towards lake

Lap: 27 (N.B. BenMillard is lap 29)
Turn: Hairpin at end of pond complex, before double tunnel section

Lap: 27 (N.B. BenMillard is lap 29)
Turn: Middle of double tunnel section

I've catalogued many more, including some which ruined the race. And plenty more which had a significant, negative impact on total race time.

@GTsail290 had only 40km on the clock of his SLS before this race. Great drive and hope you'll be at Spa along with erdink, competing for a G4 win. :cool:

Last edited:
Here's a picture from gu1tar3rich's car (@richroo ) as he arrives on the scene of the S/F line crash:

26259199700_8e90928f3b_b.jpg

^^^^ gu1tar3rich had just veered to the right to miss the crash that was happening ahead, but DrAug's car had been pushed to the right, so it was now in front of gu1tar3's car (though completely obscured by the tire smoke) so gu1tar3's car glanced off DrAug's car and veered to the left and smacked the left-side wall.:ouch: What a crazy start to the race!:boggled:

erdink, TNT2000 and I are a couple of car lengths further back so the track is fairly clear when we arrive in another second or so. Though there is still some lingering tire smoke to contend with.:eek:

After Reviews of the Incidents the stewards have decdided that.

Probably fair to say Aug was waiting on the wrong side of the track for his start time.
The racing line was to the right, and in reality he was originally far enough over, however when there a
bunch of group 4 guys coming down the racing line, its easy to see how Aug was missed and ended up being battered.
Sadly this wrecked Augs and Richies race, and i am very sorry for that, it was i guess one of those things.
I was very very disappointing to see Rich leave the race, and again very disappointing Aug left later on, as with so much time to make up he needed to really go flat out.

It seems the incidents between AUG and GTB may well have been caused because GTB had been battling with GTSail on the previous lap, and AUGs car is the same colour, and he may well have not realised that GTsails had let AUg through to unlap himself, and in reality GTB should have also done the same, however i can see where there may have been confusion, and in future i will ensure all drivers are very aware of letting faster groups unlap themselves.

It has also been decided that in the best interest of the series we ask John Hepburn to step down from participating in our series any longer.
I and many others have given John as much encouragement and help with all aspects, but John seems not to fully understand the requirements, and he does cause a huge threat to every driver that is near him.
He refuses to sign up to our forum, so misses many items that are posted here.
I and particulary Jonjig send him many psn messages to try to help him with his racing and also to explain why he is asked to rejoin on occasions, but he sadly seems not to comprehend.

I am sure you all have encountered him weaving about on the track, and most have had him ramming them at some stage. I dont like to think he does it intentionally but it has caused several drivers to have accidents, and when you are lapping John it becomes a real hazard.

So i will PSN message him tonight and let him know, its a bit sad, as we tried very hard with him.

In the end, the race with 16 starters was great, apart from our 3 leavers, Rich, Aug and mr DC Star.
Regarding a restart, i did not know what was the correct thing to do, if a restart was on or not, but i had to make a decision and felt that a restart would never had happened. As it was there were poeple who could not see each other, and i knew there are a few who need to get away at 8.30 pm uk time for other commitments, and the way the servers are i just felt keep going was the best solution, and i am sorry if it was not the right thing for everyone.

We move on to the final race at SPA with a little weather, so thats very exciting.

The new series details will be posted up very soon, and i do hope as many of you can join that as well.

After Reviews of the Incidents the stewards have decdided that.

Probably fair to say Aug was waiting on the wrong side of the track for his start time.
The racing line was to the right, and in reality he was originally far enough over, however when there a
bunch of group 4 guys coming down the racing line, its easy to see how Aug was missed and ended up being battered.
Sadly this wrecked Augs and Richies race, and i am very sorry for that, it was i guess one of those things.
I was very very disappointing to see Rich leave the race, and again very disappointing Aug left later on, as with so much time to make up he needed to really go flat out.

It seems the incidents between AUG and GTB may well have been caused because GTB had been battling with GTSail on the previous lap, and AUGs car is the same colour, and he may well have not realised that GTsails had let AUg through to unlap himself, and in reality GTB should have also done the same, however i can see where there may have been confusion, and in future i will ensure all drivers are very aware of letting faster groups unlap themselves.

