Street Cars Lap Times (Nordschleife)

• Thread starter Yassi_99
  • 294 comments
I just managed a 7:37 with the ZL1 1LE also on SH tires. For reference the best I managed for the GTR Nismo with SH tires was a 7:30:9 (Compared to the 7:19 record on this thread) so a pro could probably get the ZL1 1LE to do a sub 7:25 on SH.
I managed to do a 7:16,8xx on SM tires (there's still room for improvement) so that it matches the real life lap. I will upload it this evening. Sub 7:25 should be possible on Sport Hards :-)

I managed to do a 7:16,8xx on SM tires (there's still room for improvement) so that it matches the real life lap. I will upload it this evening. Sub 7:25 should be possible on Sport Hards :-)
Soz I'm new to this thread is there an archive/link to previous best recorded laps? I'd like to see where I'm losing 10+ seconds over the entire lap. Do you take lots of kerb or try and minimise kerb usage?

Soz I'm new to this thread is there an archive/link to previous best recorded laps? I'd like to see where I'm losing 10+ seconds over the entire lap. Do you take lots of kerb or try and minimise kerb usage?

I'll upload my ZL1 lap in 2 days. It's on sports hards. I'm doing the lap right now, and it will probably be under 7:25.

This is one of two laps I uploaded on this thread as a replay. It's still not the ZL1 lap but it gives you an idea how you should approach the Nurb :-)

Great job @Yassi_99

I have tested 3 of the 4 new cars. Here are my laps of them with descpritions:

3 new times:

Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Dodge Super Bee '70: 08.21.829 in 1080p60

The typical American 70's muscle car. Slightly higher top speed compared to the others from that era, which gives it its slight edge lap times wise. A little too snappy and drifty for my taste, but fun nonetheless.

Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71: 07.42.522 in 1080p60

What a great car! Almost reminds me of the 930 Porsche. Looks good considering its age, sounds great, handles very nicely and is really fast!

Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE Package '18: 07.23.642 in 1080p60
This thing certainly needs its aero parts. Man, what a handful. Very loose and slidy, but still very fun and rewarding, when you "tame" it. Still a few seconds to squeeze out of that monster.

I uploaded all my here mentioned times on my channel btw.

Remember I talked about a big video project some weeks/months ago? I did a thread for it, but nobody really seemed interested, so it went rather unnoticed. I basically edited "interesting scenes" (sparks, suspensions work, tyre flex or just generally beautiful scenes) in slow-mo and added some nice music to the first 99 of my hot laps. For those, who missed it and/or who is interested: here's the video. Comments appreciated :)

Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE Package (N700) - 7:18,412

Now back to the only purpose of this thread: This time, the very new Camaro ZL1 1LE has to set the bar for American muscles. And oh boy, this thing is like a wild animal. Hard to control but very rewarding and fast in the end. But don't get me wrong as the car doesn't drive bad. Indeed, it would have really great handling but the 650hp just do their job of kicking out the rear a bit too well xD
This logically results in crazy acceleration and topspeed. If you compare the ZL1 to the standard SS, they both feel completely different and like two non-related cars. The SS is more of a true muscle car with softer suspension while the ZL1 fits into sports- and supercar territory. The lap time is on par with many MR machines which were only build to race (unlike the Camaro).

Lamborghini Countach LP400 (N400) - 7:31,947

I remembered that you @Alex p. wanted me to test this oldie. I'm impressed by the laptime. Didn't expect it to be just as fast as an M4 (I triple checked if the car was really stock after I did my first run lmao). The Countach is the perfect example how important lightweightness really is for cars. It is extremely slippery and entertaining to drive but it takes its time to get used to the handling. Did I mention that the Countach sounds spot on?

Lamborghini Countach LP400 (N400) - 7:31,947

I remembered that you @Alex p. wanted me to test this oldie. I'm impressed by the laptime. Didn't expect it to be just as fast as an M4 (I triple checked if the car was really stock after I did my first run lmao). The Countach is the perfect example how important lightweightness really is for cars. It is extremely slippery and entertaining to drive but it takes its time to get used to the handling. Did I mention that the Countach sounds spot on?

