Street Cars Lap Times (Nordschleife)

• Thread starter Yassi_99
  • 294 comments
I've had my T300 RS for over a year and it's been great. I tend not to use it for longer than 30-45 minutes each day though, so I can't comment about it "giving up" after an hour of use. I had a G27 during GT5 and GT6 and I much prefer the Thrustmaster. I am not hardcore enough to fork over $1,000 USD for a Fanatec and a more rigid cockpit than my Playseat Challenge. If I was highly competitive online and didn't play any other games or anything, then maybe sure.

Forced cooling? What's that? I guess yes, because it gets very loud while using it. The FFB settings are in the lower/middle end, nothing excessive.

This was suggested by one of the users in T300RS thred here when i bought the wheel myself not long ago (Edit: it was @asteroulis , shout out to him)

Hold Options and Mode button together for roughly 3-4 seconds and release them. Red light on the left side of the base will flash and fans will turn on full speed

This makes cooling more efficient and pretty much negates the "FFB wearing off over time" issue and saves a lot of trouble maintenance wise in general, since apparently most of the hardware problems are caused by the inefficiency of auto-adjusted cooling

Fans might seem a bit loud when in Forced Cooling mode, but i personally got used to the sound and it doesn't interrupt from racing at all: my TV easily overlaps the fan noise even on low volume settings

If the wheel is just plugged into the PS4/PC, but you're not using it, you can turn off the Forced Cooling by, again, holding Options and Mode button together for 3-4 seconds, but i recommend to always play with Forced Cooling on

Lancia Stratos (N200) - 8:05,625

This time we are flying right into the stratosphere if you know what I mean °~°
Quite impressive how many advantages a light car has compared to heavy ones. The Stratos really feels extremely agile and small. It can be twitchy and nervous sometimes but it allows the driver to position the car in astounding ways which other rivals can't. Oh boy I'm so freaking happy this rally legend made it into the game :-)

Hey I think tire choice is a difficult one. For N100 SH is way too grippy although for N600 and up its too loose. I love doing Nordschleife laps as well but this is my tire choice:
N100 CH / N200 CN / N300 CS / N400 SH / N500 CN / N600 and up CS.

Thank you bro @Alex p. :-) I really try to give my all.

@MightyL If I'm playing for fun (mostly in Touristenfahrten lobbies), I often use the tire compound which I assume to be the best fitting. For example I always drive vintage cars with CH tires as technology wasn't as advanced as it is today. Even the most modern street cars are way too fast with SH ones. The 911 GT3 RS for example is around 10 seconds quicker than the real record so it might be more realistic to use CS tires. The Pagani Zonda R on the other hand is a few seconds slower on the Nurb with SH tires than its real counterpart (SM would be perfect). By driving and comparing the times, this thread really helps me to find out the perfect compound for each car.

BMW M4 (N400) - 7:31,752

Sorry for retesting the M4 for the 3rd time (facepalm). This time I used another camera view (bumper cam) to see if I could improve my pace. I'm still not sure if the impact was made by the recent physics changes or the different view though but the time speaks for itself.

Sorry for retesting the M4 for the 3rd time (facepalm). This time I used another camera view (bumper cam) to see if I could improve my pace. I'm still not sure if the impact was made by the recent physics changes or the different view though but the time speaks for itself.
Hi! What was your previous record?

New times:

Honda Civic Type R (EK) '98: 08.34.942

The "little brother" of the Integra, if you want so. Lovely design, nice sound and great handling. It is basically 10 seconds slower, than the Integra though. Considering the specs of both cars, I really didn't expect such a big difference in lap times. Colour me surprised.

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69: 08.12.659
Much, much faster, than I expected it to be. Still quite a bit slower, than the mighty GT350 though. I really liked its handling characteristics and also really like the looks of it. Fun muscle car.

Phenomenal time as always!

Last edited:
New times:

Honda Civic Type R (EK) '98: 08.34.942

The "little brother" of the Integra, if you want so. Lovely design, nice sound and great handling. It is basically 10 seconds slower, than the Integra though. Considering the specs of both cars, I really didn't expect such a big difference in lap times. Colour me surprised.

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69: 08.12.659
Much, much faster, than I expected it to be. Still quite a bit slower, than the mighty GT350 though. I really liked it handling characteristics and also really like the looks of it. Fun muscle car.

Phenomenal time as always!
Tested the Civic with a buddy (shoutout to JIM_NicoN15) and indeed it is slower on the straights than the Integra. We had the feeling it was not because of the HP but more the different gear ratio which made the Integra better around the track.