It has also been decided that in the best interest of the series we ask John Hepburn to step down from participating in our series any longer.
I and many others have given John as much encouragement and help with all aspects, but John seems not to fully understand the requirements, and he does cause a huge threat to every driver that is near him.
He refuses to sign up to our forum, so misses many items that are posted here.
I and particulary Jonjig send him many psn messages to try to help him with his racing and also to explain why he is asked to rejoin on occasions, but he sadly seems not to comprehend.

I am sure you all have encountered him weaving about on the track, and most have had him ramming them at some stage. I dont like to think he does it intentionally but it has caused several drivers to have accidents, and when you are lapping John it becomes a real hazard.

So i will PSN message him tonight and let him know, its a bit sad, as we tried very hard with him.

In the end, the race with 16 starters was great, apart from our 3 leavers, Rich, Aug and mr DC Star.
Regarding a restart, i did not know what was the correct thing to do, if a restart was on or not, but i had to make a decision and felt that a restart would never had happened. As it was there were poeple who could not see each other, and i knew there are a few who need to get away at 8.30 pm uk time for other commitments, and the way the servers are i just felt keep going was the best solution, and i am sorry if it was not the right thing for everyone.

We move on to the final race at SPA with a little weather, so thats very exciting.

The new series details will be posted up very soon, and i do hope as many of you can join that as well.

Who will be on tonight?? :cheers:

Just to let everyone know, i have just sent 3 long psn messages to JohnHepburn, about 550 words i explained that sadly we need his laptimes to come down and would like to ask him to drive in a smoother way, so he does not bash other cars.
I asked him for the time being, not to race with us, but myslef and Jonjig are still willing to help him, we have already spent time trying to help him, as we are keen to have all sorts of skill levels in our series.
We have tried to teach John ways to get faster and smoother, we have explained that when being lapped he is to move aside, and to really try to not weave all over the track. I have told John we have great admiration for his grit, that he does not just quit, he still carrys on until the end even 2 laps down.
I have asked him at any time to psn message me if he want to try to get faster, and i will spend time with him, also at a higher level, Jonjig also offered his time.
If John Hepburn ever felt he wanted back into our series, then he only need ask for help.
I went further to take time to explain that on occasion when i ask him to rejoin, not to fel he is being picked on, as i am just trying to get everyone to see each other in the room before the race starts, poor John does not seem to understand what i am trying to say, but i think he is quite young, so Jonjig and i have over the last few months invested time in him, and give him encouragement and praise when he has done ok.
So after much messaging on the old ps joypad, i waited and hoped John would understand, and take up the offer of help.
He just sent a psn message reply......................

j hep.jpg

So there we are......................................:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Last edited:
Just to let everyone know, i have just sent 3 long psn messages to JohnHepburn, i expplained that sadly we need his laptimes to come down and would like to ask him to drive in a smoother way, so he does not bash other cars.
I asked him for the time being, not to race with us, but myslef and Jonjig are still willing to help him, we have already spent time trying to help him, as we are keen to have all sorts of skill levels in our series.
We have tried to teach John ways to get faster and smoother, we have explained that when being lapped he is to move aside, and to really try to not weave all over the track. I have told John we have great admiration for his grit, that he does not just quit, he still carrys on until the end even 2 laps down.
I have asked him at any time to psn message me if he want to try to get faster, and i will spend time with him, also at a higher level, Jonjig also offered his time.
If John Hepburn ever felt he wanted back into our series, then he only need ask for help.
I went further to take time to explain that on occasion when i ask him to rejoin, not to fel he is being picked on, as i am just trying to get everyone to see each other in the room before the race starts, poor John does not seem to understand what i am trying to say, but i think he is quite young, so Jonjig and i have over the last few months invested time in him, and give him encouragement and praise when he has done ok.
So after much messaging on the old ps joypad, i waited and hoped John would understand, and take up the offer of help.

it read

F U C K YOU THEN

So there we are......................................
HAHAHAHAHAHA :D

I acknowledge the stewards decisions and for @Stephen Vann reaching out to johnhepburn. He's written the same sentiment to us in the past and done all the same things before. I was very surprised to see him allowed into Grand Valley at all. Hopefully lessons will be learnt and the bouncers will move a bit more swiftly in future. "No gym kit in our club!" :cool:

There are thousands and thousands of clubs, plus the ever crowded Quick Match and a variety of Open Lobby, including public events from other clubs. We shouldn't feel obligated to keep people in the club. Furthermore, the stewards should feel empowered to maintain fair driving standards because that is for everyone's enjoyment, at the end of the day.

