Strange noise heard around the world

United States
Pennsylvania
Ilikewaffles_11
As many of you might know, there has been many videos on YouTube about strange noises heard throughout parts of the world like Kiev, Russia and USA. So what do you think about this whole thing? A hoax? Is the world coming to an end?

I personally believe it is in fact a hoax but I just don't know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ2ZcmMxehk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrLudx6X0sE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf4e-AxJ7nM&sns=em

Last one is re strangest in my opinion.

Last edited:
Probably just an elephant farting or something.

Lots of people are so paranoid about this 2012 thing. I don't see why this year has any more chance of the world 'ending' than every year that has passed before it. I can't believe how people can be so...

*hears strange noise*

Ahhh help! :sly:

Viral marketing campaign.

I believe for Cloverfield 2.
Sounds about right, though I'm not sure how they're doing it. Wikipedia's SOPA blackout means that nobody knows what CLOVERFIELD 2 is up to, so it can't be confirmed or denied ... at least for another few hours. But a quick search of "strange sound" on Google News reveals that, despite half a dozen videos showing this from around the world, not a single mainstream news agency has picked up on it. Something is definately up.

Sounds about right, though I'm not sure how they're doing it. Wikipedia's SOPA blackout means that nobody knows what CLOVERFIELD 2 is up to, so it can't be confirmed or denied ... at least for another few hours. But a quick search of "strange sound" on Google News reveals that, despite half a dozen videos showing this from around the world, not a single mainstream news agency has picked up on it. Something is definately up.

I did the same thing just now. Perhaps the search terms was a bit too bland but it sounds about right. And plus, this has been happening for a couple of years. Here's this one video I found that features "mecha-like noises" in the beginning, then some discussion on local complaints in the end. It's quite freaky..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hl2Q560V5P0#

It did strike me as strange as to why it isn't on the major news networks. I don't think it's a big deal but they probably would think it is. It'd be cool if it was Cloverfield 2 :dopey:.

That is SO creeping me out! Just watched mulpitple videos of it on YT and one is a 12 minutes long from Kiev. I speak Russian so I figured what they were talking about. Sounded totally legit I must say, a mother recording it and speaking with her little son about it, who is pissing her off lol.

(the title of the video is lmao though lol)

It's really easy to put that sound over an amateur video.

It'll be pointless and a waste to do that globally. Besides every location sounds different. Some people chose the acronym UAO (Unidentified Audible Object) to loosely describe this phenomenon.

^ Once again, Cloverfield 2
I managed to get onto the cached version of Wikipedia, and there is no mention of any viral marketing campaign for the film. Of course, Wikipedia needs sources, so if this is CLOVERFIELD 2, nobody is saying anything about it because they will obviously want the videos to go viral. If they were playing these sounds through a speaker system set up somewhere, then it was a clever move to do it in Eastern Europe and Scandinavia, because most people who speak English will not speak the same languages in the videos, making it even harder to tell what is going on.

(the title of the video is lmao though lol)
The predictions suggest that the world will end in December. It's currently January. Why would there be anything apocalypse-related going on?

I find it very suspicious that this is supposedly a worldwide phenomenon, but nobody is actually reporting about it. The screencap of that video shows the woman is in the middle of a residential area - if these sounds were real, why hasn't anyone else reported hearing them? How can she and her son be the only two people in the Ukraine who heard it? Why didn't anybody call the police over these distubring and unexplained sounds? The sound had to come from somewhere, so why didn't anyone go looking for the source?

I find it very suspicious that this is supposedly a worldwide phenomenon, but nobody is actually reporting about it. The screencap of that video shows the woman is in the middle of a residential area - if these sounds were real, why hasn't anyone else reported hearing them? How can she and her son be the only two people in the Ukraine who heard it? Why didn't anybody call the police over these distubring and unexplained sounds? The sound had to come from somewhere, so why didn't anyone go looking for the source?