I drove the new time trial Sport mode and managed to get a 8:05,2xx with the 930 Porsche Turbo (it was with BoP and Comfort Soft tires though). It gives us an idea what the widowmaker is capable of :-)

Last edited:
New times:

Renault Sport Clio V6 24V '00: 08.13.108

Fun little hatchback. Can be a little tricky to move at the limit. Considering the specs, it really did quite the impressive time. I like it.

Porsche 911 Turbo (930) '81: 07.55.444
Well, this might be the most fun I had yet with a sports car on the Nordschleife. What a perfect match it seems really. It really likes to drift, while losing very little speed doing so, if any. The handling is super, super fun and challenging at the same time, because yes, it can be rather snappy.

New times:

Renault Sport Clio V6 24V '00: 08.13.108

Fun little hatchback. Can be a little tricky to move at the limit. Considering the specs, it really did quite the impressive time. I like it.

Porsche 911 Turbo (930) '81: 07.55.444
Well, this might be the most fun I had yet with a sports car on the Nordschleife. What a perfect match it seems really. It really likes to drift, while losing very little speed doing so, if any. The handling is super, super fun and challenging at the same time, because yes, it can be rather snappy.
You have motivated me to start testing more vehicles again. :-))))
Are there any cars which I should (re)test? I can't decide myself lol
Too many awesome cars

Would love you to tackle the following cars:
- The 911 Turbo (930)
- The Veyron (CAN it go under the magic 7 minute mark?)
- Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
- Aston Martin DB11
- Jaguar F-type R
- Shelby Cobra 427
- TVR Tuscan Speed Six
- Lamborghini Countach LP400
- Ferrari 512BB
- Jaguar E-Type Coupe
- Honda Civic Type R (EK)

My top 3 of those for you to test: 1. Veyron, 2. LP400, 3. 911 Turbo

My LP400 and 512BB laps were quite poop, so it would be interesting to see what you can extract from these cars especially. With the recent physics updates making especially tail happy cars much more manageable, you should embarrass my attemts. :lol:

Last edited:
I will give my best. And believe me, your driving is much better than 95% (or even more :-]) of the whole playerbase. I'm not sure if I could beat your times with a wheel.

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 (N1000) - 7:03,205

I'm quite disappointed by this car. It's heavy, not very agile around corners and tends to understeer during both braking and accelerating. So how does this car get such a freaking fast time? Of course only its tremendous straight line speed saved the laptime. I'm not sure if they changed the physics with the last update or not because some people say all vehicles have gotten slower than before. Is it true? Because right now, this vehicle (or me lmao) can't break the 7min mark. Perhaps you @Alex p. should retest the Veyron as well to see how much time you gain or lose to your previous record.

There it is! Thanks for taking your time with testing the car! Yeah I thought it wouldn't beat the 7 minute mark, but wasn't sure. Not gonna retest it though I think, because I'm investing an unhealthy amount of time in my current video editing project of GTSport. Can't wait to share it with all of you. :)

Returned home yesterday after being absent for a week. Tried out the 930 Turbo in the Time Trial event

Interesting thing about this car is, it is slippy, but not that slippy that it becomes uncontrollable. In fact, i got used to it quite quickly and used the excess oversteer to an advantage. Very nice car to drive

I managed a 8:27 lap (i don't remember the exact laptime, definitely was under 8:30) on Comfort Softs. Then i saw a familiar nickname in top leaderboards. @Yassi_99 with an 8:01 lap. Hey there mate :gtpflag:

Returned home yesterday after being absent for a week. Tried out the 930 Turbo in the Time Trial event

Interesting thing about this car is, it is slippy, but not that slippy that it becomes uncontrollable. In fact, i got used to it quite quickly and used the excess oversteer to an advantage. Very nice car to drive

I managed a 8:27 lap (i don't remember the exact laptime, definitely was under 8:30) on Comfort Softs. Then i saw a familiar nickname in top leaderboards. @Yassi_99 with an 8:01 lap. Hey there mate :gtpflag:
Hahahahaha Thank you m8. Wish it would be a 8:01 but I got a 8:04,5xx. Extremely happy with the time as I don't have a wheel with clutch. I can upload the lap if you really want to :D

Porsche 911 Turbo 930 (N300) - 7:52,863

Sorry but I had to do this before the Countach @Alex p. :)

It definitely is my favorite car right now in the game. The feeling of the loose rear is just phenomenal (especially with Comfort Soft tires) and the speed both in corners and on straights is impressive. It is also a great car to learn driving with manual transmission as the long 4 speed gearbox gives you enough room to time your shifts. It still remains the widowmaker so it might be hard to drive for non-experienced drivers. Too fast entry speeds are followed by instant slides of the rear towards the outside so it's quite a balance act to push this beast. The laptime is crazy fast considering its age. One of the few cars which are hard to master but reward you big time in the end.