"THE REMAINING DRIVERS ON THE GRID TO MOVE TO ONE SIDE - POSTED IN BRIEFING"
@DrAug was not at fault to wait on that side of the track, imho. The side to wait was not defined in the room chat before the race nor in this topic. Both sides are used when racing and defending.

The unfortunate 'pinball' effect, in my view, was caused by GTB either striking a stopped vehicle or passing too close to it. He usually connects via a phone, so should leave extra space.

@GTB2012GT3 did you see your car strike @DrAug in this incident? Why did you drive so close to it? Finally, did you crowd me towards it? I'm not having a go at you, just trying to understand from your perspective.

And my apologies to DrAug. I could have gone out of track limits, along the pit wall, coasting off throttle. But even then, the apparent collision with GTB was so violent that we might still have collided as the game tried to figure out who was where.

Last edited:
While the S/F line crash was un-fortunate for @richroo and @DrAug it did have the side-benefit of boosting @GTB2012GT3 speed up to 202mph:eek::)

25926831124_b971d75322_b.jpg

I'm glad everything has now been sorted out by the race stewards.👍 I look forward to the next race and hope it will be just as entertaining.:D I don't think my schedule will allow me to join the group for next Monday's race at SPA, but maybe I can join some of the practice sessions.

Well hello everyone, old friends and new alike, great to see you guys still having a fun series, I am in between moving house, and you well maybe have noticed I haven't been on PSN much, Whats the grid like now ? are there more people at my level ? Maybe try get on for Spa as it's an awesome track but it is looking doubtful. Peace.

Last edited:
Sailing along on the final lap with a 3 second lead over Wonski312, I head into Eau Rouge for the final time:

25989631553_e64bc75a55_b.jpg

Coming out of Eau Rouge, my SLS AMG is still un-settled and starts to rotate to the left:
25987563354_640c16ab2d_b.jpg

The left-side armco seems to be in my future:nervous:
25987573664_3ab11f38e6_b.jpg

Yup! The grass looks a little long so since I have a comfortable lead, why not mow some grass and help out the track marshals::dopey:
26526821111_de14e17d15_b.jpg

After the mowing, I manage to get back on the tarmac, though my tires are completely without grip:
26526912481_1dd2f40626_b.jpg

Wonski312 arrives on the scene of GTsail's struggling car:
26592951815_b5b5ebfd2a_b.jpg

I try to get out of his way with a slight turn to the right:
25989826023_1fee8f780e_b.jpg

But, I don't really have control over my SLS AMG, so I over-rotate:
26526978821_13de303896_b.jpg

And smack the right-side armco:
26592885405_534301967c_b.jpg

And skid along the guard-rail for a while: Notice three tire color shades::)
26526853081_e5f816dd3b_b.jpg

I manage to get back on the tarmac as filipino1234 streaks past:
26566644836_d9c6097695_b.jpg

And limp over to the left-side of the track as erdink streaks past:
26592906955_d72e44afae_b.jpg

Thankfully, there are only 12 seconds left in the race, so I limp on home without any further major mishaps. I hope I wasn't too much in the way as you drove past my car:ill:

Great races last night everyone!👍

Last edited:
POST IN OR OUT FOR MONDAYS RACE
FINAL WEEK 10 Mon 25th April

The Race settings

Game Race time 12.00

Weather 20%
Time 12.00
Time progression X1
Weather changeability X15
Surface water at start 10%

All Drivers to start on RH as track will be dry in seconds

Groups & Time delays

Group 5: +000 sec---GO AT GREEN 00:00.000
Hepburn
Deajay
BMWM3
Cpettet1
Francis
Jibber
Jamy
Scott
Elefant
Jake
CC
Prenta
Tube