It's really a 31, not a 41? Just asking...

2 new times:

Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Porsche Taycan Turbo S '19: 07.21.145
I was on a sub-20 flyer, but messed it up. Well, a 07.21.145 is still an incredible time for such a car. I was very much surprised at what this thing could do cornering wise, when driven right. The acceleration is brutal of course, the top speed less so (264 km/h - 164 miles per). I don't know if the brakes are bad, but you really need to break early. That said: yes, you do feel the weight of the car very much and need to really adapt your driving to it (it being fully electric also plays a role in that). All in all it's a very impressive car I think.

Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 SV '15: 07.12.492
Puh, it's realy not easy to extract the limit out of this car. Certainly more difficult, than with the Taycan, Enzo, and strangely enough...even the standard Aventador. Nonetheless, it's obviously incredibly fast. It does sound nice too. And the look is just sexy! I did expect a better laptime, than this, but then again, it's probably one more case, where the downforce isn't being simulated all that accurately.

2 new times:

Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Porsche Taycan Turbo S '19: 07.21.145
I was on a sub-20 flyer, but messed it up. Well, a 07.21.145 is still an incredible time for such a car. I was very much surprised at what this thing could do cornering wise, when driven right. The acceleration is brutal of course, the top speed less so (264 km/h - 164 miles per). I don't know if the brakes are bad, but you really need to break early. That said: yes, you do feel the weight of the car very much and need to really adapt your driving to it (it being fully electric also plays a role in that). All in all it's a very impressive car I think.

Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 SV '15: 07.12.492
Puh, it's realy not easy to extract the limit out of this car. Certainly more difficult, than with the Taycan, Enzo, and strangely enough...even the standard Aventador. Nonetheless, it's obviously incredibly fast. It does sound nice too. And the look is just sexy! I did expect a better laptime, than this, but then again, it's probably one more case, where the downforce isn't being simulated all that accurately.

Your Taycan lap is faster than the real one, but Aventador lap is slower than real one :lol:

As for the Porsche, the brakes really do seem to be weak and i don't exactly know the reason for it: its weight, the fact you accelerate so fast you underestimate your corner entry speed or if the brakes are just not good enough for this car. Other than that, it is an amazing machine

Your Taycan lap is faster than the real one, but Aventador lap is slower than real one :lol:

As for the Porsche, the brakes really do seem to be weak and i don't exactly know the reason for it: its weight, the fact you accelerate so fast you underestimate your corner entry speed or if the brakes are just not good enough for this car. Other than that, it is an amazing machine
I guess tire technology has advanced so much that SH tires in GT are worse compared to them :D

I just checked. The Lambo did a 6:59.73 irl. :eek: Well, that time is definatly not possible with sports hard tyres in the game. 07.07.xxx max. You would need AT LEAST sports middle tyres, or rather the soft ones actually.

It’ll be cool to know what GT Sport tires are equivalent to real world tires. What I do is keep normal city cars (Demio, i3, Fit, Atenza, etc) with CS, Normal sport/super cars (RC F, Focus, Huracán, Taycan, etc) with SH, Track focused street cars (Camaro ZL1 1LE, Aventador SV, GTR Nismo, etc) with SM and Hypercars (LaFerrari, Huayra, Veneno, One-77, etc) with SS.

It’ll be cool to know what GT Sport tires are equivalent to real world tires. What I do is keep normal city cars (Demio, i3, Fit, Atenza, etc) with CS, Normal sport/super cars (RC F, Focus, Huracán, Taycan, etc) with SH, Track focused street cars (Camaro ZL1 1LE, Aventador SV, GTR Nismo, etc) with SM and Hypercars (LaFerrari, Huayra, Veneno, One-77, etc) with SS.

Yeah, that would be cool to know. On the other hand, testing all cars with SH shows the real difference between them.

Two new times:

Nordschleife hot lap STOCK BMW M3 (E46) '03: 07.53.696

Finally in GT again. Great car. Awesome looks, good sound, fast and good handling. I would characterize its handling as rather light, drifty and a little bit indirect actually. The brakes seem to be rather weak too. I guess I am a tiny bit disappointed even. Did the car still do an impressive time, considering its specs? Yes, absolutely.

Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Ruf CTR3 '07: 07.15.695

Ruf is finally back to GT. And with such a car (first time ever in GT)! Pooh, really not easy to handle at the limit at all. Reminds me handling wise a lot of the Aston Vulcan. Obviously it is incredibly fast in a straight line. Very, very twitchy. Gotta be really carefull with throttle, gas and steering control, or you're off immediatly!

Two new times:

Nordschleife hot lap STOCK BMW M3 (E46) '03: 07.53.696

Finally in GT again. Great car. Awesome looks, good sound, fast and good handling. I would characterize its handling as rather light, drifty and a little bit indirect actually. The brakes seem to be rather weak too. I guess I am a tiny bit disappointed even. Did the car still do an impressive time, considering its specs? Yes, absolutely.

Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Ruf CTR3 '07: 07.15.695

Ruf is finally back to GT. And with such a car (first time ever in GT)! Pooh, really not easy to handle at the limit at all. Reminds me handling wise a lot of the Aston Vulcan. Obviously it is incredibly fast in a straight line. Very, very twitchy. Gotta be really carefull with throttle, gas and steering control, or you're off immediatly!

Huh, i'd describe the M3 completely otherwise: steering feels weighted, stable and not really that drifty at all. Sure you can drift it (and it slides good), but it is no way as drifty as 930 for example
Brakes are okay imo, not superb but not terrible either

Porsche 911 Carrera RS Clubsport (N300) - 7:47,002

I did this time in the new daily race C instead of the usual time trial mode but it still fits this list perfectly I think. I'm not sure if the car was BOP'ed or not but it is quite a beast for its class. Not so much because of its speed but more because of the tricky handling while driving fast. It really is easy to drive until you pass a certain point where the rear steps out almost silently. I saw many people spin their vehicles as they didn't react to the vehicle's movements.

Last edited:
New time:

GTS Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Ford GT '17: 07.11.036

Well, colour me surprised. What a great car. The first few laps I wondered if it could break through the 7.20 barrier and in the end it did a 07.11.036. Faster than the One-77, Vulcan, Enzo and Aventador (SV)!. Feels pretty well planted, has great brakes, less understeer than the others and nice acceleration. From 300 km/h onwards it's a little disappointing though and it is also a little slippery at low speeds. Definatly not really hard to move at the limit.

New time:

GTS Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Ford GT '17: 07.11.036

Well, colour me surprised. What a great car. The first few laps I wondered if it could break through the 7.20 barrier and in the end it did a 07.11.036. Faster than the One-77, Vulcan, Enzo and Aventador (SV)!. Feels pretty well planted, has great brakes, less understeer than the others and nice acceleration. From 300 km/h onwards it's a little disappointing though and it is also a little slippery at low speeds. Definatly not really hard to move at the limit.

Very cool lap :D

I'm sorry for being absent but I'm in the middle of my studies. They will be finished in the middle of next month so I might test some more cars myself then :-)

New time:

GTS Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Ferrari Berlinetta 250GT '61: 08.08.589

Well, it's very twitchy (especially under braking), floaty and slidy. Not easy to move at the limit at all. Feels like a driveable bathtub. Question is: Even considering its classy and somewhat timeless design: is it worth the 12,5 mil? Answer: Nah. Impressive time nonetheless, especially considering its low top speed of 210 km/h. Can go several seconds quicker still.

Last edited:
New time:

GTS Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Lamborghini Miura '66: 07.35.691

Just as all the other old models like the Berlinetta, 512BB, or Countach, this one is also slidy, twitchy and floaty, but probably still the most "behaved".
*behave Austin powers gif* Great desing imo and really, really fast this thing. Like it quite a lot. Worth the 15 mil? Hm, if you care about prestige and rare value, etc., then yes I guess.

Improved time: From a 07.51.xxx (around 7 seconds)

GTS Nordschleife hot lap STOCK Ferrari 512BB '76: 07.44.446

Very hard to move at the limit, very floaty, snappy and wild.

Last edited:
Back