Easy. I don't dismis a more "reality based" explanation.

As to why no one reported it in Ukraine, that is not true, go look for yourself.

Also, I know the Russian mentality (Ukranians are quite alike) very well. Many believe in things like UfO's and stuff but mostly these people are quite cold or "cool", so most of them didn't really bother that much, I know it sounds weird but it's what it is.

As to why no one reported it in Ukraine, that is not true, go look for yourself.
No, I mean why hasn't it spread out? We've had noises in the Ukraine, Russia, Denmark, Sweden and Canada. All isolated incidents, but all seemingly related by a strange phenomenon. And yet despite this having gone on for several weeks, and most of the internet making the connection (YouTube's recommendations of similar videos link to the other incidents in Scandinavia), I haven't seen a single news article from an actual publication reporting on it. Don't you think that's just a little bit odd? As has been suggested, this may be part of a viral marketing campaign - in which case, media outlets would likely have been tipped off to prevent some kind of mass panic.

Also, I know the Russian mentality (Ukranians are quite alike) very well. Many believe in things like UfO's and stuff but mostly these people are quite cold or "cool", so most of them didn't really bother that much, I know it sounds weird but it's what it is.
I know the Russian disposition, too. My best friend is Moldovan.

Technicolors
Looks very convincing. However the movie came out in 2011, and reports of the sound came in since around 2010, probably earlier.

Probably something strange happened, and a snowball effect occured. People fake videos to gain views, it's hard to find anything convincing (for me). Most worthwhile stuff has been diluted.
I don't really believe in any conspiracies, although I find sone very interesting (like the Philidelphia Experiment). I kinda hope there's something behind all of this.

Here's something else that's weird: a lot of these videos have fair use notices attached to them in the description section. Are they just treading carefully because of SOPA? Or are they commercially-related - like a viral marketing campaign?

I hope it is fake but unfortunately its more than likely not.Do you all really think nothing will happen to earth when our sun align with the center of the galaxy?I read on one of the videos that nearby where the sound was coming from part of the forest floor raised by 5m I think.Im not trying to make anybody scared or anything but cmon you people need to wake up.On the internet they called people nut jobs with tin foil hats back in 09 when they where saying the government will censor the internet.Its proven in human history that we dont believe anything until its too late.Quite frankly I doubt the protest on the internet will stop the sopa and pipa bills just like the bill Obama signed http://tickergrail.blogspot.com/2012/01/obama-signs-martial-law-bill-ndaa-now.html ( I dont listen to alex jones btw ) despite public opinion.
I believe in god or a higher being and I believe in what the bible teach and the way things are unfolding,I can almost say whats going to happen next.
About the sounds first thing came to my mind was the Trumpets.I dont know anything about it but the little I was taught.
Now ive always been a paranoid person, Ive always seen things differently then most,But I told my mom about the video I was like " haha yea it might be fake" she told me it might be the trumpets... That freaked me the hell out tbh lol.
Alot of people deny things because they are in denial alot of people are in denial because they are scared alot of people dont like to be told they are scared so they .. deny ..I really really hope I am wrong but not because im scared for myself but more so for my family.Ive basically accepted that these things will happen and realize theres nothing anybody can do about it. Like I said I really hope im wrong , but come jan24 and I log on my laptop and try to go to a site and see that it has been blocked,then that tells me things will only get worse.