Porsche 911 Turbo 930 (N300) - 7:52,863

Sorry but I had to do this before the Countach @Alex p. :)

It definitely is my favorite car right now in the game. The feeling of the loose rear is just phenomenal (especially with Comfort Soft tires) and the speed both in corners and on straights is impressive. It is also a great car to learn driving with manual transmission as the long 4 speed gearbox gives you enough room to time your shifts. It still remains the widowmaker so it might be hard to drive for non-experienced drivers. Too fast entry speeds are followed by instant slides of the rear towards the outside so it's quite a balance act to push this beast. The laptime is crazy fast considering its age. One of the few cars which are hard to master but reward you big time in the end.

All good ;) Great time as always!

New time:

Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91: 08.15.381
I have been pretty much exactly one second slower in this one, than in the Lancer IV. That said, obviously this is one of the slowest JDMs. The weight this thing has, makes itself very apparent. No car was being pushed off the track by its weight as much as this one, that's for sure. Also, its gear ratios are really not well suited for the Nordschleife.

Nonetheless, the car is very, very planted and thus very easy to drive and move at the limit. It can get very tricky to bring it to a halt from higher speeds though, as it gets rather unstable. Also it sounds rather nice and looks very good, in my opinion.

EDIT: New time:

Honda S2000 '99: 08.08.538

It's basically just as fast as the 300ZX. Expected it to be a little faster, but considering its hp, it did rather well.

The fun factor is quite big though. :) You can throw it into corners and easily pull of some nice drifts.

@Yassi_99 Going by our talk from yesterday I guess you are rather surprised by its relativly slow lap time?

EDIT 2: New time:

Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX Type R STi Version VI '99: 08.05.354

About 3 seconds faster than the S2000 and about 5 seconds slower than the 22B. Interesting. Basically there, where I expected it to be. It is slightly faster in a straight line, than the S2000, which gives it its slight edge.

Well it definatly is very nice to drive (as all Imprezas are), because it is quite planted but can still be thrown around a little. I also like its looks very much. Nice drive.

Last edited:
Should I upload a lap with the new Camaro ZL1 and compare it to the real life time? I just did this and I'm truly amazed by how close the game and real life are.
IRL they use sports soft instead of sports hard so those GT Sport road cars seem somewhat faster than IRL.
However I believe in the game, good drivers push quite a bit faster for the mere fact that you dont destroy the cars and you cannot suffer any physical shunt whatsoever. Seems funny but I think it's true, I do believe IRL laptimes have a lot of improvement, due to that, that if they mess up they can have a bad accident.
Remember the ring safety is quite poor.

IRL they use sports soft instead of sports hard so those GT Sport road cars seem somewhat faster than IRL.
However I believe in the game, good drivers push quite a bit faster for the mere fact that you dont destroy the cars and you cannot suffer any physical shunt whatsoever. Seems funny but I think it's true, I do believe IRL laptimes have a lot of improvement, due to that, that if they mess up they can have a bad accident.
Remember the ring safety is quite poor.
Sport Hards are too slow for modern sport tires like the Camaro's. I had to use Sport Medium tires and oh boy: Up until Bergwerk, everything absolutely matches with the real car. Gear ratios, straight line speed, corner speed :)

Sport Hards are too slow for modern sport tires like the Camaro's. I had to use Sport Medium tires and oh boy: Up until Bergwerk, everything absolutely matches with the real car. Gear ratios, straight line speed, corner speed :)
Thats the thing, IRL they go as fast as they can? I think you can push a bit harder without fear in the game, thats what I'm saying.

Thats the thing, IRL they go as fast as they can? I think you can push a bit harder without fear in the game, thats what I'm saying.
I know, I know. I didn't say anything against that quote, as it is undeniably true :)
I had this in mind so I tried to not use any of the little tricks like overusing the curbs as you wouldn't do this IRL as well.

Last edited:
I tried the ZL1 1LE on SH and did a 7:50. Tried with SS tyres and did 7:28. Maybe a fast player can do the 7:16 time.

I tried the ZL1 1LE on SH and did a 7:50. Tried with SS tyres and did 7:28. Maybe a fast player can do the 7:16 time.

I just managed a 7:37 with the ZL1 1LE also on SH tires. For reference the best I managed for the GTR Nismo with SH tires was a 7:30:9 (Compared to the 7:19 record on this thread) so a pro could probably get the ZL1 1LE to do a sub 7:25 on SH.

Back