Group 4: +090 sec---GO AT 01:30.000

Logic IN
Delta
Tnt
GtSail
Gu1
SamD
GTB2012
Gueven
Fili
Wack
Grin
Pee
Jiles
Danni
Srt
Erdink

Group 3: +150 sec---GO AT 02:30.000

Jon
Ben
Dave
Daniel
Jfrod
Slow
Rono
Mikey

Group 2: +180 sec---GO AT 03:00.000
Star
Sken
Nik
Filo
Glen
Lozza
Phaed

Group 1: +210 sec---GO AT 03:30.000

Aug
Erazer
Gippone
Chris
Ayhan

What group are you in stephen ? the one you like ? its not so bad beeing the bossman , with the bossman title privileged follows hehe

Just to let everyone know, i have just sent 3 long psn messages to JohnHepburn, about 550 words i explained that sadly we need his laptimes to come down and would like to ask him to drive in a smoother way, so he does not bash other cars.

So there we are......................................:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

looooooooooooooooooooool what does that mean then will he ask for help you think ? :lol:

Did anyone else take a picture of the race last night at Spa?

Here's the picture that I took:

26311983640_763c668e46_b.jpg

From what I remember, I was about 30 seconds back at the end, so the time that is being shown for me looks about correct, but I don't understand the other positions or times. I thought that @BenMillard won this race, and I thought that @Daniel199025 was in the pits at the end, so I'm a bit perplexed:confused:

Last edited:
Did anyone else take a picture of the race last night at Spa?

Here's the picture that I took:

26311983640_763c668e46_b.jpg

From what I remember, I was about 30 seconds back at the end, so the time that is being shown for me looks about correct, but I don't understand the other positions or times. I thought that @BenMillard won this race, and I thought that @Daniel199025 was in the pits at the end, so I'm a bit perplexed:confused:
That is the wrong race.
The last race we had there was only 5 seconde betwen the top 4 and 10 seconds to to 7 i thnk Gt

That is the wrong race.
The last race we had there was only 5 seconds betwen the top 4 and 10 seconds to to 7 I thnk GT

Thanks, that would explain the times and positions:tup: I was totaled confused when I looked at those results this morning, so I figured my memory was shot or the game was totally confused.:nervous:

I took pictures of two of the race results last night, but must have missed taking a picture for the third one.

Yeah, the last race had a very close finish, well done everyone!👍

Sailing along on the final lap with a 3 second lead over Wonski312, I head into Eau Rouge for the final time:

25989631553_e64bc75a55_b.jpg

Coming out of Eau Rouge, my SLS AMG is still un-settled and starts to rotate to the left:
25987563354_640c16ab2d_b.jpg

The left-side armco seems to be in my future:nervous:
25987573664_3ab11f38e6_b.jpg

Yup! The grass looks a little long so since I have a comfortable lead, why not mow some grass and help out the track marshals::dopey:
26526821111_de14e17d15_b.jpg

After the mowing, I manage to get back on the tarmac, though my tires are completely without grip:
26526912481_1dd2f40626_b.jpg

Wonski312 arrives on the scene of GTsail's struggling car:
26592951815_b5b5ebfd2a_b.jpg

I try to get out of his way with a slight turn to the right:
25989826023_1fee8f780e_b.jpg

But, I don't really have control over my SLS AMG, so I over-rotate:
26526978821_13de303896_b.jpg

And smack the right-side armco:
26592885405_534301967c_b.jpg

And skid along the guard-rail for a while: Notice three tire color shades::)
26526853081_e5f816dd3b_b.jpg

I manage to get back on the tarmac as filipino1234 streaks past:
26566644836_d9c6097695_b.jpg

And limp over to the left-side of the track as erdink streaks past:
26592906955_d72e44afae_b.jpg

Thankfully, there are only 12 seconds left in the race, so I limp on home without any further major mishaps. I hope I wasn't too much in the way as you drove past my car:ill:

Great races last night everyone!👍
What were you doing on IM's at 75%+ weather?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

What were you doing on IM's at 75%+ weather?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wishing like crazy that the rain would start to ease off, but it never did.:(

I pitted at the end of lap # 4 when the rain was at 30% (and switched from RH tires to IM tires), and the IM tires seemed fine until around 50%, but the rain kept going up and up so my tire strategy was all wet;):D

Back