Last edited:
Dmarc_Atl
I hope it is fake but unfortunately its more than likely not.Do you all really think nothing will happen to earth when our sun reach the center of the galaxy?Im not trying to make anybody scared or anything but cmon you people need to wake up.On the internet they called people nut jobs with tin foil hats back in 09 when they where saying the government will censor the internet.Its proven in human history that we dont believe anything until its too late.Quite frankly I doubt the protest on the internet will stop the sopa and pipa bills just like the bill Obama signed http://tickergrail.blogspot.com/2012/01/obama-signs-martial-law-bill-ndaa-now.html ( I dont listen to alex jones btw ) despite public opinion.
I believe in god or a higher being and I believe in what the bible teach and the way things are unfolding,I can almost say whats going to happen next.
About the sounds first thing came to my mind was the Trumpets.I dont know anything about it but the little I was taught.
Now ive always been a paranoid person, Ive always seen things differently then most,But I told my mom about the video I was like " haha yea it might be fake" she told me it might be the trumpets... That freaked me the hell out tbh lol.
Alot of people deny things because they are in denial alot of people are in denial because they are scared alot of people dont like to be told they are scared so they .. deny ..I really really hope I am wrong but not because im scared for myself but more so for my family.Ive basically accepted that these things will happen and realize theres nothing anybody can do about it. Like I said I really hope im wrong , but come jan24 and I log on my laptop and try to go to a site and see that it has been blocked,then that tells me things will only get worse.

Mate calm down, there's no point worrying about stuff that's out of your control. It's more than likely fake.

If they were these trumpets, don't you think that EVERYBODY in the world would hear it at once and it would be louder? I'm not religious so I dunno the whole story but I'd imagine something like it being really loud.

ilikewaffles11
If they were these trumpets, don't you think that EVERYBODY in the world would hear it at once and it would be louder? I'm not religious so I dunno the whole story but I'd imagine something like it being really loud.

I'm a Christian but I haven't studied much of Revelation. Anyway it depends if you take it literally or not, the Bible is written in a poetic language. For example in Genesis it doesn't go into detail about how but more why. It explains that God spoke and this were created but I don't believe he was actually speaking, it explains things in a way so a wide range of people can understand it.
Anyway I don't really want to start more religious debates so I better shut up.

Well I won't judge for religious beliefs, for all I know I could be the one who's wrong because I personally don't believe in god. Anyway that makes sense.

No.
If I remember correctly it said something about everyone eventually hearing it.Rather they hear personally or word of mouth.
Im not very religious either as of now anyway so I really dont know.

I'm a Christian but I haven't studied much of Revelation. Anyway it depends if you take it literally or not, the Bible is written in a poetic language. For example in Genesis it doesn't go into detail about how but more why. It explains that God spoke and this were created but I don't believe he was actually speaking, it explains things in a way so a wide range of people can understand it.
Anyway I don't really want to start more religious debates so I better shut up.
👍
Yea I dont like to talk about religion on the internet.I kinda regret bringing it up in this thread.

Do you all really think nothing will happen to earth when our sun reach the center of the galaxy?
If that is what is happening, do you honestly think everyone on earth - particularly NASA - would have completely missed it before now? If our solar system were travelling towards the centre of the galaxy, someone would have noticed the change in constellations, even if it took millions of years, enough to plot out our relative speed through the galaxy. And given that our solar system is about 30,000 light years from the centre of the galaxy, we're not going to suddenly end up there. If we did, we'd certainly notice.

I read on one of the videos that nearby where the sound was coming from part of the forest floor raised by 5m I think.
A conspiracy theory holds that HAARP, the High-Altitude Auroral Research Prjoect based in Alaska, is a weather-controlling device, which works by heating the atmosphere in a localised area. If this were possible, then the surface of the earth raising slightly is agreed to be one of the signs that HAARP is in use.

Of course, you're basing all of this alarmist attitude on a comment in YouTube video.

Quite frankly I doubt the protest on the internet will stop the sopa and pipa bills just like the bill Obama signed
And what do SOPA and PIPA have to do with strange noises being recorded around the world?

But I told my mom about the video I was like " haha yea it might be fake" she told me it might be the trumpets... That freaked me the hell out tbh lol.
You're right. It might be trumpets.

"Might" being the operative word here, because the only way I could accept the noises as being trumpets would be if they were trumpets played by a drunken aardvark with gas.

Last edited:
Back